• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
Not sure how Niantic keeps out doing themselves. No progress on my eggs whatsoever on my commute to work. Got about 3 Speed warnings though...

Also everything is breaking out of every pokeball...

I'm going to take a break cause this some...

Were you driving to work...?

It's hard to really know if the game is actually spawning Pokemon types based on location or not. Los Angeles' beach is one of the only places I've seen to show solid evidence of water Pokemon appearing in water, but that's all I've seen.

I'm currently in Seattle right now and I can confirm that you definitely get more water Pokemon by the water.

rc213

I was under the impression that it doesn't count egg distance if you're going above a certain speed, so unless you're sitting in traffic driving won't help.

Bus is dead slow, It's been working fine up until the last 2-3 updates where they removed the nearby. It also doesn't register my walking and pops up the Speed Warning constantly.

I thought maybe it didn't like the GPS on my phone Nexus 6P, Tried on Axon 7 same just with more jumpiness of avatar.

adamy

Banned
Not sure why but Pokemon have never been easier to catch for me

Haven't had to use anything other than regular pokeballs and a berry here and there...even for +1k cp Pokemon

Bag has been pretty much constantly full for past few days

image.png

krae_man

Haven't had a chance to try the new tracker yet but I have seen a couple silhouettes since so hopefully I can use it to find new critters.

Got a Scyther in a 10k egg today too!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday I got the last Staryu I needed to evolve into Starmie ( Near-perfect IV / Water Gun / Hydro Pump ), got a high-CP Magmar and Jynx from eggs and hatched a Mankey allowing me to evolve into Primeape ( Which I named Optimus, because Optimus Prime-ape ).

Today I got two Eevee from 10km eggs and that got me enough candy to evolve three, giving me two Vaporeon ( four total now, two with Hydro Pump, two with Aqua Tail ) and a Flareon.

All is going well. ^w^

Qwark

Fucking Jynx man

Theres got to be a glitch or something on my end. Four 10km eggs in a row all of them were Jynx.

I don't think it's a glitch, it's just a poor random algorithm. You see the same thing in Spotify for example, shuffle a playlist and you'll soon see a patterns emerge even though it should be random. True randomness is tough to get right. Four in a row is pretty crazy bad luck though.

Cudder

Sooo this happened yesterday..

Checked the IV's and apparently it isn't a very good Blastoise. But it supposedly has the best attacks that a Blastoise can have. Am I honestly just supposed to just forget about leveling it up?

Guardian

Banned

Checked the IV's and apparently it isn't a very good Blastoise. But it supposedly has the best attacks that a Blastoise can have. Am I honestly just supposed to just forget about leveling it up?
That's like CP 1200 at most if you level it up. I think.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fucking Jynx man

Theres got to be a glitch or something on my end. Four 10km eggs in a row all of them were Jynx.

Aah that sucks, I feel your pain. My most popular egg Pokémon has to be Ponyta, got 3 (or maybe even 4) out of 5 km eggs.

Mine today were 10 km (Omanyte!) and 3x 5km (nidoran male, bellsprout, another Ponyta). 10km's have been new entries for me, 5km continue to disappoint.

Jealous! Hope I can find one as well someday :3

Cudder

That's like CP 1200 at most if you level it up. I think.

At most? What? You mean it has a definite CP limit? I thought CP limits were determined by trainer level (I'm 21 right now).

Edit: Oh sorry, you mean based on how many Squirtle candies I have right now, right?

Awayze

Neo Member
Dratini spawns frequently in Manchester city centre, all though at opposite sides each time, missed 5 but eventually got a low cp one.

Also got my first Tentacruel but it has a -2 attack/defense IV......lol. Thought it'd be decent as it has hydro pump. I also have not had a 10km egg, currently level 16.

CrazE

Banned
Sucks the GPS stuff seems so off now. I mean worse than ever for walking and hatching eggs. I walked a mile.... only counted .6 of a mile. It asked if I was driving twice on that mile walk. Lol... man. Oh well. Maybe it's my GPS... never had a problem until that latest patch though.

Sucks the GPS stuff seems so off now. I mean worse than ever for walking and hatching eggs. I walked a mile.... only counted .6 of a mile. It asked if I was driving twice on that mile walk. Lol... man. Oh well. Maybe it's my GPS... never had a problem until that latest patch though.

Really? I thought it was better! I haven't been measuring my walks in other ways, but it seems to update quicker at least.

Guardian

Banned
At most? What? You mean it has a definite CP limit? I thought CP limits were determined by trainer level (I'm 21 right now).

Edit: Oh sorry, you mean based on how many Squirtle candies I have right now, right?
Yeah im just guessing by how many candies you have. I caught a high level Wartortle at like 989. But it has shit CP. I found a Squirtle with 100% IV. So I'm going to stick with that one first.

Pachimari

Yes I noticed this too, that the GPS is way off many times. It literally took me across the waters far away when I were in the metro, which it hadn't done before. Sometimes it's slow to update your location too. I'm on a LG G3 when I'm out.

Although I'm gonna mass evolve with a lucky egg now that I'm on my iPad Pro for no lag. Excited to see how many levels I'll lvl up.

KevinRo

This game really is difficult for suburban players. What the game is becoming is me, in the morning, restocking my eggs around a place with a bunch of pokestops and in the afternoon just try to hatch eggs.

GulAtiCa

So I just tried calculating how much I have spent on Pokemon Go so far, and it seems I have spent $55.

I spent $50 so far.

I also installed Google Opinion Rewards recently too. I made $0.93 so far, going to be using this toward the game too. Hopefully a nice steady supply of Egg Incubators.

Qwark

He means every Pokemon selectable as a starter (Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur) that he's caught in the wild.

Ohh, duh, that makes much more sense. I have definitely not had that problem. Granted, I've only caught like 5 starters, but none of them have had 0 attack IV.

Just used my lure for the first time at work as I'm walking around the track here in the fitness center. Half and hour yielded 3 Pidgeys, 2 Spearow, 3 caterpies, 3 weedle, 2 Ratatatta and a venonat that ran off.

Never using this garbage mechanic again.

I got a Scyther early on at another local stop nearby. Guess that was all of my luck for this game.

Par Score

Thanks.

A lot of my highest cp pokemon have Confusion :(

Having a good Quick move doesn't matter nearly as much as a good Charge move since the update.

And Confusion is by far the best Psychic defense move, since defenders attack at set intervals, not as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom