• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazE

Banned
A buddy and I were taking down a gym together (go team instinct!) and I noticed I could see the guy he was using in the background.

Now does that mean we're both taking damage off the pokemon in the gym we're battling? Or... If I make a move and just for shits and giggles say it takes off 100 HP's or something... Does he now see the foe we're fighting dip down 100 points?

Or are we not tag teaming and it just depends on who hits who first and doesn't even matter. But I know for sure we could see each others pokemon in the background while taking on the gym at the same time.

Screenshot_20160810-095958_zpsix1g7ohx.png

My current egg hatched. My 10K list so far:

5 Scythers
1 pinser
6 jynx
2 eevee
1 lapras
1 Aerodactyle
1 Dratini
3 Onyx
1 magmar
1 Hitmonlee

L Thammy

A buddy and I were taking down a gym together (go team instinct!) and I noticed I could see the guy he was using in the background.

Now does that mean we're both taking damage off the pokemon in the gym we're battling? Or... If I make a move and just for shits and giggles say it takes off 100 HP's or something... Does he now see the foe we're fighting dip down 100 points?

Or are we not tag teaming and it just depends on who hits who first and doesn't even matter. But I know for sure we could see each others pokemon in the background while taking on the gym at the same time.

Nope, you can team up. It's pretty fun. I've even seen a gang of like five people who go take down gyms together. One of them puts a CP 25 Rattata in.

pringles

Just got my 6th Magmar from 10k eggs. Bloody hell. That's almost 50% of my 10k's. None of them even has his best moves.

1 Omanyte
1 Eevee
1 Jynx
1 Scyther
1 Chansey
1 Aerodactyl
1 Dratini
1 Pinsir
6 Magmar

L Thammy

Niantic really need to fix the gym's camera, because it's really annoying trying to dodge attacks while my Pokemon is offscreen for half the battle.

I also think it's really weird that the game puts some kind of effort into keeping track of my Pokemon's wins when they're defending a gym, but I can't check it unless I'm still at the gym. Isn't the whole point that I leave my Pokemon there an go somewhere else? Wouldn't it make more sense if I could see how they were doing instead of someone else who probably doesn't care getting to see what their record is?

10k so far:

NONE

And I'm level 18 and I haven't gotten a single 10k egg so far. Whyyyy?? :'(

Same, but at level 20.

Just used my lure for the first time at work as I'm walking around the track here in the fitness center. Half and hour yielded 3 Pidgeys, 2 Spearow, 3 caterpies, 3 weedle, 2 Ratatatta and a venonat that ran off.

Never using this garbage mechanic again.

I got a Scyther early on at another local stop nearby. Guess that was all of my luck for this game.
Lure are garbage. Not once has a super rare Pokemon like Snorlax ever spawns which I've gotten using incense once. Lure are only useful for spawning low tier common to "maybe" 1 or 2 uncommon Pokemon like a graveler and that's it.

L Thammy

Lure are garbage. Not once has a super rare Pokemon like Snorlax ever spawns which I've gotten using incense once. Lure are only useful for spawning low tier common to "maybe" 1 or 2 uncommon Pokemon like a graveler and that's it.

Disagree. The first time I used a lure I got several new species from it. I've never gotten a rare Pokemon from incense. I think there's a lot of luck in play with in both cases.

Pineconn

4 Onix
1 Chansey
2 Jinx
3 Electabuzz
2 Magmar
2 Pinsir
3 Eevee
1 Omanyte
1 Kabuto
3 Snorlax
4 Dratini

I haven't hatched the Hitmons, Scyther, Lapras, or Aerodactyl, but I've caught them in the wild.

Pachimari

I just used a lucky egg. And in 25 minutes I evolved 60 Pokemon. 10 of them were new to my Pokedex. And leveled up from 17 to 20. You can basically do 70 evolutions in 30 minutes.

Tomorrow I'm betting on doing 8 evolutions that are not yet registered in my Pokedex.

GulAtiCa

Both Lure & Incense are completely random. (Probably more of a chance of common Pokemon I assume)

It's just that Incense has a better chance of spawning more Pokemon if you are jogging/running, as it spawns more pokemon more often, instead of just every 5 minutes.

Never had much luck with Lures yet, but Incenses have been pretty good for me. I use them on my Runs. Even if I get nothing from them, at least I still hatched a few eggs/etc, which would never happen with a Lure (unless just walked in a small circle)

My 10km eggs so far:

1 Snorlax
1 Hitmonchan
1 Eevee

I have only ever had 3 10km eggs until like 3 days ago. All 3 I got within 30 mins of each other lol.

I am almost level 21.

jts

...hate me...
Honestly don't know why I caught a Hypno and a Haunter today (both new to my Pokedex) when I'm near to be able to evolve to both, and been waiting to use a lucky egg :|

Dumb.

krae_man

Honestly don't know why I caught a Hypno and a Haunter today (both new to my Pokedex) when I'm near to be able to evolve to both, and been waiting to use a lucky egg :|

Dumb.

Well you need a Haunter to evolve into a Genger. So nothing wrong with that.

Can't help you with Hypno, I live in Drowzee city so Hypno's are common as fuck. They are XP filler here.

Cudder

It's just that Incense has a better chance of spawning more Pokemon if you are jogging/running, as it spawns more pokemon more often, instead of just every 5 minutes.

Is this actually the case? I feel like you run into more pokemon anyway when youre on the move, so people assume it's because of the Incense, but really, you're just running into pokemon that are out in the wild combined with the Incense pokemon, making it seem like the Incense is putting in extra work.

Pachimari

How do I check how many eggs, and which Pokemon I got from them? The journal?

Dumb.
Yeah, I caught a Kingler but then got an error, so it didn't appear in my Pokedex. After a while I realized that was good luck, as I had a Krabby ready to evolve into a Kingler with my lucky egg. Phew.

Jay RaR

10k eggs so far:

1 Jynx
1 Aerodactyl
1 Magmar (caught before I hatched)
1 Hitmonlee (just today! So glad I didn't hunt for it yesterday)

So far so good!

The other day when I hit level 20 I did a mass Lucky Egg/Evolving Spree. Jumped to 21 pretty quickly, got a ton of stuff for the Pokedex (over 100 then, 107 currently) and waiting for a bit to do it again.

GulAtiCa

Is this actually the case? I feel like you run into more pokemon anyway when youre on the move, so people assume it's because of the Incense, but really, you're just running into pokemon that are out in the wild combined with the Incense pokemon, making it seem like the Incense is putting in extra work.

Pokemon spawned by Incense have the pink circle around them. So you can tell. I once had 3 Pokemon spawn every 2 minutes.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Finally caught a Dragonite at long last. I think the game is dying down in my area. Even though it was right in the center of campus, there didn't seem to be anybody in the vicinity of the Dragonite who seemed excited or who looked like an obvious player. I was hoping to celebrate with nearby people but it felt like I scored a hole in one with nobody around me to see it =/

Micapo

Hatched 2 10km eggs so far and I'm trainer lvl 20 atm.
Mr. Mime and an Onix... Both with horrible CP. I guess that means I'm gonna get a perfect Snorlax next time!

Disagree. The first time I used a lure I got several new species from it. I've never gotten a rare Pokemon from incense. I think there's a lot of luck in play with in both cases.
With Lure I believe it has to do with your location and Pokemon that normally spawns there bcuz many not just myself but a group of 3 or more of my friend's have used up a lure at different locations being in town or outside of it and not once have we gotten a new species or super rare Pokemon. Eventually we gave up using them bcuz it's not worth spending 100 tokens when you get better results with incense that cost less.

If there was a way of force spawning a new species and or a rare maybe super rare Pokemon using both Lures and Incenses then it's worth doing... But I have had no luck doing it twice and also using Lures multiples times with no real luck. I have noticed that once I've hit lvl 20 my incense results have changed with more uncommon to a rare or greater has spawned which is pretty cool.

Dedede

Neo Member
Level 15 currently. Out of 30 eggs hatched, 3 were 10km for me. Got the first two very early on.

1 Hitmonlee
1 Electabuzz
1 Pinsir

Have a fourth now at 9/10km completion.

Majukun

was lick and hyperbeam the sweet moveset for snorlax?
just captured a 1135 one with those 2 moves..IV is only 77% though

zroid

Banned
Its stupid hot outside, but I saw a Snorlax on my radar, so I had no choice...

and I actually found it! and caught it with my first Ultra Ball too. :D

Chinner

Banned
My 2k egg luck has finally delivered after much bitching. It's taken ages to get something good, but finally...

image.jpg

Gonna take awhile to get to 125 to do a full evolution, but this guy is a great contender.

Oxn

If you are evolving a pokemon. Does the unevolved pokemon's IV count for anything in the evolution?

I evolved some high IV pokemons, but they came out pretty meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom