• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdstorm

Banned
Two questions:
1) Can you only incubate 1 egg at a time? (Because I have two eggs and the second one doesnt respond when I press the incubator)
2) Which team is best? I like the color yellow, but valor is such a more cooler word :p

Make sure you use the spare incubators you get on the 10k eggs. Since they only have 3 uses. On 10k eggs you get 30kms out of them

JoeM86

So, someone sent me the theory that Eevee's evolutions are depending on who owns the nearest gym.

Going to have to test that

Brohan

So, someone sent me the theory that Eevee's evolutions are depending on who owns the nearest gym.

Going to have to test that

The evolutions can be controlled by giving Evee the name Sparky for Jolteon, Pyro for Flareon and Rainer for Vaporeon.

Without the use of those names I think that it's just plain old RNG.

JoeM86

The evolutions can be controlled by giving Evee the name Sparky for Jolteon, Pyro for Flareon and Rainer for Vaporeon.

Without the use of those names I think that it's just plain old RNG.

That's only for the first evo into the species though.

Here we're trying to work out the main method

Chaos17

Davey Cakes

The game dropped a Beedrill at my feet and didn't let me catch it. Froze in the battle screen and didn't regenerate when I rebooted.

Then I wasted yet ANOTHER incense because the game didn't feel like generating Pokemon near me even though there were apparently a bunch nearby.

The one time I used an incense effectively, I had a blast. The game is fun when it works. Otherwise it's starting to piss me off.

Brohan

That's only for the first evo into the species though.

Here we're trying to work out the main method

Oh sorry about that.

Well if there is another method pls let us know. :)

I think it's simply RNG though but it would be cool if there is another way.

Ydelnae

Oh my god, I randomly opened the app while walking my dog and saw someone used an item near a Pokestop and that it was full of Pokémon. By the time I went there it was all Pidgeys and a Ratatta but at least they were enough to get me to Level 4 lol

On my way home I found a Magneton and a Squirtle. I'm still pissed that I only get one or two Pokémon out of a 1 hour walk. This part of town only got three Pokéstops, it's embarrasing. I'm going to end up uninstalling the game because it's just not fun to me.

Z3M0G

All this waiting for Canadian release and my GPS is so busted on my phone it hardly locates GPS at all, and if it does it can't find my actual location. I just slide around the map. I spot random pokemon this way, so maybe it will work in my favor at times.

Time to buy a new phone.

Mafro

Had fun last night working towards my Gyarados

b89hucVl.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Game is quickly losing its appeal to me

Sick to death of it not working or seeing Pidgey, Weedle & Rattata out of 151 Pokemon.

Davey Cakes

Oh my god, I randomly opened the app while walking my dog and saw someone used an item near a Pokestop and that it was full of Pokémon. By the time I went there it was all Pidgeys and a Ratatta but at least they were enough to get me to Level 4 lol

On my way home I found a Magneton and a Squirtle. I'm still pissed that I only get one or two Pokémon out of a 1 hour walk. This part of town only got three Pokéstops, it's embarrasing. I'm going to end up uninstalling the game because it's just not fun to me.
It would be better if the game didn't completely lie about what Pokemon were around.

I "wasted" an hour yesterday walking around two nice parks that had some new silhouettes for me but nothing really appeared. Well, except for three Drowzees in one spot after I already had a Hypno and...plenty of other Drowzees. At least I hatched a Magmar from a 10km egg, and it was a good day for a stroll.

It just seems so inconsistent.

When I visited my old neighborhood last week, it was amazing. I got a Machop, Jynx, Staryu, Tentacool, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ponyta, Dragonair, and more. Saw a silhouette of a Pidgeot too. Good times. Probably won't happen again.

Chaos17

Have you tried to "hunt" outside your neighboorhood ?
I mean it's kinda normal that you might not find all (or the majority) pokemons in just in one place in general.

Finally found a Jiggly Puff..

Fed her, Stroked her nips, got circle minute, got ball bang in center..
cuddled the ball while she rolled around..

3rd wiggle, she popped out gave me the finger and fucked off...

:'(

Game is quickly losing its appeal to me

Sick to death of it not working or seeing Pidgey, Weedle & Rattata out of 151 Pokemon.

Yeah. I really hope they expand their normal pokmons soon. Bulbasaur should be in the same places as rattata, pidgeys... as should caterpie, belsprout etc etc. There are plenty of regular grass type pokemons. Don't understand why we only get 2-4.

On another note. It's ironic seeing tons of people who always posts a shit ton on facebook, quizzes posts etc etc, proclaiming that they don't play pokemon go, because THEY have a life.

Very ironic. :p

Ydelnae

Have you tried to "hunt" outside your neighboorhood ?
I mean it's kinda normal that you might not find all (or the majority) pokemons in just in one place in general.

I tried but the app crashed/the servers didn't work whenever I got the chance to go for a long walk lol I'm not complaining about not finding diverse Pokémon in my zone, but I find it weird that I'm not finding any. Yesterday I catched just 1 Pidgey and 1 Magnemite out of 3 hunt sessions (2 hours in total I guess). It's just ridiculous.

I lost a voltorb earlier due to the 3 steps bug. It seems like you can't even count on the "closest" in the near list.. Atleast earlier today. Super frustrating. Spent a good 15-20 minutes trying to find it. Was the first I'd seen too. (and First electric type i think)

TheAznOne

Man a Magmar and a Scyther both spawned. Wasn't quick enough to get them both. Decided on Scyther ??? and got a CP 637. Not bad again.

I found a Dratini spawn right by my inlaws house that spawns 3 Dratinis every hour or so

:D

Caught a 465 CP Dratini. Saving that one, turning the rest into candy. I have a 700 Dragonair and I need 12 more Dratinis for the Dragonite.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Woke up just now and checked the game. A pinsir had spawned right next to me. Ran away after the first ball. I must look scary first thing in the morning to scare a pinsir away. Kinda offended...

Lucumo

Finally found a Jiggly Puff..

Fed her, Stroked her nips, got circle minute, got ball bang in center..
cuddled the ball while she rolled around..

3rd wiggle, she popped out gave me the finger and fucked off...

:'(

Well, shouldn't have done that then. I just threw the ball and got it.

Widge

As someone who has never played Pokemon ever, is there any best practice to evolving? Do it as soon as possible or max out the CP first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom