• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got very lucky and this showed up right outside my house. Literally 2 houses down, never grabbed my keys so fast in my life xD

Aj1grQs.png

Shame about his CP level but I am super happy to have him. Hopefully I get another sometime, and bonus points for a Pikachu 2k egg hatching as I looked for him :D

I just checked it worked for me(Tm)

Maybe was a temporary login issue dunno
Will check the back end shortly to see.

Try again, I just had a successful scan.

You're both right, false alarm! Whew. :)

I walked to the shop earlier and on the way back it stopped working

Kept saying the last 5 scans failed and every scan i did failed as well

That's the same thing that just happened to me. After a message like that and repeated failed scans, it was hard not to think it had been brought down!

I walked to the shop earlier and on the way back it stopped working

Kept saying the last 5 scans failed and every scan i did failed as well
I don't doubt you if the login servers take a dump then sooner or later the tokens need refreshing and can't be then it will keep failing.
But if it's working again it wasn't banned, yet, so it's just some temporary Niantic issue. Probably.

Sh0k

Is there a reason why everytime I go look for a Pokemon with my kid, he always get the highest CP and I'm stuck with the lowest? For example yesterday there was a Lickitung down the block, we went to catch it and his was a 761CP and mine was 71CP, I'm level 22 and he is level 20. This happens most of the times.

Joni

I now have 297 Pokéballs. That is more than 150 regulars, another 100 Greats and almost 50 Ultra. I hope I can use them well during my vacation. I have really optimized my 350 bagspace.

FML! Sometimes I hate being a passenger, plus when the tracking apps all go down!

While it sucks being the passenger I don't see the need for the tracking sites anymore. Anytime I see a silhouette now I don't have or something I want is on the Nearby window I have been able to track it down since they made the changes.

BowieZ

Banned
While it sucks being the passenger I don't see the need for the tracking sites anymore. Anytime I see a silhouette now I don't have or something I want is on the Nearby window I have been able to track it down since they made the changes.
You must have flawless GPS. Nothing I do with the "sightings" radar seems to work. I do of course happenstance on some of the 'Mon on there but nothing I ever actually want lol

I really hope they roll out the tracking update to everyone soon then, because I am pretty much dependent on a tracker to find anything good nowadays. It's no fun trying to track down something you want when you don't even have the slightest direction where to go.

I'm not sure I fully understand the new tracker, is it helpful only if the Pokemon you want is near a stop?

Its dead jim
third party trackers I mean.

got confirm that 30 minutes ago same fate happened to another one, so they 'did' something server-wide, and it probably revolves around soft-banning accounts that just warp around even if they do nothing else. If I had to guess.
Guess I'll wait to see what the others more fully invested in tracking business plans find out, but I think thats it!

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...a_permabans_have_arrived_stop_all_use_of_3rd/

new edit: I have no idea what is going on.
things are working again.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Its dead jim
third party trackers I mean.

got confirm that 30 minutes ago same fate happened to another one, so they 'did' something server-wide, and it probably revolves around soft-banning accounts that just warp around even if they do nothing else. If I had to guess.
Guess I'll wait to see what the others more fully invested in tracking business plans find out, but I think thats it!

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...a_permabans_have_arrived_stop_all_use_of_3rd/
pikachucrying.gif

Thanks for your work, jellies_two.

I only used it for one day for 3 mons, but I definitely wouldn't have caught the Dratini without it. It was on the other side of a long block of buildings and if I tried to triangulate it with the sightings tracker I wouldn't have gotten to the other side in time.

On the other hand...

reddit said:
Hard ban: Perma ban (Read data error on phone). This is the new ban that botters have been getting. If you get a login error, it does not mean you are banned for sure, but if you were botting or teleporting and you can't log in on that account from any IP, and you can use other accounts - good chance thats a hardban.
I'm glad to hear about the possibility of permas. I hope actual cheaters will crash and burn.

You must have flawless GPS. Nothing I do with the "sightings" radar seems to work. I do of course happenstance on some of the 'Mon on there but nothing I ever actually want lol

I do when I am outside at least lol...inside my character will run all over the place when I open the app and I get constant messages about me driving while... I am sitting in the house xD

I really hope they roll out the tracking update to everyone soon then, because I am pretty much dependent on a tracker to find anything good nowadays. It's no fun trying to track down something you want when you don't even have the slightest direction where to go.

I'm not sure I fully understand the new tracker, is it helpful only if the Pokemon you want is near a stop?

I don't have the Pokestop tracker feature just the Nearby (tall grass behind each Pokemon)
Looking forward to trying the Pokestop feature whenever they put it out for the rest of us though.

I have found that the Nearby feature works pretty well, and for me at least whenever they get closer to the top left they are getting closer to me. The Snorlax I caught last night was rather easy, I went one way from my house and he got further down the list and then just flat out disappeared. When I turned around after that and walked a bit he popped right back up. He kept climbing to the top of my Nearby list and then finally was at the top left of the list and he suddenly appeared right in front me. I know my experience isn't exactly the same as others but the big changes this week have really helped and once they roll out that Pokestop tracking feature I am gonna be even more pleased with it.

BowieZ

Banned
I wonder if my balls being totally launched out of orbit (happened so much tonight) is because of a soft-ban due to me collecting pokestops on the bus?

I wonder if my balls being totally launched out of orbit (happened so much tonight) is because of a soft-ban due to me collecting pokestops on the bus?

I have it happen from time to time too usually makes me laugh until it's an ultra lol. Why in the world are they soft banning people for something like that?

Awayze

Neo Member
Without tracking, it's pointless to play for me now. The games dying out and ain't nobody got time or patience to triangulate in the rain and wind.

Nope, just a bug.

I finally got to this gym and I got it down to 1000pts about to take it over

every time I try to fight it now it fucking errors out and just kicks me out of the gym screen.

what the fuck

anyone run into this? solutions? I tried rebooting the app and it does the same thing

You have to wait at least 10 minutes before being able to start a new fight. Yeah, it sucks. In order to avoid this bug, try to stay always near the gym while fighting it.

Without tracking, it's pointless to play for me now. The games dying out and ain't nobody got time or patience to triangulate in the rain and wind.

hopefully they are only attacking other trackers because they need to server overhead to deal with their own tracking for when that comes in (and hopefully that comes in imminently)

But yeah, it's not fun triangulating a pokemons position especially when you basically have to spend a few hours in the city centre hoping something decent will pop up 500 meters around you

The game is 'realistic' and getting the rare Pokemon shouldn't be easy but as it's also not much fun simply hoping something you need pops up - the game aspect is now getting lost on me

That was bound to happen due to the law of diminishing returns when you near the end of the pokedex anyway though to be fair to niantic

GulAtiCa

The pokeballs blasting off again is kinda funny bug. Only happens to me sometimes, and usually only once at the very start of a pokemon sighting.

So I have enough candies to evolve 16 Pokemon, I'm level 9 right now.

1x Eevee
6x Pidgey
3x Rattata
1x Spearow
5x Weedle

It's taking a while to get these even if Pidgeys and Weedles are really common, so I am getting tempted to just evolve 'em all as soon as I hit level 10. I'm also afraid of Niantic patching out the fast XP from mass evolving.

edit: oh the Eevee thing was explained in the OP, never mind

BowieZ

Banned
Nope, just a bug.

You have to wait at least 10 minutes before being able to start a new fight. Yeah, it sucks. In order to avoid this bug, try to stay always near the gym while fighting it.
Thanks, hopefully they iron these out soon...

The pokeballs blasting off again is kinda funny bug. Only happens to me sometimes, and usually only once at the very start of a pokemon sighting.
Yeah, tonight it happened to me at least 40% of my first throws.

PSFan

hopefully they are only attacking other trackers because they need to server overhead to deal with their own tracking for when that comes in (and hopefully that comes in imminently)

But yeah, it's not fun triangulating a pokemons position especially when you basically have to spend a few hours in the city centre hoping something decent will pop up 500 meters around you

The game is 'realistic' and getting the rare Pokemon shouldn't be easy but as it's also not much fun simply hoping something you need pops up - the game aspect is now getting lost on me

That was bound to happen due to the law of diminishing returns when you near the end of the pokedex anyway though to be fair to niantic

The game is not 'realistic'. A lot of the rarer Pokemon shouldn't be that rare. The game is getting lost on me as well, because not only do I constantly see pidgeys and rattatas spawn too much, they are even hatching from my 2k eggs now.

Niantic needs change this crap because in a few weeks a deluge of 3DS games will start coming out, like DQVII, the 2 Yo-kai Watch 2 games and Disney Magical World 2, with Sun and Moon not long after that. And I suspect I'm not the only one who will drop GO fast for these other games if it remains as boring with the same old Pidgeys and Rattattas always showing up.

Meier

The patch might have brought back points for throws, but shit is still breaking out and eventually running away WAY too often.

Vipu

Banned
Im sorry but I cant think most people here are anything else than 10y old spoiled kids.
Really wtf, ingame tracking works and you cant be arsed to walk a bit to find something?
It must be too easy there in massive citys where you sit in middle of 20 lures.

PSFan

Im sorry but I cant think most people here are anything else than 10y old spoiled kids.
Really wtf, ingame tracking works and you cant be arsed to walk a bit to find something?

You sound like the 10 year old kid, getting upset about something that doesn't affect you at all. And no, ingame tracking still doesn't work right for everyone. People still have issues with it.

Vipu

Banned
You sound like the 10 year old kid, getting upset about something that doesn't affect you at all. And no, ingame tracking still doesn't work right for everyone. People still have issues with it.

Care to explain how it doesnt work?
And how does it not affect me? You mean when people can check from 3rd party sites the whole citys spawns and get their snorlaxes and laprases it doesnt effect me getting gyms when they put those to defend?

The in game tracker doesn't work though. In fact, it can make finding Pokemon harder instead of easier. Last night for example I was using the PokemonNearby tracker to find a Squirtle. It's straight ahead of me. The in game tracker has Squirtle as one of the closest Pokemon in the area. Seems to be working! I get closer, he falls off the tracker. If I was relying on the in game tracker I would have turned around thinking I'm going in the wrong direction and never finding the Pokemon. That's just plain bad design. Personally I don't want third party trackers, but without any reliable way of tracking, finding decent to rare pokemon is just too much of a crap shoot.

PSFan

Care to explain how it doesnt work?
And how does it not affect me? You mean when people can check from 3rd party sites the whole citys spawns and get their snorlaxes and laprases it doesnt effect me getting gyms when they put those to defend?

I usually go out with my brother, niece and nephew, and the four of us each still show different Pokemon on the tracker.

GulAtiCa

To be fair, 2k eggs are suppose to be common pokemon, they barely take much effort to hatch. Basically just walk 1.25 Miles and it will hatch. Just be glad there are starters in the 2k too. Heck, nowadays just driving to work will add 1km to my eggs. lol.

Actually, for some reason... My 5K eggs had 3.5 K distance added to them this morning. Just weird, lol

In game tracking being worse than it was at launch is in no way 'working'.

LordOfChaos

I like how this 0.01 update specifically calls out "no text updates". Guess people were joking about the text updates so they were like "SEE, THERE IS NONE THIS TIME", lol

Top one is lower level ( smaller arc ) but has more HP and better CP, so it has better IVs / stats than the one on the bottom. Evolve the top one.

The position on the arc indicates how much more you can power up the Pokemon at your current level. Notice how there's more space in the arc of the top Goldeen, yet its combat power (CP) and HP are still higher than the Goldeen below it? That means it has better stats, and will have a higher potential maximum CP (ie. when you've powered the Pokemon up until the arc can't be filled anymore). So the top Goldeen is the better choice.

Verifying this with the IV (stat) calculator:

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

The top Goldeen has an IV ranging from 55.6% perfect to 84.4% perfect. The bottom Goldeen has an IV ranging from 28.9% perfect to 44.4% perfect.
Super interesting. Thanks for your input guys.

What?

The scanner works for you?

I know people are saying the closer you are to a Pokemon the higher up the list they should go but this absolutely doesn't work for me.

Hell sometimes as I get closer to a Pokemon they drop off the list! Ive caught some Pokemon thanks to poke nearby that my in game tracker didn't even register (or did register but then somehow forgot about the closer to them I got). This would be infuriating if the shadow of something like a lapras popped up.

Im less inclined to take you seriously based on the tone of your post but if you have some advice im all ears

Vipu

Banned
What?

The scanner works for you?

I know people are saying the closer you are to a Pokemon the higher up the list they should go but this absolutely doesn't work for me.

Hell sometimes as I get closer to a Pokemon they drop off the list! Ive caught some Pokemon thanks to poke nearby that my in game tracker didn't even register (or did register but then somehow forgot about the closer to them I got). This would be infuriating if the shadow of something like a lapras popped up.

Im less inclined to take you seriously based on the tone of your post but if you have some advice im all ears

Well im not sure about the closer it get the higher pokemon gets if that works, that what they should fix if it doesnt work.

I have never seen that happen if I get closer to something that it would disappear.
If something pops in my nearby that I want it usually takes 1-10min to find it.

2 times I think it took me closer to that 10min to find it but mostly maybe 1-5min.

Joni

Well im not sure about the closer it get the higher pokemon gets if that works, that what they should fix if it doesnt work.

I have never seen that happen if I get closer to something that it would disappear.
If something pops in my nearby that I want it usually takes 1-10min to find it.

2 times I think it took me closer to that 10min to find it but mostly maybe 1-5min.

Close enough to have three Pokémon pop up, only one of them on the Nearby.

hqK51NTl.jpg

The patch might have brought back points for throws, but shit is still breaking out and eventually running away WAY too often.

To be fair, did they ever claim they fixed that part? They only said they restored the experience points.

In game tracking being worse than it was at launch is in no way 'working'.

Having the three steps work would be 'too easy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom