• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esai

Has anyone been banned for using www.pgnexus.gg? Also, my gf lives in Sacramento and I live in socal. If I log into her account to get pokestops for her will she get banned? She was down here for the first month the game was out.

bryt

Wow. A Dragonite spawned in front of my apartment. Three other people tried to catch it but only mine didn't run away. Feel bad for the other people.

zroid

Banned
Wow, just found my first ever wild Golbat.

Didn't even bother evolving a Zubat yet either, so that was fun. ;p

I found a Golbat on the very first day I downloaded this thing, before I had even seen a Zubat. It was a huge pain in the ass to catch because I still hadn't really figured out the mechanics of tossing Poké Balls, and Golbats flying make them more annoying especially in AR mode, which I still had on at the time. :mad:

Of course, Zubats ended up being so plentiful near me that this was trivial in the end. Ah well...

I found a Golbat on the very first day I downloaded this thing, before I had even seen a Zubat. It was a huge pain in the ass to catch because I still hadn't really figured out the mechanics of tossing Poké Balls, and Golbats flying make them more annoying especially in AR mode, which I still had on at the time. :mad:

Of course, Zubats ended up being so plentiful near me that this was trivial in the end. Ah well...

Haha, oh yeah. over a month later and plenty of practice and he was still a bitch to catch xD

I also haven't seen/evolved a Wigglytuff yet. I think I even have enough candies. I don't make taking my time though.

Takashi

So I had two eggs ready to hatch soon. I checked to see what little more they had left, but they were gone as if they hatched. I looked at my recent Pokemon to see if there were two I didn't remember catching but they weren't there. I even checked my journal to compare the recent ones I caught versus which ones might have hatched, but all I had were the ones the journal recorded I caught.

Did the game just screw me out of those two hatches? Or is there some fix to this I don't know about?

Edit: Nvm I'm an idiot who can't read. I guess one of the updates must've changed it so the journal now tells you which ones hatched.

zulux21

that sucked... my wife was going to bed when I noticed a vulpix.

they are super rare around here.

I managed to get it, but she couldn't get it to pop.
she restarted her app and it started to show up... and then it vanished.

it's one of her favorite pokemon and I basically just made her get excited for nothing :(

that sucked... my wife was going to bed when I noticed a vulpix.

they are super rare around here.

I managed to get it, but she couldn't get it to pop.
she restarted her app and it started to show up... and then it vanished.

it's one of her favorite pokemon and I basically just made her get excited for nothing :(

don't worry just keep hatching eggs, you will get one worth evolving

edit: I use a battery pack when the power gets low enough. I play the game sometimes 4 hours at a time so yeah it's gonna need some extra juice. the pack I got is from Brookstone

Joni

Stupid bugged tracking system cost me a Mr mime. I try to triangle him, but he suddenly fails to reappear when I move back to the central point. I think I missed him so I just check pokemon nearby. Sucker is still there with two minutes left. Try to reach the right point, miss him by a second as he appears on screen and pops of just before I can catch him. If anyone claims this shit works, this should be good proof why tracking apps are needed.

Skarnet

Banned
Stupid bugged tracking system cost me a Mr mime. I try to triangle him, but he suddenly fails to reappear when I move back to the central point. I think I missed him so I just check pokemon nearby. Sucker is still there with two minutes left. Try to reach the right point, miss him by a second as he appears on screen and pops of just before I can catch him. If anyone claims this shit works, this should be good proof why tracking apps are needed.

As far as I can see the sightings disappear at exactly 2 minutes left until despawn.

Jay RaR

Captured a Gastly by a church the other day, was pretty sweet! Also got enough Abra candies to get Alakazam. Man those Abra are annoying to catch, just like the starters and Pikachu.

How many of you are using external battery packs while playing?

I have for the past 2 weeks. A literal godsend for me if I play the game for more than 30 minutes. Before getting one though, I missed out on getting a Hitmonchan since my phone died (have one now, so its whatever).

Maz

Anyone from paris caught mr.mime? Im here for 2 days and would die to get that region exclusive before going back home. Will try to stock on 10km eggs, not hopeful though as they are rare. I was walking around notre-dame yesterday and the number of pokestops/pokemon is unbelievable.

9oYZe9n.png

My top 12 is finally starting to be somewhat well rounded. I was really hoping my Poliwrath would know a fighting move to help combat the plague of Snorlaxes in my area, but I can always take them out with my Dragonite like I normally do. I just prefer taking advantage of type weaknesses and strengths even if I don't really need to.

Getting close to some key Pokemon like Alakazam, Gengar and Rhydon. Just wish I could hatch some good starter Pokemon.

Big thanks to the person who tipped me off to the Charizard outside of Union Station in LA. Found Charizard at Olvera street.

The person and I split up to find Charizad but by the time I found Charizard I ran back to US and couldn't find the guy.

Joni

Huh? Sightings last way longer than 2 mins...da fuck you guys talkin about

Spawns last 15 minutes, but they disappear from Sightings after 13. It sucked for that Mr. Mime and it explains many cases where I saw Pokémon that weren't in the Sightings menu. It is basically not showing Pokémon that are there 15% of the time.

zulux21

Spawns last 15 minutes, but they disappear from Sightings after 13. It sucked for that Mr. Mime and it explains many cases where I saw Pokémon that weren't in the Sightings menu. It is basically not showing Pokémon that are there 15% of the time.

I really wish I knew this a few hours ago.

I had assumed that we ran out of time because the vulpix had vanished from her sightings.
if I had known this then I would have known I had a bit more time to catch it.

I've been watching pokemonnearby all night trying to see if another vuplix spawned.

nothing ;/

that being said I did see my first ever ekans on a radar in my city.
that was neat.

Koren

Spawns last 15 minutes, but they disappear from Sightings after 13.
I actually think that's a good design choice. I don't want to start looking for a pokemon listed in "sightings" if there's less than 2 minutes left.

If you spent a couple minutes looking for one, you should have a good guess to where it is, and you still have 2 minutes left to find it. Unless there's a way to tell the app "I'm looking for this one", I think it's better than making it disappearing at 0.

RoadDogg

Is there a way to see where you caught a pokemon? I thought the entries used to show you a map view of where you caught it, but mine just shows the date caught now.

Yrael

I've really noticed how much the potion drops have been nerfed from Pokestops recently. It's incredibly difficult now to have more than a few Hyper Potions in the bag - once upon a time, I had so many of them that I had to delete them to make more space. They're even rarer than Ultra Balls now.

oti

Banned
There will be no Pokémon a gamescom BTW, since it's a "private space" according to Niantic. Don't think it deserves its own thread but just so you know.

-MB-

are people getting banned for using pogobag? I wanna check some IVs but not if it puts me at risk

Seems my dummy account i use one Pokemon Go Live map did get banned, because the app suddenly won't let me log in using it anymore.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
got my first Gengar today on my way to work. had to go out of my way a bit, but thankfully I had time.

Joni

I actually think that's a good design choice. I don't want to start looking for a pokemon listed in "sightings" if there's less than 2 minutes left.

If you spent a couple minutes looking for one, you should have a good guess to where it is, and you still have 2 minutes left to find it. Unless there's a way to tell the app "I'm looking for this one", I think it's better than making it disappearing at 0.

I should have a good guess, but that guess shouldn't include guessing it is still there at all.

fisheyes

I reckon the better option would be to add an icon / change the background to show its in the two minutes. Would add a sense of urgency - Oh my god there's a Charizard around here with less than 2 minutes left!

If it just disappears you have no idea if its because its completely gone, 2 minutes away, or if you just walked too far away. Silly.

Jintor

I'd love a tracker showing where I caught my Pokemon, if it weren't for the fact I probably fed all of them to the candy grinder already

I work on a college campus. Right now (and very frequently lately) there's a trainer who's level 33 and has three Dragonites in three gyms on campus that are all close to 3000 CP.

What are the chances this person is legit?

GulAtiCa

I work on a college campus. Right now (and very frequently lately) there's a trainer who's level 33 and has three Dragonites in three gyms on campus that are all close to 3000 CP.

What are the chances this person is legit?

Very unlikely. Like 1% to have that many high level Dragonites.

piggychan

How many of you are using external battery packs while playing?

I carry 2 with me all the time. one at 7000mAh and the 2nd at 10000mAh. Both chinese made. They get quite hot so I wouldn't advise you to charge your phone while battery and phone are in a back pack just in case....

The first 2 were not very good and around 2000mAh which isn't enough juice for an iphone 6plus so I've given those away to people with smaller phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom