• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This seems like the perfect parent/child bonding app. Especially since it promotes going outside and walking.

Unfortunately it also teaches them that everything in life is flawed.

Haha yeah so funny story...we went to the park today for a long pokewalk, and I accidentally logged out and couldn't log back in the entire time. No huge worries though :p I'm actually really excited to try out the card game with her.

Skrams

I put 2 pokemon in some occupied gyms in more rural areas at 10 PMish. Somehow they were still knocked out in 2 hours. The gyms weren't super buff or anything, but come the fuck on. I just want to see what owning one gym for a single day is like man.

Pocks

I figured Google would reveal the fact that the games code was leaked a day or so ago

If it doesn't, then click back like 4-5 pages in the OT

Did the code reveal the criteria for what movement counts toward the Jogger stat or Egg distance? It would be a huge help if you could post a link to that.

Pachimari

An example. If I have two Paras', one is 128 and the other is 38. The stronger one has two moves that deals 10 and 20, while the weaker one has moves that deals 10 and 30. Which one do you transfer, and which one do you keep?

Basically, my weaker CP Pokemon have stronger attacks.

Armadilo

Banned
Today almost.. almost claimed a gym for Instinct :(

Valor owned the gym but me and a guy from mystic started battling them and we beat them but then he claimed it. I don't have strong pokemon. The dude only had one pokemon in the gym but out of nowhere another guy from mystic comes out of the shadows and adds a vaporeon... Hope died

Being Team Instinct is hard man...

Elfstruck

An example. If I have two Paras', one is 128 and the other is 38. The stronger one has two moves that deals 10 and 20, while the weaker one has moves that deals 10 and 30. Which one do you transfer, and which one do you keep?

Basically, my weaker CP Pokemon have stronger attacks.

Doesn't matter. Skills change when they are evolved.

Valor owned the gym but me and a guy from mystic started battling them and we beat them but then he claimed it. I don't have strong pokemon. The dude only had one pokemon in the gym but out of nowhere another guy from mystic comes out of the shadows and adds a vaporeon... Hope died

The gym near my house gets so much traffic. I've taken it a few times now but it changes hands like 10 times a day lol.

Game officially launched in Canada today, but I have had it since it came out. Went out for the first time specifically for the game tonight. I was with my brother and his friend, and his friend's friend. We headed downtown and my brother was in charge of the driver's phone. Some streets had so many Pokéstops that it was really hard to get them all. Both downtown parks had tons of lures. The main park had stops located so you could be in-between 3 lures at once. The other park had 5 lures set-up but none intersecting. There were probably hundreds of people at the smaller park (12 am) all sitting down and basically camping there. Drove back to the gym near my house and there was another team in the midst of taking it! The highest Pokémon any of us had was slightly below 1000. The people in the other car made it neutral twice, but we managed to get Pokémon back in before they could. In the end, they ended up giving up despite having stronger Pokémon. We all collected our defense bonus as we weren't going to get a second gym. The reward wasn't that great, but 10 Pokécoins is better than nothing I guess. Right as we left the church a car on a side street right behind it that was waiting the entire time pulled in. I don't know if the guy managed to catch it.

To end the night, we went to a park that the one guy had his car parked at. We set up a lure twice there. A guy and his girlfriend came shortly after and hung out. Another group of 3 or so came but they mostly kept to themselves. This one Pokéstop not really visible from far away managed to get like 4 groups of people to it near 1 am at night.

I went up from level 7 to 9. I didn't get much rare stuff but I got a Rhyhorn, Cubone, Shellder, some Horseas, a Tangela, and a bunch of other common stuff. I managed to battle a Squirtle but it ran after 1 attempt.

Game is pretty fun with a group of people. I'll give it that. Everyone else in my group was even spending money on it.

My Veunsaur bringing home the bacon... he's been sitting pretty at a gym for about 23 hours now so I've cashed in on him twice. I wonder how long he will last?

Yesterday: Worst game ever. Might actually quit.

Today: CP1392 Snorlax randomly appears on the way to work and is caught. An entire weekend of frustration is forgiven.

Man o man. My city is more or less Pincir, Doduo city.T_T Soooo many Pincir and Doduo HELPPPPP.T_T

Dude ! That's awesome We get pidgeys and rattatas here. I assume it's because you live in a more.. eh, sandy place ? :p

Since grass pokemons are in grassy locals, (except bulbasaur !!!) and water pokemons are mostly near water.

Would be nice if they had local or global team stats :p

I'm not seeing anything in either and notice my egg thing has one less use. That blows even if it only was a 2k egg.

Thanks for your suggestion though .

As a side note, it's a good idea to use your unlimited incubator on the 2km eggs so that it can hatch several while the 5 or 10kms only cost you a single use.

Woohoo, got off work and two Gyms nearby had slots open, threw some of my Growlithe's in there. Doubt they'll hold for too long, but it was cool to finally get to reinforce a gym again

Oh also ONYX OUTTA NOWHERE JUST APPEARED AFTER MY 10 MINUTE BREAK, SO HAPPY

L81jEcpl.png

casiopao

Dude ! That's awesome We get pidgeys and rattatas here. I assume it's because you live in a more.. eh, sandy place ? :p

Since grass pokemons are in grassy locals, (except bulbasaur !!!) and water pokemons are mostly near water.

Would be nice if they had local or global team stats :p

........ my place is actually also filled with pidgeys, ratatas, poliwag, weedle, and caterpie lol. But nowadays, Doduo and Pincir is killing it.

My City..... is filled with river and jungle actually lol. Which is probably why many birds and bugs pooping out everywhere.

mstevens

Man, I have the worst egg luck. Only Pokemon I've gotten from 10km are Eevees and Onix and I only get Weedles, Pidgeys, Zubats and Caterpies from the others. Girlfriend was dying laughing as I had 4 2km eggs hatch back to back and all 4 were Pidgeys. I've angered some unknown Pokegod.

On a more positive note, servers have been better than they've been in days.

Man, I have the worst egg luck. Only Pokemon I've gotten from 10km are Eevees and Onix and I only get Weedles, Pidgeys, Zubats and Caterpies from the others. Girlfriend was dying laughing as I had 4 2km eggs hatch back to back and all 4 were Pidgeys. I've angered some unknown Pokegod.

Onix is decent at least, I've never seen one.

casiopao

The hell, i have never even see a single Onix here.O_O))

JoeM86

Had people question the region specific Pokémon again (even though I posted it as under research).

So, if anyone has seen

Tauros outside North America
Farfetch'd outside Asia
Kangaskhan outside Australasia
Mr. Mime outside Europe

Please show me. I'd rather have pictorial evidence rather than the "I think I saw one", since it seems many of those are a case of mistaken identity

Had people question the region specific Pokémon again (even though I posted it as under research).

So, if anyone has seen

Farfetch'd outside Asia
Mr. Mime outside Europe

Please show me. I'd rather have pictorial evidence rather than the "I think I saw one", since it seems many of those are a case of mistaken identity

Well I'm in Australia and the only one I've seen is Kangaskhan :p

Daft Punk

Banned

So, if anyone has seen

Farfetch'd outside Asia
Mr. Mime outside Europe

I don't have a picture, but a customer at work today showed me her Kangaskhan that she caught with her son. I was shocked. I live in the US btw.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

We've been on a mission in my neighbourhood since yesterday. Team Zapdos everywhere for long period of time!

CryptiK

So, if anyone has seen

Farfetch'd outside Asia
Mr. Mime outside Europe

Apparently this has been disproved on the subreddit.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
servers are absolutely fucked here in NL. whole weekend completely shite. me and the wife went for about a 5km walk to get the daughter to hopefully sleep, that failed harder than the servers.

super fun when you catch a pokemon that you haven't seen before and the game shits the bed while it's sitting the ball.

Currently hatching a 10 km egg...wonder what will come out of it....

Still salty about my wife having a psyduck while i got screwed out catching one due to server issues.....

casiopao

Currently hatching a 10 km egg...wonder what will come out of it....

Still salty about my wife having a psyduck while i got screwed out catching one due to server issues.....

Eevee incoming.^_^ Jk jk lol. Hope you get clefairy like me here. So cuteee.

It's 1 am. At a random Park in Vegas, probably 50 people here. I should be sleeping; what is everyone doing here

Incoming Vegas man taking his gun out lol.(Jk jk guys.T_T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom