• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

Is there a way to alert them of a cheater? I have a level 40 at a local community college.

In the Pokemon Go app's menu, there is an option to "Report High Priority Issue". Tap on that then select "Report Inappropriate Trainer Behaviour" (possibly "Report Inappropriate Gameplay").

Fill in the details and hope they check it out.

dity

In the Pokemon Go app's menu, there is an option to "Report High Priority Issue". Tap on that then select "Report Inappropriate Trainer Behaviour" (possibly "Report Inappropriate Gameplay").

Fill in the details and hope they check it out.
Can you add screenshots via that method? Because if you do it via the Pokemon Go support site you can.

Chaos17

Don't avoid women on twitter... Just treat it as a learning experience.
Though If you're thinking about how bad it is to receive harassment for doing something you didn't mean to be bad, imagine how it feels like to be a woman on the internet and basically get harassed for existing

I will, I decided to avoid high risky topic with women (cause too clumsy) but still help them with game :)
Thanks for threating me as a normal person.

Don't worry, I'm also victim of harassement and discrimination (ex:for the color of my skin) yet I don't bash someone for just 1 sentence said. That's what bothered me, the over reaction.

acm2000

What's with the 10cp bug? Caught a meowth and a metapod, both 10cp, 10cp meowth doesn't it exist according to goanalizer and the metapod ranks at 100%

Chaos17

4 pm... *check temperature*
I might be able to live under that heat, time to go for my walk and change my ideas so I will remove that bitter taste in my mouth.

I hope I will see some nice pokemons!

pudQOYY.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58280028

Chinner

Banned
Think I've got to the point with this game where I've peaked. It's a shame as I really wanted a blastoise. Hopefully they'll make significant changes soon.

Lexxism

I have 3 Dragonites now. (Thanks, South Brisbane!)

All have fucking Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw.

I've had the worst luck with egg hatching and evolved moves :(
That's not worst luck. You got the best move set. Having dragon breath and dragon claw is the best thing to have on your Dragonite :)

Up to 80 Dratini candies myself, best one I have though is the one I hatched which is 80% IVs. It has 15 attack though so I might evolve it if I haven't found a better one when I reach 125 candy, but idk.

JoeM86

Anyone in San Francisco know if there are any good spots to get Tauros?

Going to America this week and so want to pick up a dozen Tauros for friends for when trades open up.

BowieZ

Banned
I don't really care much about people claiming they got region exclusive from different region eggs as none of them have actually provided any real proof to support that claim. You seem to be right about Mr. Mime being the only one hatching from a 10K egg though. Weird that they're separated like that. I was under the impression they were grouped together.
Ahh my mistake as well. I thought Mr Mime AND Kangaskhan were 10k. The latter seems "big" enough to be 10k lol.

But yeah, no Mr Mime from any 10k nor Tauros or Farfetch'd from any of my 100+ 5k's.

Lexxism

What?? lol I thought they were meant to have Hyper Beam? Isn't that 120 damage or whatever?
Yeah, but dragon claw gets more DPS than hyper beam since it has STAB on it. It increases the attack by 25% (if the move has the same type of pokemon) which makes it way better than hyper beam. Based on what I read, the number is 27.3 (dragon claw) vs 24 (hyper beam) with STAB on it.

I hope the data I saw is correct lol but yeah dragon claw/dragon breath is definitely the best attack for dragonite

Yrael

Huh. I got a second 10 km egg very shortly after hatching my first one. This is after a month of not getting any 10 km eggs at all.

Fine, I'll bite. Assuming you really don't know the difference: telling someone not to drive while drunk makes some sense because being drunk impairs your ability to drive, and if you cause an accident while impaired, it's very likely your fault. Telling someone not to go out at night to avoid harassment is like telling someone not to wear revealing clothing to avoid rape: not only is it not the victim's fault if they're attacked while out at night, it's also ineffective as advice because people can be harassed at any time of day. All you're doing by telling someone not to play at night is putting the onus on the victim not to get attacked, which is backwards.

The reason you got piled on is probably because this has to be explained to people so much that some people are probably sick and tired of explaining it, even assuming you had good intentions (which are damned hard to figure out based on a random tweet from a stranger). If you genuinely meant well, hopefully you have an idea now of why that advice might not be appreciated.

I'll stop there. About to embark on a short road trip, might try the incense trick once I get into the more suburban areas to see if any rares show up!

Yep. (Sorry, I don't meant to dogpile you Chaos17 and understand you had good intentions, I just very much agree with the above.)

How frustrating, all Pokemon run away from me now. Even stupid 59cp ones!

I'm getting frustrated with this too. I'm dreading finding a rare Pokemon like a Dragonite only to have it run away after a single Ultra ball throw.

What?? lol I thought they were meant to have Hyper Beam? Isn't that 120 damage or whatever?

Dragon Claw is great on Dragonite because it gets STAB. (Ultimately the difference between Dragon Claw and Hyper Beam on Dragonite is very marginal though - both are fantastic to have.)

BowieZ

Banned
Yeah, but dragon claw gets more DPS than hyper beam since it has STAB on it. It increases the attack by 25% (if the move has the same type of pokemon) which makes it way better than hyper beam. Based on what I read, the number is 27.3 (dragon claw) vs 24 (hyper beam) with STAB on it.

Thank you for the info. That's great fucking news lol. My third Dragonite evolved straight to 2880-ish. She's my new best bud ;-)

I'm hoping that just outside where I live has become a rare Pokemon spawn point. There was a Kabutops, Gengar and Butterfree in the same place 3 hours apart.

Lexxism

Thank you for the info. That's great fucking news lol. My third Dragonite evolved straight to 2880-ish. She's my new best bud ;-)
See. You don't have a worst luck. Good thing you didn't transfer it when you were frustrated when it only has dragon claw lol

Jarsonot

Level 22. Seen 1 Charmander, 3 Squirtles, and 0 bulbasaur.
(And none of their evolutions)

Not feeling confident in my ability to complete the 'dex at this rate. =(

GulAtiCa

Finally found a Growlithe with a good IV. About 88%. Evolved it into an Arcanine! And got moves of Bite & Bulldoze...

Oh well. won't take me that long to get another couple Growlithes and try again.

Gandalf

Magikarp 97% IV,it was 35CP when i cough him.

now he is a fucking Gyarados.

i used an IV calculator for android,it looks safe enough because it doesn't need sign in.

edit:i've made a big mistake,i just noticed his attacks are pretty lame.

I don't want it to turn into a witch hunt... But are you going to keep ignoring BowieZ? He asked you to provide proof of your regional Pokemon being hatched.

BowieZ

Banned

Hey LORD can you please post proof of your region exclusive hatches?

The 'Dex entry and stat screen for each.

Just to finally prove it's possible! (In the Middle East, at least!)

Edit: beaten lol

It's not a witch hunt to me lol I just want to come closer to knowing whether I'm gonna ever be able to complete my 'Dex (without trading I guess).

PMS341

now he is a fucking Gyarados.

i used an IV calculator for android,it looks safe enough because it doesn't need sign in.

My 100% IV gyarados has the same moveset. Ugh.

I feel like the last update made it a lot less accurate. But, to answer your question, it uses GPS but doesn't constantly track you - it pings the GPS every now and then and does a straight line from where you were the last ping to where you are now. Like someone said, if you zig zag a lot, you're gonna have a bad time.
I wish there was a setting that let you increase the GPS pinging, even if it drains battery further. Actually, I just wish there were a lot more customization settings like that. I'm sure there are things they could improve but aren't due to the drain on battery.

Damn, that sucks, that's kinda what I suspected.

When I'm walking it only seems to update the distance I've supposedly travelled every 3-5 minutes.

If that's the case though, how does it know when you're travelling too fast?
Like if I drove in a straight line from point A to B in less time than it pings.

Gandalf

Hey LORD can you please post proof of your region exclusive hatches?

The 'Dex entry and stat screen for each.

Just to finally prove it's possible! (In the Middle East, at least!)

Edit: beaten lol

It's not a witch hunt to me lol I just want to come closer to knowing whether I'm gonna ever be able to complete my 'Dex (without trading I guess).

I don't see it as a witch hunt yet either don't worry. I am however very sceptical that he did actually hatch them. But I'm happy to be proven wrong, as I'd love to get a Tauros and Kangaskhan through hatching eventually.

zroid

Banned
Is the Grimer glitch caused by its dripping animation? I thought that was cool when I saw it, but if it's making people's games crash, that's too bad.

L.O.R.D

I don't want it to turn into a witch hunt... But are you going to keep ignoring BowieZ? He asked you to provide proof of your regional Pokemon being hatched.

no,sorry
i don't have a proof.
but i did give my google account to several of my friends one who live in Australia and one in US and one in Sweden and one in china,so i think the eggs come from there.
but all the exclusive hatched from eggs 100% on my side.

Chaos17

Came back from my walk, didn't get good Pokemon but at least I refilled a bit my pokeballs but it was a bit too hot to stay more than 1 hour out

Fine, I'll bite. Assuming you really don't know the difference: telling someone not to drive while drunk makes some sense because being drunk impairs your ability to drive, and if you cause an accident while impaired, it's very likely your fault. Telling someone not to go out at night to avoid harassment is like telling someone not to wear revealing clothing to avoid rape: not only is it not the victim's fault if they're attacked while out at night, it's also ineffective as advice because people can be harassed at any time of day. All you're doing by telling someone not to play at night is putting the onus on the victim not to get attacked, which is backwards.

The reason you got piled on is probably because this has to be explained to people so much that some people are probably sick and tired of explaining it, even assuming you had good intentions (which are damned hard to figure out based on a random tweet from a stranger). If you genuinely meant well, hopefully you have an idea now of why that advice might not be appreciated.

I'll stop there. About to embark on a short road trip, might try the incense trick once I get into the more suburban areas to see if any rares show up!

I admit I was clumsy but that do not justify over reacting reaction from them , they did not tried to engage a civil conversation like you're doing with me and like did the other person here also. They directly insulted me like I was supporting rape (got 10+ hate messages) while I only gave just a cliché advice that police give (not stay out too late at night). I never implied anything like you explained in the first paragraph. Really, I just tweeted once to that girl.

It never occured to me that people would badly receive that cliché advice so badly.

I do not try to justify myself, I admit I made a clumsy mistake (that happen) and learned my lesson like I said earlier.
So thank you to not have insulted me like them and threated me like a normal person :)

PSFan

I hope the data I saw is correct lol but yeah dragon claw/dragon breath is definitely the best attack for dragonite

According to everything I've seen, Hyper Beam has slightly more DPS than Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam has 24 and Dragon Claw has 23.33,

Here's a list from Eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-movesets-move-list-and-highest-dps-attacks

BowieZ

Banned
no,sorry
i don't have a proof.
but i did give my google account to several of my friends one who live in Australia and one in US and one in Sweden and one in china,so i think the eggs come from there.
but all the exclusive hatched from eggs 100% on my side.
Why did you do that?

And I'm a little confused. So you got Tauros, Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd from eggs, and Mr Mime from a local mall? Or an egg? And why did you give your account to other people (let alone one in each region that has the exclusive Pokemon)?

Fisty

Awesome hunt at Long Beach Pier last night, probably the best poke spot in the world (way better than Santa Monica Pier imo). Was there for about 4 hours, caught around 130 mons including a Grimer (wifes phone was android, i felt so bad), a 91% dratini and a 97% magikarp. Other highlights included 2 bulbasaurs, a Lapras that we just missed, and some Seel hijinks.

Nothing beats seeing a crowd of around 400 people marching across shoreline drive and blocking traffic to grab a grimer, pretty cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom