• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top Pokemom are poo poo compared to most of yours :(

ydLp8sI.jpg

However, I do love my Snorlax. :)

Saw my first Tauros in a gym here in Germany today. The owner is currently level 20, I'm not sure if he is a spoofer or obtained it legit...

ciD_Vain

Have they upped the capture rate already? I literally caught 20+ Pokémon just now during a car ride with mostly my 1st pokeball and maybe three Pokémon with my 2nd pokeball.

sophora

Pretty good day, hit Trainer Lv.20 and finally unlocked the ultraballs. Hit up my local Pokestop park to restock balls and maybe score more Ultras. I hit stops at least 10-15 times and only got one Ultraball. Guess I'll have to keep holding onto them unless something rare appears. I also took on a Lv.3 Gym with 2000CP+ pokemon to see how my 1500-1000CP ones would fair. Managed to take it down and place my own 1400CP Exeggcutor.

pompidu

Thinking about going to my mom's house, borrow her dog, strap my phone on him and let him run around at the huge dog park. Got like 4 eggs to hatch and don't feel like walking.

Pachimari

So I have 45 Pokemon ready to evolve. I think I'll wait till I have gained 5000xp and upgraded to lvl 16, and meanwhile get 10-15 more Pokemon to evolve before I pop my lucky egg. I have three lucky eggs actually.

Majukun

How do IVs work? Do they determine the highest you can boost the CP?

every pkmn starts from standard stats,basically the amounts of strenght hp and stamina that EVERY pokèmon of that kind it's gonna have no matter what, then you have some bonus points,different from pkmn to pkmn,those are the IV

basically a pokmon with good Iv gets stronger of one with bad ones at the same level

Chopper

I live in a rural area, so pickings are slim for me. But I popped into McDonalds for breakfast the other morning, loaded up Go, and boom.

M5DziuB.jpg

I've never even seen a Grimer. Sweet.

Awayze

Neo Member
What is it with these pos rattatas escaping poke balls and running away. Seems I'll have to pidgey grind to get on the level of people in this thread.

Generate

Banned
What was it of? Cause it's likely the owner of those pokestops asked to remove it.

Please tell me it wasn't a cemetery. :p

It was an "upscale" retail park. An outdoor fancy mall of sorts. To be fair, a lot of people were tearing up the place despite some of our efforts to abide by the rules and clean it up.

I live in a rural area, so pickings are slim for me. But I popped into McDonalds for breakfast the other morning, loaded up Go, and boom.

~muk pic~

I've never even seen a Grimer. Sweet.
You went to mcdonalds and found a muk? I wonder if they're trying to tell you something ;D

Over these 5km eggs, Ekans, Meowth, Poliwag, Tentacool, Goldeen etc.

Just trash after trash :\

And I spent money on incubators because I'm too lazy to drive around grabbing gyms each night.

My parents and I recently got new phones, and I've started playing this in the last week finally. We've all been hooked, and it's fun seeing my parents get into it also. Sadly I don't seem to see much community around me that aren't little kids. The park down the block from me doesn't really ever have anyone playing it there, the Gamestop near me which has like 6-7 Pokestops near it never seems to have anyone gathered around, and the one day my mom and I went driving looking for stops, the only other person we saw possibly playing the game was a little kid on a skateboard :/

Not saying kids playing the game is a bad thing, let them enjoy it! Just kinda bummed there are no big groups of adults playing it too it seems.

Took this picture the other day of a Cubone getting strangled, lol.
Also, your solution doesn't solve your distance problem. I'm

It doesn't solve the long distance needed for some to get to stops, but it better rewards people who have traveled further distances with more items.

Trainer who travels about a block or less between three stops in close proximity = gets 3 items per stop, total 9.

Trainer who travels 5 or so blocks gets to single pokestop and gets 9 items total.

Feels easy to implement and the sparse area rewards those players more bountifully for more fair item distribution. I feel like this is easier for Niantic to do than breaking their brains figuring out where to force stops amongst the insurmountable volume they must be receiving for both additions and removals currently. Since the idea is tied to landmarks too, it makes it difficult to populate rural areas may just not have that many landmarks.

Rozart

It's finally released in Singapore!

There's pokestops everywhere! There's a cluster of them right next to my house-- all less than a five minutes walk from each other.

Also just caught a krabby in my toilet. Hillarious :p

Really think I'm getting close to the point where I'm most done.

I don't even bother trying to catch anything anymore, because I don't want to spend 10+ berries and balls doing it.

I've come across several monsters that are almost impossible to catch, because their knock back animations are happening so fast there's no chance to get a ball out fast enough.

I dont know if I'll ever delete the app, but the will to play is slowly dying. It's just not fun any more.

sophora

Really think I'm getting close to the point where I'm most done.

I don't even bother trying to catch anything anymore, because I don't want to spend 10+ berries and balls doing it.

I've come across several monsters that are almost impossible to catch, because their knock back animations are happening so fast there's no chance to get a ball out fast enough.

I dont know if I'll ever delete the app, but the will to play is slowly dying. It's just not fun any more.

Take a break, sounds like you're burnt out.

I've learned to expect the knockback/jump animation and wait until I see them happen then throw a ball while they're mid-animation and time it so the circle appears right before the ball hits. I'll waste one or two balls gauging distance but end up running if the 3rd or 4th ball doesn't take. Then repeat to myself that there's always more haha...

Saya

Not that I should expect it, but Niantic haven't actually fixed the "bug" with escape rates and everything yet right?

I believe they said they wanted to release the game in more regions first before fixing the other issues. I think it's almost out everywhere, except Africa? So I think we'll get the tracking and other issues fixed soon.

ghostmind

Here's my top 12.

0NRDvpn.jpg

Level 22 - I need to find some places with different Pokemon varieties, as I am mostly catching the same stuff over and over again now.

ciD_Vain

Here's my top 12.

0NRDvpn.pg

Level 22 - I need to find some places with different Pokemon varieties, as I am mostly catching the same stuff over and over again now.
I need to go where you are. I need vileplume, victreebel, hypno, and seaking still. All that I find here are growlithes and geodudes.

dity

If they'd fixed it, we'd be seeing planes spelling it out in the sky. Probably the #1 reason people are dropping it right now.

That ain't stopping those 24/7 lures I pass by on one of my walking routes. Not even spoofers, there's always groups of people there at all hours of the day. Very insane.

Inviusx

The removal of the tracker and pokevision is annoying but it's led to some surprising moments. I randomly came across and Nidoqueen last night out of the blue. If Pokevision were around I'm sure a whole group of people would have rushed there but it was just me, by myself, no one else noticed. Felt pretty good :p

sophora

The sad thing is, I don't even play enough to GET burned out.

It's just such a tedious experience now, I don't even enjoy playing what little I do. And knowing that it's going to get even worse when I hit level 20.. Bleh.

Sounds like you're not digging what is in the game currently, which is pretty much catching/gyms. Very barebones. Tedium/grind is there yeah, but that kind of goes with mobile/f2p stuff, which I'm used to mostly. Some gamers don't vibe well with that stuff and don't see the point of it eventually. Maybe when they add more things you can do it'll be a longer lasting thing but I can see where players start to drop off at around Lv.15-20.

Hatched three 5km eggs, first two were Tentacool and Venonat which I'm drowning in :(
Such a kick in the balls when incubators are so scarce.

Third was a Rhyhorn which is decent enough I guess.

Muku

I guess after the poor luck with 2km eggs, 5km eggs are still willing to provide me wonderful presents. Just hatched my first Machop out of a 5km this evening right as I was pulling up to home. Came out CP 617 which is the highest thing I've had come out of an egg so far. Trying my luck again on another 5km I hope to hatch tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom