• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are evolving a pokemon. Does the unevolved pokemon's IV count for anything in the evolution?

I evolved some high IV pokemons, but they came out pretty meh.

It shouldn't effect anything. I don't know what you mean by meh, I'm assuming move set? IVs should stay the same. Move set is just random period.

DrkSage

There's a guy in the gym near me house with a kangaskhan, like how df... How lucky do you have to be to get one of those from an egg

Gandalf

Sorry if it's been answered recently, what are best scanning apps on Android, or websites? I like the pokemonnearby.io one, but is there one that checks an area, similar to Pokevision?

Just left the office, loaded the game while on wifi, saw stuff on the map. Switched to cellular data, none of the stops would respond. Now, I can't get anything on the map to load at all--no pokestops, no pokemon I the sightings pane, nothing but an empty map. I can still see the shop and load my journal fine, and logging in seems to work, so I'm clueless.

What the hell, game?

Anyone else find themselves launching the pokeballs insanely far now? To the point that it's just a spec in the background.. Didn't notice this until the recent patch.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Has Rainer been nerfed?
What are you referring to specifically? Naming your Eevee to ensure it evolves into what you want only works once for each and has always only worked once for each for all I know ( despite some people claiming otherwise ). If you're talking about if they nerfed Vaporeon, then yes; almost two weeks ago now when they changed around a lot of stats on various moves. Vaporeon is still one of the top-tier POKéMON, its fast attack was simply brought down a fair bit to fall in line better with all of the other moves.

zroid

Banned
Got a 85% Pinsir from a 10km egg... eh I didn't have one yet so I'll take it. Got 25 candies too, so not bad.

vice grip though, eugh

Two Pinsir's in a row have me soured on 10k eggs since they're so plentiful where I am. I've been lucky enough to get 5 10k eggs so far, but the results have been lackluster with a Hitmonchan, Eevee, Hitmonchan, Pinsir, and Pinsir coming out of them.

Just hatched another 10k and its my 3rd Hitmonchan. Not sure what I'll need all this candy for since Hitmonchan isn't too great. If I get another 10k soon I think I'll just wait a while to hatch it...

GulAtiCa

This hatched from a 10k egg! Awesome. Wow, it is 97.8% IV too! (14/15/15)
Cph5pR0WcAECdK0.jpg:large

Also, found a Vulpix (1st one), Squirtle, Pinsar on my way home from work. Thank god for heavy traffic. I stopped into a few neighborhoods and got lucky.

L.O.R.D

dam it,i only need Lapras and Hitmonlee and some some evolved Pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar to complete my pokedex.
i hatched all exclusive Pokemon from the 10km eggs.

Joco

There's a guy in the gym near me house with a kangaskhan, like how df... How lucky do you have to be to get one of those from an egg

Unless you're from Australia I'd say it's a GPS spoofer. As it's supposedly impossible to hatch the region-exclusive Pokemon from eggs unless it's the one belonging to your region.

So last night I was leaving my local pier when a friend texts me that Chancey is at the end. I run down there and it popped. To my chagrin it was CP 27.

I really think they should put a minimum CP for Pokemon. It sucks to be 25 and encounter my first Chancey only for it to be ludicrously low.

Just left the office, loaded the game while on wifi, saw stuff on the map. Switched to cellular data, none of the stops would respond. Now, I can't get anything on the map to load at all--no pokestops, no pokemon I the sightings pane, nothing but an empty map. I can still see the shop and load my journal fine, and logging in seems to work, so I'm clueless.

What the hell, game?

Allegedly if you interact with something while the game thinks you are going "too fast" it puts a short term hold on anything which expires after 5 minutes or something. Perhaps going from wifi to cellular glitches the GPS positioning so it trips that check.

jts

...hate me...
Unless you're from Australia I'd say it's a GPS spoofer. As it's supposedly impossible to hatch the region-exclusive Pokemon from eggs unless it's the one belonging to your region.
There's always the possibility of actual traveling or "sharing" accounts so to say, I reckon.

My only 10k egg so far (and I've been playing since launch...) gave me an Eevee. I already had all three Eeveelutions at the time and I don't care about IVs/stats/battling or Gyms in general. My egg luck has been out-of-this-world bad.

I did get a Tangela from a 5k egg and I've only ever seen one wild one (and it was way after I hatched that egg), so that was nice. I think the only other decent egg hatches I've gotten are Omanyte and Bellsprout, but only because I still need candies for their respective evolutions. :/

My Pokédex is sitting at 108 (110 once I do my next mass evolution spree) and I'm definitely hitting a wall in terms of progress. There's just very, very little diversity around where I live (Koreatown, Los Angeles) - all we have are endless Sandshrew, Growlithe, Machop, Rhyhorn, Geodude, Ponyta, and Pinsir, with the occasional evolution(s) of those Pokémon and the odd Rattata, Pidgey, Exeggcute, Charmander, or Spearow. The only reason my Dex is as filled out as it is is because the game came out right before my busiest travel month of the year, so I got to catch Pokémon in a lot of places I don't normally go.

That said, I did get a surprise Aerodactyl from a random lure while I was out walking last week, so that was a sweet surprise.

Allegedly if you interact with something while the game thinks you are going "too fast" it puts a short term hold on anything which expires after 5 minutes or something. Perhaps going from wifi to cellular glitches the GPS positioning so it trips that check.

I've traveled on highways before and never experienced softbans like this, so I don't think it's that. Turns out there have been a bunch of IP bans lately, and someone suggested switching airplane mode on and off again to get a new IP from my cell provider. Sure enough, next time I logged in I could see stops and pokemon again.

Dishwalla

Banned
Squirtle is the biggest asshole in the game, they are the ones that bust out of Poke balls the most and run off. Had one tonight that wasted like 20 balls before it finally bailed on me. Fuck you Squirtle.

PSFan

dam it,i only need Lapras and Hitmonlee and some some evolved Pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar to complete my pokedex.
i hatched all exclusive Pokemon from the 10km eggs.

Wait, what? You hatched Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, etc. from 10k eggs? So it is possible?

Apparently, L.O.R.D just said he hatched the exclusives from 10k eggs, so it might be possible after all, and just super, super rare.

I've seen 0 compelling evidence of people legitimately hatching region exclusives, and with the sheer volume of people playing and the number of verified egg hatches, it would have to be so rare as to functionally be statistically impossible.

Do Ultra balls only come from rank up rewards? I never get any from Pokestops :(

They do come from stops, but I'm like 95% sure they've been made significantly rarer than they used to be. I almost never get them anymore, and I've been struggling to get into the double digits. And that's with me spending a few hours hitting up stops at my university, which has literally hundreds of stops. Great Balls and berries seem less common too... My Great Ball to Poké Ball ratio used to be like, 4:5, now it's like 1:5.

hirokazu

I've traveled on highways before and never experienced softbans like this, so I don't think it's that. Turns out there have been a bunch of IP bans lately, and someone suggested switching airplane mode on and off again to get a new IP from my cell provider. Sure enough, next time I logged in I could see stops and pokemon again.
I've definitely gotten "softbans" on the train. I think softban is a bad term for it, but hey, that's what everybody is calling it.

Is there anywhere where this is corroborated, or just that single person who claimed they got temporarily IP banned?

Lexxism

Is Flareon the best eevee evolution? Whenever I do the calculation for eevee's IV, Flareon always showing the best stats among the 3.

Is Flareon the best eevee evolution? Whenever I do the calculation for eevee's IV, Flareon always showing the best stats among the 3.

I'd still say Vaporeon is the better evolution. It just has so much more HP than the other evolutions, and even after the water gun nerf it can still output a good amount of damage.

Lexxism

I'd still say Vaporeon is the better evolution. It just has so much more HP than the other evolutions, and even after the water gun nerf it can still output a good amount of damage.
Yeah, it looks Vaporeon is still the best option. How the attack of evolution base? Is it random? I remember getting an evolved vaporeon with shit special attack.

Blizzard

Banned
Well this is weird, my phone was loading Grimer just fine till yesterday, but today it keeps crashing.
I had a cursed one (or maybe it was a cursed Shellder from an egg). I couldn't open any of 3 adjacent pokemon without the entire game freezing partway through the info screen animation.

Dropping one of them in a gym fixed all 3 so I could transfer them later.

I'm kind of surprised no one is reporting problems. It seemed to be down all afternoon on the east coast for Cricket wireless, but fine for T-Mobile. Maps were 100% blank unless you used wifi or had T-Mobile (or other carriers?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom