• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
I still don't understand why gyms kick me out after it says "GO". So fucking annoying when you're trying to do a gym crawl and you have to sit around waiting hoping it works soon, while you dread others taking over your gyms that did work.

What's the more accurate IV rater, Poke Assistant or Silph Road? I'm getting conflicting results for my (apparently mediocre) Dragonite.
I'd argue pokeassistant as the silph road one relies on you getting the arc amount correct or it'll spit out incorrect results.

edit:
I still don't understand why gyms kick me out after it says "GO". So fucking annoying when you're trying to do a gym crawl and you have to sit around waiting hoping it works soon, while you dread others taking over your gyms that did work.
Sounds like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4x5uvh/bug_when_someone_is_attacking_a_gym_deploy_a/

hirokazu

The game was released two weeks before that, lol. (Approximately.)

It's definitely possible that the nests will change every three/four weeks or every month. Who knows.
The game's been out for five weeks yesterday... so we'd be talking about a week after release. I doubt they rotated the nests then. Monthly rotations sound more right then, if rotations are gonna be on a regular basis and not whenever they feel like it.

That usually happens if the GPS strays too far from the gym before battle starts, or there's a connection issue, or you were booted from a battle at that gym for those reasons, or if others were/are battling the gym and the state of the gym has changed in that time.

I finally got to this gym and I got it down to 1000pts about to take it over

every time I try to fight it now it fucking errors out and just kicks me out of the gym screen.

what the fuck

anyone run into this? solutions? I tried rebooting the app and it does the same thing

HardRojo

These stats are fucking stupid. Is this Arcanine made out of paper or what? Look at its weight lol.

JQ62Rjo.jpg

hirokazu

I finally got to this gym and I got it down to 1000pts about to take it over

every time I try to fight it now it fucking errors out and just kicks me out of the gym screen.

what the fuck

anyone run into this? solutions? I tried rebooting the app and it does the same thing
Likely thinks you're still battling it. You need to wait for the previous battle to time out. Give it five minutes.

Growlie19

Went on a short walk to get out of my hot house and hatch eggs. Got a Rattata, a second Voltorb, and my first Onix out of it, so I can't complain. I also found a wild Growlithe on the way, so I'm only ten candies away from an Arcanine!

Went on a short walk to get out of my hot house and hatch eggs. Got a Rattata, a second Voltorb, and my first Onix out of it, so I can't complain. I also found a wild Growlithe on the way, so I'm only ten candies away from an Arcanine!

Nice!

I found a Grimer and Dodrio today, hatched an Electabuzz yesterday, and then mass evolved for almost 80k exp an hour ago.

Only 100k more to 24!

*sob*

Also the highest level instinct player in my town nearing level 30 is a cop.

mugwhump

Had my first success using the new tracker. Saw an electabuzz in sightings and headed out to start the triangulation process. Luckily I ran into it without having to backtrack.

SuomiDude

I had the same problem two days ago for the first time. I've read that if you log out and log in again (simply starting the app again doesn't fix it), it should work again, but I simply waited for the next day (it was late evening) and it worked again.

udivision

These stats are fucking stupid. Is this Arcanine made out of paper or what? Look at its weight lol.

I don't get it it.

The equation for the height and weight should just have a +10% and -10% range from the original dex values. That way you don't get anything too crazy, and it's based on the original Pokedex values.

How do you screw that up?

Azole

Neo Member
Yeeeeessss, I finally got a 10 km egg!

Please be something good, please be something good, please be something good...

From lv 1-19, I got 7 10km eggs. Lv20-25, I got 5 10km eggs. While they were incubated, I got more 10 km eggs. Half way to lv 26, I already got 5 10km eggs... Please do not let it be more eevees or onixs!!!!

zulux21

From my understanding Eevee is the worst from a 10k.

oynx is the worst I think you can do, but most of the 10k tier is worse than eevee when it comes to CP and battling.

the only reason people hate getting eevee is because eevee isn't super rare in most areas so people can just catch them instead.

two of the three eevee evolutions are in the top 20 in power though. (vaporeon is top 5 I think and flareon is near the bottom of the top 20 if I recall right.)

Azole

Neo Member
From my understanding Eevee is the worst from a 10k.

Having receive multiple eevees from 10km eggs early on was helpful in it that it gave a lot of candies and usually high IV stats... It is just that in their final evolutions, I did not get the moves I want...

Nori Chan

Jumped from 18 to 20 with a lucky egg and millions of pidgeys and evos I've been holding onto.

Seal beach California was popping. So many people. And 4 pokestops within 50 feet of each other.

Yrael

Eevee incoming.

I'm fully expecting this to happen, lol. That, or an Onix (I already have several from random spawns).

From lv 1-19, I got 7 10km eggs. Lv20-25, I got 5 10km eggs. While they were incubated, I got more 10 km eggs. Half way to lv 26, I already got 5 10km eggs... Please do not let it be more eevees or onixs!!!!

I'm just a wee bit jealous - I'm almost level 22, and this is my first 10 km egg! >_< How many of yours were Eevee and Onix?

Acinixys

Hopefully increasing the GPS distance tracking frequency is near the top of their list. Loops waste time (and incense) because the checks are so infrequent.

It's also infuriating when you are less than 0.1k from hatching and egg, and you know you have to wait for a whole refresh cycle.

Tracking and bug fixing first obviously, but this is a huge annoyance for me.

I agree

I sat with 2 eggs on 4.95/5KM for almost 3 hours yesterday because the game refused to track those last 50m

dity

Managed to evolve a Magneton today with 1061cp. Pretty cool honestly, comes with spark and zap cannon too so it's a good gym battler.

Oh, and I received two 10km eggs as well. Haven't had one for a while so looking forward to them hatching!

SuomiDude

Whatever is common in your area from Pinsir/Jynx/Magmar etc would be more devastating :p

Because like said above, at least Eevee's evolutions are beasts, so a high IV one is nice to have.
I'd like to have Pinsir or Jynx, because I only have 1 Jynx and no Pinsir. They seem to be pretty rare around here. Magmar would suck as I found a spawn point nearby though. Eevees are so common, I don't really care for them anymore, but will still catch the ones in wild.

Today was a good day for me. I found a Mankey in wild, only the second ever. Then I also found 1233cp Starmie (my first, though I was 1 Staryu short of evolving one anyway). Then I got my second Tentacool from a 5km egg which was nice. And also found my first Vulpix :) Yesterday got enough Ponyta candy to evolve into Rapidash as well. Soon I'll get to evolve my Horsea and Goldeen too.

jariw

I was driving the car, and my son borrowed the mobile to try to loot Pokestops along the way. After a while, we drove on a motorway trough a forest. All of a sudden, the shape of a Snorlax appeared. In an area with no roads, no place to stop the car, and only a few footpaths leading to the forest. Hope someone was rewarded for visiting that forest.

So I just used the app again the other day when i went to watch Sucide Squad, havent use it since they took off away the pokevision websites, although I knew they took out the steps (and tried to use the app with the steps switched off) and they were saying they were going to try to fix it in some way.

What the fuck does it mean the near list having a completly different name now (sightings, its not even translated to the language of the game FFS) and like a drawing of tall grass near the pokemon?
Does the grass actually mean something (normal type only maybe? although psychics I saw also had the grass symbol).

So I just used the app again the other day when i went to watch Sucide Squad, havent use it since they took off away the pokevision websites, although I knew they took out the steps (and tried to use the app with the steps switched off) and they were saying they were going to try to fix it in some way.

What the fuck does it mean the near list having a completly different name now (sightings, its not even translated to the language of the game FFS) and like a drawing of tall grass near the pokemon?
Does the grass actually mean something (normal type only maybe? although psychics I saw also had the grass symbol).

The grass has no meaning. It's still the same radar lol. Just a different look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom