• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayer

Anyone figured out the trick to Nice/Great/Excellent throws? Excellent gives a 100 exp bonus (so double exp for catching a pokemon) but whenever I've got it I can't see what I did differently. It does always trigger on a shot that gets the pokemon right on the face/head but then sometimes I'll do a similar shot and get no bonus at all.

Toki767

Anyone figured out the trick to Nice/Great/Excellent throws? Excellent gives a 100 exp bonus (so double exp for catching a pokemon) but whenever I've got it I can't see what I did differently. It does always trigger on a shot that gets the pokemon right on the face/head but then sometimes I'll do a similar shot and get no bonus at all.

It's dependent on getting the ball inside the colored circle. The smaller the colored circle, the better.

Think of it like pitching a baseball.

Gaspard

The smaller the circle (which is more centered) hit gives the better throw.

correojon

Yesterday I took the walk for a dog at 1AM and found 4 people roaming around the Pokestops next to my house. Wasn´t really expecting this as this is not a very big city.

My working office is a gym with a Pokestop right next to it, I can use both from my workplace, should be nice once I reach lvl5.

BTW, isn´t this destroying your phone´s battery? Just in 30 minute my battery went from 100% to 60% :O

I just drove 4.3 km with my bike. App was open all the time. My egg km counter states that I drove 300 m. Is it officially broken, does this happen due to server issues or is this supposedly a phone/hardware-related problem?

I wasn't that fast btw.

casiopao

Lol, Ultra Festival Europe ended yesterday with a remix of the Pokemon theme. What in the world have you done Niantic :D

Everything is Pokemon, Everything is Pokemon. Nintendo is still doomed though.^_^

Yesterday I took the walk for a dog at 1AM and found 4 people roaming around the Pokestops next to my house. Wasn´t really expecting this as this is not a very big city.

My working office is a gym with a Pokestop right next to it, I can use both from my workplace, should be nice once I reach lvl5.

BTW, isn´t this destroying your phone´s battery? Just in 30 minute my battery went from 100% to 60% :O

There is no such thing as battery for this game lol. I lost 73% of battery life over 1 hour+ time.T_T Power bank is my best friend now.^_^

I just drove 4.3 km with my bike. App was open all the time. My egg km counter states that I drove 300 m. Is it officially broken, does this happen due to server issues or is this supposedly a phone/hardware-related problem?

I wasn't that fast btw.

The app only register if your speed is around 20km/h. Any faster than that, it will only count a bit.T_T

Card Boy

Banned
"Hey guys anyone hear about this new app called Pokemon GO?"

slowtaku3.jpg

Inviusx

Had people question the region specific Pokémon again (even though I posted it as under research).

So, if anyone has seen

Tauros outside North America
Farfetch'd outside Asia
Kangaskhan outside Australasia
Mr. Mime outside Europe

Please show me. I'd rather have pictorial evidence rather than the "I think I saw one", since it seems many of those are a case of mistaken identity

Thats interesting. Im in Australia and I havent seen Kangaskhan yet but I DEFINITELY havent see the other 3. Havent seen any on gyms either. In fact last night I was wondering the fuck I havent seen either of those 4 yet.

Vuze

I wasn't that fast btw.
Mine seems to only sporadically update as well. I think most of the distance-related mechanics are kinda borked atm. Apart from the egg thing, the pokemon distance (3 footprints etc) doesn't work for me at all, it always shows 3 footprints even when one of the Pokemon from the list has just popped up nearby.

Mine seems to only sporadically update as well. I think most of the distance-related mechanics are kinda borked atm. Apart from the egg thing, the pokemon distance (3 footprints etc) doesn't work for me at all, it always shows 3 footprints even when one of the Pokemon from the list has just popped up nearby.

Strange. I can confirm the latter to be happening to me as well. I think I never saw 1-2 footprints on the radar for the last days. Although it happened a few days earlier when I installed the app.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Curious. Until yesterday, "Go wasn't available on my country", Brazil, on Google Play.
Just checked now, and the message changed to "can't be installed into my device" (although I already have the apk installed and running, just geo-blocked atm). Also, now the option to login with a PTC account is available, wasn't before too.

This could mean an imminent release for Brazil, perhaps South/Latin America?
hope so, rip servers again

Chaos17

Morning all :D
Found this udated list of Pokemon on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tbrtp/i_cleaned_up_the_cleaned_up_pokémon_egg_list/

Curious. Until yesterday, "Go wasn't available on my country", Brazil, on Google Play.
Just checked now, and the message changed to "can't be installed into my device" (although I already have the apk installed and running, just geo-blocked atm). Also, now the option to login with a PTC account is available, wasn't before too.

This could mean an imminent release for Brazil, perhaps South/Latin America?
hope so, rip servers again

Does that mean you're actualy seeing it in your play store because this happened when Canada was going to be released.
Someone spoted it on IOS but couldn't download it, yet.

hemo memo

Gold Member
"Hey guys anyone hear about this new app called Pokemon GO?"

slowtaku3.jpg

The last two articles from Kotaku about the game:

- Florida Man Fires Gun at Pokemon GO Players Parked Outside His Home
- Man Threatens Pokemon Go Players, Arrested For "Terroristic Threat"

Kaleo

Neo Member
Does that mean you're actualy seeing it in your play store because this happened when Canada was going to be released.
Someone spoted it on IOS but couldn't download it, yet.

Well, considering Niantic is just throwing fuel on the fire with more countries everyday... releasing the app on a country with 200M people and phones in 1:1 proportion seems
batshit insane
"logical" :v guess we'll know soon.

Chaos17

The last two articles from Kotaku about the game:

- Florida Man Fires Gun at Pokemon GO Players Parked Outside His Home
- Man Threatens Pokemon Go Players, Arrested For "Terroristic Threat"

This made think about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t90wp/pokemon_go_and_journalists/

Well, considering Niantic is just throwing fuel on the fire with more countries everyday... releasing the app on a country with 200M people and phones in 1:1 proportion seems
batshit insane
"logical" :v guess we'll know soon.

Welp!
People enjoy the game as much as you can because we all know how it's going to become when Niantics make a release (/●◔∀◐●)/

Foshy

Man Chansey looks so cute..... anyone here got Chansey? I still haven't seen a single one here.T_T AND i at least find Horsea already.TT
I go insanely lucky and caught one while riding the bus here in Zurich, haven't seen anyone else with one yet lol

Carbonox

Best way to use the Lucky Egg? I got my first one when leveling up to 9. I guess build up a load of easy evolution fodder, pop it and then evolve them?

sam777

Best way to use the Lucky Egg? I got my first one when leveling up to 9. I guess build up a load of easy evolution fodder, pop it and then evolve them?

Yep, this is what I am going to do once I catch a few more Pidgey's. You could also go to a lure spot at the same time to maximise it further.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Reached lvl 5. Looks like the eggs don't hatch while traveling in a car or maybe you have to go really slow I dunno?

Hoo-doo

Banned
The hospital I work at has officially put out a statement that Pokemon Go inside the hospital isn't allowed. They fear that patients and staff will face disturbances when people are roaming the wards looking for Pokemon.

I can kind of see their reasoning.

Anyone still getting the 3 paw bug? Mine is still doing it. Also does the list still work though? Like if I move closer to the pokemon it moves up on the list? Cause we're missing Pokemon cause of the bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom