• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

I came back from holiday in Barcelona and when I opened Pokemon Go I just got sad :( it's insane how much of a difference there can be in variety between cities :(

pringles

Also, dodging is still completely unreliable for me. I anticipate when a special move is coming before it even happens and yet still no matter how much swiping left or right it does nothing.
It's all about timing. Some special moves need to be dodged right when the text appears, others you need to chill for a second or two before you dodge. I've found it pretty reliable when you get the timing down.

I really dont get it why people drive around to hatch eggs...lazyness is strong...

"But ehhh its raining..." Its just a game, if you dont hatch the egg today you will hatch it tomorrow, Jesus...

For sure, sometimes I got the app running in my car in slow traffic or a traffic jam but I would never go outside, sit in my car, and drive slowly on purpose just to hatch an egg...
Not like driving is any good for hatching eggs anyway. However the "it's just a game, play tomorrow" argument is pretty lame on a gaming message board tbh.

Pineconn

All I need (besides region-exclusives and legendaries) are Dugtrio, Tangela, Omastar, and Kabutops. A small part of me wants to book a flight to LA (Santa Monica Pier) for the latter two.

It's also obnoxious that I haven't hatched a single Tangela.

It's all about timing. Some special moves need to be dodged right when the text appears, others you need to chill for a second or two before you dodge. I've found it pretty reliable when you get the timing down.

Not like driving is any good for hatching eggs anyway. However the "it's just a game, play tomorrow" argument is pretty lame on a gaming message board tbh.

Rereading what I typed now, you are right, its just a game play tomorrow sounds like something my mother said when i was young...now I feel old...but Im only 27! Im still young right? :(

All I need (besides region-exclusives and legendaries) are Dugtrio, Tangela, Omastar, and Kabutops. A small part of me wants to book a flight to LA (Santa Monica Pier) for the latter two.

It's also obnoxious that I haven't hatched a single Tangela.
Yeah I'm really thankful I had a Tangela nest at a local park (which has since changed to Rhyhorn), because outside of that spot I have never seen a single one.

jariw

I came back from holiday in Barcelona and when I opened Pokemon Go I just got sad :( it's insane how much of a difference there can be in variety between cities :(

When I made a trip to another city, I got lots of other types of Pokemons. But some of the common Pokemons for my city were hardly present there at all. I think it's a good thing that different areas need to be visited for every type of Pokemon.

why is onix so terrible? hatched him out of a 10k egg and at level 21 he has a good chunk of his bar full and hes only at like 400 cp with 45 hp. Did someone get onix mixed up with a ratatta?

Saw a Grimer on my nearby as I left my parents house so went and tracked it down and...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE ON THIS QUIET LITTLE STREET IN THE SUBURBS

3mepsin.png

BowieZ

Banned
Really sick of the first ball launching out of orbit "bug". Just lost a great dratini cos my subsequent ultra ball was not able to be razzed.

Really sick of the first ball launching out of orbit "bug". Just lost a great dratini cos my subsequent ultra ball was not able to be razzed.

What do you mean "was not able to be razzed"? I thought if you use a berry its "in action" until you hit the mon with a ball...

Got to the office this morning, check phone....Bulbasaur was around :eek:

Instantly looked like a fool while I wandered all around the building, got him though.

Saw a Grimer on my nearby as I left my parents house so went and tracked it down and...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE ON THIS QUIET LITTLE STREET IN THE SUBURBS
Lol, something similar happened to me. There is pretty much no Pokemon anywhere in my neighborhood, but I went to the grocery store and there were about 8 of them just sitting outside. There isn't even a PokeStop there.

L.O.R.D

Wait, what? You hatched Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, etc. from 10k eggs? So it is possible?

Apparently, L.O.R.D just said he hatched the exclusives from 10k eggs, so it might be possible after all, and just super, super rare.
Yes,you can hatch them,i have 2 Mr mime.

Pachimari

Man, my casual cousins have stopped playing the game because their friends are using bots and can get their trainers to lvl 20 in 1 hour. It destroys the game and makes it boring for them they say. I think almost everyone I know have quit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Working next to a Zubat nest...

FQjE8mF.gif

Sucks when the most common Pokemon you see everyday doesn't evolve with 25 candies. It will take me weeks before I can do the lucky egg thing (only have 4 Pidgey, 8 Caterpie, 9 Weedle, never see a Rattata, etc). And I wasted some Zubats on my first week too since I wasn't aware of the lucky egg.

Ephidel

I'm wondering if anyone can help.

Since I updated the app yesterday morning, no matter where I go, no matter what I do, this is what I'm greeted with unless I'm at home:

I turned on my phone's internet and loaded up the app yesterday when I left work because there are some pokestops nearby and I was going to walk home. Now it did actually register where I was then, but when I left work and walked to the pokestops it wouldn't register that I was moving.
I reloaded a few times, but had no luck.
Eventually I walked home anyway, reloading the app several times, but my entire journey home, about ~40 minute walk, it wouldn't register me as being anywhere except that vast green space when it said I had no GPS signal, or back at work even though I was no longer anywhere close (it even let me catch a pokemon that was there, because I tried it just to see)

The only time it actually updated to say I'd moved to another recognised location was when I got home and connected to my home wifi.

Last night I tried to walk up to the shops where there's a pokestop and a gym but it did it again. My phone's internet was on, I could load webpages, but it just wouldn't track me.
I walked up to the shop anyway hoping it would register once I got there, but nothing. Reloaded a few times, but it just threw me into the green expanse until I gave up and went home.

I had a look at my phone a little while ago, and apparently there was a wartortle and a bellsprout nearby, neither of which I have. As I'm at home right now I cheated and looked at the nearby site to see which direction to head to give me a fighting chance. It doesn't show the bellsprout, but it lists the Wartortle as being SW. That's enough for me, I know which direction to head, so I go out.

As soon as I reach the road, I lose GPS signal again.

I walk a little way hoping it will come back... but no.
I keep going anyway, reloading the app a few times with my fingers crossed... but no, no matter what I do I it just loses all track of me.
I give up in frustration and head to the shops before coming home, and give it another try when I reach the shops to see if I have a chance to pick up some pokeballs or something, but nope.

It's frustrating.

The app is effectively dead for me right now unless I'm sitting at home, which is rubbish.

Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

So with level 20 being the soft cap does it mean that I'll be able to catch just as powerful pokemons as someone with level 20-30?

Nah it's more of a soft cap in the fact that it takes more and more xp to get trainer levels starting at 20.
A level 30 trainer can still level up their Pokemon a lot higher than a level 20 trainer.

Pachimari

Guess the grind game really begins now that I'm lvl 20. What is the easiest way to gain xp? Just doing the whole lucky egg thing again?

Joni

FQjE8mF.gif

Sucks when the most common Pokemon you see everyday doesn't evolve with 25 candies. It will take me weeks before I can do the lucky egg thing (only have 4 Pidgey, 8 Caterpie, 9 Weedle, never see a Rattata, etc). And I wasted some Zubats on my first week too since I wasn't aware of the lucky egg.

That is crazy. I wouldn't want to catch so many of them.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, I finally got a Lapras from an egg. ^w^

Also found a Vulpix in the wild, which I had only seen once before.

POKéMON lines I have not seen or hatched yet;

Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard
Clefairy - Clefable
Growlithe - Arcanine ( which is odd, because I often see Arcanine in a couple of gyms, yet nobody can tell me where to get them )
Machop - Machoke - Machamp
Ponyta - Rapidash
Grimer - Muk
Onyx
Hitmonchan
Rhyhorn - Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Scyther
Porygon
Omanyte - Omastar
Kabuto - Kabutops

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That is crazy. I wouldn't want to catch so many of them.
I contemplate ignoring them, but I don't really have a choice if I want to at least keep chipping away at the XP since I'm having a hard time amassing any of the cheap evolution Pokemon. The variety where I live is decent if I go out of my way for a bit, but my normal day-to-day is filled with the fuckers.

Syntsui

Damn, you have that many accounts?

My starter squirtle has like 60% IIRC, not great, but not 0 either.

When I talk about starter, I'm talking about Bulbasaur/Charmander /Squirtle. They can be caught in the wild and you know it.

The problem is, they are all bugged with 0 Attack IVs, except the ones hatched from eggs and the one you choose at the beginning.

FQjE8mF.gif

Are you Zubatman?

zubatman__by_nscmseiyaryu-d65zu03.jpg

Finally hatched a Squirtle, was worried since my best was only about 60% IVs, this one is at 82% (10/14/13) which is still not amazing, but it might have to do.
Need to catch 4 more to hit 125 candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom