• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
Btw I can confirm that it is possible to hatch an egg and get nothing

Happened Friday night

Game froze while hatching and can 100% confirm egg was gone, incubator was used, and no reward given

Annoying ass bug

Pop

Happened Friday night

Game froze while hatching and can 100% confirm egg was gone, incubator was used, and no reward given

Hasn't happened to me personally but my brother has lost two. I was with him when one just didn't give him anything.

lt519

Ran out of pokeballs ):

Southwest has been great for expanding my pokedex though. Caught a Kabuto and Arcanine yesterday.

Neku89

So, I've been banned for botting on my main account. I mean, I configured PokemonGo-Bot to only check IV (and rename Pokémon accordingly,) and do mass transfers, but a bot is a bot and I kinda deserved the ban... Although I cannot help but feel a little bit salty: the egregious cheaters in my city (lv 36+ with lots of rare Pokémon) are still conquering gyms left and right, and more importantly my own bot is still not banned. :/

Lesson learned I guess, time to start fresh :p

So, I've been banned for botting on my main account. I mean, I configured PokemonGo-Bot to only check IV (and rename Pokémon accordingly,) and do mass transfers, but a bot is a bot and I kinda deserved the ban... Although I cannot help but feel a little bit salty: the egregious cheaters in my city (lv 36+ with lots of rare Pokémon) are still conquering gyms left and right, and more importantly my own bot is still not banned. :/

Lesson learned I guess, time to start fresh :p

How quickly were your Pokemon getting transferred?

zroid

Banned
I encountered a more fun bug this morning, was executing a charge attack on one of my Pokémon while it had really low HP, before it triggered it fainted and was swapped with my Snorlax, and it immediately used Hyper Beam without charging. :lol

john tv

Talking about impossibilities, my friend named his first Eevee as Rainy and it turned into a Jolteon.

He was angry as fuck and I saw it with my own eyes.
BZNggLB.jpg

→

QYDX0uZ.jpg

L Thammy

I encountered a more fun bug this morning, was executing a charge attack on one of my Pokémon while it had really low HP, before it triggered it fainted and was swapped with my Snorlax, and it immediately used Hyper Beam without charging. :lol

Had the exact same experience, also with a Snorlax and Hyper Beam.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hasn't happened to me personally but my brother has lost two. I was with him when one just didn't give him anything.

Happened Friday night

Annoying ass bug
that's terrible, but it reminded me of this

CpnUFkPXgAA-Nzs

Micapo

so now all the silly region stuff is settled i'd like to change the direction of the topic on to a happier note!

how much have you currently spent on pokemon go?

currently i havent, but im starting to crack and want to buy some egg incubators.

Haven't spent anything yet. I'm lvl 20 and been walking quite a bit so those incubators are tempting... but won't fork out any money 'til they have a better way to track mons. The roll-out in SF seemed pretty good though.

Then don't lie.
Not lying, if it was on a ps4 we would of recorded it and proved it.
But there is no way of proving it other than screen shots.
Even then you will not belive it and make up insane reasons why it is not real.
It's real.
It happened.
Do I care if you belive me? Not really.
Was it a bug or a glitch? Maybe.. but it happened.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

currently i havent, but im starting to crack and want to buy incubators .
So far still -$7.99.

I do crave incubators though.

Once some form of actual tracker exists again I will probably drop them some cash.

lt519

$10 Google Rewards and $25 of my own. Mostly all on incubators so I could have 3-4 going at a time and some lures while we've been sitting outside having a drink. Spent $5 on Pokeballs once but probably won't do that again, not worth it when you can physically miss throws and then Pokemon escaping can seemingly be random.

Never used micro transactions in another game but I've felt it's pretty good value outside of the cost of pokeballs as they could be exploited since it's tied to catch chance. More entertainment out of this game then some full $60 releases.

adamy

Banned
Not lying, if it was on a ps4 we would of recorded it and proved it.
But there is no way of proving it other than screen shots.
Even then you will not belive it and make up insane reasons why it is not real.
It's real.
It happened.
Do I care if you belive me? Not really.
Was it a bug or a glitch? Maybe.. but it happened.

unless you're literally watching your friend play pokemon go 24/7, your friend easily could have used GPS spoofing to acquire an out of region egg

or used account sharing

etc.

so now all the silly region stuff is settled i'd like to change the direction of the topic on to a happier note!

currently i havent, but im starting to crack and want to buy some egg incubators.
About £35, 25 for me and 10 for the woman.
First 15 was just balls as where I live it was near on impossible else, everything else has been for my eggs.
unless you're literally watching your friend play pokemon go 24/7, your friend easily could have used GPS spoofing to acquire an out of region egg

or used account sharing

etc.
Known him since he was born (my mates kid) and he is far from like that, this is the lad that messages me at 1 in the morning that a snorlax is near by and we are both running around in the dark in boxers trying to find him (he got him the bastard)
Dead set against cheating on any level, would not even buy FF7 on steam because of the win button.
I know you all have no reason to belive us and will doubt it, I do not know you guys and you do not know us and it easy to just think "full of shit" but naa it happened.
Really wish there was a way to prove it :( not for people to belive us but to prove the nay sayers wrong

adamy

Banned
Known him since he was born (my mates kid) and he is far from like that, this is the lad that messages me at 1 in the morning that a snorlax is near by and we are both running around in the dark in boxers trying to find him (he got him the bastard)
Dead set against cheating on any level, would not even buy FF7 on steam because of the win button.
I know you all have no reason to belive us and will doubt it, I do not know you guys and you do not know us and it easy to just think "full of shit" but naa it happened.
Really wish there was a way to prove it :( not for people to belive us but to prove the nay sayers wrong

the point is, given that you didn't actually witness him acquire the egg that hatched the tauros, you personally have no way of confirming how he got it.

and as such, you have no evidence that it is possible to legit hatch region locked pokemon. witnessing it actually hatching means zero unless you can confirm how the egg was acquired.

this might blow your mind, but people lie. even people you've known your whole life.

when given the data that currently exists on this vs. the possibility that a human being is lying, yeah odds are he is lying.

pringles

Happened Friday night

Annoying ass bug
In my experience the hatching animation has nothing to do with actually getting the pokemon. Did you check your recent pokemon to make sure you didn't get it? Must be insanely rare a glitch because the game is good about not losing progress if the game freezes.

adamy

Banned
In my experience the hatching animation has nothing to do with actually getting the pokemon. Did you check your recent pokemon to make sure you didn't get it? Must be insanely rare a glitch because the game is good about not losing progress if the game freezes.

yes, checked all recently caught pokemon in the past hour of when it hatched.

EVERY single one matched the ones caught in my journal exactly, I even compared the exact CP.

usually when the animation fucks up I check recently caught and it's there, but this 1 time it wasn't there

i've hatched about 300 eggs and this is the first time it's happened, or at least the first time i noticed it

i was very surprised

Happened Friday night

Annoying ass bug

As another poster asked a little above, did you check your recent Pokemon and journal?

I have had it look like my egg has done nothing but have had the Pokemon save - it may end up being ok?

Edit: too slow but that sucks!

Got a porygon today which is cool! Went past a Muk on a bus but couldn't get out to hunt it down which is shame!

116 Pokemon down!

Durden77

Why the hell is Onix so weak?

I have one with 97% IVs that's bar is almost maxed out at 485CP. I'm level 22. The fuck.

He's one of my favorites. This sucks.

WPS

Why the hell is Onix so weak?

I have one with 97% IVs that's bar is almost maxed out at 485CP. I'm level 22. The fuck.

He's one of my favorites. This sucks.

I hate to break it to you, but Onix has always sucked.

It has less base HP then Weedle, less base Attack than Oddish (nearly half that of Geodude) and less Special Defense than Psyduck. It has amazing defense and absolutely nothing else.

Acinixys

I hate to break it to you, but Onix has always sucked.

It has less base HP then Weedle, less base Attack than Oddish (nearly half that of Geodude) and less Special Defense than Psyduck. It has amazing defense and absolutely nothing else.

Ash beats Brocks Onix with a Pikachu

Just sayin

so apparently the Pokestop item drop ratio is 70% Pokéballs, 12.5% potions, 8.5% revive, 9% berries. the breakdown of the types of balls and potions depends on level aka which types you have unlocked. I'm assuming something like max potion for me is like 1 out of every hundred items then. I feel like I can't fight gyms :(

jotun?

Wife and I just both caught our first Snorlax, and it's only one DEF point off of being perfect. Too bad it's only level 16 (we're both 22) and getting candy for it is going to be so damn rare.

Gandalf

Wife and I just both caught our first Snorlax, and it's only one DEF point off of being perfect. Too bad it's only level 16 (we're both 22) and getting candy for it is going to be so damn rare.

Nice catch still. I've only ever seen and caught 1, and it was 42cp lol

PSFan

Stupid Grimmer is crashing the app every time it appears. :(

Yep, my nephew hatched one today and it crashed his app as well. He has the Grimer but can't look at it, not even the Pokedex entry.

Does this happen on all android phones or just some of them? And is it possible for Niantic to fix it?

so apparently the Pokestop item drop ratio is 70% Pokéballs, 12.5% potions, 8.5% revive, 9% berries. the breakdown of the types of balls and potions depends on level aka which types you have unlocked. I'm assuming something like max potion for me is like 1 out of every hundred items then. I feel like I can't fight gyms :(

What about eggs? They have to figure into that ratio as well.

bleh, the guy in the video didn't mention that, hopefully I can comment on the video and he may answer it.

also, I feel so city privileged...there is a pokestop 250 feet from my house and the reason I hardly ever go to it is because I don't want my neighbors looking at the weird guy walking 4 houses down every 5 minutes.

Drain You

Yep, my nephew hatched one today and it crashed his app as well. He has the Grimer but can't look at it, not even the Pokedex entry.

Does this happen on all android phones or just some of them? And is it possible for Niantic to fix it?

I can look at my Grimer on android (Blackberry Priv) Works fine on my gf's android also Galaxy J3 or something

Quonny

Well, got banned.

Game was fun for the first couple days but after that it was garbage to anyone in the country. I caught 22 new Pokemon in two hours botting at normal walking speed and only catching Pokemon every 20 seconds in Chicago. In two weeks of pretty heavy legit play in my area I caught 41 Pokemon total.

Maybe I'll come back if they ever make it not dog dookie to us ruralfolk or actually make the game part fun. Still interested in the game from a meta-stance, though.

WedgeX

Banned
Well, got banned.

Game was fun for the first couple days but after that it was garbage to anyone in the country. I caught 22 new Pokemon in two hours botting at normal walking speed and only catching Pokemon every 20 seconds in Chicago. In two weeks of pretty heavy legit play in my area I caught 41 Pokemon total.

Maybe I'll come back if they ever make it not dog dookie to us ruralfolk or actually make the game part fun. Still interested in the game from a meta-stance, though.

I spent two weeks in Michigan in various densities and I guess it's time I share my observations.

To start with, I now live in a city with >600 000 people have three poke stops within a block of me, but have no spawns of Pokemon on my street/block. Being an incredible walking city really helps, however. Poor diversity of Pokemon (doduos erryday) prior to the update but amazing diversity now.

Spent six days in the suburbs <80 000 people, an apartment complex to be precise. At least three Pokemon spawned every 30 minutes where I did not have to leave the apartment. Poke stops were usually about a mile apart. Except at parks, then there were at least three poke stops. Quite diverse.

Spent five days in a rural community <2500, had two Pokemon that would spawn about every thirty minutes. There were five poke stops within a half mile of where I stayed and four gyms total within the town.

Stayed two days in a state park where the town surrounding it was <3000. Low diversity in the town but we only drove through. Sadly exactly zero Pokemon in the park, no stops not gyms. Great for hatching eggs though.

Highways, both urban and rural, provided no Pokemon. Rest stops, however, were typically well populated and had gyms/stops.

This game really should start a conversation about the communities we want to live in that are walkable, safe and welcoming for people walking outside. Instead I feel like maybe some will complain until they can catch innumerable Pokemon from their couches.

jotun?

also, I feel so city privileged...there is a pokestop 250 feet from my house and the reason I hardly ever go to it is because I don't want my neighbors looking at the weird guy walking 4 houses down every 5 minutes.

Well, got banned.Game was fun for the first couple days but after that it was garbage to anyone in the country. I caught 22 new Pokemon in two hours botting at normal walking speed and only catching Pokemon every 20 seconds in Chicago. In two weeks of pretty heavy legit play in my area I caught 41 Pokemon total.

I started playing in Japan where there was stuff everywhere, and I could almost constantly be catching something or hitting pokestops, or clearing out my inventory because of the infinite flow of items.

Coming back to Austin suburbs, not even what anyone would call rural, it's a night and day difference. Instead of being able to hit three pokestops and catch a bunch of stuff from a hotel room, now I would have to walk a mile to hit a single pokestop, and probably another mile to find a second. Basically it's now a game that requires driving around instead of walking.

They should provide a minimum universal spawn rate and populate all roadsides with some baseline density of generic pokestops so that it could be playable anywhere. Still better in more populated areas, just not unplayable outside them.

adamy

Banned
Well, got banned.

Only?

I admit I was clumsy but that do not justify over reacting reaction from them , they did not tried to engage a civil conversation like you're doing with me and like did the other person here also. They directly insulted me like I was supporting rape (got 10+ hate messages) while I only gave just a cliché advice that police give (not stay out too late at night). I never implied anything like you explained in the first paragraph. Really, I just tweeted once to that girl.

It never occured to me that people would badly receive that cliché advice so badly.

I do not try to justify myself, I admit I made a clumsy mistake (that happen) and learned my lesson like I said earlier.
So thank you to not have insulted me like them and threated me like a normal person :)

Hey man, no worries, I'm glad I could shed some light on how other people might feel about what you said. Sometimes people are just jerks, and sometimes people really have explained this patiently to others so many times that they're sick of having to do it again. For people who genuinely just said something they didn't understand could be taken badly, it's always worth the time to reach out and explain gently what they did wrong, but people are people and sometimes they have only so much patience or capacity for empathy. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just part of who we are. I try to fill in where I can when that happens, in the hopes that other people will fill in for me when I'm feeling really pissy and not in the mood to explain why some random off-the-cuff statement they made pissed me off or was really not cool or whatever.

ANYWAYS back to Pokemon: so I did the incense experiment on the highway this morning. Don't do this! It turns out Reddit and GAF were right and you really can't catch Pokemon above a certain speed. It's kind of hilarious to watch, though:

SlzzMmLl.png

But also, my pokemon weren't particularly rare, so it seems like my highway isn't distant enough from civilization to qualify. The second incense I used out in the countryside was only marginally better, and then I lost reception and wasted most of my incense time. The amount of work it would take for me to really take advantage of incense versus someone who already lives in a sparsely populated area is pretty high. I probably won't bother with it again, but it's interesting that this might be the one and only mechanic that actually helps rural players more than urban ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom