• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

Those are excellent news! Like seriously! Because just when I was walking for work this morning, I passed near a gym and just look at this:

tumblr_obg16zhgdk1qdlpuuy5.png

Level 33 with a 2004 CP Poliwrath. So far that level of XP is impossible to achieve by playing the game properly and without hacks.

Saya

How believable is it to encounter a level 33 player with two Dragonites at CP 3200 each? I think I might have encountered a not player.

I think there's a good chance most players who are 33-34 or higher are cheating. I even saw some level 38s here today while checking out gyms. Hope something will be done about that soon.

Vuze

Level 33 with a 2004 CP Poliwrath. So far that level of XP is impossible to achieve by playing the game properly and without hacks.
I wanna see the receipts for these statements (and by that I'm not talking about people extrapolating from their own playtime)

Pachimari

I'm a little surprised how long it have taken me to catch all these Pokemon. I still have 80 more to go. And in four months we'll have 150 more to catch.

Lee

Those are excellent news! Like seriously! Because just when I was walking for work this morning, I passed near a gym and just look at this:

The top players on Twitch who have not been cheating are 32-33, however - you're probably right, and most players you see at that level are (at best) GPS spoofing to high density spots and (at worst) botting and outright cheating.

I wanna see the receipts for these statements (and by that I'm not talking about people extrapolating from their own playtime)

Pretty in-depth discussion going on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4w7fd1/research_level_33_is_not_obtainable_without/

The title is wrong, 33 appears to be attainable, but beyond that (like the 38 someone just mentioned) is pretty clearly impossible without cheating.

J-Fr

3,750,000 xp in 31 days, you would need to make 120,000 xp a day to get to level 33..

I barely make 10,000 xp a day playing casually, even while playing constantly it looks like very hard to get 120,000 xp a day.
I'm not answering your question, but I'm curious as to how much xp other people can gain in a day?

Attacked a gym last night with a 2400cp Dragonite defending. App glitched out for a second as soon as the battle started. First two Pokemon died instantly but the game showed that even though my 3rd Pokemon was half dead, my first one knocked out the Dragonite. Glitched out again and some Team Instinct fucker sat his pokemon on the stage. This fuckin game.

You guys think this tag team is legit?

They showed up at the gym near my house yesteday.
Those trainer names alone make this team legit

CrazE

Banned
146 CP Pikachu, bust out of 3 balls and I'm a level 15 almost 16.

It's just a bug guys, we didn't do this so people have to buy more balls. Lol.. Jesus.

J-Fr

Are you sure? I'm lv 26 and I haven't even played much and didn't spend any money.

Level 26 needs a total of 900,000 xp and level 33 needs 3,750,000, four times as much.

Edit: I'm at level 18 with 160,000 xp, the amont of xp needed for level 26 already blows my mind!

Syntsui

What about people that are lucky enough to live/work at places with Pidgey/Weedle nests + Pokéstops constantly lurable? Even with that, would it be possible to achieve level 34+?

AdanVC

It's simply impossible at least on my example to obtain that level of XP in a legit way since we are in a pretty damn small city in the middle of nowhere in Mexico. At this point I literally explored the whole city thanks to Pokémon Go playing it non-stop since July 10th and I just reached level 18 yesterday. So I can safely say that is impossible to achieve Level 33 just by wandering on this city and that guy definitely used hacks.

The top players on Twitch who have not been cheating are 32-33, however - you're probably right, and most players you see at that level are (at best) GPS spoofing to high density spots and (at worst) botting and outright cheating.

Pretty in-depth discussion going on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4w7fd1/research_level_33_is_not_obtainable_without/

The title is wrong, 33 appears to be attainable, but beyond that (like the 38 someone just mentioned) is pretty clearly impossible without cheating.

Yup. Of course it's not like every single lv 30 now right now should be banned because there's some genuine players who have achieved that level without hacks and with tons of effort. Those players will stand out once Niantic bans GPS cheaters.

You guys think this tag team is legit?

They showed up at the gym near my house yesteday.

Thos XP levels perhaps but Pokémon with more than 3k CP? Definitely not legit. This is ruining the fun : / Glad Niantic is working hard to ban this people.

Are you sure? I'm lv 26 and I haven't even played much and didn't spend any money.

If you live in a big city of course. I live in a pretty damn small city in Mexico where there's no variety of Pokémon other than Sandshrews, Pidgeys, Ratattas and Paras. When Pokévision was still active I was comparing the variety of Pokémon in big cities such as New York, San Francisco, Sydney, etc. and I was extremely jealous to see the amount and quantities of (rare) Pokémon spawning every minute in those cities.

33 isnt impossible.

If you bought lucky eggs and evolve alot you will get there in no time.

Edit: oh you talking anout the newly released countries. Maybe not then

krae_man

What about people that are lucky enough to live/work at places with Pidgey/Weedle nests + Pokéstops constantly lurable? Even with that, would it be possible to achieve level 34+?

Maybe if they buy lots of lucky eggs and have no life?

Got a Grimer in an egg today!

Almost have enough candy to get a couple of new evolutions too. I'm not even seeing stuff I don't have yet anywhere. I'm going to try walking around somewhere in town new and see if that changes anything. But can't see myself continuing to play unless I am progressing. Just catching pidgeys and Rattata's by the hundreds just for the sake of leveling is not worth it. I need to catch a new critter or two a day and/or get candy I need for new evolutions to feel like it's worth my time.

Darryl

Banned
33 isnt impossible.

If you bought lucky eggs and evolve alot you will get there in no time.

Edit: oh you talking anout the newly released countries. Maybe not then

the amount of lucky eggs you'd have to buy as shown by that reddit thread is high enough to assume 99% of people who've reached those levels aren't using lucky eggs

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
What the hell is going on with Squirtles, I'm on level 20 and amount of breakout and escape rate is ridiculous high. Getting another 24 candies to evolve Wartortle at this rate is extremely frustrating....

Level 26 needs a total of 900,000 xp and level 33 needs 3,750,000, four times as much.

What is your definition of not playing much? 26 is quite a high level to have gotten too if you have just been playing casually?

I only ask because I've been putting in quite a few hours and am 23

I wouldn't say I played casually. I read up on the game on the internet, spent entire days walking around the city, talked to people to gain knowledge about nests etc.

But most days of the week I didn't play at all.
If I had played like I did on all days and used lucky eggs all the time I could have easily gained 4-5 times as much exp.

What the hell is going on with Squirtles, I'm on level 20 and amount of breakout and escape rate is ridiculous high. Getting another 24 candies to evolve Wartortle at this rate is extremely frustrating....

Heh...I have given up on the thought of ever leveling up any of the starters to their final forms. They barely show up and when they do I deal with the same thing. I do have a Wartortle that I got lucky enough to evolve to after getting some 2k Eggs to hatch but I really really want a Ivysaur..

Toki767

I only need 2 more Squirtles...and I can't even find one unless it's by luck with no sort of tracking around.

Chaos17

Caught a magmadar higher than my lvl today with only 7 pokeball left, Iol.
I'm happy that I caught it on first try with a rhasberry of course.

Boney

Banned
Is there a limit on the amount of Pokemon that you can encounter daily? Haven't seen one in a while and starts walking in an area with two lures and no dice.

And the circle needs to be the smallest? Oh I was always aiming for same as the grey circle.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
caught nothing but crap today so instead of nothing lets do a squad post show your strongest pokemon youve caught so far these are mine

Is there a limit on the amount of Pokemon that you can encounter daily? Haven't seen one in a while and starts walking in an area with two lures and no dice.

And the circle needs to be the smallest? Oh I was always aiming for same as the grey circle.

no limit you might be having a connection error try restarting the app

Syntsui

Here is my current top 12.

And here is my current next batch of evolves I will likely do this weekend:

What's your level? That's a pretty good line up. Two days in, I still have to find a CP400+ Pokémon. I'm level 9 still and I'm stacking Pidgeys and the likes to evolve and level up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
After getting more duds from 5 km eggs today (psyduck, goldeen, among others), I finally got a (strong) Bulbasaur out of a 2km egg. Made my day, was the first decent egg after 8 sucky ones. Now hatching my 2 first 10 km eggs.

Eevee seems to be pidgey/ratatta levels of common in lots of regions, but not for me. Almost lvl 17 and still only 4 eevee's caught

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
After getting more duds from 5 km eggs today (psyduck, goldeen, among others), I finally got a (strong) Bulbasaur out of a 2km egg. Made my day, was the first decent egg after 8 sucky ones. Now hatching my 2 first 10 km eggs.

Eevee seems to be pidgey/ratatta levels of common in lots of regions, but not for me. Almost lvl 17 and still only 4 eevee's caught

yeah my eggs since the patch have been nothing but balls all shitty commons and even a pidgey from a 10k egg that was cool and as for eevees yeah they are hyper common here in southern california get one every 3 to 4 spawns

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Decided to drop by a square near my office that had some lures going on yesterday and today. I had a blast. Lots of people of all ages playing and shooting the shit about the game and Pokestops in the city, and I managed to grab a few I didn't have yet (started the day with Pokedex at 20 caught, now it's 29). Spent a little over 30 minutes roaming there then came back, but people were still at it when I left and I can see the lures from here.

Highlight was when I went to the opposite direction and one of they guys I spoke to that was in a group came back to tell me a Ryhorn had spawned. "Rhyhorn, Rhyhorn!", I had just captured it and said "Just got it!". Also cool when me and 3 other guys all stopped at the same time to grab a Ponyta.

Brazil btw, and yeah, no one was having their cellphones stolen and shit like people love to joke about. Very pleasant atmosphere, it was an area with 3 Pokestops one close to the other forming a triangle (hospital, church and square). Nice that I was able to experience the social aspect of the game, I was looking forward to it.

i4nkoXD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom