• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
went into the city today caught a bunch of candy for stuff i need but only managed to get a gyarados as a new pokemon putting me at 130 caught

sophora

Hatched these two from two 10km eggs.

jbynrvN.jpg

BSHiH0E.jpg

Pretty happy about both of them.

CrazE

Banned
SoCal here too. Seen/caught one grimer, 0 muk and I'm level 28. I'm the only person I know who has seen a grimer let alone muk

Edit: nvm, just checked. I hatched him. Seen 0 grimers and muks

Lol.. yep. Our area stinks for them then. Well.. we have a shit load of Growlithe and such!

SoCal here too. Seen/caught one grimer, 0 muk and I'm level 28. I'm the only person I know who has seen a grimer let alone muk

Edit: nvm, just checked. I hatched him. Seen 0 grimers and muks

I'm in Los Angeles (Koreatown) as well and I've seen + caught exactly one Grimer, and it was one I found using pokemonnearby.io while I was looking for parking. I've never seen another Grimer since, either on that particular street or anywhere else.

Never seen a Muk, of course.

deanote666

Where did you go?

Baltimore, MD inner harbor during Otakon 2016. Dratini spawned fairly regularly and fairly regularly on lures.

Screenshot_2016-08-11-19-43-44_zpsmzmdy1bk.png

Screenshot_2016-08-13-21-40-01_zps26bh27bw.png

In 5 days, I caught:
45 Dratini
359 Magikarp
119 Psyduck
70 Slowpoke
18 Staryu
15 ekans
2 sandshrew
4 omanyte
Various others.

Had a 1500CP Charizard run from me the last day.

deanote666

Damn, I miss going to Otakon. Last time I went is when JAM Project performed there Live. Good times.

I may have to go next year if this game is still popular then. :p

Otakon is moving to DC next year. Don't know what it has as far as pokestops and pokemon but should have lures on what's there.

Should I evolve my 439 CP, 50 HP, 1900 dust Dratini? I haven't checked all the IV's for the low CP ones but this one is a Maximum : 91.1%, Average: 89.6%, Minimum : 88.9%

Which is better? To evolve and power a high %, low CP one or a 80%+ higher CP one?

I'm new to IV's and I'll probably never see another Dratini so I want to make my candies count.

AdanVC

Mini story time:

So I was at home doing projects and with the pokemon track app open when suddenly a damn Alakazam appeared on the app at 3 streets from here so I went quickly and fucking Alakazam escaped from me!! I got so pissed! Then a couple of kids on their bicycles hear me and they said: "Are you playing Pokemon Go?" and I said "Yes, there is an Alakazam right now and right here and he just escaped from me so I'm screwed, but you can still catch it so better hurry up!" And lmao you should have seen their faces went like: OMFG!!! and they accelerated quickly to their homes to get the phone and catch him hahah. That was cool but goddamn I missed that Alakazam :c

Otakon is moving to DC next year. Don't know what it has as far as pokestops and pokemon but should have lures on what's there.

Wow, they're finally moving? They wanted to a while ago, then said they'd never move. Guess they just got too big.

Ah well. Anyway back OT, got another Growlithe :D

esai

I'm in Riverside and confirm that Growlithe is common in SoCal. Never seen a Squirtle. Hatched mine. Also got my grimer from an egg.

Mini story time:

So I was at home doing projects and with the pokemon track app open when suddenly a damn Alakazam appeared on the app at 3 streets from here so I went quickly and fucking Alakazam escaped from me!! I got so pissed! Then a couple of kids on their bicycles hear me and they said: "Are you playing Pokemon Go?" and I said "Yes, there is an Alakazam right now and right here and he just escaped from me so I'm screwed, but you can still catch it so better hurry up!" And lmao you should have seen their faces went like: OMFG!!! and they accelerated quickly to their homes to get the phone and catch him hahah. That was cool but goddamn I missed that Alakazam :c

Yeah reminds me of when someone in my party missed the Wild Venusaur but we let others know it was there. With the maps not working as well or as much anymore, people really appreciate the heads up.

You did a good thing tho!

Oh, and I just got a second 10k egg!
Two Eevees here I come! ;p

How do you guys determine when to use great and ultra balls other than the colour of the circle? Are ultras really rare from Pokestops or do they drop as often as greats?

Why do they limit themselves to the stats of the pokemon in the main games when it comes to balancing this one? Why arbitrarily limit the balancing like that?

After walking around and around the block waiting for my 10k egg to hatch (it was stuck at 9.98 forever), this beauty finally hatched. 84% IV, great moveset, and my first one after a month and a half of playing every day!

Fnz4fvc.jpg

piggychan

so jelly with the high level Snorlax's

Hatched this from a 10k egg
D709DBAA-C1BE-44F7-8970-ACB60574AE25.png

and then later on hatched this guy from another 10k egg
36E60885-AAA6-4610-8ED1-A184818CCC25.png

Found 2 growlithe nests although one of them I spent way too much time there and didn't get much because the area was sooo big.
BD8DF31A-3498-42A0-827A-7C7D633FC8A2.png

Then later evolved them to :
DBBB11D4-8FAE-4FA0-B1D5-20384531F748.png

bumped into this guy but it's cp was bad...
505BB665-3538-4752-A75C-32B9E9EFD5E1.png

During my travels today found this level 8 gym with entry level pokemon o_O
4DDA77AA-AD71-4A18-AC84-2C767CDB49F1.png

I don't know if this is suppose to be right but upon first pokeball throw do any of you guys end up throwing the ball so far it almost disappears ?
41C61ED7-A2FA-4768-B0CC-419478A2AF85.png

C8E9997E-1017-4B5F-A9D7-20CA4C28B42A.png

2A7FC790-1CE1-4F12-A902-E5F1807AC68C.png

Why do they limit themselves to the stats of the pokemon in the main games when it comes to balancing this one? Why arbitrarily limit the balancing like that?

Laziness. There is no other explanation. The Eevee evolutions all have the same stat total in the main games, yet Flareon has ~50 less than Vaporeon and Jolteon is ~100. It's ridiculous.

I get that some Pokemon are just stronger than others, but some things should be really simple yet somehow Niantic dropped the ball.

I had the Team Rocket-esque blast off Pokeball animation happen to me for the first time ever today. It's pretty funny actually. xD (Wouldn't have been if it was an Ultra Ball ;p[/spoiler]

fritolay

So you only use a berry for each pokeball that they break out of correct? So if you use a berry, and miss, it is still good until the pokeball is used?

So, what's the consensus on the highest level someone could legitimately be at right now?

There's a level 34 in a nearby gym and that just seems like it's borderline.

MANUELF

Banned
Caught my first grimer today but is a bad one, my game crashed twice before he appeared and once when I was looking at its moves :(

In no other moment did it crash

jariw

Caught my first grimer today but is a bad one, my game crashed twice before he appeared and once when I was looking at its moves :(

In no other moment did it crash

There's a bug in the game that causes the game to crash on some Android models when Grimer appears. There's a workaround that supposedly works, which involves preloading the 3D model by slowly scrolling through the Pokedex.

I'm surprised people don't exploit this crash bug by putting more Grimer pokemons on gyms.

MANUELF

Banned
There's a bug in the game that causes the game to crash on some Android models when Grimer appears. There's a workaround that supposedly works, which involves preloading the 3D model by slowly scrolling through the Pokedex.

I'm surprised people don't exploit this crash bug by putting more Grimer pokemons on gyms.

Add the Moto G4+ to the list then :(

My Pokedex Finally at 141 at level 27. I can't seem to see or hatch a Tauros yet. Majority of my registers were from evolves and my candies earned through eggs.

AdanVC

Yeah reminds me of when someone in my party missed the Wild Venusaur but we let others know it was there. With the maps not working as well or as much anymore, people really appreciate the heads up.

You did a good thing tho!

Oh, and I just got a second 10k egg!
Two Eevees here I come! ;p

Thaaaanks! Yes! it's annoying when the pokemon runs away from you but pretty nice when you let others know there's a rare pokemon in there. Such a nice feeling. (Still mad I didn't catch that Alakazam tho, hahah )

Jintor

I also want to smack the person who decided your GPS location can move between you activating a pokestop and it actually zooming into the pokestop.

The amount of bullshit "hey spin me! Haha j/ks. No seriously though spin me - gotcha!!!" is fucking infuriating

Banzai

I think a single Krabby egg just gave me 50 candies. That can't be right, can it? What determines the number of candies you get when hatching an egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom