• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kwqTtVX.jpg

UcmNoWE.jpg

So this is the current situation. Note the CP and the arcs. What the hell does it all mean? Which one do I evolve?!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So this is the current situation. Note the CP and the arcs. What the hell does it all mean? Which one do I evolve?!
Top one is lower level ( smaller arc ) but has more HP and better CP, so it has better IVs / stats than the one on the bottom. Evolve the top one.

Almost got 60 evolutions ready, just need one more Ekans and one more Venonat, then I'll have 7 new entries in my Pokedex, bringing me to 99 entries. And i'll hit level 24, woohoo!

Yrael

The position on the arc indicates how much more you can power up the Pokemon at your current level. Notice how there's more space in the arc of the top Goldeen, yet its combat power (CP) and HP are still higher than the Goldeen below it? That means it has better stats, and will have a higher potential maximum CP (ie. when you've powered the Pokemon up until the arc can't be filled anymore). So the top Goldeen is the better choice.

Verifying this with the IV (stat) calculator:

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

The top Goldeen has an IV ranging from 55.6% perfect to 84.4% perfect. The bottom Goldeen has an IV ranging from 28.9% perfect to 44.4% perfect.

BowieZ

Banned
How do you pronounce "Charizard"?
Point taken but from now on I'm saying Cha-RIZZ-id.

No qualms.

What do you mean "was not able to be razzed"? I thought if you use a berry its "in action" until you hit the mon with a ball...

Yeah that's right

yeah razz works for every ball you throw until the pokemon gets in one....if it breaks free, razz resets and you gotta feed em another
Really? I thought it applied only to your next THROW, not catch attempt... the challenge being if you use a razz berry you don't want to miss the immediate next toss.

Either way razz berries have become completely pointless and seldom work for me. Unless 8 attempts or more, if I'm lucky enough it doesn't run away, counts as "working".

Oxx

Caught a couple of Dragonairs in Starbucks. I didn't even realise it wasn't a Dratini at first. I should be ashamed.

Rozart

Okay, so I've got one of each of the eeveelutions by doing that name trick. This afternoon though I decided to evolve another one of my eevees into a Jolteon by naming it Sparky but it somehow evolved into Flareon instead.

Is there any sure way of choosing your eeveelution or is it going to be randomly decided from here on out?

Pachimari

Okay, so I've got one of each of the eeveelutions by doing that name trick. This afternoon though I decided to evolve another one of my eevees into a Jolteon by naming it Sparky but it somehow evolved into Flareon instead.

Is there any sure way of choosing your eeveelution or is it going to be randomly decided from here on out?
It only works one time each. So now it'll be randomized for you.

GulAtiCa

There was a Kangaskhan at a Gym on my way to work.. Has it been confirmed or refuted that you can hatch exclusive Pokemon from other regions yet?

hirokazu

When I talk about starter, I'm talking about Bulbasaur/Charmander /Squirtle. They can be caught in the wild and you know it.

The problem is, they are all bugged with 0 Attack IVs, except the ones hatched from eggs and the one you choose at the beginning.

Has anyone actually notified Niantic of the bug, or is everyone afraid because we're not supposed to talk about IVs? The game is pretty freaking broken with this bug.

Syntsui

Has anyone actually notified Niantic of the bug, or is everyone afraid because we're not supposed to talk about IVs? The game is pretty freaking broken with this bug.

Do they even acknowledge IVs existence? I'm pretty sure Reddit guys already informed them, but I'm afraid this is something most of the people don't even care so it won't be a priority at all.

BowieZ

Banned
Fuck fuck fuck I casually lobbed a basic Poké ball at a Magikarp, without really paying attention, and then realised it was over 200CP.

And of course, it runs away immediately :..(

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
It is supposed to work as long as you do the set in the same order.
It works only once or either is very finnicky ( as in; you will need to use the trick always, and forever in the same same order and if you break it by doing a regular Eevee it breaks the chain forever ). My results;

Rainer > Vaporeon
Pyro > Flareon
Sparky > Jolteon
Rainer > Vaporeon
Eevee > Vaporeon
Pyro > Vaporeon
Eevee > Flareon

hirokazu

Do they even acknowledge IVs existence? I'm pretty sure Reddit guys already informed them, but I'm afraid this is something most of the people don't even care so it won't be a priority at all.

If it were up to me, I'd put that up as priority number one to fix. Maybe if enough people whined about it like happened with the Nearby, LOL.

Rozart

Already broke my eeveelution chain then.

I did:

Eevee > Vaporeon
Pyro > Flareon
Sparky > Jolteon
Rainer > Vaporeon
Sparky > Flareon

Pretty sure my house is some sort of eevee nest so I've set up a lil eevee farm for myself. I just want another Jolteon. Hoping I get one on my next attempt.

adamy

Banned
Already broke my eeveelution chain then.

I did:

Eevee > Vaporeon
Pyro > Flareon
Sparky > Jolteon
Rainer > Vaporeon
Sparky > Flareon

Pretty sure my house is some sort of eevee nest so I've set up a lil eevee farm for myself. I just want another Jolteon. Hoping I get one on my next attempt.

SoCal is one giant eevee nest

BowieZ

Banned
Evolution advice! Which should I evolve?

The Dragonair (which I caught in the wild) seems to have a better special move, but the Dratini is nearly "perfect"...?

(I'm 8 Dratinis from being able to evolve the former, but I'm happy to wait to get the requisite 12 to evolve the latter.)

Evolution advice! Which should I evolve?

rxMBImv.jpg

or

SsoXPt3.jpg

The Dragonair (which I caught in the wild) seems to have a better special move, but the Dratini is nearly "perfect"...?

Pretty sure both specials will change when it evolves anyway so I'd lean towards the higher IV one

KevinG

Yay, I finally got a Lapras from an egg. ^w^

Also found a Vulpix in the wild, which I had only seen once before.

POKéMON lines I have not seen or hatched yet;

Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard
Clefairy - Clefable
Growlithe - Arcanine ( which is odd, because I often see Arcanine in a couple of gyms, yet nobody can tell me where to get them )
Machop - Machoke - Machamp
Ponyta - Rapidash
Grimer - Muk
Onyx
Hitmonchan
Rhyhorn - Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Scyther
Porygon
Omanyte - Omastar
Kabuto - Kabutops

I have yet to hatch something I don't already have.

Got my 3rd Scyther from my only 10k egg.
I have a Grimer, a Rhyhorn, and found a Growlithe last week. I've seen a shadow of a few others, but never been able to find them.

Also, all Dratinis elude me.

Syntsui

Guys, I can't prove this but I'm pretty sure every Magikarp nest spawns a Dratini sometimes. I'm getting them quite regularly while farming for a Gyarados.

There was a Kangaskhan at a Gym on my way to work.. Has it been confirmed or refuted that you can hatch exclusive Pokemon from other regions yet?

No, I really don't think you can. I've hatched close to 500 eggs, and two of my friends have hatched a little over 500 themselves. None of us ever hatched a region locked Pokemon.

13925250_10155110118763989_1031742663580342814_n.jpg

Another friend of mine hatched far less and claimed to have hatched the region locked. After poking and prodding him for details he finally remembered he let a friend in Japan use his account , ect. Long story short everyone who claims you can get region locked from eggs has a bad memory or whatever.

rc213

Anyone know of any Magikarp spawns in the valley (SoCal/LA county)?

Any area with a body of water maybe? I know Santa Monica Pier has everything in bunches and I've been to the La Brea Tar Pits Charmander nest that i know of.

Crap, Hatched a Dratini and accidentally powered it up once, Go to check and it's got nice IV but now I've only got 24/25 candy lol Derp.

adamy

Banned
Any area with a body of water maybe? I know Santa Monica Pier has everything in bunches and I've been to the La Brea Tar Pits Charmander nest that i know of.

Crap, Hatched a Dratini and accidentally powered it up once, Go to check and it's got nice IV but now I've only got 24/25 candy lol Derp.

I fixed my post but yeah I meant nests

I catch them by the LA river now and then but it's still a slow process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom