• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Well, if people believe it's gone, it's not such a big deal. If they still find it, that's just a pleasant surprise.

Or in this case a huge disappointment because I missed this Pokémon I saw for the first time in a month. If it doesn't show what is actually there, it is broken.

pringles

Spawns last 15 minutes, but they disappear from Sightings after 13. It sucked for that Mr. Mime and it explains many cases where I saw Pokémon that weren't in the Sightings menu. It is basically not showing Pokémon that are there 15% of the time.
I wonder if there's more to it than that though. Maybe they only disappear from sightings if they're a certain distance away at the 2 minute mark? I'm pretty sure I've caught pokemon right at the last second with them still on the sightings list.
However I've had moments where they would disappear and then reappear on the list despite going the same direction, and then I've found them. Which would be explained if they were <2 minutes from de-spawn and there's a different radius for them at that point.

adamy

Banned
I've really noticed how much the potion drops have been nerfed from Pokestops recently. It's incredibly difficult now to have more than a few Hyper Potions in the bag - once upon a time, I had so many of them that I had to delete them to make more space. They're even rarer than Ultra Balls now.

No, they're not

Maybe it's level based but I trash every hyper potion I get to make room for shit like ultra balls and max potions

image.jpg

If anything, max potions are closer to ultra balls. Hyper potions are still very common for me

I can't seem to break over 1300 CP. I'm level 21 (almost 22) and through catching wild pokemon and evolutions, my highest evolved is 1321 and highest wild is 1037. How do people get in the 1500's? 1800's etc? Is it through Powering Up, which I have been ignoring? Or do I need to hunt harder? (right now it's too hot plus I have a 5 month old baby, so going on Pokemon Go walks is LOW priority)

Stinkdeken

Neo Member
What's the chance that we are getting some kind of team change function?
I didn't expect that teams were going to matter as much as they do now and my gf and I are on different teams...

Yrael

No, they're not

Maybe it's level based but I trash every hyper potion I get to make room for shit like ultra balls and max potions

image.jpg

If anything, max potions are closer to ultra balls. Hyper potions are still very common for me

Perhaps it is level based. I'm not up to the point of getting max potions yet, but over the past few days I've spun over 150 Pokestops, and received only 10 hyper potions (compared to around 20 Ultra balls). Checking online, other people are reporting similar results:

http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-pokestop-drops-drop-rates/
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4whv63/3207_pokestops_data/

zroid

Banned
fuuu there was a Machop nearby (never seen one before), but when I checked jellies' radar it said there were only 30 seconds left D: D: D: D:

I actually ran out (into the rain!) but alas it was gone

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
fuuu there was a Machop nearby (never seen one before), but when I checked jellies' radar it said there were only 30 seconds left D: D: D: D:

saw one yesterday for the first time too. I managed to meet him outside but the punk ran away after some berries and balls. :(

Hycran

Banned
I can't seem to break over 1300 CP. I'm level 21 (almost 22) and through catching wild pokemon and evolutions, my highest evolved is 1321 and highest wild is 1037. How do people get in the 1500's? 1800's etc? Is it through Powering Up, which I have been ignoring? Or do I need to hunt harder? (right now it's too hot plus I have a 5 month old baby, so going on Pokemon Go walks is LOW priority)

It's usually through evolution that you see the big jumps. Catching high level guys in the wild is comparatively rare for the good pokes, but at your level as well you're right on the cusp of having the high CP guys. Just keep levelling and evolve a few guys with high multipliers and you'll be fine.

Also keep in mind that 10k eggs come with lots of candy so if you ever get a snorlax or lapras pump the crap out of it

fisheyes

saw one yesterday for the first time too. I managed to meet him outside but the punk ran away after some berries and balls. :(

My favourite part of this game is the variety of different experiences people have with different pokemon - the idea of a Machop being rare is so bizarre to me, I've caught more Machops in my suburb than I have Pidgeys, Rattatas and Zubats combined. I've seen people complain about not having Growlithes, meanwhile I've got 4 Arcanines and I'm pretty sure I ditched one or two. But then I've only ever seen 1 Koffing and 1 Grimer in my time.

ido

I stopped playing (got to lvl 20) a couple weeks ago but I picked it back up. I work at a university and the gym leader is a level 37 with a 3000+ dragonite.

So are people cheating now or is level 37 a thing? The XP required seems so daunting.

Yrael

I stopped playing (got to lvl 20) a couple weeks ago but I picked it back up. I work at a university and the gym leader is a level 37 with a 3000+ dragonite.

So are people cheating now or is level 37 a thing? The XP required seems so daunting.

Level 37 is most definitely a cheater.

zroid

Banned
My favourite part of this game is the variety of different experiences people have with different pokemon - the idea of a Machop being rare is so bizarre to me, I've caught more Machops in my suburb than I have Pidgeys, Rattatas and Zubats combined. I've seen people complain about not having Growlithes, meanwhile I've got 4 Arcanines and I'm pretty sure I ditched one or two. But then I've only ever seen 1 Koffing and 1 Grimer in my time.

yeah it's pretty interesting. that's why I don't think there will ever be free online trading in this, it would really trivialize filling out the Pokédex. trading will only be local, somehow, maybe with NFC?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

through leveling most unevolved pokemon i find are in the 600cp-900cp range im trainer level 27

Did they change the Spawns? There's one spawn point near my house that spawns at 47 minute past the hour but a pokemon just spawned at 37 (maybe earlier)

BowieZ

Banned
growlithes are the one common Pokemon that still make me happy every time I see them

especially when they swole as fuk

image.png

Just evolved him, 2349 cp...not bad
Mother of God.

Also, my gf lives in Sacramento and I live in socal. If I log into her account to get pokestops for her will she get banned? She was down here for the first month the game was out.
Dude, that's totally not in the spirit of the game, and hardcore cheating, really. Just play the game properly, both of you.

First day in London. Walked for 2 hours and found this bad boy:

No Mr Mime yet :p

Also can evolve a Hypno, had about 20 Drowzee candies since launch beforehand lol.

What's the best way to check IVs now that they're cracking down with bans? Manually typing them into a calculator like the old days?

AdanVC

Is there something it can be done so that more Pokemon can spawn on not so suburbian cities? I'm from Mexico and I'm getting bored and tired of always find the same type of pokemon. It's been like a week since the last new creature I registered on the Pokedex and I've been playing non-stop and I'm getting frustrated. Y'all having more than 100 registered already and I'm stuck with 71 still : / I'm level 19 and been playing literally since it launched on the US.

I don't even have caught a damn Squirtle yet! Not even with 3rd party tracking websites! So frustrating since my main goal was to truly try to catch them all but I guess that is going to be impossible since I don't live in a big/fancy city : /

pringles

Is there something it can be done so that more Pokemon can spawn on not so suburbian cities? I'm from Mexico and I'm getting bored and tired of always find the same type of pokemon. It's been like a week since the last new creature I registered on the Pokedex and I've been playing non-stop and I'm getting frustrated. Y'all having more than 100 registered already and I'm stuck with 71 still : / I'm level 19 and been playing literally since it launched on the US.

I don't even have caught a damn Squirtle yet! Not even with 3rd party tracking websites! So frustrating since my main goal was to truly try to catch them all but I guess that would be impossible since I don't live in a big/fancy city : /
I live in a small town and have a pokedex of 130 caught. It's possible. You need to explore different parts of your town/area and hatch lots of eggs!

AdanVC

I live in a small town and have a pokedex of 130 caught. It's possible. You need to explore different parts of your town/area and hatch lots of eggs!

130??? Holy cow you're at nothing of catching them all! What are the ones you're left to catch? And yes I guess the key is to hatch lot's of eggs since it's a bigger the chance to get new Pokémon there than trying to get them on the wild. I guess I don't have other option than spend a few pennies on several incubators to hatch all the eggs I have right now at the same time : /

Anyone else using PTC unable to log in right now? It's been down for me for about half an hour, I keep getting the "servers are busy, try again later" screen.

Undefined

this game is destroying my life.

I stay out late frequently now just catching pokemon.

I look at the map scanners and just run out or drive out right away even during work hours.

AdanVC

this game is destroying my life.

I stay out late frequently now just catching pokemon.

I look at the map scanners and just run out or drive out right away even during work hours.

God damn, same! One day I went running from the office where I work just to catch a Slowpoke since I didn't had one at that time. I said at work that I needed to make an urgent call and the reception inside the office was pretty bad so I needed to go outside lmao.

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I live in Vegas and also see lots of Machops, Growlithe/Arcanine, and since the update I've even been seeing Koffings around my neighborhood. I agree with you, it's fun to see the variation in Pokemon across the country. Lots of fire, ground, and rock types in Vegas.

BowieZ

Banned
The issue is she has one pokestop in her area and it's 20 minutes away.
I understand the current limitations in rural areas but it's still possible to have fun and complete a pokedex without doing that. Firstly, patience (for Pokemon, for hatching eggs, and for perhaps Niantic to get around to adding stops or rural advantages). And secondly, most people have plunked down cash for the game in one manner or other (pokécoins, power bricks, bus tickets)... so perhaps the occasional ball purchase is in order.

Vipu

Banned
Stupid bugged tracking system cost me a Mr mime. I try to triangle him, but he suddenly fails to reappear when I move back to the central point. I think I missed him so I just check pokemon nearby. Sucker is still there with two minutes left. Try to reach the right point, miss him by a second as he appears on screen and pops of just before I can catch him. If anyone claims this shit works, this should be good proof why tracking apps are needed.

It works.

Weird, I just got off my work wifi and it immediately connected. There's no way it could be blocked at my work, right?

I doubt it, funny enough my work's wifi was causing issues too lol...once I got off that I logged in immediately o.o

In other news, my friend told me where she found a Vulpix nest here. Going there today, even though the heat index is well over 105....

SiRatul

Finally my Snorlax story has a happy ending. Caught three Snorlaxes over the last week after tracking it in the same area. First one had 214CP, the second one had 850 but with perfect IV which was even more frustrating since there is no way I could get enough candy to power it up (still used the 6 candy to power him to 1000 since I was pretty much giving up on getting a decent one). But today I got this one which is now my strongest and first 2k+ Pokemon.

Finally my Snorlax story has a happy ending. Caught three Snorlaxes over the last week after tracking it in the same area. First one had 214CP, the second one had 850 but with perfect IV which was even more frustrating since there is no way I could get enough candy to power it up (still used the 6 candy to power him to 1000 since I was pretty much giving up on getting a decent one). But today I got this one which is now my strongest and first 2k+ Pokemon.

Nice, also....dat stardust o.o

Cynn

yeah it's pretty interesting. that's why I don't think there will ever be free online trading in this, it would really trivialize filling out the Pokédex. trading will only be local, somehow, maybe with NFC?
Very likely. Online trading would basically make the whole game concept break.

pringles

130??? Holy cow you're at nothing of catching them all! What are the ones you're left to catch? And yes I guess the key is to hatch lot's of eggs since it's a bigger the chance to get new Pokémon there than trying to get them on the wild. I guess I don't have other option than spend a few pennies on several incubators to hatch all the eggs I have right now at the same time : /
Yeah I've spent some money on incubators, it's worth it imo since it motivates me to walk/run more. Mostly just have evolutions of a bunch of stuff left to take care of. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Pikachu, Doduo, Magikarp, grimer etc. , slow going but I'll get there eventually. Mr. Mime is the big one that eludes me as far as needing a ton of luck to find one.

How are you defining small?
Population 20.000 or so, 5-10 gyms spread out over town, not a ton of pokestops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom