• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

so it's not really beneficial to fight gyms if you know you can't win them all right? I just gained 100xp and lost a bunch of revives and potions.

Is the CP bar cap/potential for a given Pokemon, dependent on that specific Pokemon? For example, I'm level 10 and just caught a Pidgeot with a CP of 532 , which looks to be almost fully at the cap of its CP max. Would any Pidgeot I'd own at this point have the same CP max or can some Pokemon have higher max CPs?

The way I'm thinking it works is you can catch Pokemon with different CPs (the higher, the easier it is to max them out obviously since it would take less Candy/Stardust) but they all have the same max potential, but I am not 100% sure on that.

MajorMane

Random Q: In Red/Blue, which of the 3 legendary Pokémon was in a sort of factory?

2kt6Rr7.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
so it's not really beneficial to fight gyms if you know you can't win them all right? I just gained 100xp and lost a bunch of revives and potions.
Only take on gyms that are realistically beatable. Not only the 10 Pokécoins are worth the effort, seeing your team dominate the landscape is the shit!

Pachimari

Sorry but, how exactly does a hack like that affect you? It's only denying a user some excercise. And Great Balls are unlocked at 10 I heard.
I just don't think it would be fair if people can level up and compete for gyms by sitting at home, while the rest of us have to move around. Fine if they are only collecting Pokemon and is at a place where there not much activity though.

People who hack like that or GPS spoof are able to level unfairly which could lead to an unfair advantage in gyms.
Basically what this guy says.

MajorMane

Sorry but, how exactly does a hack like that affect you? It's only denying a user some excercise. And Great Balls are unlocked at 10 I heard.

People who hack like that or GPS spoof are able to level unfairly which could lead to an unfair advantage in gyms.

I accidentally transferred my starter and it's kinda killed my mood for the game...

I know starters are mostly useless in this, but I wanted it around for sentimental reasons. I could always catch another Charmander, but it won't have the same catch date as my original.

I wish there were a way to un-transfer. Ugh.

I accidentally transferred my starter and it's kinda killed my mood for the game...

I know starters are mostly useless in this, but I wanted it around for sentimental reasons. I could always catch another Charmander, but it won't have the same catch date as my original.

Mood killer mistakes/issues are always a bummer :/

Like, I know I would instantly quit the game if I came across some super rare high CP Pokemon but the servers go down moments before I catch it or something.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Since they can be found out there in the wild, they're not that valuable to me as in the handheld games.

Daeda

Ugh, these server issues are really starting to get on my nerves. Its been two weeks since launch but the game is unplayable still. I get the feeling that Niantic is making server calls for everything ands its effectively killing the system. More local calculations would prevent this but I guess its an anti cheating measure. Still, its destroying the interest to play this.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ugh, these server issues are really starting to get on my nerves. Its been two weeks since launch but the game is unplayable still. I get the feeling that Niantic is making server calls for everything ands its effectively killing the system. More local calculations would prevent this but I guess its an anti cheating measure. Still, its destroying the interest to play this.

every time they get the servers stable they release it to new countries and tank the servers again

Hystzen

I'm still baffled this game didn't launch with pvp(not gyms). Trading is pointless feature as the point is to walk and find Pokemon but having ability to fight people would help keep this game going.

_Legacy_

Recently moved into a new build house and there's nothing but trash here, Weedles, Rattatas, Pidgeys, Caterpies and that's only if I use incense. I need to go for a walk soon and hit a few pokestops.

You can just get those back at pokestops, I usually just destroy the first Pokemon and walk away or drive away :p

Yeah on android you can easily hack the gps , I've done it for sneaker releases and it's really easy and I'm an idiot tech wise

I see Pokemon go is having a panel in hall H on Sunday at comic con, last minute addiction X the biggest hall for comic con
Legendary about to come out , count on it

tommyguns

Congratulation on this one! Super nice and with normal balls even.

I got 2.3km left until my 10km egg hatches. I'm pretty excited about that one.

Thanks! Very excited about it. Threw down an incense. Opened the app back up 20 minutes later, and there it was! A CP 487. Could be much higher but oh well, still a Charizard!

AdanVC

There should be an option to take pics with the Pokémon you have already caught and not only when you're about to catch them. Surprised there's no such option.

Pachimari

I see Pokemon go is having a panel in hall H on Sunday at comic con, last minute addiction X the biggest hall for comic con
Legendary about to come out , count on it
Okay this has me ex excited. I hope they'll talk a little about the transfer feature and the legendaries. And then I hope a fan asks them about the served issues.

obin_gam

Ah chucks. Joined Team Valor (because red) but the three gyms in my town are all yellow. Well, one is blue for now, but the yellows are taking over it soon I guess.

Are you locked into a team forever?

Pachimari

There should be an option to take pics with the Pokémon you have already caught and not only when you're about to catch them. Surprised there's no such option.
Would be cool if you could take a screen of the Pokemon you caught standing beside your trainer.

Ah chucks. Joined Team Valor (because red) but the three gyms in my town are all yellow. Well, one is blue for now, but the yellows are taking over it soon I guess.

Are you locked into a team forever?
The only right choice.

Dmonzy

Okay guys here is the moment guys.

Which team to join?

Team Mystic is dominating worldwide right? Another reason why I don't want to go with that.

To be perfectly honest:

- mystic are tools that follow whatever twitch streamers tell them to
- valor are savages that love to insult you in real life if you're not valor
- instinct are hipsters that choose the less popular team because they think they can somehow make a difference in a losing battle worldwide

choose your poison.

Windam

Scaley member
Has PTC been down since yesterday? Keep getting the incorrect username/password error on both the site and the app even though they're right.

I did the Lucky Egg trick yesterday. I only had nine Pokemon to evolve, but I had a 10km egg ready to hatch, so I figured I would hatch that during the Lucky Egg run.

What sucked is that I also used an incense and I didn't come across ONE SINGLE POKEMON in that 30 minutes. What the heck!? I did get Kabuto from the egg, so that was pretty cool.

I don't understand how everyone has 1000+ CP Pokemon, my highest is like 500ish and I keep like powering these fuckers up. Not sure why some others are moving so much quicker with that stuff.

Toki767

I don't understand how everyone has 1000+ CP Pokemon, my highest is like 500ish and I keep like powering these fuckers up. Not sure why some others are moving so much quicker with that stuff.

Powering up pokemon is useless. Depending on what level you are, you just want to evolve pokemon that have almost maxed out CP by looking at the white CP bar.

To be perfectly honest:

- instinct are hipsters that choose the less popular team because they think they can somehow make a difference in a losing battle worldwide

choose your poison.
I picked a team because I liked the silhouette.

you have to dedicate a loooot of time to the game to be high up there. with as many server issues as the game has those people are getting exponentially higher than the "casual" crowd since most people will try it once or twice then give up. then there are the hardcore folk who dont lose eye contact with their phone.

Muppety

Has PTC been down since yesterday? Keep getting the incorrect username/password error on both the site and the app even though they're right.

Probably a silly question, but did you verify your email after signing up?

Either way, PTC has been far more unreliable for me (and any others).

Chaos17

I will repeat what I said on Reddit about cheating.

1. Any form of cheating in mmo games if spread widely will kill slowly but surely the game. Cheaters are bad for the health of community and game.
2. Cheating with this game is doing a middle finger to all the players who're playing this game fairly and also to the devs. You're completing ignoring the purpose of this app, getting people out.
3. I don't care whatever reason you've but if you really want to play a Pokemon Game please play the original games, they're 10 times better than this app. Don't use excuses to cheat just because you want to be part f the hype.

Edit: yes, I'm very strict because I've played a lot of mmorpgs and cheaters always hinder the life of normal players at some points.

Lucumo

To be perfectly honest:

choose your poison.

You do realize most people joined a team before some people starting streaming the game? And the first popular one is team Valor.

Daeda

every time they get the servers stable they release it to new countries and tank the servers again

Yeah, ironically it ran fine in The Netherlands before official release (with an estimated player base of 1.3m accowto some media) but since the launch on Saturday - btw, who releases stuff like this on the weekends, be smart use weekdays - its extremely unstable.

What level are you?

Powering up pokemon is useless. Depending on what level you are, you just want to evolve pokemon that have almost maxed out CP by looking at the white CP bar.

Ohhh okay. Never really paid attention to that bar before. Been working to evolve the most powerful Pokemon I have but I guess if that white bar is low then I should just hold out for a better one to come my way?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Worth it for the coins, but only if your timer is up so you can nab the bonus.

It's not really worth it if you can't nab the bonus. In most cases your shit isn't gonna last long enough to make it to the bonus.

That being said revives and pots are a dime a dozen especially if you don't use them. So you'll eventually just toss them. Why not use them first?

Argh, not being able to scroll down on the Pokemon profile pages is driving me crazy.

Tried the tips - scroll just at the edges, scroll up then down - nothing works.

I want to transfer a load of 'mons before I pop my lucky egg dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom