• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarion07

Is it about people taking nude selfies with the AR pokemon ?
If yes, tehn yes it seems there is a sub Reddit about it and if you can report them for inapropriate behavior.
https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

No, I didn't clicked on it >.>

Why would you report them?
It's not like the pics end up on the app itself.
What people do with their cameras should be their problem. If it ends up on the net, well, even more so.

Dmonzy

You do realize most people joined a team before some people starting streaming the game? And the first popular one is team Valor.

Actually no on both accounts. Twitch streamers have been going since the beta, and the original two popular ones were mystic and instinct during the beta, valor was the underdog then.

Dominator

I'm level 18 and yet to come across Pokemon over 900CP. Why. I know people who are running gyms win Pokemon with 1300CP and they are lower level. Kinda sucks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm level 18 and yet to come across Pokemon over 900CP. Why. I know people who are running gyms win Pokemon with 1300CP and they are lower level. Kinda sucks.

They didnt encounter those levels and likely pushed all their stardust into that single pokemon.

NeonBlack

To be perfectly honest:

- mystic are tools that follow whatever twitch streamers tell them to
- valor are savages that love to insult you in real life if you're not valor
- instinct are hipsters that choose the less popular team because they think they can somehow make a difference in a losing battle worldwide

choose your poison.

I just liked the color Blue

Worth it for the coins, but only if your timer is up so you can nab the bonus.

It's not really worth it if you can't nab the bonus. In most cases your shit isn't gonna last long enough to make it to the bonus.

That being said revives and pots are a dime a dozen especially if you don't use them. So you'll eventually just toss them. Why not use them first?

Whats the bonus and how do you get it?

Windam

Scaley member
Probably a silly question, but did you verify your email after signing up?

Either way, PTC has been far more unreliable for me (and any others).

Yeah I did. Made an account with Google last night and that's worked. Thought PTC would have benefits, but I guess not.

lt519

Drowzees are killin' me. I talked to some of my friends in other places and apparently that's not the case everywhere - but definitely chicago. It's nice having the water right there though, a lot of Staryu. I also live near the Montrose harbor and also the bird sanctuary and every time I'm there I find a Pikachu.

Bummer we're drowning in Drowzees as well. Good tip on the Pikachu though, maybe I'll find a way to divert our wandering to that area :)

Evolve Pokemon with like a 90%+ filled CP bar, I'm 16 with an 1100 Golduck that way.

Of course, some Pokemon are just better than others, like the Electrode I got the same way is only around 700.

Re-posting question since it got buried and I'm a little confused about this:

Is the CP bar cap/potential for a given Pokemon, dependent on that specific Pokemon? For example, I'm level 10 and just caught a Pidgeot with a CP of 532 , which looks to be almost fully at the cap of its CP max. Would any Pidgeot I'd own at this point have the same CP max or can some Pokemon have higher max CPs?

The way I'm thinking it works is you can catch Pokemon with different CPs (the higher, the easier it is to max them out obviously since it would take less Candy/Stardust) but they all have the same max potential, but I am not 100% sure on that.

hemo memo

Gold Member
To be perfectly honest:

- mystic are tools that follow whatever twitch streamers tell them to
- valor are savages that love to insult you in real life if you're not valor
- instinct are hipsters that choose the less popular team because they think they can somehow make a difference in a losing battle worldwide

choose your poison.

lol

Okay thank you very much all for the suggestions. I chose team Instinct.

Arrrammis

Based on my experience, here's what I've learned:
Hatched pokemon have a slightly higher max CP than captured pokemon
The max CP for all pokemon increases with your level
You can catch and hatch pokemon at higher CP, but they still have the same max CP as their lower CP counterparts.

Is the CP bar cap/potential for a given Pokemon, dependent on that specific Pokemon? For example, I'm level 10 and just caught a Pidgeot with a CP of 532 , which looks to be almost fully at the cap of its CP max. Would any Pidgeot I'd own at this point have the same CP max or can some Pokemon have higher max CPs?

The way I'm thinking it works is you can catch Pokemon with different CPs (the higher, the easier it is to max them out obviously since it would take less Candy/Stardust) but they all have the same max potential, but I am not 100% sure on that.
Apparently the bar is a representation of the pokemon's level relative to the maximum allowed for your trainer level (just slightly over double apparently so a level 10 trainer can have something like level 21 pokemon max)

Pokemon have 3 stats in the background that differ from pokemon to pokemon even of the same type so, to answer that part of the question: no, not all pidgies will max out the same. You'll have to take it on a case by case basis I'm afraid :p

Wollan

Managed to reach the soft-cap:

J1w3QPPrE_fYXw_fkPI7QSSo4kW9KcvYCqRTLxk6dhYBLV352DBpv6o5AnZ679IByikIjPCYICvHhujWfe5H2KTpa2FrF0qStKGAE1ztqN8F38WIyukl8SXQck-xlvuox-wWGiNXsexhmZDNBkZlZmEpQvs4ZGSJfkcod8aoXqyv8m01yuhcl1r-ot6W-LvBnmS6Osk_613BbIuAmXm5aPWtwRhsuPxrM5Rj_izHa3wYrYdznyfObJzNRa93dRHzOS2wttm0sJYFG_G4hzaX8QEoSKZKm4zKIbPrEl8awbQd1Qnp5-Bg8uYk09iNxA6at48rpDzQ-00vA6manpuMpSuh7fjEa6_ZtVsMUU0Q8M3iqWmvm3RBYQQYMAXkjquqWPkTeLOfZLaqORadAI7xM8xI5AlUwpE6Q1yA7NdUTSJffpuzkCfnmPrIsM2TMSZS0lqqZV2ZQLIBGlb3Ev29wtAXkcrRz7mghLmHjtI0XsWb6HzIPM299uh43WISGGqWqq3bRR75tYD9gEYUP-kBHPgGfkV8K2MFrsML2Y8kemqxQuYhKlPFYQzotpMk4si_t97TdcCGoBN-SMglPBcQCjxKaP8DBtb3=w727-h1293-no

Also hatched a pretty high-CP Pikachu:

Level 10, caught a 700 or so CP Snoralax with Lick and Body Slam.

Pretty happy about that.

The wait to start seriously leveling up / evolving until I hit 15 or so is killing me though.

Zelias

Banned
Christ, since the game came out (grabbed the apk when it first became available) I've walked nearly 64km according to the game. That's not accounting for the times I haven't been able to log in either, like for much of this weekend when I was out on Pokewalks.

As I'm looking to lose weight and get in better shape this game is amazing, haha. Funny really, as the app itself is buggy, unpolished and bare-bones. The Pokemon Go game is kinda mediocre, but the experience is amazing.

Feeroper

I'm in Canada and downloaded the game yesterday. I played it quite a bit last ight and had a blast, but as of this morning and all day so far I cant get back in, keeps saying unable to authenticate.

My girlfriend is able to log in again though, so is there something wrong with mine? Or is it just to do with the overloaded servers? I am trying to log in via the Pokemon Traniers club login.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Managed to reach the soft-cap:

Also hatched a pretty high-CP Pikachu:

The softcap is just the start.

Although I would love to see some actual stats on trainer progression by area.

Pachimari

I have Pokemon I can evolve right away but I should wait till I use the Lucky Egg right? To get that XP. Or I could just buy another lucky egg when I got the 45 Pidgeys I want.

Toma

I'm in Canada and downloaded the game yesterday. I played it quite a bit last ight and had a blast, but as of this morning and all day so far I cant get back in, keeps saying unable to authenticate.

My girlfriend is able to log in again though, so is there something wrong with mine? Or is it just to do with the overloaded servers? I am trying to log in via the Pokemon Traniers club login.

PTC issues again atm.

MajorMane

I have Pokemon I can evolve right away but I should wait till I use the Lucky Egg right? To get that XP. Or I could just buy another lucky egg when I got the 45 Pidgeys I want.

Regarding other Pokemon to evolve, it's up to you, really. If you evolve a Pokemon into a Pokemon you don't have, that's 1000XP. So without a Lucky Egg, that's 1000XP lost, which can be a lot.

If you want it for the XP (and 1000XP is a lot to you), I'd say wait.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Went to a city on my road trip and leveled up in 15 minutes from 11 to 12.

Damn you city people got it easy compared to us rural's.

Some people say that having a smaller circle increases your chances of catching the pokemon, but I haven't really noticed it. RNG is RNG. The only thing that I've noticed with the circle is that you get a bonus for landing the ball inside the colored circle, and you get a bigger bonus if you do so when the circle is smaller.
Yup. This. I've had Nice (extra 10XP), Great ??? and Excellent (extra 100XP). For the last one the inner, colored circle was small and my ball fit in precisely.

lt519

Walking to lunch I saw a Venomoth pop up and I got all excited and then realized I had no UI and ability to click it. Rebooted the App and it was gone. Damn ghost Pokemon.

Chaos17

Come on people don't steal thse, lol

CnqQR4rW8AAJFG0.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tedax/a_dutch_city_placed_40_pokémon_go_road_signs/

Why would you report them?
It's not like the pics end up on the app itself.
What people do with their cameras should be their problem. If it ends up on the net, well, even more so.

Because not all pictures stay in a dark room, I unfortunaly saw some while browsing the hastag #pokemongo on twitter -___-'

MY EYES!!!!!!!! [ ± _ ± ]

Went to a city on my road trip and leveled up in 15 minutes from 11 to 12.

Damn you city people got it easy compared to us rural's.

Yeah or if you have a nice campus / park with stops.

I was in L.A. this weekend and everywhere had a pokestop. Leveled up twice in a couple of hours of just casual use.

When I do my cardio day at the park instead of the gym now, I go up 5 or so levels in a couple hours and about 6km of walking.

c-murph

Ahh Man, I accidentally hit the blue sign out button with my Pokemon Trainer Account and now can not sign back in... been trying the last hour. Keeps saying failed to authenticate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom