• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw down that incense and get some rares! https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4xecrp/incense_how_to_get_rare_pokemons/

EDIT:

And this is a pretty damn good sand castle from some Long Beach competition, but omg Pikachu's face!

ED6hyK3l.jpg

The idea is phenomenal, but Pikachu's face....is something different for sure :D
Thats almost avatar worthy^^

Joni

Went to Brussels, where I found a VENOSAUR. Good one even at 1230 CP. And it escaped... Eight Berry-Ultra Ball combinations weren't good enough.

Sh0k

Yesterday marked the second time I saw a Tentacool in the wild and the first time my wife saw one, we both caught it, and 30 minutes later there was another one. Is it only me, or is variety going up? Cause over the weekend there were less ratata and pdigeys around and more Eevees and Jigglypuffs

By my neighborhood is the usual Pidgey, Rattata, Eevee and sometimes Bulbasaur. Yesterday we found a Venosaur, Grimer, Machop and Ghastly so I guess something is going on with the variety.

It was a great weekend for new catches for me :)

Only evolution was Wigglytuff. Lots of awesome stuff showed up in my area this weekend.

So SO happy about that Ivysaur. Aslo caught a second Wartortle, glad to have him so I can evolve a Blastoise a little cheaper.

GulAtiCa

My brother said there were no Pokemon at the Atlanta Airport either. Tons of pokestops though. He used some lures and apparently got a lot of Duduo to evolve them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Early monday Aerodactyl, aw yes. Didn't even have to search for it since it showed up close to two pokestops near the office.

I really wish they had some kind of events and lore going on

Would be pretty cool if one week they had a blog post about a bunch of wild aeeodactyl appearing and for that week you had a slightly higher chance of encountering one

I can't explain this in a way that won't sound kind of lame but im sure they could dress it up into a story somehow

Would be pretty cool if one week they had a blog post about a bunch of wild aeeodactyl appearing and for that week you had a slightly higher chance of encountering one

I can't explain this in a way that won't sound kind of lame but im sure they could dress it up into a story somehow

I like that idea actually. Now I want to see a Pikachu Invasion week.

Jintor

Actually I'm a bit surprised they straight up say "a" Pokemon appears when they already had swarm mechanics in previous games.

I wonder if go will ever be acknowledged by the "canon" stuff

Does anyone know good spots near Düsseldorf airport? I have a 5 hour layover there next saturday.

Also, has anyone observed that sometimes when you fight Pokemon in a gym they don't die immediately when they have no HP left? I've seen it a couple of times now that their health is gone completely and even when I keep attacking they don't die, but they keep doing damage to me for like 5-10 seconds.
Pretty annoying sometimes.

And lastly, whats the best way to be able to play in the US? I'll be there for 5 weeks soon and I want to play some Pokemon Go from time to time. What would be the cheapest option for me to do that? (I'm talking about having internet on my phone)

pringles

Yeah something like that would be great. Really wonder what their plan is for the legendary birds and Mewtwo. They could create some pretty epic events I'm sure, just hope they can find a way to make it inclusive even for small town/rural players.

I'm on Team Mystic (Blue), Took out a red gym yesterday, and by the time I went to put one of my Pokemon in it, it was yellow... (Not a soul in sight!) Sooo annoyed!

And lastly, what they best way to be able to play in the US? I'll be there for 5 weeks soon and I want to play some Pokemon Go from time to time. What would be the cheapest option for me to do that? (I'm talking about having internet on my phone)

I'd like to know this too.
I'll be in Cali for 3 weeks next week and I was excited about catching some new Pokemon until I realised that mobile data roaming would cost a small fortune.

Also, has anyone observed that sometimes when you fight Pokemon in a gym they don't die immediately when they have no HP left? I've seen it a couple of times now that their health is gone completely and even when I keep attacking they don't die, but they keep doing damage to me for like 5-10 seconds.
Pretty annoying sometimes.

One of the worst bugs that afflicts the game, yeah. When it happens, try to use your charge attack asap, sometimes it helps to remind the enemy pokémon that they are indeed dead.

Pachimari

So I have 85 Pokémon and I have no idea where to go to find new Pokémon anymore, no matter how far away I go. Will probably have to evolve most of my Pokémon.

One of the worst bugs that afflicts the game, yeah. When it happens, try to use your charge attack asap, sometimes it helps to remind the enemy pokémon that they are indeed dead.

Stupid question, but how do you use your charge attack?
I've seen this little bars below my health and assumed they were charging an attack but have no idea how to use it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd like to know this too.
I'll be in Cali for 3 weeks next week and I was excited about catching some new Pokemon until I realised that mobile data roaming would cost a small fortune.

And lastly, whats the best way to be able to play in the US? I'll be there for 5 weeks soon and I want to play some Pokemon Go from time to time. What would be the cheapest option for me to do that? (I'm talking about having internet on my phone)
The quick and dirty answer is that the game works on wifi, so you can play anywhere you get on a network... Beyond that if you are okay with temporarily having a new number, you can get a prepaid sim: https://www.roammobility.com/sim-card

The quick and dirty answer is that the game works on wifi, so you can play anywhere you get on a network... Beyond that if you are okay with temporarily having a new number, you can get a prepaid sim: https://www.roammobility.com/sim-card

Yeah, pre-paids are pretty good assuming your phone is unlocked. I have a separate "pay as you go" T-Mobile account whenever I go to the states that's like $30 a month for unlimited data.

Oxx

Yeah something like that would be great. Really wonder what their plan is for the legendary birds and Mewtwo. They could create some pretty epic events I'm sure, just hope they can find a way to make it inclusive even for small town/rural players.

Moltres @ McDonalds. Even rural places can join in the fun!

Joni

Managed to evolve around 60 Pokémon with six new species. Some heavy hitters like Starmie and a 1700 CP Vaporeon in there. I now also own six 1200 CP Hypno. Reminder for myself, went Rainer - Pyro - Sparky.
What do you guys do with CP 1000+ Pokémon that you have a stronger version of? Like I have three 1000+ Goldbats, feels bad to throw them away.

GulAtiCa

Managed to evolve around 60 Pokémon with six new species. Some heavy hitters like Starmie and a 1700 CP Vaporeon in there. I now also own six 1200 CP Hypno. Reminder for myself, went Rainer - Pyro - Sparky.
What do you guys do with CP 1000+ Pokémon that you have a stronger version of? Like I have three 1000+ Goldbats, feels bad to throw them away.

I keep them. Having different tiers of Pokemon at different CP makes it easier to level up a gym. Since having a Pokemon with CP lower then the Gym pokemon gives you higher gym points.

SuomiDude

I mostly throw away even high cp Pokémons if their moveset is bad and I have several same type Pokémons. The only exception so far is Vaporeon (my main is 1700+, my secondary is 1400+).

q4roel

Is it just me, or is the Rainer - Pyro - Sparky trick bugged? I nicknamed my Eevee 'Sparky' and it got me a second Vaporeon -_-. Cp1500+ though, but since water pokemon are very common in the Netherlands I really needed an electric type to nuke all those Vaporeons/Poliwraths/Gyarados/Dragonites out of those gyms. Back to collecting Eevee I guess :(

Dmonzy

Is it just me, or is the Rainer - Pyro - Sparky trick bugged? I nicknamed my Eevee 'Sparky' and it got me a second Vaporeon -_-. Cp1500+ though, but since water pokemon are very common in the Netherlands I really needed an electric type to nuke all those Vaporeons/Poliwraths/Gyarados/Dragonites out of those gyms. Back to collecting Eevee I guess :(

You can only use each name once.

Also, jolteon is currently very weak. Vaporeon is a better match up against water types than jolteon.

Red Fire

I use my ~1200 jolteon and he is doing pretty well against water types, even those who are higher cp. So it's not as bad as people say.

Also electric is not particularly good against dragonite, better use good ice pokemon like lapras.

jts

...hate me...
I got 2 extra incubators but only one 10k egg - do I use the other one for a 5k or do I wait out?

I just added up all of my items, the camera and infinite egg incubator actually take up a spot each.

I took a gym this morning which put me at 200 poke coins, been saving up for the item capacity upgrade so I snagged it. I'm going to start the grind again but will have time to think if I want to do it again or go for the pokemon capacity upgrade instead.

I found a stop which has the same pokemon at it every morning on my commute. at least 1 psyduck, 1 magikarp, and there used to be slowpokes but I didn't see them last 2x. Is this common? like a spawn point basically?

Windforce

Anyone else using an android emulator?

I have 2 accounts going - one on my phone, another one on the PC for the times I do not want to move from home. Granted my "emulator account" only plays around town, I haven't been doing any absurd teleporting around, so it seems safe (been playing for 2 weeks, daily on it). Anyone got banned for doing this?

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else using an android emulator?

I have 2 accounts going - one on my phone, another one on the PC for the times I do not want to move from home. Granted my "emulator account" only plays around town, I haven't been doing any absurd teleporting around, so it seems safe (been playing for 2 weeks, daily on it). Anyone got banned for doing this?
What do you m an you only "play around town"?

Also, why are you playing (cheating) when at home? Why not just play another game? lol

BowieZ

Banned
at higher levels you learn to appreciate pidgey and his candies so much. I've seen him evolve over a hundred times by now
Yup.

And I feel sorry because each Pidgey looks excited as it enters the evolution arena as though I care, as its trainer, about its new stage in life, and then BAM, moments later it's ground into more sweet, sweet candy. Dead forever.

Windforce

What do you m an you only "play around town"?

Also, why are you playing (cheating) when at home? Why not just play another game? lol

I mean, I use the same original position as I truly am, just walk a few quarters to stay in range of a couple pokéstops and sit there catching random pokémons.

Playing home just for the itch to play pokémon that came back strong with Pokémon Go. I guess I'll just download some DS emulator and play another pokémon game, hehe.

at higher levels you learn to appreciate pidgey and his candies so much. I've seen him evolve over a hundred times by now

Eh, I guess. I feel like once you pass 20 you get diminishing returns on lucky eggs because of the yawning gap between the XP you get from 60 evolves on an egg versus the XP you need to reach the next level. And for what, really? Slightly higher CP cap and some items? Meh.

I still collect all the trash but I'm beginning to think it's not worth the pokemon micromanagement to leave space for new pokemon while keeping all the crap around.

Syntsui

Eh, I guess. I feel like once you pass 20 you get diminishing returns on lucky eggs because of the yawning gap between the XP you get from 60 evolves on an egg versus the XP you need to reach the next level. And for what, really? Slightly higher CP cap and some items? Meh.

I still collect all the trash but I'm beginning to think it's not worth the pokemon micromanagement to leave space for new pokemon while keeping all the crap around.

No, no.

It's still the most viable way to evolve and the CP cap is not slightly higher. If anything, it's on level 30 onwards that you get diminishing returns because the wild Pokémon level cap is 30.

All those supposed hatching 'cheats' like putting your phone on a model train/ceiling fan/bike wheel etc are complete bullshit right?

I opened the app while I ran on a treadmill and didn't get any distance gained so I don't believe for a second that any of those methods work.

WedgeX

Banned
All those supposed hatching 'cheats' like putting your phone on a model train/ceiling fan/bike wheel etc are complete bullshit right?

I opened the app while I ran on a treadmill and didn't get any distance gained so I don't believe for a second that any of those methods work.

I believe the app uses GPS distance rather than the standard health app step counting.

Darksheik

No, no.

It's still the most viable way to evolve and the CP cap is not slightly higher. If anything, it's on level 30 onwards that you get diminishing returns because the wild Pokémon level cap is 30.

Is this true? I didn't know.
That would be a great motivation to reach level 30 (I'm level 24 as of right now).

L Thammy

You can get a little bit of distance (less than 0.1km each time) if you force the game to lose GPS and turn it on. Just got my first Ponyta by this method as we type, not a terrible trick if you're stuck in place for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom