• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Today has been super smooth for me. I'm using Google login though.

Today has also been an alright day. I have two Pokemon ready to evolve and caught about 10 Pidgeys. Just need 45 I think before I use my lucky egg.

And beside that I caught a Venonat, Meowth, Jigglypuff and Vulpix today. Not bad.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
PTC was alllllllllways better for me. I dont know why, but it also crashes less for me and I need to restart less often. I actually threw away my level 10 Google account to restart on PTC.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
There's a Lapras not too far from my house but I have no idea where to go :(

Never really used the Nearby feature to hunt 'mons. Always hunted randomly.

Edit: There's also an Arba. ffs

I've figured out roughly how the tracking works in the order of furthest to closest on the grid, but I have that 3 paw print bug that makes it a lot harder to tell how close some actually are.

MajorMane

Unfortunately, the Nearby feature is still glitched (you'll see every Pokemon at 3 paw prints) so tracking wouldn't be useful. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Jintor

i can't believe how much this stupid game has gotten into my head. I think it's just that I can't actually play the fucking thing (and am moving soon) so it's taken on this unattainable gold status plus the knowledge that it could literally drop at any moment. I wake up and the first thing I do once I realise I'm awake is roll over and check gaf to see if it finally goddamn rolled out to Japan yet.

goddamnit

I've figured out roughly how the tracking works in the order of furthest to closest on the grid, but I have that 3 paw print bug that makes it a lot harder to tell how close some actually are.
I'm not quite sure the grid system is working as advertised. I've had stuff that's in the 3rd slot of 9 pop up next to me recently and I'm noticing the the 3 on the button don't match the order of the 9 grid :eek: It's not a case of it not updating because I've stood still for a while to check if it changed and it doesn't even after a few system pokeball spins.

Asgaro

PTC was alllllllllways better for me. I dont know why, but it also crashes less for me and I need to restart less often. I actually threw away my level 10 Google account to restart on PTC.

You can throw away an account?
Do you know if the nickname you had, also is available again to make a new account?

Just recently found out that hatching a 10km egg gives 1000xp, so if you can have a whole bunch just on the edge of hatching before you pop a lucky egg for a mass evo session you could get some crazy xp.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You can throw away an account?
Do you know if the nickname you had, also is available again to make a new account?

I didnt "do" anything with it, just not using it anymore as the google account made me log out after every pokestop and every pokemon encounter.

Lucumo

I'm not quite sure the grid system is working as advertised. I've had stuff that's in the 3rd slot of 9 pop up next to me recently and I'm noticing the the 3 on the button don't match the order of the 9 grid :eek: It's not a case of it not updating because I've stood still for a while to check if it changed and it doesn't even after a few system pokeball spins.

It's a case of not updating. Just relog next time and see how it changes.

Podge293

"Caught" a pidgeot and abra but game stalled and froze just before the stars popped so didn't manage to keep them.

Did get a hitmonlee on the way to work this morning. Have no idea if that's rare or what but I was happy with it

GeeTeeCee

Used up an incense, catching nothing but a handful of Pidgeys and Weedles. The last thing I encountered was a Rattata that broke out of the Pokéball before fleeing instantly.

I can deal with the parade of scrub-tier Pokémon, but getting disrespected by a rodent? Nah. /s

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

Edit: There's also an Arba. ffs

follow the near by list the more it moves forward the closer you are if another pokemon moves infront of it and moves the one you are looking for back you are farther away

MajorMane

yup im level 21 and even pidgeys and rattatas will take multiple balls and some times run away

Yeah, this is an entirely different beast, haha. Seems you hit level 20 and the weaker Pokemon become the biggest pain. It wasn't until then that I had a decently low CP Weedle run on me after escaping like eight Pokeballs. The pain is real.

Ugh. That's silly. No reason to waste balls on low CP...

I would agree for a lot of Pokemon. But if you don't have the Pokemon, then it might be worth it. (Anecdote: in my experience, I've had better lucky capturing "harder" ringed Pokemon with Pokeballs than easier ones..)

Zomba13

13707583_958475760931717_6827015181728752623_n.jpg

While I agree people shouldn't be on private property hunting Pokémon I do love the whole "get a life" thing to people who are out and about, getting fresh air and exercise.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
On one hand, I wish I went to the Chicago meet up, but on the other, the entirety of the Loop is basically a meet up every day. I talk to someone about pokemon every time I take the train out there. Also, the servers being down the whole time sounds shitty.

CrazE

Banned
Sucks 3 paw glitch is still rocking. Only thing that bums me out. I can handle login issues and balls freezing on a capture.. but the tracking was really fun. This sucks it's still there.

EL CUCO

yup im level 21 and even pidgeys and rattatas will take multiple balls and some times run away
This is so annoying. No matter how small the circle is when you catch it, either. Seems to happen the most after I've just leveled up too. Almost like the game is flushing out some of your excess Pokéballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom