• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

What one?

Forgot to highlight the timer. Here it is!

gyhgzsfv.jpg

592 hours left until it despawns omfg.

eek5

24dayszcu9w.jpg

Pokemon GO Live Map - App for people asking.

it's a bug it pgoapi protobuf. those used to be negative numbers and i believe most mappers just discarded the spawns but now they numbers rolled over into the positives or something so they show as despawning in 600h

this isn't 600 hour spawns. it's a bug with the pgoapi (unofficial api)

Haha, this game really hates me... or at least just delights in trolling me.

I did a random tracker scan and saw there was a Vulpix at the end of my street for ten more minutes, so I rushed out to get it since I only need one more Vulpix to have enough candies to evolve one into Ninetales.

Literally just as I got the Vulpix's spawn point, the 5km egg I had been working on hatched...

...into a Vulpix.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So has the the bug for Attack IV been officially confirmed as a bug? I have enough candies to evolve the starters, but all of them have an Attack IV of less than 3. Except for my hatched Charmander (84.4% and a 11 Attack) and the two I found away from known nests, another Charmander (66.7% and a 10 Attack) and Bulbasaur (53.3% and a 11 Attack). Kinda wondering if I should just wait to hatch better ones from eggs or hope the bug is fixed before evolving them.

Gandalf

Oh man what a batshit crazy day. I got Golem, Venasaur, Blastoise and a Dragonite through Evolution. Caught a Lickitung and a bloody Lapras that I ran 10 minutes for. I witnessed and taped a Brawl outside a Pub. I also witnessed a woman take a shit in a phonebox.

I love London <3

Azole

Neo Member
So has the the bug for Attack IV been officially confirmed as a bug? I have enough candies to evolve the starters, but all of them have an Attack IV of less than 3. Except for my hatched Charmander (84.4% and a 11 Attack) and the two I found away from known nests, another Charmander (66.7% and a 10 Attack) and Bulbasaur (53.3% and a 11 Attack). Kinda wondering if I should just wait to hatch better ones from eggs or hope the bug is fixed before evolving them.

I would wait unless you are wanting to fill in your pokedex. Some Pokemon that are useless in gym battles, I don't bother trying to get good IVs and just evolve for my pokedex. The only starters I have that is good on IV is a bulbasuar that I got from an egg while I was waiting to get enough candies.

L Thammy

Dear everyone who catches a new Pokemon species
Dear everyone who has gotten a 10k egg at some point
Dear everyone who currently has Pokeballs

Fuck you

Awayze

Neo Member
Saw a Vaporeon spawn around the corner from me but with a massive stomach ache and it being windy, I didn't bother catching it despite not having it.

jts

...hate me...
Catching a 351 Drowzee on my first crooked Pokeball throw, then using a razz and a great ball, a nice throw, with a 357 Drowzee and he escapes.

#justpokemongothings

Also, it's really boring to maximize evolutions for a lucky egg, probably have about 30 lined up, feels like getting another 30 will take forever (especially with the current escape rate of pidgeys for me).

Also, it's really boring to maximize evolutions for a lucky egg, probably have about 30 lined up, feels like getting another 30 will take forever (especially with the current escape rate of pidgeys for me).

I've stopped caring about xp (level 22).

I still catch everything, then at the end of the day I check their IVs and only keep my best one per species so the candies for Pidgeys and Ratatas are just piling up lol.

Today I had like 3 sub 60cp Pidgey flee after throwing a ball. Yet I was also able to catch a 600+ cp Ekans and Growlithe on the same basic Pokeball. I'm thinking they only nuked Pidgey catch rates to nuke the power levelers. Not to mention, Pidgeys are far less common than they used to be.

I think he meant what tracker :p
Edit: Pokémon nearby is working again? Man what is going on?

Yeah it is it was getting soft banned by ip now and again due to a problem I caused but it may be stable now until they really do something about scanners.

Also I updated the radar function to include distance rings, and fixed (again) the search pattern. It's definitely now a solid 450m all around you.

Finally got enough candies to evole a Dragonite. It has Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw. Site I check says those are the best moves for it. Is that right? Is Dragon Claw better than Hyper Beam.

Gonna hatch all my eggs and stop hitting Pokestops so the second I land in London I can collect 9 potential Mr Mime eggs.

Gonna be devastated if I get back to Australia with him missing from my dex.

HardRojo

Yeah it is it was getting soft banned by ip now and again due to a problem I caused but it may be stable now until they really do something about scanners.

Also I updated the radar function to include distance rings, and fixed (again) the search pattern. It's definitely now a solid 450m all around you.
Good stuff man, it's been really helpful these past few days, thanks.

MANUELF

Banned
Found a Fearow and caught it
The three most common pokemon for me not including rattata and pidgey are
1.- Eevee (38 seen, 33 caught)
2.- Weedle (30 seen, 26 caught)
3.- Venonat (30 seen, 25 caught)

Found a Fearow and caught it
The three most common pokemon for me not including rattata and pidgey are
1.- Eevee (38 seen, 33 caught)
2.- Weedle (30 seen, 26 caught)
3.- Venonat (30 seen, 25 caught)

I'm gonna go through my dex quickly and list everything common for me.

Numbers are for amount seen, though it's a little skewed as I've never ignored a Magikarp or Eevee for instance.

Pidgey: 181
Magikarp: 132
Rattata: 122
Weedle: 63
Poliwag: 57
Eevee: 55
Zubat: 54
Psyduck: 44
Caterpie: 41
Abra: 40
Ekans: 37
Paras: 37
Venonat: 37
Spearow: 36
Magnemite: 33
Meowth: 31
Tentacool: 31
Goldeen: 30
Doduo: 28
Voltorb: 28
Shellder: 26
Squirtle: 25
Staryu: 25
Oddish: 23
Krabby: 23

zroid

Banned
I'm gonna go through my dex quickly and list everything common for me.

Numbers are for amount seen, though it's a little skewed as I've never ignored a Magikarp or Eevee for instance.

Pidgey: 181
Magikarp: 132
Rattata: 122
Weedle: 63
Poliwag: 57
Eevee: 55
Zubat: 54
Psyduck: 44
Caterpie: 41
Abra: 40
Ekans: 37
Paras: 37
Venonat: 37
Spearow: 36
Magnemite: 33
Meowth: 31
Tentacool: 31
Goldeen: 30
Doduo: 28
Voltorb: 28
Shellder: 26
Squirtle: 25
Staryu: 25
Oddish: 23
Krabby: 23

That seems like a pretty normal distribution. I haven't checked, but I'd guess for me it's more like 50% Drowzee, 20% Zubat, 20% Gastly, 10% everything else... :(

edit: case in point, I just launched the game and

c6752db726714ee494acbd6279ff6048.png

MANUELF

Banned
That seems like a pretty normal distribution. I haven't checked, but I'd guess for me it's more like 50% Drowzee, 20% Zubat, 20% Gastly, 10% everything else... :(

edit: case in point, I just launched the game and

c6752db726714ee494acbd6279ff6048.png

I have never seen a drowzee on my nearby list, I only have one that hatched from an egg

zroid

Banned
I have never seen a drowzee on my nearby list, I only have one that hatched from an egg

I'd kill to be overrun with Pidgeys for example. At least they can be evolved easily to farm XP. Hypnos are not terrible in battle but that's about all I can say. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom