• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
Close enough to have three Pokémon pop up, only one of them on the Nearby.

hqK51NTl.jpg

'

It refreshes every 10 seconds, so that's bound to happen

Won't stop until they reduce the refresh time

Personally the tracking system works fine for me, especially if I'm on a bike

No, pretty sure Incense is the only time you will see a Pokemon that others won't see. Normal wild pokemon are server based and everyone interacts with them the same way.

This is accurate

Joni

Personally the tracking system works fine for me, especially if I'm on a bike

It is a place I arrive by car, after which I switch on the phone. It had just refreshed.

But that doesn't even explain his picture. Last time it refreshed to show Drowzee it should also have shown the other two Pokemon in that spot. And this also doesn't explain how a Pokemon will get dropped from my tracker as I get closer to it.

L Thammy

Im sorry but I cant think most people here are anything else than 10y old spoiled kids.
Really wtf, ingame tracking works and you cant be arsed to walk a bit to find something?
It must be too easy there in massive citys where you sit in middle of 20 lures.

You still play Pokemon? What are you, a kid?

JavyOO7

My experiences with the 'sightings' tracker has been good so far. If I'm too far away from the Pokemon it leaves the tracker... if I'm close, it stays. Maybe even move up in a column. It needs footprints like at launch, or in decrease in meter count perhaps like in the trailer, but its been working pretty good for me so far. I'll really test it out this weekend when I go out for errands.

adamy

Banned
They didn't show, not even after I caught the Drowzee. It is the easiest target so I started with that one.

Yeah, dunno what to tell you

Only thing I can think of is lag due to sever load, but that's obviously still an issue that should be addressed

adamy

Banned
It's still not good enough. It's better but not as good as the original system when it actually worked.
It never worked

Been playing since day 1 and its inability to purge shit that despawned was annoying as FUCK. I'll take no footsteps in exchange for a system that purges Pokemon that are no longer there any day. And it does that well. I can watch a Pokemon despawn and its immediately removed from my list.

I'm excited for the incoming tracking update tbh

Awayze

Neo Member
Pokémon nearby is iffy but still working. Rubbish Pokemon around me though, even with tracking apps, I'm losing interest.

Pokémon nearby is iffy but still working. Rubbish Pokemon around me though, even with tracking apps, I'm losing interest.

Yeah same

That initial hope that there's something new around the next corner has just been replaced with a sad voice in my head telling me there's probably no point taking that detour as the last five detours I took were just full of pidgey :(

I suspect we have all here been playing a LOT though so burn out isn't unexpected

adamy

Banned
Yeah same

That initial hope that there's something new around the next corner has just been replaced with a sad voice in my head telling me there's probably no point taking that detour as the last five detours I took were just full of pidgey :(

I suspect we have all here been playing a LOT though so burn out isn't unexpected

Level 28 and still having a good time, but I have found myself more so focused on simply hatching eggs which is unfortunate

High IV and I like how random it can be

Mostly just like how they're consistently very high IV

Wild Pokemon suck, simple as that. Even if you do find a rare he probably has shit IV

There's exceptions, but eggs seem the way to go

Level 28 and still having a good time, but I have found myself more so focused on simply hatching eggs which is unfortunate

High IV and I like how random it can be

Mostly just like how they're consistently very high IV

Wild Pokemon suck, simple as that. Even if you do find a rare he probably has shit IV

There's exceptions, but eggs seem the way to go

As odd as it may sound I don't really see egg hatching as actively playing - I tend to keep the app running as I wonder around in my day to day life to hatch them though - even when I long tire of the game I'll probably continue to do so as there's no harm in it really.

I guess it helps I tend to have my phone constantly on charge at work or at home for this to work lol

adamy

Banned
As odd as it may sound I don't really see egg hatching as actively playing - I tend to keep the app running as I wonder around in my day to day life to hatch them though - even when I long tire of the game I'll probably continue to do so as there's no harm in it really.

I guess it helps I tend to have my phone constantly on charge at work or at home for this to work lol

I mostly hatch eggs while bar hopping late at night

Not really active playing but if I feel my phone vibrate I'll more often than not try to catch whatever spawned

I find myself wishing they'd add 'chests' to the game. Y'know, those random loot drops you'd find in the pokemon games, preferably with their own tracker. It'd give me something to hunt when there's no interesting pokemon nearby,especially if it had exclusive items you don't get from pokestops, or items that are rare to get from them :p

unrealist

My friend told me if I am below Level 20, anything I can catch (even rare ones like Snorlax and Gyarados) is useless even with high IV? He says the my Level is not high enough to determine the IV and their CP will be too low to evolve?

Syntsui

My friend told me if I am below Level 20, anything I can catch (even rare ones like Snorlax and Gyarados) is useless even with high IV? He says the my Level is not high enough to determine the IV and their CP will be too low to evolve?

The IVs can be 100% analysed by several sites out there and the CP will be low, requiring tons of candies.

BlakeofT

It'll just cost more resources to power up low level guys. I shoot for IVs and moves over CP personally.

Vipu

Banned
So what are best moves for each top tier pokemon?
I have seen few pics and stuff but they seem to have a bit different info.
Is there any REAL confirmed 100% best?

krae_man

Needed one more bellsprout to have enough candy to evolve him, saw one with 90 seconds left on the timer and a rushed over and he didn't spawn:(

Good news is I found this guy around the corner 5 minutes later:
xQ5k3Bb.png

zroid

Banned
Saw a Machoke and Wartortle on my sightings, managed to track down the Wartortle quickly (and I actually caught it relatively easily too, was expecting far worse)

Couldn't quite find the Machoke and by the time I had a rough idea of where it was I was already dead tired from the humidity outside. Ah well.

Awayze

Neo Member
Yeah same

Being level 16, I haven't played to the point of burning out but I'm just bored of the same Pokemon everyday.

JavyOO7

What do the percentages below the recommend move sets mean? Percentage of how much better/worse they are?

The OP in the thread I linked above said...

Basically it is how much worse the given moveset is than the optimal moveset. For example, with Snorlax.
Lick / Hyper Beam (this is the best moveset because its first and in bold)
[94%] Zen Headbutt / Hyper Beam (this is the second best moveset, and is 94% as good as the first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom