• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top 25 seen:

Pidgey: 150
Rattata: 137
Geodude: 77
Ekans: 65
Paras: 61
Growlithe: 59
Sandshrew: 58
Mankey: 45
Eevee: 45
Abra: 44
Venonat: 40
Zubat: 38
Doduo: 29
Rhyhorn: 28
Ponyta: 27
Cubone: 22
Spearow: 20
Meowth: 17
Vulpix: 16
Bulbasaur: 15
Charmander: 15
Squirtle: 15
Caterpie: 15
Nidoran (female): 15
Diglett: 15

Edit: Paras should actually have quite a bit more, but I pretty much stopped trying to catch them altogether for quite a while (already had a really good Parasect and plenty of candy), so the number is disproportionately low compared to the others. Probably more common than Geodude.

KingBroly

Banned
I got up to Level 18 tonight

New Pokemon: Doduo, Magnemite, Butterfree, Nidorino

I also won like 4 Gym Battles against Fire Gyms. So I got 10 Coins.

Still no Charmander ;_;

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Has the game been crashing on anyone else today? I was getting severe lag, crashing issues today, for the first time in a while.

JavyOO7

Good day for Pokemon hunting and the 'sightings' tracker worked great.

Caught a few Bulbasaur and Pidgeotto, a Venusaur, a Magmar, a Mankey, a few Venonat and Nidoran, and an Arbok. Besides the first day of playing this game, I made some nice headway into the Pokedex. Now I'm at 84 caught and 85 seen. That Cubone laughed at me two weeks ago and ran away...

edit - I will echo the sentiment in this page... in Miami, FL at least I've never seen a Drowzee. FAK.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Come to Vancouver then, there are a shitton of them here.

I actually will be soon myself, to catch said Drowzee. I've never seen them down in CA, but I do worry about what the risk is if I'm travelling and playing the game... Hope Niantic won't think I'm spoofing or anything if it's legit travel?

Jay RaR

In LA, I've only seen 5 Drowzees as encounters.

I managed to get 3 of them in eggs so I got Hypno pretty cleanly.

Also caught a Hitmonchan and Charmeleon yesterday. Pretty neat!

UT4A2wD.png

My first Pinsir, very excited about it, didn't think it would spawn in the children's park.

That's very dangerous.

What app is this and can I have a link to it on the Play Store?

That app is something you run on a Windows, Mac or Linux PC. It will share its findings to a website that you can get to with your phone's browser. This way you can avoid getting banned as your PC will have a different IP from your phone. Create a dummy Trainer Club account and go for it - but don't use this if you have started the Pokemon Go app while on your home wifi.

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases/

PSFan

So I was looking through that tracker app and I saw this Abra and look at the time left until it despawns....

gyh7hkfl.jpg

He literally is going to live there for months omfg hahah.

So is the Abra really there and is the timer actually accurate? Because this morning I'm seeing a bunch like that on the map that have timers with over 500 hours on them.

And if the Abra is still there, does it respawn in your game allowing you to catch it multiple times? Because two of the Pokemon I see with those long timers are Charmander and Dratini.

Pachimari

I hate Drowzees. They're seriously everywhere.

Hmm, since hitting lvl 20 I have felt less compelled to play. Probably because I'm at 83 Pokemon in my Pokédex and it gets even more rare to see new Pokemon.

Should I just catch any Pokemon popping up on my map to gain that XP, and eventually have enough Pokemon to evolve with a lucky egg again?

I wonder if Drowzee being everywhere is a city sort of thing? I live in the burbs but it has a not terrible amount of pokestops around due to an active Ingress fanbase. I've also visited my local city about 5 times a month. I've yet to catch a Drowzee.

Top 20 seen:

Pidgey 281/339
Rattata 191/231
Magikarp 147/158
Eevee 129/144
Weedle 121/143
Caterpie 62/71
Venonat 54/69
Psyduck 58/65
Nidoran (Female) 55/63
Paras 46/57
Spearow 48/55
Nidoran (Male) 48/54
Dratini 53/53
Oddish 49/52
Zubat 36/48
Exeggcute 42/45
Bellsprout 39/44
Tentacool 38/41
Clefairy 34/41
Bulbasaur 33/36

I like Drowzee's jazz hands.

They were everywhere in Seattle but non-existant in LA. I'd rather have them than Ekans, Doduos that seem to be really common here.

Level 25, Pokedex 120 (closer to 130 with some of the evolutions I have saved/am on the cusp of). I've seen and caught 3 Drowzees. Magikarp, on the other hand...

At least they're easy to capture for dust.

Pah, not a good start to the day

zgpAFki.png

Last week, after two days and a combined 10 or so hours of Charmander farming, I was two captures away from 125 candies.

It took nearly two hours for the next two to spawn.

L.O.R.D

that's really strange,just found Mr. Mime in some mall in jeddah/saudi arabia.
it's weird because i know Mr. Mime is Europe exclusive,did they change something?

PSFan

it's weird because i know Mr. Mime is Europe exclusive,did they change something?

Any proof? It's strange how you seem to keep getting these region exclusives outside of their regions when nobody else has.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Pidgey: 108
Rattata: 74
Spearow: 46
Magikarp: 44
Weedle: 36
Psyduck: 34
Drowzee: 33
Pidgeotto: 30
Zubat: 26
Poliwag: 26
Staryu: 17
Caterpie: 17
Krabby: 16
Goldeen: 15
Paras: 12
Venonat: 10
Slowpoke: 10
Gastly: 10
Squirtle: 8
Jynx: 7

Eevee: 6 :(

Level 25, Pokedex 120 (closer to 130 with some of the evolutions I have saved/am on the cusp of). I've seen and caught 3 Drowzees. Magikarp, on the other hand...

At least they're easy to capture for dust.

So many spawns per lure, damn.

Here is the spawn frequency from random scans from random people in random locations globally, over the last couple of weeks. I expect the top 10 most "rare" are very rough odds because literally they hardly ever appeared. And Khangaskhan is obviously much more frequent in Australia and 0% outside.

ZnzuHUm.png

the whole list is at:
https://pokemonnearby.io/frequency.html

the bottom of the list is:

Sparrow 5.0288% 1 in 19
Weedle 7.7075% 1 in 12
Rattata 14.2204% 1 in 7
Pidgy 16.4671% 1 in 6

Can you post some screenshots of your catches/egg hatches? It's just crazy that you have this insane luck with region Pokemon, and while I don't want to insinuate that you are lying or omitting a key fact, I would rest easier if I thought I could hatch a region locked Pokemon.

Here is the spawn frequency from random scans from random people in random locations globally, over the last couple of weeks. I expect the top 10 most "rare" are very rough odds because literally they hardly ever appeared. And Khangaskhan is obviously much more frequent in Australia and 0% outside.

ZnzuHUm.png

the whole list is at:
https://pokemonnearby.io/frequency.html

the bottom of the list is:

Sparrow 5.0288% 1 in 19
Weedle 7.7075% 1 in 12
Rattata 14.2204% 1 in 7
Pidgy 16.4671% 1 in 6

Thanks for the data!

I've caught 2 Venusaur's in the wild (same location on the same day!) and 1 Ninetails. I've also caught a Vaporeon and a Nidoqueen, which I would assume have roughly the same chance of spawning as Jolteon/Flareon and Nidoking respectively.

I will say there has been an increase in starter Pokemon spawns lately. Using your tracker (THANK YOU) has made this even clearer.

-MB-

That app is something you run on a Windows, Mac or Linux PC. It will share its findings to a website that you can get to with your phone's browser. This way you can avoid getting banned as your PC will have a different IP from your phone. Create a dummy Trainer Club account and go for it - but don't use this if you have started the Pokemon Go app while on your home wifi.

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases/

It asks me to log in to google account, but I login to pokeGo with that as well, would that put me at risk?
And does the not using it if u started Go on wifi go for the current session or ever?

PSFan

It asks me to log in to google account, but I login to pokeGo with that as well, would that put me at risk?
And does the not using it if u started Go on wifi go for the current session or ever?

Just create a dummy Google or PTC account to use.

L.O.R.D

Any proof? It's strange how you seem to keep getting these region exclusives outside of their regions when nobody else has.

no need to accuse me to anything,ok?
also you can hatch all the region exclusives from 10km eggs.

Can you post some screenshots of your catches/egg hatches? It's just crazy that you have this insane luck with region Pokemon, and while I don't want to insinuate that you are lying or omitting a key fact, I would rest easier if I thought I could hatch a region locked Pokemon.

i don't have screenshot of the catch it self,catch after the catch

maybe this is mistake by Niantic?
the game is still not out yet in saudi arabia,also some city in saudi arabia all the pokestops are gone and i am not speaking about gone because of cheating,all my friends that live in that city can't find any pokestop.

no need to accuse me to anything,ok?
also you can hatch all the region exclusives from 10km eggs.

i don't have screenshot of the catch it self,catch after the catch

maybe this is mistake by Niantic?
the game is still not out yet in saudi arabia,also some city in saudi arabia all the pokestops are gone and i am not speaking about gone because of cheating,all my friends that live in that city can't find any pokestop.

I'm far from a coding expert, but that doesn't sound like a Farfetch'd explanation
I had to
for why you can hatch them and seemingly nobody else, at least in countries where it has been officially releases, has.

L.O.R.D

I'm far from a coding expert, but that doesn't sound like a Farfetch'd explanation
I had to
for why you can hatch them and seemingly nobody else, at least in countries where it has been officially releases, has.

i know that screenshot is not proof,i should have at least screenshot him while he was in nearby and another photo of the google maps,but hey.

anywhy,i closest thing i can think is they somehow put the middle east as part of Europe,many apps when it releases in Europe it releases in my area too.
i sent an email to Niantic asking them for explanation on how Mr. Mime are available in my city,but i don't think they will answer.

acm2000

fuck me dead!

sat at work on a saturday, a bulbasaur appears on my "sightings" for the first time EVER.

i have never opened pokemonnearby so quickly, bugger me sideways its just down the road opposite!

that "be back in 10 minutes" sign flew on to my door and off i cantered.

razzberry, ultra ball, no fucking about, great throw, GET IN

finally i have all 4 starter Pokemon.

In LA, I've only seen 5 Drowzees as encounters.

I managed to get 3 of them in eggs so I got Hypno pretty cleanly.

Also caught a Hitmonchan and Charmeleon yesterday. Pretty neat!

I live in LA as well, but there is a drowzee nest at vincent lugo park in San gabriel, I have been there 3 or 4 times

Screenshot_20160813_041340.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom