• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

I had a cursed one (or maybe it was a cursed Shellder from an egg). I couldn't open any of 3 adjacent pokemon without the entire game freezing partway through the info screen animation.

Dropping one of them in a gym fixed all 3 so I could transfer them later.

I'm kind of surprised no one is reporting problems. It seemed to be down all afternoon on the east coast for Cricket wireless, but fine for T-Mobile. Maps were 100% blank unless you used wifi or had T-Mobile (or other carriers?).
The game is completely unplayable on unstable connections, the map won't load shit and Pokémon will keep appearing and disappearing, this as of the latest update. I just came to a town today where my connection is always wonky, and I can't play for shit outside, only when on wifi. I've been to this town before with the previous version and it was a lot better (not as good as back in the city) than it is now, luckily I'm leaving in just a couple of days.

Nice try, Instink.

There's no road to this dilapidated water tower, so you must've gone into the brush to get to it.

I found your gatorade bottles, labels still colorful and unfaded. Tracked your cigarette butts, discarded in a hurry. Now your gym is mine.

I am the highest team Mystic in town, where almost everyone else is Instinct, and their reign ends this day. *-*

Blizzard

Banned
The game is completely unplayable on unstable connections, the map won't load shit and Pokémon will keep appearing and disappearing, this as of the latest update. I just came to a town today where my connection is always wonky, and I can't play for shit outside, only when on wifi. I've been to this town before with the previous version and it was a lot better (not as good as back in the city) than it is now, luckily I'm leaving in just a couple of days.
It looks like it's happening to people all over now:
http://venturebeat.com/2016/08/10/pokemon-go-down-for-some-map-shows-no-pokestops-or-gyms/

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=pokemon no pokestops&src=typd

Also check the graph at http://downdetector.com/status/pokemon-go

MANUELF

Banned
Couldnt play today at all everytime I was on 3g there would be no pokemon sightings and I couldnt spin the pokestops, also my distance walked wouldnt count for my eggs even though my character was moving correctly on the map

Is there a bug that's keeping the app from logging the distance I walk?

I walked and drove at 10 mph for 20 miles total and none of it counted towards my eggs. I was very upset when I realized I wasted my time and gas for no reason.

PMS341

Well this is weird, my phone was loading Grimer just fine till yesterday, but today it keeps crashing.

This has happened to me since launch sadly. Apparently affects a multitude of Android phones. I reported it, but I suggest doing so as well just in case!

HardRojo

Oh, well then it seems like they tweaked something and it broke something else. I'm gonna go with this new mechanic of updating every 10 secs. The update has been out for a couple of days now right? When did these problems start? Today?

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, well then it seems like they tweaked something and it broke something else. I'm gonna go with this new mechanic of updating every 10 secs. The update has been out for a couple of days now right? When did these problems start? Today?
It was fine after the update, just started this evening for us.

Yrael

I've had problems with an "Error" message that pops up on the screen occasionally when I click on a Pokemon. It then disappears. It happened with a Charmeleon, which I was a bit miffed about - thankfully though after logging out and back in again it reappeared.

zulux21

*go out for a walk 2 hours ago*

bleh all of the gyms in the area are either my color and high level so a pain to level to get in or a level 6 red gym with pokemon all equal to or higher than my highest.

*checks now*

I hate you -_-

all the blue gyms are now yellow and easy to take over and the red gym is now blue with a single pokemon in it.

I could take all 3 with ease now but I am not gonna go out at 11pm just for some gyms.

BowieZ

Banned

I walked and drove at 10 mph for 20 miles total and none of it counted towards my eggs. I was very upset when I realized I wasted my time and gas for no reason.
I don't really have sympathy for driving not counting toward egg hatching...

BowieZ

Banned
Does anyone else pronounce Blastoise as "Blastus"? I refuse to pronounce it "Blast-oyz" because nobody pronounces a tortoise as "tort-oyz".

pringles

Pokedex at 124 caught now. Should be able to get to 140 or so with evolutions eventually, even if Bulbasaur, Charmander, Pikachu, Doduo and Grimer are extremely rare around here so it's slow going.

Need to find a Mr Mime.. that bastard has been mocking my pokedex for weeks. Was unable to catch him a few days after release and never seen another one.

Cynn

*go out for a walk 2 hours ago*

bleh all of the gyms in the area are either my color and high level so a pain to level to get in or a level 6 red gym with pokemon all equal to or higher than my highest.

*checks now*

I hate you -_-

all the blue gyms are now yellow and easy to take over and the red gym is now blue with a single pokemon in it.

I could take all 3 with ease now but I am not gonna go out at 11pm just for some gyms.

One of the first things we learn when joining Instinct is mid-week, all nighter club crawls. Spark is very serious about this. WE OWN THE NIGHT!

lol

Does anyone else pronounce Blastoise as "Blastus"? I refuse to pronounce it "Blast-oyz" because nobody pronounces a tortoise as "tort-oyz".

No.

Succesful Pokemon hunting today. 2 new additions to the dex thanks to evolutions with Ninetails and Dugtrio. Went from 30 Vulpix candy to 58 today thanks to catching one then hatching two right after lol.
Squirtle and Oddish are both over 100 candy too (need 125).
Also caught another 2 Dratini putting me at 76/125 candy.

Then for my good catches! Found a 1258 CP Scyther with 75% IVs (14/11/9), my only other one up until now was 144 CP, and my second Lapras too! 728 CP compared to my other 576 CP. IVs for the new one are shit. Old one is on 95% but it's going to take way too much candy to level it up, so I'm still stuck waiting to hatch a good one really haha.

So yeah, I'm happy.

At 114 in the pokedex now, including second stage Pokemon I'm holding off on I'm at 119 (Wartortle, Nidorino, Machoke, Graveler, Haunter).

Oh yeah and after evolving to a Gyarados with a shitty moveset yesterday I'm back at 119 Magikarp candy lol. They're everywhere at the waterfront here.

HardRojo

It was fine after the update, just started this evening for us.
Hopefully it's something they can fix promptly, I'm gonna hate heading out tomorrow and not being able to catch shit. Earlier today a Bulbasaur popped up in my Sightings but I couldn't do crap because it the whole list kept appearing and disappearing, and sometimes Pokémon wouldn't pop up despise me arriving to a lured stop.

Anyone willing to drive around to hatch eggs probably could use the exercise from walking.

Oh man Dugtrio is terrible.

Evolved my 86% IV Diglett with the CP bar about 95% full (trainer level 22) and it only got to 650 CP :lol
I'm holding out hope that someday more weight is given to speed. Alakazam, Gengar, Starmie, Dugtrio and the like are severely handicapped by the current system.

Pachimari

My bag does magic. Look at the amount of items compared to how much I should be able to carry. I must have taped some of the items around my bag or something.

PNiU2Xq.jpg

ciD_Vain

My bag does magic. Look at the amount of items compared to how much I should be able to carry. I must have taped some of the items around my bag or something.
Did you recently level up? The game will allow you to exceed your limit with items you obtain from leveling up.

ChrisW

The pokemonnearby.io site is giving me really strange results, showing me pokemon that are a 49 minute car journey away and 1hr and 20 min train rides...

BowieZ

Banned
I'm sick of gym battles where the competing Pokemon will NOT FUCKING DIE for like 20 seconds sitting on 0.01% health.

Also, dodging is still completely unreliable for me. I anticipate when a special move is coming before it even happens and yet still no matter how much swiping left or right it does nothing.

Did Niantic add another "bug" that made pokemon even harder to catch tonight? I swear tonight they were just jumping and attacking like crazy. Not to mention breaking free more often. So damn frustrating.

SuomiDude

You should be upset for driving to begin with. I mean what the hell, you take a drive and drive at a slow speed just to get the eggs to hatch easier? And even if by walking you didn't get any distance for the eggs, it's definately not wasted time. People should walk more anyway. Some people...

Pachimari

How do I calculate my IV's? Now that I'm lvl 20 I want to get into it. The pogobank website never loads for me, is there another way?

I want to be sure I'm evolving the right Eevee.

You should be upset for driving to begin with. I mean what the hell, you take a drive and drive at a slow speed just to get the eggs to hatch easier? And even if by walking you didn't get any distance for the eggs, it's definately not wasted time. People should walk more anyway. Some people...

I really dont get it why people drive around to hatch eggs...lazyness is strong...

"But ehhh its raining..." Its just a game, if you dont hatch the egg today you will hatch it tomorrow, Jesus...

For sure, sometimes I got the app running in my car in slow traffic or a traffic jam but I would never go outside, sit in my car, and drive slowly on purpose just to hatch an egg...

Getting good progress on most of the evolutions I still need, can see the dex completion approaching.

Oddish: 105/125
Squirtle: 103/125
Dratini: 76/125
Bellsprout: 67/125
Nidoran F: 60/125
Nidoran M: 55/125
Gastly: 50/125
Geodude: 49/125
Machop: 29/125
Charmander: 14/125
Ponyta: 42/50
Jigglypuff: 35/50
Cubone: 27/50
Pikachu: 23/50
Drowzee: 15/50
Clefairy: 11/50
Grimer: 11/50
Omanyte: 3/50
Kabuto: 0/50

Oddish and Squirtle I should have fully evolved in a day or two, with Dratini and Bellsprout not long after that. Nidoran's are fairly rare here, I've gotten one of each from eggs which bumped them up a little, but they could take a while.
Gastly I'm slowly making progress on, never hatched one, feels like they're more common after the latest update.
Geodude and Machop are almost non-existent where I live. Thankfully Geodude is in 2km eggs so I've hatched a couple of them, and I hatched a Machop today as well.
Charmander just doesn't exist and I've never hatched a single starter.
Ponyta I'm just about to evolve, but my best one is only 55% IVs so I might have to hold off (hopefully I'll hatch one soon).
Everything else I need from the 2-stage lines are super rare. Jigglypuff, Cubone and Pikachu appear now and then, and I'll get those evolved eventually.
Drowzee/Clefairy/Grimer are again, super rare, and could take a very long time unless I get lucky with eggs.
Then the two fossils. Fuck them. Unless they hatch from 10km eggs there's no way I'm evolving those in this lifetime.

Still need Snorlax, Chansey, Aerodactyl, Porygon and Jynx too, as well as Farfetch'd/Mr Mime/Tauros. That's all luck though so whatever, it'll happen when it happens.

Good news is, I'm leaving on Monday for a 5 week trip around Europe. Obviously Pokemon isn't the reason I'm going, but it isn't hard to just keep the app open as I wander around.
Drowzee I'll evolve pretty much as soon as I land in London lol, and Jynx shouldn't be a problem to find.
I'm sure as I travel around different cities some other stuff like Clefairy, Geodude and Machop will be common, and I might come across nests for Pikachu and Charmander among others.
So yeah, hoping once I head back to Australia I've knocked out most of the list, and fingers cross I come across a Mr Mime.

Sorry for the massive post :p

dity

I really dont get it why people drive around to hatch eggs...lazyness is strong...

"But ehhh its raining..." Its just a game, if you dont hatch the egg today you will hatch it tomorrow, Jesus...

For sure, sometimes I got the app running in my car in slow traffic or a traffic jam but I would never go outside, sit in my car, and drive slowly on purpose just to hatch an egg...
dat petrol money being wasted on just hatching eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom