• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirokazu

Super rare is an understatement, poeple on /r/TheSilphRoad gathered data about the eggs they hatched and in 40000+ Eggs there were 0 Pokemon from other regions. In all the time the game was out no one could prove that they hatched a exclusive Pokemon from a diffierent region that theirs, so it's pretty safe to say that with the current information and statistics available, everyone claiming it is either a spoofer/cheater or has been on a holiday and obtained the egg there.
Yeah, for someone to claim that they managed to hatch all three (and not just them, but several others who are showing off completed Pokédexes), they'd have to be way more common than 1 in 40,000.

I mean, a concerted data gathering effort results in no region-exclusives hatched except the native one, but then you have unsubstantiated (but also, unprovable and undisprovable) anecdotes that it's been done. I just gotta call fib given the statistical improbability of it all.

L.O.R.D. says he's from the middle east. I would think most of the reports of hatching came from the main regions of US, Europe, Japan, etc.

Has there been a sample size from areas that aren't any of the regions these Pokemon are exclusive to? Because the middle east and some other regions wouldn't have any Pokemon exclusive to them, so maybe they are all there.
That's possible, but the game has launched in South America. Do we know if Tauros appears there or not? If not, then any data from there would prove or disprove that.

If I were to guess, it would be that Tauros covers both North and South America, while Mr. Mime covers the Middle East in addition to Europe.

Masked Man

I said wow
Man, sites like Pokéadvisor and PoGoBag have spoiled me. I hate having to calculate IVs now knowing there are much easier alternatives.

hirokazu

Man, sites like Pokéadvisor and PoGoBag have spoiled me. I hate having to calculate IVs now knowing there are much easier alternatives.
I'd put up with that if they didn't give so many possible IV combinations. :/

Will try GoIV when I can access an Android phone, but I heard that got taken down from the Play store by Google.

L.O.R.D. says he's from the middle east. I would think most of the reports of hatching came from the main regions of US, Europe, Japan, etc.

Has there been a sample size from areas that aren't any of the regions these Pokemon are exclusive to? Because the middle east and some other regions wouldn't have any Pokemon exclusive to them, so maybe they are all there.

Some people on thesilphroad that are from South-America reported zero regional Pokemon, not even Tauros. It seems like if Niantic don't set a regional Pokemon, you get none. If there was a region somewhere on earth where you could obtain every single regional Pokemon there would be plenty of evidence by now.

I always fear Niantic will screw up and ban people for using these sites, but man typing in every Pokemon manually is so tedious.

L Thammy

Region exclusive Pokemon is such a bad idea, at least until we can trade. It's like Niantic is trying to encourage people to cheat.

BowieZ

Banned
I got two pinsir from my last 2k eggs. So damn disappointed. I had 5 that I caught before that. Didn't need them.
I am yet to get a Pokemon hatch from any other egg class than the ones the charts indicate. How are people getting Pinsirs from 2k eggs etc?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You cannot get region locked Pokemon from eggs. One of my friends claimed you could until I found out he let a friend of his use his account in another country. Everyone who claims to have region Pokemon either is lying or had an odd glitch happen.

BowieZ

Banned
Region exclusive Pokemon is such a bad idea, at least until we can trade. It's like Niantic is trying to encourage people to cheat.
That's so true. "We've designed a game that uses GPS tracking, region-locked rare Pokemon to other continents, we are also fully aware of the easy possibility of GPS spoofing, and are banning anyone who does it." It's entrapment!

Russ T

Banned
I had a dream last night that I opened up pokemon go and it had the most immaculately designed ui and it was perfectly smooth and stylish. I'm talking persona 5 ui here.

Imagine my disappointment when I booted it up for the first time today. ):

I got two pinsir from my last 2k eggs. So damn disappointed. I had 5 that I caught before that. Didn't need them.

Look, not saying you're a liar, but your either mistaken or something weird it's going on with your game.

I've hatched a lot of eggs,

13925250_10155110118763989_1031742663580342814_n.jpg

Two of my friends have hatched over 500 as well. So that's about 1500 eggs that I personally know first hand that have hatched. We've never hatched anything odd like Pokemon that aren't from different egg groups, and we've never hatched region locked. It just doesn't happen. We live in Los Angeles btw

woopWOOP

Uh, so do any of the scanners still work? Think there's a Wartortle close by. Might actually go and get it if I know where to look.

e: Oh, nevermind it's gone already, lol

Chaos17

Gone shopping instead of my walk and unfortunaly no pokespots on the way 。゚(゚∩´﹏`∩゚)゚。

BowieZ

Banned
that's weird,they are still uncommon,i am sure i've seen many people hatching region exclusive in many places.
i was surprised when i hatched Tauros the first time.
BTW,i hatched 100 eggs.

Cpv0crqXgAAMEmH.jpg
100 eggs is nothing lol so, unless you're lying (not definitely saying you are!), I guess the Middle East has all exclusive Pokemon and you got very lucky as well.

Can you perhaps post us screenshots of the 4 regionals' pokedex entries showing "caught 1 seen 1" and the candy being more than 3?

D-Stubbs

So i'm not sure which of these Squirtle's I should evolve into Blastoise. What would you guys suggest? I'm not too familiar with how the IV's work so..

pf95Yyv.png

yQKyjF3.png

L Thammy

Out for groceries. It suddenly started pouring. My car is on the far side of the lot. I'm single, so no one's going to drive it up to the store for me.

"You're going too fast!"

Vipu

Banned
So i'm not sure which of these Squirtle's I should evolve into Blastoise. What would you guys suggest? I'm not too familiar with how the IV's work so..

pf95Yyv.png

yQKyjF3.png

First:
Maximum : 91.1%
Average : 87.4%
Minimum : 84.4%

Second:
Maximum : 68.9%
Average : 51.4%
Minimum : 35.6%

Joni

Went to Brussels where I went to the hotspot with lots of lures, after taking a long walk which lead me to the first 10 KM egg. Immediately bought an Incubator for it, it is at 6,5 KM so I had a good walk. Managed to hatch a 2 KM and almost finished a 5 KM egg in the infinity one. I should have finished the last one, but it is the general problem

It went good catching Pokémon, I got an Alakazam as the main catch. I missed a Dragonite by a couple of seconds because the GPS signal bug bites ass. I also have the feeling the catch rate still sucks on the low-level Pokémon, managed to catch 114 critters but I think I used up about 300 Pokéballs. My backup of balls went from 300 to about 140, despite using the PokéStops all the time. I even used up almost every regular Pokéball which meant I decided to stop catching common Mons. I should not be using 5 Pokéballs on a Weedle on average. It is also a crazy situation where people are running in batches of hundreds all over the city so it is just not the time to get every Pidgey. Managed to catch:

Abra - 1
Alakazam - 1
Caterpie - 5
Charmander - 1
Clefairy - 4
Doduo - 4
Drowzee - 5
Eevee - 11
Fearow - 1
Gastly - 4
Geodude - 2
Horsea - 2
Kakuna - 1
Koffing - 3
Krabby - 4
Magikarp - 2
Mankey - 2
Meowth - 1
Nidoran F - 5
Nidoran M - 3
Oddish - 3
Paras - 2
Pidgey - 17
Rattata - 8
Seel - 1
Shellder - 2
Spearow - 5
Squirtle - 1
Tentacruel - 1
Venomoth - 1
Venonat - 1
Voltorb - 1
Wartortle - 1
Weedle - 8

I need to know this too. Maximum arc means Pokémon cannot be upograded anymore?

It is the level of the Pokémon compared to your current level. If you grow a level, the Pokémon will drop on the curve leaving more room for upgrades.

after my disappointments from my 10k eggs I decided to finally get a venasaur... I spent the last 4 hours farming bulbasaurs and finally got to evolve my egg hatched one that has a pretty good iv...

Screenshot_20160813_102649.png

the icing on the cake was that he has his best moveset

I need to know this too. Maximum arc means Pokémon cannot be upograded anymore?

Correct, although when you level up you can upgrade the Pokemon one or two more times. This holds true until you are max level.

The bar is part "level", and part visualizer of IV's. I say that, because when you compare the two squirtles above the top one is further away from maxing out while costing less stardust to power up - thus you can quickly surmise the difference.

after my disappointments from my 10k eggs I decided to finally get a venasaur... I spent the last 4 hours farming bulbasaurs and finally got to evolve my egg hatched one that has a pretty good iv...

Wish I knew a place to farm Bulbas :T one away from an Ivy finally. Also saw a wild Ivy last night found him used berry/ultra 2 times no go. On my third it was another berry/ultra and got a Great hit and nothing. Then he ran, he is ons of my favorite Pokemon and I think this game knows it lol. One day....

Also my 3rd 10K egg was yet another Eevee.....3/3 lol

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
315 eggs and same no exclusives if anything i think they changed eggs to mostly give you things that are near by you ive been getting the same pokemon from my 5k and 10k eggs nothing random about it

jayhawker

After a very busy week and very little playtime, I finally got a chance to go downtown last night.

Picked up my first Grimer, Slowpoke, and Koffing, none of which I'd seen in the wild before. Got a bunch of other rare stuff for my locale that I had very few of (magmar, vulpix, sandshrew, ponyta, my second charmander, third jigglypuff, and I got a couple Abras).

Very fun night that ended a bit early due to rain. I'm mid level 23 and have 81 caught 84 seen in the dex now. Just need that tracker now.

HardRojo

I have yet to catch a single one, the only one I saw escaped... such is my fate with the starters, 7-8 of the 17 (18 if you include the starter) Charmanders I've seen escaped (I verified with the Pokedex).

Oersted

Mainline Pokemon games are sold out everywhere, Pokemon merch replaces Minecraft and even the spinoffs are selling.

Sun and Moon is going to be funny.

HardRojo

And yet another Charmander escaped after the first break out. Lol and the Pokedex stats are full of shit, it says I've seen 19 and caught 13, no fucking way, it's like 10 that have escaped by now.

jts

...hate me...
So what's the best way of spending time with a Lucky Egg, short of evolving Pokémon?

I think I'm gonna give it a go soon at about 40 evolutions lined up.

It's probably been asked before, but what are the best places to use incenses? I feel like I used one today in the least optimal area. My first one was only slightly better, and I still have 3 more to burn.

I won't be buying these things, but I still want to get the most out of them.

I am very happy after catching a wild Rhyhorn, because Ground/Rock types are super rare in my area. I've been seeing a few Vulpix and Growlithes, but I have no idea where the hell Charmander is. Squirtles are everywhere, and I saw a Bulbasaur silhouette in one of my parks.

The game is fun right now, but my activity will slow down once I get around level 20. I'm level 18.5, and I have actually held down a few gyms. It will be even easier, so that will help towards getting incubators/lucky eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom