• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
So is the egg distance tracker completely broken now? I felt like it was reasonably accurate at one point, but at the very least I can say for sure right now it's only logging a small fraction of my distance walked. And that's with even with power saver mode disabled. A 2K egg probably took 3-4 times as much distance for me, and near 2 hours of almost continuous walking logged maybe 3K towards a 10K egg.

i find that it works well if you're moving very slow in a pretty straight line

deviate from that and there are for sure issues

better than it used to be, but yeah i think there are still problems

Accidentally evolved my 64cp Bulbasaur instead of transferring it... :( now I need 25 more Candies again to get Venusaur.... Ugh

i've made this mistake several times in the past but how is this still possible given the new interface?

you literally have to click a separate a button in the corner of the screen to access the option to transfer, select the transfer option, then click a pop up confirming you want to transfer

can't say i really feel bad for you. they've done more than enough to prevent accidental transfers

Azole

Neo Member
i've made this mistake several times in the past but how is this still possible given the new interface?

you literally have to click a separate a button in the corner of the screen to access the option to transfer, select the transfer option, then click a pop up confirming you want to transfer

can't say i really feel bad for you. they've done more than enough to prevent accidental transfers

Still happens when doing fast mass transferring.

ciD_Vain

i find that it works well if you're moving very slow in a pretty straight line

deviate from that and there are for sure issues

better than it used to be, but yeah i think there are still problems

It was at the tail end of my lucky egg mass evolving. I had just finished evolving all my pidgeys and other useless pokemon and decided it was time to finally evolve my Ivysaur. I clicked on Bulba to transfer it for the candy and by habit, I accidentally pressed evolve and confirmed.

BowieZ

Banned
Bah I just spent 20 mins building up a level 5 gym (and it became level 7 for some reason?) and two school kid dickheads stole my spots due to the slow victory animation.

And also just hatched another cocksucking Eevee from a 10k.

It's been all eevees and pinsirs, plus a scyther dratini and Magmar which are all useless to me :.(

rc213

So is the egg distance tracker completely broken now? I felt like it was reasonably accurate at one point, but at the very least I can say for sure right now it's only logging a small fraction of my distance walked. And that's with even with power saver mode disabled. A 2K egg probably took 3-4 times as much distance for me, and near 2 hours of almost continuous walking logged maybe 3K towards a 10K egg.

I think it's completely broken.

Yes and yes

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Continuing my real-life Pokemon adventures... last week I was at Santa Fe, New Mexico filling up on rock and fire Pokemon. Yesterday I went to Bellevue Park near Seattle to check out the legendary Pokemon scene there. Everyday there is a huge crowd of people playing and roaming around the park. I was told it's the best place to play in Seattle and I can see why. Really unbelievable atmosphere, this is how PoGo was meant to be played. I filmed some footage; if nothing else check out 2:10 for a Dragonite stampede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcY0iwntmI

6ZYIokT.jpg

pbsapeer

Banned
Got a star-u from a 5k egg which I am pleased with. Living rurally doesn't half make you grateful for the eggs.
Speaking of which, they literally give them away now. I've only ever had 9 full egg slots once and that was after visiting a city with my friend hitting all the pokestops in the car. There are 3 on the route I run most days and all I used to get was pokeballs. Now I get eggs every time. I'm glad for this though as it gives me incentive to keep playing.

Platy

Continuing my real-life Pokemon adventures... last week I was at Santa Fe, New Mexico filling up on rock and fire Pokemon. Yesterday I went to Bellevue Park near Seattle to check out the legendary Pokemon scene there. Everyday there is a huge crowd of people playing and roaming around the park. I was told it's the best place to play in Seattle and I can see why. Really unbelievable atmosphere, this is how PoGo was meant to be played. I filmed some footage; if nothing else check out 2:10 for a Dragonite stampede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcY0iwntmI

I absolutly love how DIVERSE is that crowd

zulux21

Is the new tracking system up worldwide or is there some nuance to the grass system I don't know about?

it's not up everywhere.
might still just be the one area.

but easy way to check is if you click on the pokemon in your sightings a pop up should appear saying something I can't remember if you have it. if you don't have it then it won't do anything at all.

Ugh

Load up the game and there is a ghastly in my house, runs away after one attempt

I see a silhouette of a Victreebel nearby, check pokemon nearby and it's not listed, disappears off my list a few seconds later

:(

Is the new tracking system up worldwide or is there some nuance to the grass system I don't know about?

It is, I believe, to differentiate Pokemon in tall grass from those on the Nearby Pokestops, although the latter is only available (I believe) in San Francisco as they are basically Beta testing the feature.

Even if Niantic decides to not roll out the Nearby Pokemon feature, the new sightings UI looks more appealing.

Have had a Kabuto on my nearby the last two times I've been to my parents house. Never seen one before now.

Might have to move back in.

Anyway off to the airport, going to go catch a Mr Mime
and maybe do some tourist stuff I guess.

Yesterday marked the second time I saw a Tentacool in the wild and the first time my wife saw one, we both caught it, and 30 minutes later there was another one. Is it only me, or is variety going up? Cause over the weekend there were less ratata and pdigeys around and more Eevees and Jigglypuffs

Chaos17

You need to walk in straight lines, that stupid gps doesn't like curve.
They tested it on Reddit many time and that's why a pedometer will have been more suited for eggs.

Yesterday marked the second time I saw a Tentacool in the wild and the first time my wife saw one, we both caught it, and 30 minutes later there was another one. Is it only me, or is variety going up? Cause over the weekend there were less ratata and pdigeys around and more Eevees and Jigglypuffs

It's not just you. Near my house was usually rats and wheedle but I've had pinser, jiggly, and koffing pop up

BowieZ

Banned
It's not just you. Near my house was usually rats and wheedle but I've had pinser, jiggly, and koffing pop up
Indeed, same here (suburban Australia). I think they realised how extreme (and boring) the level of vermin was, and took steps to make it more interesting.

jelmerjt

This Eevee evolved into Jolteon... (used the nickname trick before) xD

akfNgWY.jpg

cVKRSTK.png

It doesn't have Thunder, but at least it didn't get Discharge. Hopefully this Pokemon does well against water types.

Too bad the Eevee didn't evolve into Vaporeon. 33% chance from now on, ouch. Oh well, at least I have a decent Vaporeon. Plus has the right moves... :p

XBkhKxj.jpg

YW9QEZO.png

Kuros

You need to walk in straight lines, that stupid gps doesn't like curve.
They tested it on Reddit many time and that's why a pedometer will have been more suited for eggs.

It's especially stupid as if I leave the screen on in my pocket and go for a walk Google fit tracks the walk exactly to +/-10 metres where as Pokemon go will only have tracked about half the distance travelled.

It's getting the same data for gods sake.

KiDdYoNe

Not sure about the info and wanted to confirm. Wild pokemon caps at your lvl 40?

Say, from egg you won't get anything better then lvl 20 pokemon. Will I still get better pokemon on character lvl 31 then on lvl 30, or lvl 30 is the thing and you can just look up the stats of max CP and decide if you want to keep it or keep searching for another one?

Sorry for the bad language.

Toki767

Steps make way more sense for egg hatching since that's how it was in the game.

That said, I guess they didn't want people to simply shake their phones.

unrealist

For Android users, do I have to keep my screen on and app on for the walking distance to be counted?

Or can I switch off the display and put the phone in my pocket / bag?

Toki767

For Android users, do I have to keep my screen on and app on for the walking distance to be counted?

Or can I switch off the display and put the phone in my pocket / bag?

It needs to be on with the screen being on. Battery saver mode does not prevent the screen from turning off either so if you have something like a Samsung phone, it won't stay permanently on and will turn off in like 10 minutes max.

cHinzo

Not sure about the info and wanted to confirm. Wild pokemon caps at your lvl 40?

Say, from egg you won't get anything better then lvl 20 pokemon. Will I still get better pokemon on character lvl 31 then on lvl 30, or lvl 30 is the thing and you can just look up the stats of max CP and decide if you want to keep it or keep searching for another one?

Sorry for the bad language.
Eggs have a lvl 20 cap, while pokemons you catch in the wild have cap at lvl 30. You won't find lvl 40 pokemons in the wild even if you are 40 iirc.

Chaos17

Screen needs to be on.

Yup, worse thing ever -.-'

Use an app from the store called Wakey.
Didn't knew this kind of app exist, thanks for the tip!

Steps make way more sense for egg hatching since that's how it was in the game.

That said, I guess they didn't want people to simply shake their phones.

0d55670ffae18bbfc82c4a5722bdbcb0_large.gif

Well, people will always find a way I guess, I mean I saw meople attach their phone to their ceiling fan to attach eggs, lol
Still, I prefer pedometer for eggs XD

jts

...hate me...
That awkward moment when you've been saving up evolutions but are not quite done yet and then you accidentally use a lucky egg while you're out and about...

Had to chase the moment I guess. Level 20 now and well into it. A handful of new entries too.

That awkward moment when you've been saving up evolutions but are not quite done yet and then you accidentally use a lucky egg while you're out and about...

Shit is annoying af. I'm glad I ran out of them, now I just spend 80 coins on shop whenever I need one and use it immediately.

Par Score

Yes...and it will get harder :p

I thought it was still bugged?

They released a statement saying "Trainers, a new bug affecting throw accuracy increases the odds of escape and omits the XP bonus. We are working on a fix, stay tuned..." but only ever said they'd fixed the XP in the next patch notes.

8bit

Knows the Score
Have been idly waiting for one last Magikarp as I was on 397 candies, one popped up and I headed towards the fountain as they tend to be around there. On the way a Gyrados appears.

He's rubbish though, but I couldn't believe the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom