• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Just found myself another high level Tentacruel. This time with a powerful Ice attack as it's 2nd move. Nice. Leveled it up a little to like CP800+, and now all ready for those Flying Pokemon.

mikemandey

Ugh got a Dragonair but with very low CP (22 CP). On the other hand, I have two Dratinis with 300+ CP. Does it matter in the long run, if I choose to evolve the Dragonair?

lt519

Ugh got a Dragonair but with very low CP (22 CP). On the other hand, I have two Dratinis with 300+ CP. Does it matter in the long run, if I choose to evolve the Dragonair?

It'll take a lot more candy to get him max CP which may be tough to find? But spending another 25 candy on the Dratini is probably equivalent. Either way you kind of got boned.

Chaos17

13697212_1131822360218698_5345008518480701372_n.jpg

Me and my gf took this picture at the chicago Pokemon go meet up

Thanks for sharing :D
That Pikachu must feel hot.

Midas

When do I throw the ball? Someone said when the circle is as small as possible, someone else said when it's as large as possible. :(

Brohan

The ''Nearby'' system works like total fucking crap at the moment... not only are all pokemon always 3 steps away at the moment but for me the system doesn't update and when it finally does the pokemon that i was trying to track just gets replaced by an entirely new list of pokemon.

With other words because it doesn't update (often enough) it makes tracking impossible for me because i have no idea which way to walk and for how long and it's only a matter of time before the entire list of pokemon simply get's replaced.

Only thing that seems to ''work'' is relogging to force the Nearby System to update which is a pain and often causes me to either be locked out of the game or simply causes me to be too slow to make it to the targeted pokemon in time...

Does anyone else have this problem??? Is it simply the server or do i need to get a new phone?? T.T

lt519

The ''Nearby'' system works like total fucking crap at the moment... not only are all pokemon always 3 steps away at the moment but for me the system doesn't update and when it finally does the pokemon that i was trying to track just gets replaced by an entirely new list of pokemon.

With other words because it doesn't update (often enough) it makes tracking impossible for me because i have no idea which way to walk and for how long and it's only a matter of time before the entire list of pokemon simply get's replaced.

Only thing that seems to ''work'' is relogging to force the Nearby System to update which is a pain and often causes me to either be locked out of the game or simply causes me to be too slow to make it to the targeted pokemon in time...

Does anyone else have this problem??? Is it simply the server or do i need to get a new phone?? T.T

Server, it's likely they disabled some functions of the game to help with the load. Constantly refreshing everyone's tracking would probably be a high load. Give it a week or two and it'll be right again. For now just wander around aimlessly and hope to get lucky (;

Awesome pic of the Navy Bean by the way. I'll be there on Thursday. What's the common Pokemon around there?

Arrrammis

When do I throw the ball? Someone said when the circle is as small as possible, someone else said when it's as large as possible. :(

Some people say that having a smaller circle increases your chances of catching the pokemon, but I haven't really noticed it. RNG is RNG. The only thing that I've noticed with the circle is that you get a bonus for landing the ball inside the colored circle, and you get a bigger bonus if you do so when the circle is smaller.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Okay guys here is the moment guys.

Which team to join?

Team Mystic is dominating worldwide right? Another reason why I don't want to go with that.

Brohan

Server, it's likely they disabled some functions of the game to help with the load. Constantly refreshing everyone's tracking would probably be a high load. Give it a week or two and it'll be right again. For now just wander around aimlessly and hope to get lucky (;

I get what you are saying but does this mean the tracking get nerfed only for some people?
Because apart from the 3 steps bug the tracking system works for my GF.
So whenever we walk together i just let her do the tracking but it totally sucks when i'm on my own.

Which team to join?

Team Mystic is dominating worldwide right? Another reason why I don't want to go with that.

Team Valor is the only correct choice.

I get what you are saying but does this mean the tracking get nerfed only for some people?
Because apart from the 3 steps bug the tracking system works for my GF.
So whenever we walk together i just let her do the tracking but it totally sucks when i'm on my own.
Around me its like 45% blue 45% red and 10% yellow

Awesome pic of the Navy Bean by the way. I'll be there on Thursday. What's the common Pokemon around there?

Drowzees are killin' me. I talked to some of my friends in other places and apparently that's not the case everywhere - but definitely chicago. It's nice having the water right there though, a lot of Staryu. I also live near the Montrose harbor and also the bird sanctuary and every time I'm there I find a Pikachu.

Lucumo

Which team to join?

Team Mystic is the best because the others are just hippies and people who want to kill everything. That's why most people chose wisdom.

mikemandey

It'll take a lot more candy to get him max CP which may be tough to find? But spending another 25 candy on the Dratini is probably equivalent. Either way you kind of got boned.

Yeah it's a tough choice, knowing I rarely see Dratini in my area

Arrrammis

Which team to join?

Take a look at the gyms in your area, see who is dominating. usually I see one team dominating, one team holding a few, and one team that has basically no presence. I'd recommend joining the 2nd most popular team in your town (for me it's Mystic), so that you can hold a few gyms and also attack some, since if you have a lot of people on your team, you might not be able to put a pokemon in one of the gyms since they'll all be full.

got the eevee trio. but man. i'm way behind. don't even really have any pokemon over 1000 CP. went to the college campus yesterday to get some balls at all these poke stop but it decides to rain. RIP.

Lucumo

Find ??? Rhydon, use Hyperball for the first time. Immediately catch it with 50 points extra. Look at CP, 300 more than my current best Pokemon. Special attack is good (I think) but the standard attack sucks.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

Which team to join?

team instinct and team mystic convert children into candy do you want to side with those monsters do the right thing and join valor

I'm sure this has been said many times, but the battles should be like how they are in the handheld games. I'm growing tired of just tapping the screen constantly, and it definitely looks funny seeing other people do it too.

Like, how hard could it be to implement? I'm sure any major change like that would be a ways off, but I would like to see it eventually.

Caught a CP1283 Omastar yesterday w/ Water Gun and Hydro Pump. He's a beast. That makes up for the 10,373,092 Pidgeys I constantly come across.

Which team to join?

You go Valor.
Mystic team members go to coffee shops and order "express-o". Instinct prefers steak well done with ketchup.

wrowa

Find ??? Rhydon, use Hyperball for the first time. Immediately catch it with 50 points extra. Look at CP, 300 more than my current best Pokemon. Special attack is good (I think) but the standard attack sucks.
Hyperballs are a thing that exists? I had no idea.

Pachimari

I'm sure this has been said many times, but the battles should be like how they are in the handheld games. I'm growing tired of just tapping the screen constantly, and it definitely looks funny seeing other people do it too.

Like, how hard could it be to implement? I'm sure any major change like that would be a ways off, but I would like to see it eventually.
No, they wouldn't get the casuals with the handheld system. It's much better with the system we got now so everybody can have a chance.

Also, join Team Valor.

L.O.R.D

So,there is new hack for iOS to let you move inside the game without exit your home,nice.
however i think anyone that use it will be banned.
i really want to walk,but it's 47 C out side the home.

Pachimari

Do I unlock anything at lvl 10? I think Great Balls is at lvl 12.

So,there is new hack for iOS to let you move inside the game without exit your home,nice.
however i think anyone that use it will be banned.
i really want to walk,but it's 47 C out side the home.
I seriously hope they get banned hard.

Flayer

If you power up a pokemon does that increase the white potential bar? Or is that bar a limit of the max CP that pokemon can ever have?

I'm just wondering whether its worth waiting to catch the perfect pokemon to power up or do all mons of the same type essentially have the same max strength, if invested in enough.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Random Q: In Red/Blue, which of the 3 legendary Pokémon was in a sort of factory?

PSFan

Do I unlock anything at lvl 10? I think Great Balls is at lvl 12.

I seriously hope they get banned hard.

Sorry but, how exactly does a hack like that affect you? It's only denying a user some excercise. And Great Balls are unlocked at 10 I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom