• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
i'm surprised how well this game has managed to maintain a consistent player base here in Los Angeles

Saw more active lures and players tonight than I have in weeks

Holy crap, how can anyone hold on to a gym longer for a day, let alone an hour? I battled a gym off and on for 30 minutes while at a fast food place. The longest time one of my Pokémon stayed in the gym was 5 minutes. Blah.

GPS errors haven't been too bad for me since the first day after the update, but I still get occasional errors, especially when indoors at public places.

You went to mcdonalds and found a muk? I wonder if they're trying to tell you something ;D

On a tracker a few weeks ago, I spotted a Jynx at a trailer park. Funniest location/Pokémon combo for me found so far.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
q1Y9FaW.jpg

Toki767

I wonder if they'll end up swapping the regional pokemon like every couple months.

It would've been really cool if each region got what equated to be their own gen group though.

Nightbird

I need to go where you are. I need vileplume, victreebel, hypno, and seaking still. All that I find here are growlithes and geodudes.

Bruh, come to my Area. There are way too many Drowzees and Hypnos here. I have 5 evolved Hypnos, and enough candies to evolve another Drowzee.

Growlithes on the other hand are rare as fuck

ChrisW

Does anyone know a website where I can check how many Pokestops are in a location? I'm going to take my son out on his bike but not sure which of the three large parks to take him to

Joni

Does anyone know a website where I can check how many Pokestops are in a location? I'm going to take my son out on his bike but not sure which of the three large parks to take him to
Pokemon Go Desktop Map should still be able to do that.

zulux21

Pokemon Go Desktop Map should still be able to do that.

so it does to a degree... and I realize that I only really lost like half of my stops not 80%.

every single stop on the left side of the map is no longer there :p

it seems I still do have at least 12 gyms in the area, so if the game dies down more and I keep getting stronger maybe I can claim 10 of them eventually, it would only take like 6 hours to walk to each of them @_@

Have people been accidentally evolving their Pokemon? I hatched a 10km egg and believed that a Flareon came out of it. I looked up the rewards and apparently only unevolved Eevees come from them.

I know that I did not manually evolve it, but the Evolve button could have been somehow touched while in my pocket. Before it hatched I had about 19 Eevee Candies. I did notice that I was at 15 candies.

Since it takes 25 to evolve Eevee, that means the hatching gave me 21 candies. It has very good stats for my level (which is only 11). It has 873 CP, and knows Ember + Fire Blast. Apparently a few of my Pokemon, including the Flareon, from the top rows were powered up with Stardust while the phone was in my pocket. That hasn't happened before.

I'm still not sure if the game is actually glitchy or if the egg rewards were changed.

MANUELF

Banned
Have people been accidentally evolving their Pokemon? I hatched a 10km egg and believed that a Flareon came out of it. I looked up the rewards and apparently only unevolved Eevees come from them.

I know that I did not manually evolve it, but the Evolve button could have been somehow touched while in my pocket. Before it hatched I had about 19 Eevee Candies. I did notice that I was at 15 candies.

Since it takes 25 to evolve Eevee, that means the hatching gave me 21 candies. It has very good stats for my level (which is only 11). It has 873 CP, and knows Ember + Fire Blast. Apparently a few of my Pokemon, including the Flareon, from the top rows were powered up with Stardust while the phone was in my pocket. That hasn't happened before.

I'm still not sure if the game is actually glitchy or if the egg rewards were changed.

Your game plays itself while in your pocket

Nightbird

I found a 501 CP Dratini around lure modules yesterday.

It's gonna be a while before I can evolve that

that was my first Dratini ever

Hot damn, 80HP. It's gonna be a real meaty Machamp.

Yeah! If I can ever Evolve him, that is. I've never even SEEN a Machop spawn, and he's the only one I've gotten from over 50 5km eggs. He's a hell of a Machop, but unless something changes I won't ever get to evolve him.

I found a 501 CP Dratini around lure modules yesterday.

It's gonna be a while before I can evolve that

that was my first Dratini ever

Make sure you check the IVs! I have a 507 Dratini who's 93% perfect, but a 628 Dratini who's only at 64%. The lower CP one's definitely gonna be worth the candy in the long run more.

Razmos

I think it's pretty shocking that this game has been out this long and there have been no events or anything. Like "For one week get double stardust from all sources", "log in every day to get a free item" or something like that. That and daily challenges.

The game is seriously lacking in basic things that most mobile games have that keep people playing every day. I'm honestly losing motivation now and basically only go on it since I walk a lot and figure I might as well hatch some eggs/see what shows up

You guys seen this Pokemon theme parody by "The Midnight Beasts"?

https://youtu.be/wVoUiAo7E1M
You linked to the wrong video

Interesting new development after losing my character a couple of weeks ago (I now have two L20 characters tied to one google account, also known as fuck you Niantic); woke up this morning, and now Pokemon GO 0% shut downs my phone after 30 seconds of being on. Tried up dating phone software etc... so it's now unplayable.

I have the worst luck.

I think it's pretty shocking that this game has been out this long and there have been no events or anything. Like "For one week get double stardust from all sources", "log in every day to get a free item" or something like that. That and daily challenges.

The game hasn't been out that long, it's still being released in a number of places.

Pokemon go have been out for 8 hours here, and there are already lvl 20 trainers in the gym.
Great.

The gyms have been there the whole time. Anyone travelling to your country from somewhere the game has been released could have taken a gym days ago. It's not necessarily hackers or whatever you're implying.

Joni

The gyms have been there the whole time. Anyone travelling to your country from somewhere the game has been released could have taken a gym days ago. It's not necessarily hackers or whatever you're implying.

Unless it is one of those countries where they couldn't play because there was no map data.

pringles

Pokemon go have been out for 8 hours here, and there are already lvl 20 trainers in the gym.
Great.
It's super easy to take down gyms regardless if you do it together with 1-2 other players. And it's almost completely pointless to take down a gym by yourself. If you play mostly by yourself I'd recommend targeting getting your pokemon into gyms your chosen team has control of instead.

A friend found and caught a Dragonite while I was at work. The salt. :'(

The lack of stops and wild Pokemon in rural towns is ridiculous. The area around my gym is literally a void where no Pokémon dare tread.

Rozart

Went walking around my neighbourhood with my sister. (Spotted a lot of people walking around looking for pokemon/pokestops too which was actually pretty fun to see).

I expected to just keep running into zubats and pidgeys but there seems to be a pretty diverse set of pokemon spread around where I live.

Hatched 275 eggs so far. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Just when I thought I was done with eggs, I get a Lapras. And so I continue the crazt egg hatching journey. Walking/Rollerblading insane amounts to hatch these bastards.

Screenshot_20160806-000915_zpsxxecgb5b.png

Catching Pokemon has become pretty much impossible for me...
Unless the Pokemon has less than CP200 I probably shouldn't even try anymore.
Wasted so many berries and super/ultra balls just to chatch stuff like 450 venonat or 300 oddish and they just run away after they have eaten 3 or 4 balls and berries.
Even a CP56 weedle just ate 9 pokeballs.

At this rate I have to loot 4-5 pokestops to have the balls to try to catch one pokemon and then it likely runs anyway.

I like looking at my caught numbers, mostly to lament over Charmander, which including the one I started with, I've seen fewer of (6) than I've caught Wartortle (7), and caught the same number of wild ones (2) as I have wild Venusaurs.

Also, from earlier tonight, this would have been very frustrating if I wasn't ready to evolve Dratini later.

Majukun

did the say anything about spoofers?
i'm pretty sure i'm the only one actually walking in my town...yesterday i was right in front of a gym that was being attacked,no one in sight had his smartphone out

Nictel

It seems likely, but the idiot that wrote that has no idea what the word "confirm" means, because it's only based on sample data.

Yeah, the chances of being able to hatch foreign Pokemon and the sample data being 'unlucky' are in the range of +100 zero's behind the decimal.

Time to book some flights it seems..

Yeah, the chances of being able to hatch foreign Pokemon and the sample data being 'unlucky' are in the range of +100 zero's behind the decimal.

Time to book some flights it seems..

I'm going to the US in 2 weeks. Is there lots of free wifi or do I need to get an extra prepaid sim or how do I get internet over there?

I'm gonna be travelling Europe for 5 weeks, hope I stumble upon a Mr Mime haha.

Only ever found one Kangaskhan here since the game's been out...

Are there any hotspots in London or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom