• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awayze

Neo Member
Lures spawn poke stop specific Pokemon, two right next to each other, one gets water Pokemon and the other the common Pidgey, Rattata rubbish.
Pokemon escaping and fleeing is becoming to common, where's the fun in wasting four poke balls and razz berries on Zubats or Pidgeotto for only them to flee. Walked around a whole area trying to find Squirtle, it never showed up. Desperately need a scanner app as I don't live in a big city

Jay RaR

Went back to Santa Montica Beach this morning. Didn't see and nab as many water pokes as I'd hope, but I caught a Dratini. So I guess my trip was worth it. Shame I didn't encounter a lot of Poliwags and Magikarps.

HardRojo

According to Silph Road's rater this is a 100% Charmander. Can someone confirm please? My trainer level is 12.
WYu1gWC.jpg

First ever 10km egg was an Eevee, but the second was Kabuto. Not too bad I guess but why is Eevee even in those eggs, it's more common than most of the 5km mons.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
IV-wise this is one of my best:

I don't have much battle experience though, so would you say he's worth powering up? He'd probably be better off with poison jab instead of peck.

Trying to get a team together so I can at least check out the battle system a bit.

HardRojo

Ok, Silph Road's rater can be confusing and misleading at times. Sometimes the power up requirements are exactly the same in a different CP interval, and I don't want to check that the curve is located exactly at the same point because it can get hard. What's a better/more accurate rater?

HardRojo

I don't have much battle experience though, so would you say he's worth powering up? He'd probably be better off with poison jab instead of peck.

Trying to get a team together so I can at least check out the battle system a bit.
Which one is this calculator? It looks more accurate.

Jarsonot

Went to Madison, WI today and got a couple new ones, Ekans and Voltorb. =) Also saw a ton of Pinsir and Jigglypuff, both of which are rare around me. This gives me something to look forward to on any future otherwise boring trips =)

Chopper

Yeah, pokeadvisor is awesome.

Do sites like that use up server resources in the same way sites like pokevision allegedly do? Is there a chance that they'll be shut down too?

Svafnir

Do sites like that use up server resources in the same way sites like pokevision allegedly do? Is there a chance that they'll be shut down too?

Very little, it logs onto the game and grabs all the info then closes the connection.

There is a chance however, when they start banning that people who used pokeadvisor could be caught. I don't think they would target pokeadvisor users, but they could be caught in the crossfire for sure as it's logging into the service in a way different than the app does normally.

Chopper

Very little, it logs onto the game and grabs all the info then closes the connection.

There is a chance however, when they start banning that people who used pokeadvisor could be caught. I don't think they would target pokeadvisor users, but they could be caught in the crossfire for sure as it's logging into the service in a way different than the app does normally.
That would be fucking dogshit. If people who just want a convenient way to check their IVs get lumped in with those that exploit GPS and whatnot, fuck it all.

In the meantime, I'm still having fun. Hatched a Pinsir today, as well as catching my first Dratini, Slowpoke and Lickitung. I'm happy.

hirokazu

if i remember correctly they talked about updates every 2 weeks
They also said around Wednesday that an update would be released in the coming days that added Battery Saver back on iOS. I assumed that would be this weekend given the bugs with catching are also critical and should've been released ASAP. Weird.

It uses server resources, but comparatively much less. It only pulls your stats and Pokémon, meaning it's effectively the same as logging in with the actual app, only less because it never polls the server for any map data. The map data requests is the biggest use of resources, because that data is constantly requested every 10 seconds (previously every 5, and before that every second). I believe PokéAdvisor has a cap on the frequency you can check your stats as well, so it's further reduced.

There is of course a chance they'll shut it down (technically any 3rd party apps that access server data are breaking the TOS), but the fact that their API update only changed how map data is sent, thus only breaking mappers and scanners, indicates they likely don't care about user data being checked through third party apps, at least right now.

if i remember correctly they talked about updates every 2 weeks

Well, that's their long-term goal for content updates, not their immediate plans for any and all patches. Hotfixes and the like wouldn't be part of that schedule, and that rhythm wouldn't kick in until after the global roll-out wraps up (which they've said is the number one priority right now) and the heavy hitting issues are stamped out.

Par Score

Absolutely the worst moves a Seaking can have, and Seaking is pretty bad generally. A Seaking can be situationally useful with Megahorn and Poison Jab due to certain Type bonuses, but even then, it's a Pokemon with 0 STAB moves and middling CP growth.

(You never know when another rebalance could happen of course, but I wouldn't be throwing my stardust at him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom