• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not "almost impossible". lol. I usually get it when I walk along the harbour. Lots of historical stuff from WWII there, old well known cafes/take-aways and the such.

Oh, and your Pokestops and Gyms are entirely dependant on how popular Ingress was where you live. It has jack all to do with Niantic specifically. Plus it'll probably take a very long time for a team of 30 to get through Pokestop requests from 5+ million players.
Well not everyone is lucky enough to live near something like a harbor with over 10 stops in walking distance from their home. Again, this is the average spread for me living in SoCal:

I0rBa8U.jpg

I can walk and walk from my home and still not quite hit the required amount for a pokestop bonus. So unless I hop in my car to fight traffic and go out of my way to find bustling spots, it'll be harder to accrue the ten visits under a half hour for the extra.

Like I said earlier, there are reasonable solutions that don't require a team of 40 to sift through millions of submissions. The more you walk before reaching a stop, the higher the reward you recieve when you finally get to one for example. Boom easy and fair and rewards the extra activity for those in sparser areas.

dity

Well not everyone is lucky enough to live near something like a harbor with over 10 stops in walking distance from their home. Again, this is the average spread for me living in SoCal:

I can walk and walk from my home and still not quite hit the required amount for a pokestop bonus. So unless I hop in my car to fight traffic and go out of my way to find bustling spots, it'll be harder to accrue the ten visits under a half hour for the extra.

Like I said earlier, there are reasonable solutions that don't require a team of 40 to sift through millions of submissions. The more you walk before reaching a stop, the higher the reward you recieve when you finally get to one for example. Boom easy and fair and rewards the extra activity for those in sparser areas.

I live in Aus so, well, yeah. Most people are lucky enough to live near a harbour on the east coast.

Also, your solution doesn't solve your distance problem. I'm

Seik

Banned
No more pokeball...

On the bus, going to work...

''Cool I have at least 4 pokestops on the way, perhaps I'll get at least 5 pokeball!''

*Approaches pokestop*...*Character stops moving*

'LOST GPS SIGNAL'

''Nooo, get it back, GET IT BACK!''

*Character warps next to it but too far for me to spin it.*

''NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!''

Rinse and repeat 3 times...That shit ruined my day. :(

Pachimari

Caught an Electabuzz! This game keeps giving one new Pokemon a day on average.

I'm running out of pokeballs though, as I have 28 left.

Koren

I'm impressed by the number of people playing it. I'm pretty sure I've seen over one hundred random people playing it in the streets in the last 48h...

Would Niantic cause problems in the future after they put a complete stop on tracking sites and apps to where Ddos would possibly happen? Reasons I just thought of this was a few days ago Blizzard sent out a notice to players that they were experiencing latency issues due to Ddos happening that day. So I immediately thought how that might effect with Pokemon Go after all the salt

GulAtiCa

My trip to NY and Disneyland definitely sped that process up :p

Behold, paradise (Disneyland):

Also lucky eggs and evolving a crap ton of pokemon, which doesn't necessarily require many items.

Wow! I'm going to Universal Studios - Orlando in like 2 months. I'm hoping for lots of Pokestops

Acinixys

Actually, maybe just me, but I've been seeing a lot of different Pokemon lately (among the common ones too), esp evolved Pokemon too.

I feel that same

Probably a placebo effect but after weeks of very few rare pokemon last night I caught 2 Parasect, a Ferow, a Golduck and a Rapidash ran away on me

Pretty good night for me

All i usually get is Zubats and Duduos with a Squirtle or Bulbasaur every now and again

L Thammy

Would any of you rural folks be able to reach a university campus or mall? Those are the main areas that I find Pokestops that aren't downtown.

@The more rare Pokemon thing
I haven't noticed it. I found a Rhyhorn, but that was when I had to visit a place that I've only been to once before. I also saw a Gengar and a Dratini on my Pokemon nearby window this week, but I didn't see them (and admittedly couldn't catch them at the moment anyway). Not sure how accurate that list is either.

I feel that same

Probably a placebo effect but after weeks of very few rare pokemon last night I caught 2 Parasect, a Ferow, a Golduck and a Rapidash ran away on me

Pretty good night for me

All i usually get is Zubats and Duduos with a Squirtle or Bulbasaur every now and again

Yeah I've had a Muk and Marowak appear on my nearby tonight, as well as two Arbok.
But at the same time I've caught a Hitmonlee and Gengar from my house in the past so who knows.

I guess I'm 2/2 in getting the eevee evolve I want after using the nickname once

First got the vape God and just got a Flarion
I previously used sparky to get Joltion

Saya

Had a good day of Pokemon: caught my first Ponyta, Onix, and Magmar, hatched a Jynx out of a 10km egg which I didn't have yet, and got a good stock of pokeballs to last me a while.

My 2km eggs seem to hatch nothing but crap; Weedles, Caterpies, Pidgeys, and Magicarps... Never a starter... Or Pikachu

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Poked is at 20 caugth/20 seen from 1 day and a half of just going about my business. There's nearly northing near my house and a Zubat infestation at the office, but I'm pleased with the variety and amount of Pokestops around my work so far.

The elusive Psyducks and Squirtles are killing me though. In-game tracking pls.

Yesterday I only added Lapras to the pokedex. Today I've seen nothing but the usual crap.
I have some business downtown so I guess I'll just spam some pokestops.

Do iv's change when you evolve? I have a high cp growlithe with super low iv's but am wondering if the iv's are worth worrying about pre evolution? I know move set doesn't matter pre evolution

Btw this method works instantly for Pokemon Go refunds. (iOS)

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/com..._go_purchases/

Instant refund depends on how recent the purchase is. I was able to get all my purchases instantly refunded. Very quick and easy. Apple does not share your Apple ID with Niantic. Apple protects its customers

How to get a refund using the web

1.Go to Apple's problem reports page:

http://reportaproblem.apple.com/

2.Login with your Apple ID user name (typically your email address) and password.

3.Select the appropriate tab—all, music, movies, TV shows, apps, or books.

4.Find the purchase you want refunded

5.Select Open item but not functions as expected

6.Fill in the description,

I wrote " the latest updated changed how the game tracking functions. The update removed the ability to track Pokemon in game and removed assistance of third party websites. The update changed the main games function and removed the ability to accurately track Pokemon. My purchased was for the sole purpose of assisting in tracking Pokemon which no longer exists and has been removed in the recent update."

7.Select Submit

If the purchase doesn't show a "get refund " now button change the reason to "Other" and you will either get your refund in 5-10days or be contacted via email by Apple. Either way you should get a refund.

BowieZ

Banned
My egg hatches lately have been unbelievably shit, but I get the sense they've increased the rate of rarer Pokemon (for my area/region anyway) appearing in the wild, perhaps as a bit of a concession and encouragement. Today I caught quite a bit more of them than usual (things like the starters, kabuto, grimer, and even dratini).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom