• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

You all have such strong and for me, rare Pokemon. I've hardly seen any of these in your list. I'm level 19 now and still getting rubbish, most of the time 300+ cp and best I've caught in the wild was a 600+ Jynx about 2 weeks ago

Anyway here is my list:
WfVdDwM.jpg

AdanVC

Decided to drop by a square near my office that had some lures going on yesterday and today. I had a blast. Lots of people of all ages playing and shooting the shit about the game and Pokestops in the city, and I managed to grab a few I didn't have yet (started the day with Pokedex at 20 caught, now it's 29). Spent a little over 30 minutes roaming there then came back, but people were still at it when I left and I can see the lures from here.

Highlight was when I went to the opposite direction and one of they guys I spoke to that was in a group came back to tell me a Ryhorn had spawned. "Ryhorn, Ryhorn!", I had just captured it and said "Just got it!". Also cool when me and 3 other guys all stopped at the same time to grab a Ponyta.

Brazil btw, and yeah, no one was having their cellphones stolen and shit like people love to joke about. Very pleasant atmosphere, it was an area with 3 Pokestops one close to the other forming a triangle (hospital, church and square). Nice that I was able to experience the social aspect of the game, I was looking forward to it.

i4nkoXD.png

Glad you and everyone on Brazil are enjoying the game. The social aspect is simply the best with Go and it's something I have never seen on any other game before. I've made lot's of friends thanks to this game :')

Syntsui

Decided to drop by a square near my office that had some lures going on yesterday and today. I had a blast. Lots of people of all ages playing and shooting the shit about the game and Pokestops in the city, and I managed to grab a few I didn't have yet (started the day with Pokedex at 20 caught, now it's 29). Spent a little over 30 minutes roaming there then came back, but people were still at it when I left and I can see the lures from here.

Highlight was when I went to the opposite direction and one of they guys I spoke to that was in a group came back to tell me a Ryhorn had spawned. "Ryhorn, Ryhorn!", I had just captured it and said "Just got it!". Also cool when me and 3 other guys all stopped at the same time to grab a Ponyta.

Brazil btw, and yeah, no one was having their cellphones stolen and shit like people love to joke about. Very pleasant atmosphere, it was an area with 3 Pokestops one close to the other forming a triangle (hospital, church and square). Nice that I was able to experience the social aspect of the game, I was looking forward to it.

i4nkoXD.png

Where is this? Avenida Paulista is also a great place to socialize/catch rare Pokémons, there are a lot of lures all around.

GeoGonzo

You all have such strong and for me, rare Pokemon. I've hardly seen any of these in your list. I'm level 19 now and still getting rubbish, most of the time 300+ cp and best I've caught in the wild was a 600+ Jynx about 2 weeks ago

Anyway here is my list:
WfVdDwM.jpg

Well, that always happens since each area has different pokemon. For example, I'm lvl 21 but I haven't even seen over half of the ones posted in your screenshot (for most not even their first form).

Majukun

they hould give us a way to get more stardust..100 for every pokèmon a 500 for every gym redeemed is way too low ..epecially when you live in a small town,so there aren't really that many pkmn to begin with and the gyms can't be kept for more than 20 minutes befoe someone steal them back

krae_man

Highest CP in the wild I've seen is about an 1100 Hypno but that's nothing special since live in the Drowsee capital of the world so I already had 3 in that CP range. They are decent grunts in gym battles.

Takashi

hatched two 5km eggs

almost half the list of possible 5km pokemon is stuff that I never even see on my nearby tab

I get poliwag and nidoran

:|

hemo memo

Gold Member
buy a buus ticket and do a full round redeeming the pokèstops on the way,you should go back to full in no time

Okay great idea.

At the mall and great progress so far. From 11 to 14, that's good I think. But the game draining the battery hard.

Kinokou

What I'm saying it, releasing them specifically in generation-by-generation waves doesn't necessarily seem like the way to go. It seems like the obvious choice for longtime fans, but I think there are smarter ways to do it. Like, smaller (but perhaps more frequent) blocks based on popularity, or event (film releases, game releases, and other events) and seasonal driven releases. Especially with Sun & Moon JUST around the corner, waiting to go through blocks of ~70-150 every several months doesn't seem like an ideal rollout plan. There will be a batch of newly popular Pokémon who wouldn't hit Go until like, sometime around gen 8's release. I feel maybe 20 or so specifically chosen Pokémon every month or two would be more logical and engaging than just hitting everyone with an average of over 100 new Pokémon once or twice a year.

IMO they should go all out with relasing the Alola Pokemon when we get Sun and Moon, maybe even a little batch even before Sun and Moon comes out to build some hype.

Yes, since I imagine that the daily active users has dropped considerably lately. This "bug" has been around for almost a week now. It's not new.

I'm still getting Nice, Great and Excellent bonuses registered and I do keep the that XP after logging in again so I belive them when they say it's a bug.

Jarsonot

Talking about if it's possible for these high level players to have legitimately reached their level, I've seen a lot of assumptions that they started day 1. Niantic knows when the accounts are created, making the more blatant cheaters even more obvious I would think.

After searching endlessly for a Squirtle so that I can evolve it to Warturtle, I actually got a Warturtle lol. Bummer is that he was 10 CP. I will just wait for 75 more candies to evolve it to Blastoise I guess :S

I think there's a good chance most players who are 33-34 or higher are cheating. I even saw some level 38s here today while checking out gyms. Hope something will be done about that soon.

The two Dragonites is believable. Close to where is live there was an insane Dratini nest (my friend posits they accidentally put two on top of each other), and in one night I was able to catch 36 or 37 Dratini. Now, if there wasn't a nest for that player to go to then it is highly suspect.

As for level 33, the highest I've seen is 31 and that's a guy who is temporarily in a wheelchair and does almost nothing but Pokemon Go, so I wouldn't say 33 right now is a gaurunteed cheater but it should make you skeptical.

Elfstruck

The two Dragonites is believable. Close to where is live there was an insane Dratini nest (my friend posits they accidentally put two on top of each other), and in one night I was able to catch 36 or 37 Dratini. Now, if there wasn't a nest for that player to go to then it is highly suspect.

Yep, dratini nest is fairly common. I managed to catch 10-20 every night.

jts

...hate me...
The game is just so obnoxious to play right now with the escape rate and flee rate. Cannot have a joyful walk while catching Pokémon anymore. Please fix this before I outright burn out of it.

I have bought one more bag size increase, tired of wasting items especially now that takes 3 Pokéballs and a Razz to catch a Weedle. 500 items right now.

GulAtiCa

Eevees are super common here in Roswell, GA. Fire & Electric seem to be very rare. Though, given it's summer... You'd think Fire pokemon would be more common here. lol

Growlethe, Geodude, Evee, Ekans and Sandshrew are so common here (apart from fodder like Rattata, Pidgy, Weedle, Caterpie which are common everywhere). I have 3 Arcanines lol.
Was lucky enough to catch Snorlax at a Pokestop with Lure on. Caught a Dratini too.
Still no Pikachu :'(

Oh and caught 1000+ Magmar <3
Now out of Ultra balls. Why can't we buy Ultra Balls?? Normal balls are almost useless.

Jarsonot

Growlethe, Geodude, Evee, Ekans and Sandshrew are so common here (apart from fodder like Rattata, Pidgy, Weedle, Caterpie which are common everywhere). I have 3 Arcanines lol.
Was lucky enough to catch Snorlax at a Pokestop with Lure on. Caught a Dratini too.
Still no Pikachu :'(

Oh and caught 1000+ Magmar <3
Now out of Ultra balls. Why can't we buy Ultra Balls?? Normal balls are almost useless.

I'm level 20 and haven't seen a Geodude, ekans, sandshrew, or arcanine yet. =)

Awayze

Neo Member
My highest is a Scyther 692cp, I would love to have some decent Pokémon spawn regularly near me. I've not come across any of the cool Pokemon like the ones above, even Eevee is rare.

Other than a Clefairy and Scyther, it was a garbage day. Also came across a gym filled with 3000+cp Dragonites with "Trainer" IDs of the players.

mugwhump

I heard people screaming outside my office, i ran to see WTF was going on

Best way to start the weekend

...and i just checked the IVs...sigh

Perk up, a perfect Ivysaur's stats at that CP are probably only like 3-5% better than the worst possible ivysaur.

mugwhump

IMO they should go all out with relasing the Alola Pokemon when we get Sun and Moon, maybe even a little batch even before Sun and Moon comes out to build some hype.

I agree. The alola versions of the original Gen 1 pokes would be great additions. Especially that exeggutor, lol.

Gandalf

Walking a lot of the Thames tomorrow... Due to no tracking I'll be buying incubators, and pray to the RNG gods I'll get something decent along the river, and inside the eggs. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom