• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 100% perfect Tentacool and of course he evolved into a Tentacruel with the absolutle worst possible moveset in the game(Acid and Sludge Wave). That sucks so much. What a damn waste.

HardRojo

So I have a 100% perfect Tentacool and of course he evolved into a Tentacruel with the absolutle worst possible moveset in the game(Acid and Sludge Wave). That sucks so much. What a damn waste.
Hopefully, as someone said in the thread, they'll let us change moves using candies in a future update.

Growlie19

My city restock trip yielded two new dex entries! Got my first Cubone at a lure and found the last Staryu I needed for a Starmie! I also found a Pikachu, Growlithe, and a couple Magikarp!

Banzai

So it's just impossible for some people to catch Grimers then? Just had one crash the game five times in a row until I left the street it spawned in.

WedgeX

Banned
This thread = https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4vx729/pokemon_rankings_cheat_sheets_gym_offense_gym/

jLXHS6B.png

This list must be widely read. With the exception of vaporeons everywhere, 1-5 populate just about every gym near me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Holy jeebus that candy total. So jelly...

Yeah, same here. My situation: after about a month of play I'm one catch away from evolving my first Eevee. Thinking about going to a park in Brussels that's an Eevee nest. I just want to stock up somewhere so I can evolve a few.

Joni

Yeah, same here. My situation: after about a month of play I'm one catch away from evolving my first Eevee. Thinking about going to a park in Brussels that's an Eevee nest. I just want to stock up somewhere so I can evolve a few.
Warande? Or somewhere else? If you need mankey or free parking, try jubelpark.

dark_chris

My gf is having the time of her life playing the game. We go out and catch a ton of Pokemon. She's never powered up a Pokemon so she has about 160,000 stardust to use. Insanity.

For me, I'm always struggling for more stardust and catch whatever comes to me.

Hopefully, as someone said in the thread, they'll let us change moves using candies in a future update.

Wouldn't that just make everyone switch to the same movesets for every pokemon? Every Vaporeon with water gun/hydro pump for attackers, for example. I'd hope that such a change also came with a balance update that made more movesets viable in different situations.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Warande? Or somewhere else? If you need mankey or free parking, try jubelpark.

Warande yeah. I hear it's a great spot in general, not just for the eevees. It's close to central station so I'll probably go by train. So Jubelpark has mankeys? Still missing that as well

Syntsui

Wouldn't that just make everyone switch to the same movesets for every pokemon? Every Vaporeon with water gun/hydro pump for attackers, for example. I'd hope that such a change also came with a balance update that made more movesets viable in different situations.

It's just a matter of time before the entire battle mechanics are revised. It's broken as you only need a Snorlax/Lapras/Dragonite to dominate. Water types are extremely overpowered and Electric types are straight up useless.

Falawful

It's been discussed how Pokemon whose main strength is speed (like Jolteon) suffer because the current battle system favors strength and stamina above all.

Maybe in the future they could change that up...like allowing speed-focused mons to dodge more, and faster. The DPS of their attacks should be higher, in addition to lowering the DPS of bulky mons like Snorlax.

And make type effectiveness multiply the same way as the games, dammit :/

zulux21

The multipliers are different. They are nowhere close to the main line games.

Edit: Go's multipliers are powers of 1.25 instead of powers of 2.

yup. between that and how screwed electric types are, if you evolved the same eevee to vaporeon and jolteon and then had them battle the vaporeon would likely have around half of its life left after killing the jolteon.

where in the normal game jolteon would win that easily.

Swamped

Banned
I'm currently in Boston, just keep seeing the same old pokemon. It's a bit boring...fortunately there are loads of pokestops though.

Cappa

Banned
I had a grimer hatch from an egg but everytime I check his profile the game crashes WTFFFFFFFFFFFF I hate this game so much :((((

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
After work I like to go around town looking for POKéMON and seeing if I can reinforce or train friendly gyms, and today I discovered how the top three Instinct players in my town are consistently in control of a lot of the gyms at the end of the day.

Turns out they are friends, and every night they hop in their car, drive past all of the gyms and defeat / take them all. If someone happens to take one of 'their' gyms while they are out driving, they will return to it and wait for you to leave before taking it back. If they drive up to a gym while you are training it, they will stay there until you leave and then take it for themselves. If they are in the process of taking down a gym and they see someone playing POKéMON Go nearby, they will stop attacking the gym and wait for that person to go away before defeating the gym.

Towards the end of my loop through town I passed them again near a friendly gym. The moment I passed them, they beat the gym and I just sniped it without giving it a second thought. They beat the one POKéMON I put in it of course, but I at least wasted one of their potions.

That post on Reddit about bans has to be a lot of speculation. I've experienced many of the so called soft bans, and so has my mother and my friend. All of those qualities can be much more reliably attributed to server issues/GPS issues. While I did use pokeadvisor 3-4 times, that's the only "cheating" I've done and neither my friend or my mother has done anything remotely wrong.

Honestly, unless Niantic has stated anything about soft bans, I just don't think they are actually a thing.

GulAtiCa

Damn, they must get lucky with potions if they are constantly doing that. Probably going to tons of pokestops just in the hope of get more potions I bet.

adamy

Banned
Damn, they must get lucky with potions if they are constantly doing that. Probably going to tons of pokestops just in the hope of get more potions I bet.

I have so many potions I'm constantly tossing them

I literally only keep max potions

Revives are annoying as shit too

Max potions are pretty nifty though

Don't understand the point of revives right now. At least give us a reason besides fighting other teams gyms to use them. It's just waste of space right now lol.

Don't understand the point of revives right now. At least give us a reason besides fighting other teams gyms to use them. It's just waste of space right now lol.

Well, what I do is whenever I have a Pokemon under 50% health, I toss them at an opposing gym so they faint and I can use a revive to get them to 50% health. This is especially helpful for Pokemon with 1 HP that was defeated by a rival team at a gym.

If you don't do much gym battling or training, revived aren't very useful. But if you are like me and trying to claim 5-10 gyms every night, potions run out very quick.

Firemind

I like how famous landmarks that are also gyms are constantly under fire. I went to the Sagrada Familia today and saw the gym was constantly under siege. Couldn't even add one. Pretty funny how people rather want to claim the gym rather than appreciate the imagery. Also went to Camp Nou but at least that's more understandable as not everybody likes football.

AdanVC

So I was looking through that tracker app and I saw this Abra and look at the time left until it despawns....

gyh7hkfl.jpg

He literally is going to live there for months omfg hahah.

WedgeX

Banned
I like how famous landmarks that are also gyms are constantly under fire. I went to the Sagrada Familia today and saw the gym was constantly under siege. Couldn't even add one. Pretty funny how people rather want to claim the gym rather than appreciate the imagery. Also went to Camp Nou but at least that's more understandable as not everybody likes football.

Speaking of. realPaulRyan is attempting to hold the fountain just south of the House of Representative's Rayburn Building.

PxPeJdD.png

Let be real though. He'd never be team blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom