• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are 2km eggs more likely to give you the common Pokemon?

Because I've gotten...

4 Caterpie
3 Weedle
3 Magikarp
2 Pidgey
2 Rattata
2 Geodude
1 Zubat
1 Spearow
1 Squirtle
0 Jigglypuff
0 Clefairy
0 Pikachu
0 Bulbasaur
0 Charmander

Oxn

Man i just had a dream, cant really remember what the dream is about, but in it, Lugia appeared and i captured it.

You need to log into the actual Go app itself with the dummy account and accept the TOS. You used to be able to via Pokemon.com, but I think the page is broken. Supposedly you now have to complete the tutorial as well, but I'm not sure if that's true.

-MB-

You need to log into the actual Go app itself with the dummy account and accept the TOS. You used to be able to via Pokemon.com, but I think the page is broken. Supposedly you now have to complete the tutorial as well, but I'm not sure if that's true.

That makes the entire purpose of a dummy account useless, since I already logged into my main account on my sole phone

Are 2km eggs more likely to give you the common Pokemon?

Because I've gotten...

4 Caterpie
3 Weedle
3 Magikarp
2 Pidgey
2 Rattata
2 Geodude
1 Zubat
1 Spearow
1 Squirtle
0 Jigglypuff
0 Clefairy
0 Pikachu
0 Bulbasaur
0 Charmander

Unfortunately, there is definitely a much greater chance of getting the common Pokemon from 2k eggs. I still have yet to hatch any of the 4 starter Pokemon. In general, my luck with eggs has been almost horrendous, although I did hatch 2 Gastly a couple nights ago.

That makes the entire purpose of a dummy account useless, since I already logged into my main account on my sole phone

?

Just log out of your main account, log into your dummy account, accept the TOS/tutorial, and then switch back to your main account. It takes like, a minute.

Man I had no idea Muk was so rare, even acknowledging the data used to compile that list. I was just walking around at work and pretty much ignoring my phone vibrating due to being tired of the typical candy fodder pokemon, but I happened to look down and see a huge purple glob. Caught that 1,010 Muk on the first throw.

I have seen one or two grimers, but that was weeks ago and they fucked my game up.

Caught my first Victreebel with zero hassle while shopping for some running gear today.

28846550732_b89101f4e4_k.jpg

10 cp Pidgeys were harder to catch than this one! XD

Gonna hatch all my eggs and stop hitting Pokestops so the second I land in London I can collect 9 potential Mr Mime eggs.

Gonna be devastated if I get back to Australia with him missing from my dex.

I've been playing in London since launch and I don't know a single person with him.

GL HF

I've been playing in London since launch and I don't know a single person with him.

GL HF
I can imagine that. Taurus, the American region exclusive, seems pretty rare (I only have one myself). Hope you manage to get that Mr. Mime. Region exclusives will be much easier once trading is finally in. I can imagine coordinating trips to international airports to get trades going.

Won't they just be able to detect it is done on the same phone and ban u?

It's technically possible that they could determine your dummy account is in fact a dummy account and then further determine that it was logged into the same device as your primary account. And there's technically a non-zero possibility they could ban you after putting 2 and 2 together, so if you're worried, don't do it. But realistically? They most likely would never bother with it in the first place. At worst the dummy account might get banned, but unless you're running like, 50 of them, I would legitimately be shocked if Niantic bothered to go scorched earth on your ass.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
top 20 seen (been playing for a little over a week):

Zubat 94 (rofl. I work next to a nest)
Weedle 27
Caterpie 17
Pinsir 15
Poliwag 15
Goldeen 14
Nidoran (female) 13
Nidoran (male) 12
Clefairy 11
Staryu 10
Horsea 9
Bulbasaur 7
Krabby 7
Bellsprout 6
Spearow 6
Golbat 5
Ekans 5
Pidgey 5
Kakuna 5
Oddish 4

PSFan

It's technically possible that they could determine your dummy account is in fact a dummy account and then further determine that it was logged into the same device as your primary account. And there's technically a non-zero possibility they could ban you after putting 2 and 2 together, so if you're worried, don't do it. But realistically? They most likely would never bother with it in the first place. At worst the dummy account might get banned, but unless you're running like, 50 of them, I would legitimately be shocked if Niantic bothered to go scorched earth on your ass.

Did they really change it? I set up a dummy PTC account and only logged into the website with it. Never logged into the game but the desktop map app works fine with that account.

BowieZ

Banned
What cp did it have after evolve?
Still haven't evolved yet, I was hoping to check an IV site but pgnexus keeps crashing and not yet familiar with other methods.

I have a few others over 180 which I'm also retaining for now.

I was more so showing off the 1,000 candy lol

Yrael

I caught a Snorlax with a 97% IV and moveset of Lick and Body slam, so is it worth powering up?

I'd say so. Lick + Hyper Beam is better most of the time, but Lick and Body Slam is still great. Snorlax's movesets are pretty fantastic:

So, I should trash my Lick + Body Slam Snorlax, right?
Hold on. Let's talk about another scenario. Remember that from the time it takes to use Hyper Beam once, you can use Body Slam twice, right? What if you attacked enough to generate 150 energy? In this scenario, you can actually use Body Slam three times, but Hyper Beam still only once! Here are the calculations:

So there we go! In this case, Body Slam actually performs better than Hyper Beam. In fact, it does seem like half of the time (before you can use the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc... Body Slam), Hyper Beam is better, and the other half of the time (after you can use the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc... Body Slam), Body Slam is better. While my calculations are simplistic and the true damage formula is more complicated, it's not far off. It's been calculated that for battles lasting 40s or shorter, Body Slam does more damage for 18 of those seconds, which is 45% of the time. After 40s, Hyper Beam does completely dominate, but battles rarely last that long. Therefore, about 45% of the time, Lick + Body Slam actually does more damage than Lick + Hyper Beam.
So, what's the best moveset? I know some of you hate to hear this, but I hope I've convinced you by now that it all depends. With the addition of charged moves into the mix, certain movesets have "peaks" that should be considered over other movesets. Note that DPS and eDPS are both theoretical metrics that assume the battle lasts infinitely, which in practice is not true. Therefore, we truly do need to take them with a grain of salt and consider what is best for your situation. Here's a quick summary:
Offensively, Lick + Hyper Beam is better, but just barely. About 55% of the time, you do more damage with this moveset.
Offensively, Lick + Body Slam is perfectly usable. You will do more damage about 45% of the time for battles under 40s.
Defensively, Zen Headbutt + Hyper Beam is better for challengers that do not dodge.
Defensively, Zen Headbutt + Body Slam is better for challengers that dodge frequently.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...erstanding_dps_and_its_relevance_in_movesets/

Windforce

Noob question: what does the "arc" behind a Pokémon's model in the stats screen is? Is it an indication of how much it can still be powered up, like a "XP" bar?

I'm loving the game!

hirokazu

hatching eggs,i said it before
the first one i got is Tauros.
why people forgetting about them?

oMGdn01.png
Because nobody's ever offered definitive proof that you can hatch region-exclusives outside your own from eggs. If it does happen it seems to be super rare. You'd be the only one I've heard of first-hand hatching one, let alone three.

L.O.R.D

Because nobody's ever offered definitive proof that you can hatch region-exclusives outside your own from eggs. If it does happen it seems to be super rare. You'd be the only one I've heard of first-hand hatching one, let alone three.

that's weird,they are still uncommon,i am sure i've seen many people hatching region exclusive in many places.
i was surprised when i hatched Tauros the first time.
BTW,i hatched 100 eggs.

Cpv0crqXgAAMEmH.jpg

hirokazu

that's weird,they are still uncommon,i am sure i've seen many people hatching region exclusive in many places.
i was surprised when i hatched Tauros the first time.
Sorry, but I'm gonna call it a lie unless you've been account sharing or GPS spoofing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...you_hatched_eggs_great_i_want_you_to_tell_me/

If it actually still is possible, for a 1000 egg sample size to yield zero, the chances of a single person hatching all three is practically zero.

Super rare is an understatement, poeple on /r/TheSilphRoad gathered data about the eggs they hatched and in 40000+ Eggs there were 0 Pokemon from other regions. In all the time the game was out no one could prove that they hatched a exclusive Pokemon from a diffierent region that theirs, so it's pretty safe to say that with the current information and statistics available, everyone claiming it is either a spoofer/cheater or has been on a holiday and obtained the egg there.

PSFan

Super rare is an understatement, poeple on /r/TheSilphRoad gathered data about the eggs they hatched and in 40000+ Eggs there were 0 Pokemon from other regions. In all the time the game was out no one could prove that they hatched a exclusive Pokemon from a diffierent region that theirs, so it's pretty safe to say that with the current information and statistics available, everyone claiming it is either a spoofer/cheater or has been on a holiday and obtained the egg there.

L.O.R.D. says he's from the middle east. I would think most of the reports of hatching came from the main regions of US, Europe, Japan, etc.

Has there been a sample size from areas that aren't any of the regions these Pokemon are exclusive to? Because the middle east and some other regions wouldn't have any Pokemon exclusive to them, so maybe they are all there.

HardRojo

South America has no access to any exclusive Pokémon? So we're missing Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime and whoever else is exclusive? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom