• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

I caught so many pokemon today that my storage was full. So, I think I might buy some pokecoins just to upgrade my pokemon storage. Are multiple storage upgrades possible at this point? I might upgrade my bag too so I can carry more balls.

Joni

I caught so many pokemon today that my storage was full. So, I think I might buy some pokecoins just to upgrade my pokemon storage. Are multiple storage upgrades possible at this point? I might upgrade my bag too so I can carry more balls.

The maximum is 1000, so 13 and 15 upgrades possible. I bought a first Pokémon upgrade as well, turned out to be useful today. Caught more than 90 critters, putting me over 260.

Back when Pokevision was online I spotted a porygon and missed it by about 10 seconds. No egg luck either. RNG pls give me porygon

My friend caught a Venusaur down the street from me last night, so as soon as he told me I threw on clothes and SPRINTED to where he was, close to a half mile. And I caught it! Definitely worth it; it was the hardest and furthest I've run in years.

Why aren't you just transferring them? I can't think of a good reason to have over 240 Pokémon, even if you wanted to have one of every type you'd still have about 100 slots available at the moment, which is more than enough to keep Pidgeys in if you're spamming them to level up or keeping some extra-powerful gym Pokémon or whatever. Why do you have so many?

As for items, does every upgrade cost the same amount of coins, or will the second cost more than the first, etc?

J. Bravo

Does anyone else have the issue where after my phone has been in battery saver mode for any amount of time and when I check the app sometimes it doesn't register any touches and the only solution is to close the app and reopen it?

Azole

Neo Member
Why aren't you just transferring them? I can't think of a good reason to have over 240 Pokémon, even if you wanted to have one of every type you'd still have about 100 slots available at the moment, which is more than enough to keep Pidgeys in if you're spamming them to level up or keeping some extra-powerful gym Pokémon or whatever. Why do you have so many?

As for items, does every upgrade cost the same amount of coins, or will the second cost more than the first, etc?

Every bag upgrade is the same cost for the 50 increase

Joni

I personally just didn't have time yet to transfer them so I wanted a bit of extra room.

Looks like they keep the same price.

Palocca

Does anyone else have the issue where after my phone has been in battery saver mode for any amount of time and when I check the app sometimes it doesn't register any touches and the only solution is to close the app and reopen it?

It's a known bug with battery saver mode.

AdanVC

I feel so anxious not being able to see what kind of Pokémon are near from where I am at this moment now that Pokévision is dead. I work in an area where spawn lot's of 'mon from common to rare and it was so exciting to go running after them before they dissapear. Like seriously I still can't believe the in-game tracking is absolutely useless. Even Ash on the anime series had a thumbnail showing the exact location of certain Pokémon why we can't have that?

zulux21

how do you have all that stardust?

that isn't much at all.

I'm only level 18
CpMUfy3UAAAFCbt.jpg

I haven't used a lot of stardust though, just a couple upgrades here and there to get to a better number like back at level 14 or so spending like 8k to get my vaporeon over 1k CP

Sh0k

I have a CP level 147 Magikarp and close to 400 candies to evolve it to a Gyarados. What's best, increase the power level of the Magikarp and then evolve or evolve it and upgrade the Gyarados?

Chaos17

Walked to a new pokespot that is 15 mins far away from my home, I didn't saw many players compared to other places.

CpMUL4GW8AAefdU.jpg

I like visiting new places while playing but I don't think I will go father than that, my body isn't ready, lol

zulux21

I have a CP level 147 Magikarp and close to 400 candies to evolve it to a Gyarados. What's best, increase the power level of the Magikarp and then evolve or evolve it and upgrade the Gyarados?

I don't think it matters, thus I think the best course of action is to evolve and see what moves it got and then decide if that is the gyarados you want to power up.

Joni

Just me or does the app tend to crash a lot more in the menu? Three times today, Android asked me if I wanted to close the game because it was crashing?

Azole

Neo Member
I don't think it matters, thus I think the best course of action is to evolve and see what moves it got and then decide if that is the gyarados you want to power up.

This. Get a good IV Pokemon then evolve it to see it's move. It's best to save the dust till you have a Pokemon with the moves you want... Preferably the strongest move.

Velcro Fly

283 CP Tauros appears

I throw a berry

I throw a ball

It instantly breaks out and flees :(

I did get a Krabby as a new catch though. Level 9 now!

Joni

Looks like I have 52 Pokémon ready to evolve, including 3 newcomers. That is good to pop a Lucky Egg which should hopefully get me to level 22. I think that will be my last evolution wave for a while. Finally get a Pidgeot after that, try to get a Butterfree. And meanwhile start saving up Pokéballs, train a bit in gyms and wait for them to fix stuff.

AdanVC

My main goal with this game was trying to catch them all. Not interested on fighting gyms at this momento. But I have only gotten 71 so far on my Pokedex and I have been playing nonstop since pretty much day one. Getting tired since I live in a small city and I already explored the most important spots of it to catch Pokémon. No Pokévision or any way to track new 'mon are making this task more difficult and tedious at times.

Learned a new trick today that results in about 100 evo's per lucky egg; simply quit and restart the app when the evolution animation begins. It will be registered to the servers regardless.

EDIT: A newer phone is needed for maximum speed.

Bii

Learned a new trick today that results in about 100 evo's per lucky egg; simply quit and restart the app when the evolution animation begins. It will be registered to the servers regardless.

You serious? Like when the light starts shining and stuff or as soon as you select Evolve?

You serious? Like when the light starts shining and stuff or as soon as you select Evolve?

As soon as the animation starts playing supposedly. Your phone needs to be quick enough to quit and boot up to the map in under 20 secs. I can do it in about 8 secs on my iphone 6s.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Hatched a Hitmonlee, very disappointed to see its CP-cap is super low. I guess I can still use it to clear out low-CP stuff from gyms because the moveset seems pretty killer ( Rock Smash / Stone Edge ).

I'm guessing that would require you favoriting all the Pokémon you want to evolve, since the time it would take to scroll down in the menu would negate the time you're saving.

I'm guessing that would require you favoriting all the Pokémon you want to evolve, since the time it would take to scroll down in the menu would negate the time you're saving.

I just name all pidgeys 1, ratattas 2 and weedles 3 then sort by name. They'll always be at the top. Did my first egg leveling yesterday and had about 3 mins over.

EDIT: That was waiting for the animations though, I used the pidgeycalc website. I believe it was for 60 000 exp.

Hatched my 4th 10k egg.
Mothafukn Dratini and gave me more candies to evolve into a 995 CP Dragonair. LV Calculator says minimum 2000CP and above. Holy. Shit.

Today is a good day. I've got 2 more 10k eggs in their incubators ATM. I've gotten 6 so far. 1 per week if I hatch everything else first haha

Majukun

Hatched my 4th 10k egg.
Mothafukn Dratini and gave me more candies to evolve into a 995 CP Dragonair. LV Calculator says minimum 2000CP and above. Holy. Shit.

Today is a good day. I've got 2 more 10k eggs in their incubators ATM. I've gotten 6 so far. 1 per week if I hatch everything else first haha

good luck in finding the candies though...i got a dratini with my first egg,and it's still a dragonair because where i live dratini are basically impossible to find..let alone without any tracking

Hikami

Haven't caught anything new or something stronger than my strongest in like 2 weeks now, bummer.
I've got 200 coins from claiming gyms though. Can't decide if I want to get the Item storage upgrade or the Pokemon storage upgrade.. I fill up on both pretty often.

EL CUCO

Another Incense with nothing good to show for. Walked about 3K and only spawns were pidgeys, Rats, and 1 Oddish... feels like Incense is only good for grabbing a little extra XP on fodder.

Unicorn

Another Incense with nothing good to show for. Walked about 3K and only spawns were pidgeys, Rats, and 1 Oddish... feels like Incense is only good for grabbing a little extra XP on fodder.

I had a Rapidash show up once, but it broke out and ran after 1 ball.

dity

Got some now Pokes today. Newest addition is a Tentacruel. He wants to destroy humanity.

Incense is not good. It just spawns randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom