• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Nictel

I'm going to the US in 2 weeks. Is there lots of free wifi or do I need to get an extra prepaid sim or how do I get internet over there?

I'm from Europe so I have no idea. I am going to Vietnam myself in a couple weeks. I hope I can catch at least one Farfetch'd but I still have to catch a Mr. Mime here..

It's been a few days since Niantic cracked down on bots and killed all trackers, I've noticed a distinct lack of Lv30+ players in gyms. Before the blocking they were everywhere, now I see maybe one or two when I go out.

Pachimari

Pokemon Go is now available in the Philippines!

And these other countries:
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau.

Chaos17

Pokemon Go is now available in the Philippines!

And these other countries:
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau.

Yup, it was released today in 15 countries, I'm glad the servers didn't die.

Co5UryIUsAAgLjv.jpg

https://twitter.com/sora_arupaca/status/760638653605392384

PSFan

I'm gonna be travelling Europe for 5 weeks, hope I stumble upon a Mr Mime haha.

Only ever found one Kangaskhan here since the game's been out...

Are there any hotspots in London or anything?

From what I've been reading, I recommend you focus on obtaining 10k eggs from Pokestops while there. I've read a few people that have obtained eggs while in Europe and they hatched into Mr. Mimes by the time they got back to US.

Kal

I'm on level 20 and I've only ever had one 10k egg! Is there a trick to acquiring them or am I just really unlucky? :(

L Thammy

Pretty great day yesterday. Caught a Snorlax (although less than 1000 CP), a Pikachu, and managed to evolve a Butterfree and a Gloom. Not to mention stuff I already had, like Pidgeot. I'm pretty sure the appearance of rarer Pokemon has been jacked up. Plus, I managed to hit level 20 from hitting a ton of Pokestops, so I currently have 407/350 items.

Still never got a 10k egg though.

Banzai

My last to 10km eggs had an Aerodactyl, which is cool but has Steel attacks and a Pinsir with 30 freaking candies. Wish I got that much for my Lapras or a Snorlax if I ever get one.

Both new Pokedex entries though so still pretty good.

deanote666

It's been a few days since Niantic cracked down on bots and killed all trackers, I've noticed a distinct lack of Lv30+ players in gyms. Before the blocking they were everywhere, now I see maybe one or two when I go out.

How can you see player levels in gyms? Are you going by the pokemon CP?

Majukun

cImUh3R.jpg

Buy egg lncubators, walk lots, catch lots of pokemon.

i'm walking and catching,but 100 stardust for each and every pokèmon doesn't really amount to much,especially when in a 2km walk you get like 12 pokèmon

do eggs give stardust?never noticed it

Gradivus

i'm walking and catching,but 100 stardust for each and every pokèmon doesn't really amount to much,especially when in a 2km walk you get like 12 pokèmon

do egg give stardust?never noticed it

Yeah, they do. Oh and taking over gyms helps with stardust aswell.

I've been playing Pokemon Go on and off lately but what's been killing my enthusiasm for the game is the complete lack of new Pokemon in my area. I'm basically just catching and evolving Pidgeys and Ratattas at this point because nothing else ever happens.

Maybe once the difficulty catching Pokemon bugs are fixed I'll start trying different neighborhoods around here. I do love that my coworking space usually has several Pokestops with lures all over the place, but that typically leads to a Drowzee catching marathon.

Azole

Neo Member
Bruh, come to my Area. There are way too many Drowzees and Hypnos here. I have 5 evolved Hypnos, and enough candies to evolve another Drowzee.

Growlithes on the other hand are rare as fuck

It's the opposite here... I have 6 Arcanines... Would love to have more Drowzees lol

Koren

You're just unlucky. I got one when I was level 9. You just have to keep farming Pokestops.
Got 3 10km eggs during my first 36h. Probably just luck.

I still have to figure what to do of duplicates pokemons (not only what to do of those, but actually which one I should keep)

jeffram

do eggs give stardust?never noticed it
Damn, you're lucky.

Where I live, I take my dog on 2 2km walks every day, and I've come across 2 Pokemon in the last 2 weeks.

From what I've been reading, I recommend you focus on obtaining 10k eggs from Pokestops while there. I've read a few people that have obtained eggs while in Europe and they hatched into Mr. Mimes by the time they got back to US.

I thought he came form 5K eggs, not 10K. I'm going to Europe soon and have been working on cleaning up all my eggs here so I'm empty by the time I get there.

PSFan

I thought he came form 5K eggs, not 10K. I'm going to Europe soon and have been working on cleaning up all my eggs here so I'm empty by the time I get there.

I've only seen people reporting that he hatched out of 10k eggs but the others come from 5k.

Koren

Damn, you're lucky.

Where I live, I take my dog on 2 2km walks every day, and I've come across 2 Pokemon in the last 2 weeks.
I really suspect it heavily depends on the number of people around (I catch a couple from time to time in areas with few pokestops, but downtown, I can barely walk 50 meters without the phone vibrating), but even considering that, you seem to be really unlucky. Catched 150, and I started wednesday...

robochimp

I'm on level 20 and I've only ever had one 10k egg! Is there a trick to acquiring them or am I just really unlucky? :(

I've hatched eight 10k eggs with one unhatched, I'm level 22. I've been unlucky with what has come out of them.

2 Onix
4 Evee
1 Magmar
1 Arrodactyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom