• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjooh

Lol cmon they're only gen 2.

I honestly don't remember the names of the 2nd gen pokemons at all. But I can remember some of them visually, sure.

Edit: googling them all I can not remember a single one of those, and I played through Gold and Silver several times.

Piers

Up here in Greater Manchester, the variety is trash, it seems only Dratini spawns like once a day in a random place in each town.
Catching any fire Pokémon seems a super rarity in itself. Water Pokemon galore!

It's hard to really know if the game is actually spawning Pokemon types based on location or not. Los Angeles' beach is one of the only places I've seen to show solid evidence of water Pokemon appearing in water, but that's all I've seen.

Yrael

The gen 2 Australia exclusive will obviously be this:

ariados.jpg

:p

Dinjooh

I was curious how many Gen 2 pokemons I actually could remember:

cuXrJKa.jpg

Now I imagine Gen 3 will be an absolute bloodbath. Probably only the starters and the two legendaries on the boxes.

Also - Togepi is a gen 2 pokemon? What? I remember watching that one in the Anime, and i'm quite sure I didn't watch up to gen 2..

L Thammy

cuXrJKa.jpg

Now I imagine Gen 3 will be an absolute bloodbath. Probably only the starters and the two legendaries on the boxes.

Also - Togepi is a gen 2 pokemon? What? I remember watching that one in the Anime, and i'm quite sure I didn't watch up to gen 2..

The very first episode had Ho-oh.

EDIT: fuck you Benzychenz I posted first

Joni

cuXrJKa.jpg

They started showing Gen 2 Pokémon way earlier: see Ho-Oh in the pilot, Marill in the Orange Islands and Togepi since episode 50.

I honestly don't remember the names of the 2nd gen pokemons at all. But I can remember some of them visually, sure.

Edit: googling them all I can not remember a single one of those, and I played through Gold and Silver several times.

I had a flick through the full set of Pokemon and despite playing through pretty much all the games (except black and white) only a handful were familiar from each generation

I think I tended to stick to the original gen Pokemon even in later games. In Pokemon go I have no hype for gen 2 and beyond, don't get me wrong gen 2 was great but my goal is just to complete the kanto pokedex.

I do wonder if they will increase bag space when they do release the next gens of Pokemon (I hope they do)

As a side note I do plan on playing black and white 1 and 2 at some point

Kinsei

Banned

cuXrJKa.jpg

You don't remember Yanma or the Spinarak line? You're a monster.

It's hard to really know if the game is actually spawning Pokemon types based on location or not. Los Angeles' beach is one of the only places I've seen to show solid evidence of water Pokemon appearing in water, but that's all I've seen.

I live in the San Gabriel Valley in LA and there are no beaches inland, but I regularly see magikarp athe the washes adjacent to parks. like vincent lugo park in San Gabriel regularly gets water pokemon.

GulAtiCa

cuXrJKa.jpg

The anime, even from the very first episodes covered both Gen 1 & Gen 2. It's just that most of the 1st season focused on Gen 1.

Heck, the very 1st episode had the Legendary Ho-Oh from Gen 2 in it!
Edit: Beaten..

Pachimari

I never finished Season 1 as a kid but I intend on doing it now. Didn't know gen II Pokemon already showed up in the first season, other than Ho-Oh.

I'm insanely hyped for the gen II to arrive this December! But I want to catch all gen I Pokemon first. I do wonder when they'll let us catch the five legendaries/mythic ones. Gotta be sometime before December.

BowieZ

Banned
Speaking of Gen 2, I don't think anyone responded to me earlier, asking how you guys think they'll handle the candies for pre-evolutions, eg Pichu, Cleffa.

Think maybe they will just give you, for example, Pikachu candy when you catch a Pichu, and you can evolve into Pikachu using that candy?

And I assume alternate final forms (eg Slowking or Bellossum) will evolve randomly just like the first three Eeveelutions?

Geneijin

I think the biggest way to get Stardust is Pokestops. It seems like gyms are supposed to get you a lot because you get like 500 from a 1 Pokemon defender bonus. But in practice you'll never get more than a 1 Pokemon defender bonus, and that's capped to one per day, so it's not that great.
Collection is up to 10 gyms max every 21 hours. It's entirely possibly after midnight and early morning if it weren't for the botters honestly.

Speaking of Gen 2, I don't think anyone responded to me earlier, asking how you guys think they'll handle the candies for pre-evolutions, eg Pichu, Cleffa.

Think maybe they will just give you, for example, Pikachu candy when you catch a Pichu, and you can evolve into Pikachu using that candy?

Yeah seems pretty cut and dry. Pichu is a 'baby' stage Pokemon so he'll still use candy from the base stage of his line, Pikachu.

Question is will they use Togepi candy or Togetic candy? Poor Togetic is always neglected.

Pachimari

Man I really want a Porygon, so I keep hatching eggs.

I really wish we had gotten Kanghaskan or Taurus instead of Mr Mime here.

Is Togekiss a Gen IV Pokemon? I don't think I have ever paid attention to it. Nice, I really like the Togepi line.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah seems pretty cut and dry. Pichu is a 'baby' stage Pokemon so he'll still use candy from the base stage of his line, Pikachu.

Question is will they use Togepi candy or Togetic candy? Poor Togetic is always neglected.

Togepi. Despite being the poster child of baby Pokemon, Togepi is widely considered to be the first stage instead of a baby stage. I fully expect that once we get to Gen IV we'll get Riolu candies and not Lucario candies.

L Thammy

Togepi. Despite being the poster child of baby Pokemon, Togepi is widely considered to be the first stage instead of a baby stage. I fully expect that once we get to Gen IV we'll get Riolu candies and not Lucario candies.

Unlike true baby forms like Pikachu and Elekid, Togepi was revealed in the same gen as its evolved forms.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]

I ran more then 8 blocks for this guy, almost reach a dead spot on T-mobile network....got him, CP311..LOL. I'm on level21. at least it fills my Pokedex spot....

BowieZ

Banned
Unlike true baby forms like Pikachu and Elekid, Togepi was revealed in the same gen as its evolved forms.
Indeed, and besides they can't introduce Togepi and Togetic in December and have the candy be Togetic, cos that will confuse pretty much everyone who isn't a hardcore Mon player, I suppose.

HardRojo

They can just patch the candies to be named after the earliest stage Pokémon and be done with it without much trouble nor double the effort.

I think it was on Twitter where I read that someone suggested Niantic roll out gen 2 by having eggs randomly hatching into Togepis. It would be pretty cool.

Masked Man

I said wow
Man I really want a Porygon, so I keep hatching eggs.

I really wish we had gotten Kanghaskan or Taurus instead of Mr Mime here.

Is Togekiss a Gen IV Pokemon? I don't think I have ever paid attention to it. Nice, I really like the Togepi line.

Any word on when Niantic plans to implement trading? I've got an extra Portgon if you could spare me a Mr. Mime!

Syntsui

So I just found this guy at the beach a little while ago. I knew he was special when I got him but is this for real?
I'm level 22. He has 599 CP and 59 HP.

Pray to Helix he won't get Twister when he becomes a Dragonite.

Any word on when Niantic plans to implement trading? I've got an extra Portgon if you could spare me a Mr. Mime!

They will make sure there are no hacks before implementing that I'd guess.

cuXrJKa.jpg

Is there a quiz for this or did you just darken ones you don't remember?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So I just found this guy at the beach a little while ago. I knew he was special when I got him but is this for real?
I'm level 22. He has 599 CP and 59 HP.

n_PVq_Tu5.png
Make sure that the CP slider on the site is aligning exactly with the mon's CP arc.

I had a Staryu today that was also indicating 100% on all IVs, but it turned out I had to push the slider slightly to the right to get the right numbers. I even did a quick overlay on photoshop to confirm.

When it was actually:

rc213

Not sure how Niantic keeps out doing themselves. No progress on my eggs whatsoever on my commute to work. Got about 3 Speed warnings though...

Also everything is breaking out of every pokeball...

I'm going to take a break cause this some...

Not sure how Niantic keeps out doing themselves. No progress on my eggs whatsoever on my commute to work. Got about 3 Speed warnings though...

The egg progress really gets under my skin. On one hand it's got me out walking a lot more, on the other I get really annoyed when a egg is stuck at 1.9 or 4.9 etc etc for a LONG time. Especially when it happens in the middle of my walk, those are steps that could be going towards the next one.

Fucking Jynx man

Theres got to be a glitch or something on my end. Four 10km eggs in a row all of them were Jynx.

Haven't seen a Jynx in the wild or in eggs in my 3 weeks of playing lol....all my 10ks have been damn Eevees, and for someone who is collecting more than gym fighting that is really really annoying.

rc213

The egg progress really gets under my skin. On one hand it's got me out walking a lot more, on the other I get really annoyed when a egg is stuck at 1.9 or 4.9 etc etc for a LONG time. Especially when it happens in the middle of my walk, those are steps that could be going towards the next one.

Haven't seen a Jynx in the wild or in eggs in my 3 weeks of playing lol....all my 10ks have been damn Eevees, and for someone who is collecting more than gym fighting that is really really annoying.

Yes i got that a lot before the tracking started bugging out. Annoying

Best part was that all the Speed Warnings were with the bus at a red light dead stop. Lol

I was under the impression that it doesn't count egg distance if you're going above a certain speed, so unless you're sitting in traffic driving won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom