• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
CP of pokemon depend somewhat on your trainer level. On average at lvl 21 I now find Pidgy's that are CP 540. But I also still fine 17 CP pidgy's as well. Just keep collecting pokestops and catching pokemon.

i know that, but i am talking about the three starter pokemon only. is there variation in their cp, and did i just get really unlucky with my 12cp charmander? it's practically impossible for me to boost it since i have not seen any in the wild.

I've got a 10k egg but I'm only level 7 and all of my Pokemon have low CP. Should I wait until I'm a higher level before hatching the 10k egg so that it will hatch with a decent CP or just hatch it anyway?

Pachimari

I'm gonna go check if the Pikachu is at the same spot as yesterday. I honestly don't think so, and it's a little far away. At least I'll add kilometers to my eggs.

Ambitious

To the grinder so the professor can make that one piece of candy.

Techincally you get 4 candy, three for capturing and one for transferring it. The pokemon is not sent anywhere it is basically discarded.

It's basically releasing the pokemon. You get rid of it and won't get it back.

In fiction, the Pokémon lab.

In reality: you're deleting it.

I see. Thanks.
So I guess the idea is to keep only the strongest Pokemon for each kind and discard all weaker ones for candy, then evolve it if possible, or catch more of them if I'm still missing candy and again discard all but the strongest one, until I'm finally able to evolve the remaining one?

As someone who has never played Pokemon ever, is there any best practice to evolving? Do it as soon as possible or max out the CP first?

You just use candy to evolve in this game. You get candy for each you capture of the type, and each you have that you send to the professor.

A certain amount of candy is needed to evolve.

The half circle above the pokemons represent their potential out of their max potential.
The higher your level is, the higher their possible power is (even at the same amount of potential as a previously captured of the same type)

I see. Thanks.
So I guess the idea is to keep only the strongest Pokemon for each kind and discard all weaker ones for candy, then evolve it if possible, or catch more of them if I'm still missing candy and again discard all but the strongest one, until I'm finally able to evolve the remaining one?

If you wait and evolve a bunch at once while using a lucky egg, you can level up quick and get a ton of xp

Widge

Oh right. So is it pointless doing anything to the pokemon until your trainer goes up to a decent level? Sounds like you may as well wait until the high CP ones come along.

shanafan

Only a level 6 here, so still learning the game. I have found myself transferring my lower level Pokemon dupes to the professor to get the candy to upgrade the higher level ones. Is this a good practice?

ItIsOkBro

Are there any Pokemon that have higher HP but lower CP than another?

I Just find it weird that my sort by CP and sort by HP are the same

i know that, but i am talking about the three starter pokemon only. is there variation in their cp, and did i just get really unlucky with my 12cp charmander? it's practically impossible for me to boost it since i have not seen any in the wild.
Again, the ones you pick at the start are all incredibly weak. You'd be better finding one in the wild or an egg for a higher CP: the one you start with is basically your first candy fodder for that type :p

I've got a 10k egg but I'm only level 7 and all of my Pokemon have low CP. Should I wait until I'm a higher level before hatching the 10k egg so that it will hatch with a decent CP or just hatch it anyway?
People have been saying that the CP of an egg is based on when you were given it rather than when you hatch them, so it doesn't look like it's worth holding out on it :eek:

From what i heard, the eggs "level" is comparative to the level you are when you get it. So waiting to hatch an egg probably doesn't matter (if what I heard is correct)

edit: beaten.

I can't seem to beat shit at gyms. I'm lvl 9.

It's about doing it at the right time. My strongest pokemon is less than 600 cp and I'm level 12 or 13. Still managed to capture a few gyms.

Often when people capture it, they will put a weak pokemon so they can take their strong one to another gym. That's the point where you capture !

witness

My wife is totally addicted to this game and has never played a Pokemon game before. She now wants to buy a 3DS and a few Pokemon games for it lol.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Again, the ones you pick at the start are all incredibly weak. You'd be better finding one in the wild or an egg for a higher CP: the one you start with is basically your first candy fodder for that type :p

incredibly weak, yes, but there's still a slight difference between 12 and say 50. i was wondering are starters locked at 12 or thereabout, or can you get a 50 charmander at the start like you can get a 50 rattata.

Zomba13

Are the servers better today? I'm in the UK and managed to log in no problems just now and I'm able to check a pokestop far away and it loaded the picture and everything fine, and I'm not seeing the near constant connecting/loading spinning white pokeball.

jediyoshi

incredibly weak, yes, but there's still a slight difference between 12 and say 50. i was wondering are starters locked at 12 or thereabout, or can you get a 50 charmander at the start like you can get a 50 rattata.

You're kidding, but 12 to 50 is a very slight difference. By the time you catch enough charmanders to evolve one, the last ones you'll be catching will be the ones you'll want to evolve anyway, because they'll be at a higher cp by virtue of your level being higher by then.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Are the servers better today? I'm in the UK and managed to log in no problems just now and I'm able to check a pokestop far away and it loaded the picture and everything fine, and I'm not seeing the near constant connecting/loading spinning white pokeball.

Still early to know.

Half of America still asleep.

12 PM EST aka East Coast America lunch + West Coast America is awake = First Real Crunch Time

You can throw Canada into that same timezone mix now as well.

Anyone else noticed that their Pokemon listing are often saying they have move Pokemon than they do? I just transferred a whole load of mine so that I now only have one of each Pokemon I've caught, except for Raticate, which I have two of, and my Pokedex says I've caught 47 Pokemon but I somehow have 51 in my Pokemon Box? I counted and I have 45 in there so I have no idea why it's 6 out.

shanafan

It's working fine in Michigan, USA today so far. Different users have controlled the gym at the post office near my work in the past couple hours.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
You're kidding, but 12 to 50 is a very slight difference. By the time you catch enough charmanders to evolve one, the last ones you'll be catching will be the ones you'll want to evolve anyway, because they'll be at a higher cp by virtue of your level being higher by then.

i know all that, i know the difference doesn't matter. i am simply curious are they locked at sub 20 or not. you people are answering questions i have not asked and know the answers to.

Can someone explain this ?

At higher levels the Pokemon tend to escape from the balls more often. Also, more items are added to the possible drops at PokeStops, so you get less balls and more potions and fruit. But there are also rarer Pokemon that appear at higher levels and the max CP of wild Pokemon go up as well.

Vico

Apparently France is scheduled for wednesday or thursday. Actually feel like I'm missing out on a big event. I hope it won't end too fast now...

Nephtis

used up an incense and lucky egg at the park today (lots and lots of pokestops w/ lures) and of course the fucking game crashed and I couldn't log back in until they were both long gone.

Goddamnit.

Rixa

Anyone else noticed that their Pokemon listing are often saying they have move Pokemon than they do? I just transferred a whole load of mine so that I now only have one of each Pokemon I've caught, except for Raticate, which I have two of, and my Pokedex says I've caught 47 Pokemon but I somehow have 51 in my Pokemon Box? I counted and I have 45 in there so I have no idea why it's 6 out.

Eggs are counted too.

pLow7

At higher levels the Pokemon tend to escape from the balls more often. Also, more items are added to the possible drops at PokeStops, so you get less balls and more potions and fruit. But there are also rarer Pokemon that appear at higher levels and the max CP of wild Pokemon go up as well.

Ok thx, got this. But if i can't catch em all unless i level up i don't see why i shouldn't.

Unless im getting something wrong, apart from the "tend to escape more often" there is no downside to leveling up.

Ok thx, got this. But if i can't catch em all unless i level up i don't see why i shouldn't.

Unless im getting something wrong, apart from the "tend to escape more often" there is no downside to leveling up.

Yeah, you do want to level up. I think some were just complaining that leveling up makes the game harder.

Pachimari

3 of my eggs just hatched: Meowth (I didn't have that one), Nidoran and Shellder. What the hell lol. I'm having real bad luck with the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom