• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
I say go for it. It's best to save the extra incubators for the 5k & 10k eggs. 5k use is fine, esp since 10k is going be more rare.
Alright, thanks. Going for a walk now so it comes handy.

In the past I have wasted too many incubators on 2ks due to not knowing better.

adamy

Banned
FUCK

my phone was unlocked in my pocket and I guess through pocket dialing I ended spending ALL my coins on Pokemon storage upgrades...I don't need this shit!!!!

This is terrible, should I contact apple or Niantic? Any chance of getting this reversed???

GulAtiCa

FUCK

my phone was unlocked in my pocket and I guess through pocket dialing I ended spending ALL my coins on Pokemon storage upgrades...I don't need this shit!!!!

This is terrible, should I contact apple or Niantic? Any chance of getting this reversed???

Damn, that sucks! Try Niantic first. Hopefully they can help

Falawful

Continuing my real-life Pokemon adventures... last week I was at Santa Fe, New Mexico filling up on rock and fire Pokemon. Yesterday I went to Bellevue Park near Seattle to check out the legendary Pokemon scene there. Everyday there is a huge crowd of people playing and roaming around the park. I was told it's the best place to play in Seattle and I can see why. Really unbelievable atmosphere, this is how PoGo was meant to be played. I filmed some footage; if nothing else check out 2:10 for a Dragonite stampede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcY0iwntmI
My friends and I go here often! It's still that crowded even nearing midnight lol.

Just a couple days ago we were there, getting tired and ready to leave; there weren't as many people and the lures were running out...suddenly people start hollering and flipping out, swarming towards a spot near the edge of the park and screaming about a Snorlax. Oftentimes people do this as a prank. But then we hear people yelling about what CP theirs is. So we bolt over there and sure enough, the fatass spawns and we all catch our first Snorlax.

All of this happened at 12:30am lol. This park is nuts.

And some kid said he was quitting the game when his 2100CP Snorlax ran away 😂

zulux21

Any reliable place to get discounted Google Play cards? I've resisted the temptation to spend, but I really want more Incubators >_>

watch sites like slickdeals.net

or alternatively neogaf is a great place to get them.
just wonder over to the buy sell trade thread and ask, there is usually someone around that will sell you google play credit for a 10% discount.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DPiw4P2.jpg
sunny Monday afternoon :) None of the lures are mine.

Drowzees and vulpix are rare by me at home, and Ive got enough to get my hypno and ninetales. There's a Tauros that keeps teasing me on the streets somewhere too. Gonna miss the hell out of this city.

Exciting times on my walk home as I spotted an Aerodactyl. Boom, nice addition to the Pokedex, now at 103 caught, 104 seen. A damn elusive Lapras being the culprit there.

Also I'm not saying the game needs rebalancing but gyms of just Vaporeons are getting a bit predictable

zroid

Banned
FUCK

that's some seriously bad luck there... :X

Also I'm not saying the game needs rebalancing but gyms of just Vaporeons are getting a bit predictable

Victreebell, Raichu, and Exxecutor are good counters to the Vape Nation. Sadly I find more Arcanines than any of the above, but someone told me of a park that has a lot of grass Pokémon and has 3 stops and a gym in a 5 minute walking loop.

Gonna try it out tomorrow instead of the larger park I go to more often.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fuck yes.
She's beautiful.

Also, hunting this I noticed they fixed the left to right tracker reversal, nice.

This game just puts me in such a good fucking mood sometimes. The world is my cloyster.

Victreebell, Raichu, and Exxecutor are good counters to the Vape Nation. Sadly I find more Arcanines than any of the above, but someone told me of a park that has a lot of grass Pokémon and has 3 stops and a gym in a 5 minute walking loop.

Some good recommendations, ta. Not yet got any of those evolved but getting close. Right now I'm relying on a few electrics, and also my Snorlax, who I should really check IVs of but has got so much damn HP it can take on most things. Still, I'd rather people didn't think they just had to rely on Vape...

Oxx

I got a decent Pika in an egg today, but I'm still a long way from Raichu-ing.

I appear to have accidentally transferred my best Magikarp just as I am approaching 400 candy. Heartbreaking.

duckroll

Thanks, I'll check it out. I see it also creates a path from your location to the Pokemon on Google Maps. Kinda cool. I won't get banned for using this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm curious about the appeal of multiple bag upgrades- I bought one, but isn't getting low on supplies and making a trip to a Hotspot to refill kinda part of the game?

Caderfix

I'm curious about the appeal of multiple bag upgrades- I bought one, but isn't getting low on supplies and making a trip to a Hotspot to refill kinda part of the game?

Not everyone has easy access to an area with pokestops, so when they pass by one with a couple during dinner or whatever, they'll want to make the most of it.

Pokemon Nearby doesn't update the direction as you move. Pidgey in NW was actually increasing in distance as I walked northwest - refreshed page and then the same Pidgey was in S. Caught it at the last minute remaining.

Also it seemed to show some seemingly random pokemon at the end of my walk, my in-app sightings had a Pidgey and Weedle (the two which I'm hunting for some fast XP!) but Pokemon Nearby showed me a Rattata and other less useful mons and no Pidgey or Weedle.

duckroll

But that's not why people buy bag upgrades right? It's because very quickly your bag is filled up and you have to start throwing shit away to empty space so you can hold more of what you -actually- want like Great Balls and whatnot, instead of another 40 potions. So it gets annoying when you have to sort through your items every day to delete shit just so you don't waste Pokestops which could be giving you better balls and eggs.

Azole

Neo Member
But that's not why people buy bag upgrades right? It's because very quickly your bag is filled up and you have to start throwing shit away to empty space so you can hold more of what you -actually- want like Great Balls and whatnot, instead of another 40 potions. So it gets annoying when you have to sort through your items every day to delete shit just so you don't waste Pokestops which could be giving you better balls and eggs.

Yes. My bag upgrade is almost max. I do one trip to downtown to max my bag and I'm good for the whole week. Went on a trip to SF and had almost 500 pokeballs. Lots of Pokemon so I was able to catch what I want. My brothers and nephew were low on balls and had to be selective on what Pokemon to catch. It was nice not having to choose because they missed out on a lot of exp and dust.

Yep. been doing this every damn day for probably 3 weeks.

Gonna be so nice to have the extra space. :)

Are there any reliable batch IV calculators out there anymore? Curious to see what stacks up out of the 250 mons I have right now, but the site I used to use doesn't seem to work anymore :(

Are there any reliable batch IV calculators out there anymore? Curious to see what stacks up out of the 250 mons I have right now, but the site I used to use doesn't seem to work anymore :(

Not batch, but Go IV on Android is the GOAT.

Super easy to sort Pokémon by name, favorite the top 1-2 IV Pokémon I have then transfer the others.

Once I have 30-40 Pokémon to evolve, I pop the lucky egg and get to work.

zulux21

Welp. I finally did it. Bought a 20 dollar Google Play card.

How many bag upgrades should I buy vs Incubators?

depends... do you go after gyms?

if the answer is no then you should never need a bad upgrade.

if yes then it comes down to how hard it is to stock things.

personally I go after gyms and pokemon and haven't needed to upgrade my bag at all, but I do plan to eventually get some since taking down high level gyms uses a ton of resources.

if I wasn't going after gyms though then just toss all of your healing items, and you will never have to worry about needing more space as if you have 350 balls/rassberries combined you likely should just go hunt pokemon rather than worry about stocking up more.

yah, I did this just today actually. I plan on saving up another 200 coins and doing it again

depends... do you go after gyms?

if the answer is no then you should never need a bad upgrade.

if yes then it comes down to how hard it is to stock things.

personally I go after gyms and pokemon and haven't needed to upgrade my bag at all, but I do plan to eventually get some since taking down high level gyms uses a ton of resources.

if I wasn't going after gyms though then just toss all of your healing items, and you will never have to worry about needing more space as if you have 350 balls/rassberries combined you likely should just go hunt pokemon rather than worry about stocking up more.

Thanks for the advice, I don't go after Gyms now, but that's only because I'm trying to keep lots of raspberries and Great and Ultra balls and have to toss the healing and revive items.

Definitely want to go after more now though, so maybe I'll give it an upgrade or two

diSAQ5e.jpg

Shopping time. xD

zulux21

Thanks for the advice, I don't go after Gyms now, but that's only because I'm trying to keep lots of raspberries and Great and Ultra balls and have to toss the healing and revive items.

Definitely want to go after more now though, so maybe I'll give it an upgrade or two

but yeah i don't know if you play with anyone but just for an example of taking down a level 6 gym that my wife and I did a week ago or so.

It took about 40 minutes total, as we were using a lot of 11-1300 mons while the gym had a 1400 lapris and 1600 dragonite at the end.

for the first 3 rounds or so we both got full party wiped.
for the next 3 rounds or so we got mostly party wiped.
for the final lets call it 4 rounds we only lost half of the party to the two big monsters.

so for the first 3 rounds we needed 18 revives.
next 3 we needs 12 revives or so
the final 4 rounds we needed 8 revives or so

totaling 38 revives or so.

revives only heal up pokemon halfway so we needed at a min 38 potions as well.

meaning for a single level 6 gym for the two of us to take down required around 80 items.

obviously if you are a lot stronger it will require less, but you can quickly burn through the items if you are taking gyms.

edit: it wasn't snorlax it was a lapris.

yah, I did this just today actually. I plan on saving up another 200 coins and doing it again

Yeah, bag and Pokémon storage upgrades were good for me as I typically play "seriously" twice or three times a week. So when I'm out catching and hitting stops, I don't want to manage my inventory. So I upgraded both and I manage my items and mons when I'm at home and there aren't stops nearby.

obviously if you are a lot stronger it will require less, but you can quickly burn through the items if you are taking gyms.

Other than taking gyms, potions and revives are of no real use. I tell people to get rid of them until they hit 1200-1400 CP and save them if they want to fight gyms. But it feels good to solo level 8 gyms with your team of 6, constantly reviving / healing them in between runs at the gym. I can only do that at business locations though, the local parks never stay for long.

zulux21

Other than taking gyms, potions and revives are of no real use. I tell people to get rid of them until they hit 1200-1400 CP and save them if they want to fight gyms. But it feels good to solo level 8 gyms with your team of 6, constantly reviving / healing them in between runs at the gym. I can only do that at business locations though, the local parks never stay for long.

instead of telling people to get rid of them I would just tell them to not be afraid to burn them.

I mean taking gyms is the only way to get in game money right now.

I do hope they add a daily log in bonus at some point that gives pokeballs and every once in a while some coins and store items like lures or incubators.

I mean I plan to pay $10 a month like a gym membership to the game, but it would still be nice to get daily pokeballs given how spaced out my pokestops are anymore. and how hard it can be to fill my bag.

in the winter it's going to be really rough.

ecentre

https://pokemonnearby.io/ ...
* one and done scan (this one is offline)
* a version of nearby (working currently)
* a radar function (working currently)

"Nearby" version updates footprints as you walk (click on feet to get map if necessary).
radar function is in the link at the bottom of the 'nearby' page, it places nearby pings on a radar type display with N at the top.

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

: end of post that can't be seen by non gaf members.

please don't disseminate outside gaf or too many people start to use at one time and it becomes difficult for everyone.

hYtGgcb.png

xjh1Glq.png

Password please?

adamy

Banned
bag upgrades are by far the best upgrade for me personally

image.png

I'm at 800 and still thinking about hitting 1000

I toss all my potions and revives too besides these

image.jpg

This pokeball or poofing bug is fucking terrible. Perhaps not a big issue when lesser tier Pokemon flee away but it's bad when one after another goes away after the first ball throw.

I've lost multiple bulbasaurs, charmanders, and etc. (Higher tier Pokemon). It's now pissing me off.
I almost want to say FU to Niantic but I know they're trying to get everything working again on top of pushing that tracking update out asap.

So here's to hoping that things become so much better in future updates along with catching some good Mons.

Ariexv

https://pokemonnearby.io/ ...
* one and done scan (this one is offline)
* a version of nearby (working currently)
* a radar function (working currently)

"Nearby" version updates footprints as you walk (click on feet to get map if necessary).
radar function is in the link at the bottom of the 'nearby' page, it places nearby pings on a radar type display with N at the top.

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

: end of post that can't be seen by non gaf members.

please don't disseminate outside gaf or too many people start to use at one time and it becomes difficult for everyone.

hYtGgcb.png

xjh1Glq.png
password

RoadDogg

The password is hidden in the post and you can see it when you quote it. You don't actually post the quote, you just view the quote in the reply to thread screen and look for the Email tag in it.

I gave up on this game weeks ago when I realized my area is a dead zone since we live in the sticks. My 4 year old saw it though and just loves it, he has no issues catching the same 3 pokemon over and over every night. It gives us an excuse to take him for a walk and get outside so that is nice. We ran out of pokeballs though since there are no stops anywhere in our normal travels so we found 4-5 in a short loop we can drive every couple days to get 20-30 more for him. I would consider cheating just to get him some more pokeballs.

Syntsui

Pretty much every app that stopped working returned now.

Is there any guarantee that using these apps that access their servers won't get us banned?

Mihos

Gold Member
All those supposed hatching 'cheats' like putting your phone on a model train/ceiling fan/bike wheel etc are complete bullshit right?

I opened the app while I ran on a treadmill and didn't get any distance gained so I don't believe for a second that any of those methods work.

As long as the GPS shows you moving, it works. I have an old S2 that has a crap GPS and it pretty much hatches eggs non stop even when the device isn't moving at all. Just turn off sleep in debug mode and leave it plugged in overnight on wifi.

I even thought of listing it on eBay as an egg hacther.

zulux21

Pretty much every app that stopped working returned now.

Is there any guarantee that using these apps that access their servers won't get us banned?

any app that you have to use your account to log into likely runs a decent risk of getting you banned.

any app that you don't have to log into to use or that you can use with an alternate account likely runs very little risk of getting you banned.

but hands down using anything but the pokemon go app to play pokemon go at least runs a tiny bit of risk of you getting banned (even if it is almost 0% for a number of them) and there is no way anyone could guarantee anything else.

I mean it wouldn't be impossible for them to log what IP their servers are getting pinged from and just ban all accounts that access their game from that IP if they really wanted (if they detected something like a scanner running from it). They wouldn't because that would likely mass ban a lot of people who play from coffee shops or other places and likely kill the game, just saying if they really wanted to they likely could.

Wife asked me to go to the corner shop and I see the silhouette of machoke and luckily managed to find and catch it.

88 caught now with 89 seen, damn that venomoth who got away due to server issues.

pringles

Man, such exhilarating moment finally seeing a Snorlax on the nearby, chasing it for 5 minutes and finally finding it.

Then the disappointment of seeing it's a 312CP and weaker than the average Pidgey at level 26.
At least it's +1 to the dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom