• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciD_Vain

snXO35R.jpg

Oh so THATS how the mechanic works!

Lol the game could be clearer about it, but I guess learning from others is part of the experience.
We've come full circle, "You teach me, and I'll teach you... Pokémon!"

Lukemon

I don't get how a dragonite spawned in my office only once since release if what you say is true about spawn intervals and locations

Been playing since day 1 and I'm in my office 5 days a week

Same. I work Mon-Fri in an office with a bunch of games peeps and someone is always on GO, so we know when something good pops up. Mostly Drowzee/Zubat/Pidgey as usual, but we've had rare spawns of Lapras, Snorlax, Rhydon and a few others come up once or twice, all catchable without leaving the office. There are definitely random spawns on top of cycles and nests.

Ofcourse, but yes less.
If I get normal throws on some pokemon it have really high chance to get out just like everyone is crying its "bug" that they escape.
But if I hit great throw it have pretty good chance to stay.

Nobody is "crying", the developers themself stated first that it was indeed a bug.

Just had a weird glitch, was chasing a pikachu and i found his location but he wouldn't pop up instead there was like a circle radar I'm guessing for his radius to pop up within my radar but he didn't pop, neither did any other Pokemon just a circle for where they would appear

Anyone else had this?

Lukemon

Just had a weird glitch, was chasing a pikachu and i found his location but he wouldn't pop up instead there was like a circle radar I'm guessing for his radius to pop up within my radar but he didn't pop, neither did any other Pokemon just a circle for where they would appear

Anyone else had this?

Yeah, I've had it once. Just the ring, no Pokemon, nothing happens if you tap it, no matter how many times (I tried... a bunch). Restarted the app and there was nothing there, so spawn presumably timed out after bugging out - if you caught it early enough, whatever was meant to be there would probably still be there, unless it's just some weird-ass freak occurence.

Syntsui

I now have a Vaporeon with 100% IV, an Arcanine with 100% IV and after a week of vacation at the coast... a 100% IV Gyarados.

But all three evolved into the worst possible movesets and are pretty much worthless. Sad stuff.
Save them for the future. The game is a month old, the battle mechanics will change, the meta will change and they may be useful one day.

Lukemon

Do I evolve a Evee 79CP 97% IV or 450CP 74% IV? Probably going Vaporeon.

Depends how much Stardust you're sat on and how the IVs break down. If the 74 one has 15 HP IVs or close, it's probably gonna serve almost as well as a Vape and save you around 30-40k dust. All depends on what moves it gets too, though.

Edit: Or what donkey show says, assuming Eevees aren't super rare for you.

eek5

I don't get how a dragonite spawned in my office only once since release if what you say is true about spawn intervals and locations

I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. Pokemons are random. Spawn points are not. Just because a dragonite spawns at a point once doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

mugwhump

Everyone who says pokemons run away easily etc.
"I used ultra ball and berry but it ran way"

But no one ever says did they throw norma, nice, good, excellent throw.

In my experience that have most meaning to get anything.
If you use ultra and berry it barely means anything if you get normal throw.

Thats my experience at least.
The only data I've seen suggested that the smallest circle size (remember you don't need to hit the circle) improves catch rate by 50%, same as a berry or great ball. Ultra balls increase it by up to 100%.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Decided to walk back home and I'm pleased with today's haul (Lv 12). Bolded are the ones I hadn't caught before.

4 Zubat (lol), 3 Horsea, 2 Clefairy, 1 Spearow, 1 Krabby, 1 Nidoran♀, 1 Arcanine, 1 Starmie, 2 Ekans, 2 Caterpie, 1 Bellsprout, 2 Poliwag, 1 Kakuna, 3 Weedle, 1 Geodude, 1 Tangela (5km egg), 1 Magikarp, 1 Dratini, 1 Pinsir, 1 Squirtle, 1 Growlithe

I'm glad the Dratini was docile since I had to go out of my way for it. An asshole Ivysaur ran away after making me waste some berries and great balls, but no biggie. Highlight was the Geodude actually appearing near construction work.

rc213

Catch a better Eevee.

Depends how much Stardust you're sat on and how the IVs break down. If the 74 one has 15 HP IVs or close, it's probably gonna serve almost as well as a Vape and save you around 30-40k dust. All depends on what moves it gets too, though.

Edit: Or what donkey show says, assuming Eevees aren't super rare for you.

Thanks I'll wait to see if i catch another, I usually see 2 minimum on my commute to work. Thanks guys

Oxn

I now have a Vaporeon with 100% IV, an Arcanine with 100% IV and after a week of vacation at the coast... a 100% IV Gyarados.

But all three evolved into the worst possible movesets and are pretty much worthless. Sad stuff.

Does tour Gyrados have Twister? If not then it doesnt have the worst possible moveset like mine.

adamy

Banned
I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. Pokemons are random. Spawn points are not. Just because a dragonite spawns at a point once doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

That makes more sense, I must have read your original post wrong

Par Score

Anyone else had this?

You're having connection issues and the model is failing to load.

If this happens again, close and re-open the app.

hirokazu

Rare spawns seem to be pretty random to me. Regular spawns might have a pattern though.

Are they ever going to fix the bug where wild-caught pokemon have attack IVs tied to their pokedex number? It's annoying having to rely on eggs in order to get usable pokemon of certain species.
I wish more people gave a shit about this and Niantic actually says something about it. But nope. What are IVs? How do you know about them? They don't exist and you shouldn't be poking around.

eek5

That makes more sense, I must have read your original post wrong

If you read the reddit post (when reddit comes back up) the guy was basically claiming that you could create dense areas of spawn points by leaving multiple pogo clients open in the same spot and everyone just took his bullshit and believed it for some reason lmao

mugwhump

Rare spawns seem to be pretty random to me. Regular spawns might have a pattern though.
There's two spawn points outside my house that always spawn pokes in the exact same spot. One is regular suburban pokes, the other one (like 10m away) leans water type. Get 1-3 magikarp a night from there. Another month or so and I'll finally have a gyarados lol

ajf009

So twice already today I've had pokemon spawn within feet of me, but as i go to tap them they dissapear, less than 2 seconds after appearing on screen, what is up with this fresh bullshit? Every time i turn the game on some new annoying crap seems to happen

hirokazu

There's two spawn points outside my house that always spawn pokes in the exact same spot. One is regular suburban pokes, the other one (like 10m away) leans water type. Get 1-3 magikarp a night from there. Another month or so and I'll finally have a gyarados lol
Yeah, that's the sort of thing I see with regular spawns.

Also, I have three Gyaradoses and almost have enough for a fourth. And that's after I accidentally evolved a CP10 Magikarp on Saturday when I meant to transfer it. I promptly transfered the resulting CP36 Gyarados. :p

Lexxism

So, I got 4 eevee with Rainer name on it. Only two of those evolved to Vaporeon and the other two were Jolteon and Flareon. Is this normal?

Simple problem to solve. Just take over a gym and collect the defender bonus every day for two weeks.

this is literally impossible if you live in a city area(even almost impossible in rural areas to)

you best bet is to wait till the timer of your defender time i almost up(about 2 hours) and try to take over evey gym possible(or just include yourself)

adamy

Banned
If you read the reddit post (when reddit comes back up) the guy was basically claiming that you could create dense areas of spawn points by leaving multiple pogo clients open in the same spot and everyone just took his bullshit and believed it for some reason lmao

That makes 0 sense

Like you said, the data posted from scanners have proved that wrong

How does the 'fresh search' work on pokemonnearby?
Sometimes I don't have the button up top and refreshing the page doesn't update the search, it just spits back out a list where half have 0s left and the newest Pokemon has 8mins left.

How does the 'fresh search' work on pokemonnearby?
Sometimes I don't have the button up top and refreshing the page doesn't update the search, it just spits back out a list where half have 0s left and the newest Pokemon has 8mins left.
You get a cached copy of the search until 5 minutes have elapsed since it was done, unless you have moved to a new tile, in which case you do get a new search if the last was more than a minute old.

This is because the backend can do about 3 searches per 5 seconds without hitting any Niantic limits, and there are about 150 people at any time using it.

So if everyome wanted to do a new search every minute that would cut the number of people who can use it at once by a factor of 5.

You get a cached copy of the search until 5 minutes have elapsed since it was done, unless you have moved to a new tile, in which case you do get a new search if the last was more than a minute old.

This is because the backend can do about 3 searches per 5 seconds without hitting any Niantic limits, and there are about 150 people at any time using it.

So if everyome wanted to do a new search every minute that would cut the number of people who can use it at once by a factor of 5.
Ah thanks. I understand how it works now haha

Koh

Hopefully increasing the GPS distance tracking frequency is near the top of their list. Loops waste time (and incense) because the checks are so infrequent.

It's also infuriating when you are less than 0.1k from hatching and egg, and you know you have to wait for a whole refresh cycle.

Tracking and bug fixing first obviously, but this is a huge annoyance for me.

trugs26

Caught a perfect IV Eevee today, with its CP almost maxed too. Evolved it and unfortunately it became a Flareon with the worst moveset (Flamethrower). So close to perfection, yet so far!

Lexxism

Caught a perfect IV Eevee today, with its CP almost maxed too. Evolved it and unfortunately it became a Flareon with the worst moveset (Flamethrower). So close to perfection, yet so far!
Ugh. I'm getting worried with my near perfect Dratini. My god if I got a dragon claw.

Pineconn

I'm only aware of it changing once two week ago. Did it also change two weeks before that?

The game was released two weeks before that, lol. (Approximately.)

It's definitely possible that the nests will change every three/four weeks or every month. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom