• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

First day in London. Walked for 2 hours and found this bad boy:

No Mr Mime yet :p

Also can evolve a Hypno, had about 20 Drowzee candies since launch beforehand lol.

What's the best way to check IVs now that they're cracking down with bans? Manually typing them into a calculator like the old days?

Good luck trying to find a Mr Mime. I've been playing since before the official release here and only seen the silhouette pop up once on the radar... And that was when I was in a car about 150 miles away.

Your best bet might honestly be a 10km egg and praying it's the one you need. I don't know a place where they spawn, and I'm on 130 caught now.

Azole

Neo Member
Not even 2 weeks later and already over half-way to my 2nd Gyarados! lol

Just for fun, I'm looking for a 100% IV Magikarp.

Spend 7 hours in SF at pier 39 and got 950 candies (1050 total now). It was a karps nest! I have yet to find a 100% IV one though...

AdanVC

Yeah I've spent some money on incubators, it's worth it imo since it motivates me to walk/run more. Mostly just have evolutions of a bunch of stuff left to take care of. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Pikachu, Doduo, Magikarp, grimer etc. , slow going but I'll get there eventually. Mr. Mime is the big one that eludes me as far as needing a ton of luck to find one.

Population 20.000 or so, 5-10 gyms spread out over town, not a ton of pokestops.

Yes! Will definitely spend some money on incubators and a few lucky eggs just to get more XP.

Good luck trying to find a Mr Mime. I've been playing since before the official release here and only seen the silhouette pop up once on the radar... And that was when I in a car about 150 miles away.

Your best bet might honestly be a 10km egg and praying it's the one you need. I don't know a place where they spawn, and I'm on 130 caught now.

It seems Mr. Mime is like the rarest Pokemon to find or get right now?? Starting by the fact that it's exclusive to regions and all of that. Such a kewl pokemon.

Vipu

Banned
It seems Mr. Mime is like the rarest Pokemon to find or get right now?? Starting by the fact that it's exclusive to regions and all of that. Such a kewl pokemon.

I have mime and 102 found in pokedex. Charmander is more rare since I still havent even seen it with many other pokes.

GulAtiCa

Spend 7 hours in SF at pier 39 and got 950 candies (1050 total now). It was a karps nest! I have yet to find a 100% IV one though...

Cool. Yeah, I kinda figure my chances are very slim. I don't really need a 100% Magikarp. But since I have a 95% Gyarados with the best move set already, not like I need another right away.

AdanVC

I have mime and 102 found in pokedex. Charmander is more rare since I still havent even seen it with many other pokes.

Here Charmander is actually pretty common! Bulbasur not so much and Squirtle. Squirtle is rare as fuccc. Haven't even seen it on the sighting list nor on 3rd party tracking websites. So yeah I guess it's simply a matter of regions and where do you locate.

Muk seems to be the rarest, at least around here

Such a mess really. Where in certain cities, Muk could be common, in others is like trying to find Bigfoot!

GulAtiCa

Oddly enough out of the 4 starting Pokemon, Charmander for me seems the most rare. I only need 1 more Pikachu, have 30+ candies of Bulbasaur & Squirtle (caught 1 today too) but have yet to even be in a spot where a Charmander is.

They are out there, I occasionally see them on my list sightings, but usually in an areas on the opposite side of where I'm going.

Joni

You weren't tracking it correctly. Don't blame the game for your poor navigational skills.
What was I doing incorrectly according to you? And why does that excuse them disappearing?

I consider it working since I have not missed a single pokemon because of it.
How would you know if they don't appear despite being there? That is a weak rebuttal for a clear problem. If a map shows me pokemon clearly in range then the nearby should as well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You weren't tracking it correctly. Don't blame the game for your poor navigational skills.

I consider it working since I have not missed a single pokemon because of it.
Congratulations that it works perfectly for you.

However, the problem is not with the users. There are several types of different urban layouts around the world that make it a pain the ass, or flat-out impossible in many cases, to triangulate things in the dark like this before a Pokemon despawns.

More importantly, the company that makes the game agrees that the current system isn't ideal.

-The concept trailer had better tracking.
-Footprints was a better type of tracking to let you know what general direction to follow.
-The new Nearby being tested in SF is better tracking, and it's not unlikely that they will add similar improvements to Sightings.

The current style of tracking is officially lacking. They are testing something better as we speak. People will continue to get frustrated by it with good reason until future updates roll out.

jelmerjt

Yeah :D

Bjlh7HG.png

IYM5Zt5.jpg

Is this Magikarp level 15 or 16 by the way (I'm level 24)? Not really sure.

WyxQJLi.png

Le-mo

I'm so glad I live in Seattle. The place is a goldmine for Pokemon. I'm at 140 caught. I'm only missing Kabutops, Omastar, the region exclusives and the legendaries.

Just had too much fun taking a gym out from under some kids roaming around campus on bikes taking over everything...twice This is my house, get out!

Mattiator

I used about 80 great balls and had a Dragonite run on me last night. Is there a chance it will spawn in the same are again or is it completely random??
Thanks for any info :)

fuuu there was a Machop nearby (never seen one before), but when I checked jellies' radar it said there were only 30 seconds left D: D: D: D:

I actually ran out (into the rain!) but alas it was gone

Yup, went out and caught my very first one last night! My city is good for Pokestops, but rare Pokemon not so much.

I'm so glad I live in Seattle. The place is a goldmine for Pokemon. I'm at 140 caught. I'm only missing Kabutops, Omastar, the region exclusives and the legendaries.

Jeez. I'm at like 60 something caught and I'm almost level 22.

This town is lacking in variety, luckily it has some meta Pokémon for gyms at least.

SiRatul

This town is lacking in variety, luckily it has some meta Pokémon for gyms at least.

I think at some point one has to look elsewhere than the standard places to get further in the pokedex. I was stuck in the 70s (was halfway through to level 22 and eggs were giving me the same things over and over) until I had a bit time the last few days and headed out to the neighboring cities and the parks their (15-30minute drives) and I'm at 110/111 all of sudden and just reached level 24. Those places had completely different pokemon than my area and I got loads of candies to evolve stuff that I didn't have yet.

CrazE

Banned
What's the "F" mean on the pokenearby radar? That was just added in a few days ago right? Anyone know what that f means? It had 2 on it the other day. Today it has one. Thanks for any insight.

Muk seems to be the rarest, at least around here

Never seen one of those or a Grimer yet. OC Cali here.

I think at some point one has to look elsewhere than the standard places to get further in the pokedex. I was stuck in the 70s (was halfway through to level 22 and eggs were giving me the same things over and over) until I had a bit time the last few days and headed out to the neighboring cities and the parks their (15-30minute drives) and I'm at 110/111 all of sudden and just reached level 24. Those places had completely different pokemon than my area and I got loads of candies to evolve stuff that I didn't have yet.

Yeah, I'm going on a 2 hour drive this weekend and a 4 hour drive next weekend, so I'm hoping to find some new Pokémon.

I'll be in Irvine in October for a week so between DDR A and Pokémon Go it'll be a fun trip.

Fuu

First Gengar, another Dratini, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Gloom, and more of the usual suspects. Nice.

I also did the Lucky Egg thing and I'm on Lv17 now. I'll soon be in the slow crawl league.

adamy

Banned
Never seen one of those or a Grimer yet. OC Cali here.
SoCal here too. Seen/caught one grimer, 0 muk and I'm level 28. I'm the only person I know who has seen a grimer let alone muk

Edit: nvm, just checked. I hatched him. Seen 0 grimers and muks

The Cowboy

Just found a Venusaur at cp 1435 - I'm level 21.

Used 32 razz berrys (until ran out), 29 ultra balls (until ran out) and 37 great balls (i counted all as i wanted to see how many it took) - easily more than 90% throws landed a nice, great or excellent all on curves (i'm a very good shot) - no catch and in the end it ran off.

Not pleased with that.

adamy

Banned

Used 32 razz berrys (until ran out), 29 ultra balls (until ran out) and 37 great balls (i counted all as i wanted to see how many it took) - easily more than 90% throws landed a nice, great or excellent all on curves (i'm a very good shot) - no catch and in the end it ran off.

Not pleased with that.

If it makes you feel better, it's IV was trash

DrStiles

Not pleased with that.

That story pretty much just happened with me and a Blastoise. One day I'll catch one.

Le-mo

I'm level 25. We have a Charmander nest, Bulbasaur nest and Squirtles are scattered around the city and are fairly common.

I used about 80 great balls and had a Dragonite run on me last night. Is there a chance it will spawn in the same are again or is it completely random??
Thanks for any info :)

Lapras spawned in my backyard a few weeks ago.
Haven't seen it here ever again.

So my guess would be that the spawn points of rare pokemon are random and not like "one xy per week".

Productive day today

Hit level 19 and then popped a lucky egg to mass evolve for 46k experience to get halfway to level 21, and then found an 1100 CP Vaporeon that took way too many balls to catch, a few great balls and 6 ultra balls lol

I do that with my right hand spinning the ball like crazy. Kids think I'm a pro or something...I'm just bad as f*ck with the "normal" launch and can't hit shit withouth the curve effect.

Yep, this way I get Great and Excellents like crazy :)

Good day for me, 5 eggs hatched got some nice big CPs, will help with evolutions.

Oh and a 10k egg again finally! :D

Fuu

Went to the gym around the corner to get my bonus reward for the day after I got home from work. Wasn't planning to stick around beyond that, but then met two guys and we went after an Arbok.

It was on our Sightings and they were using an Android map app that showed it (I'm playing on iOS). Pokemesh I believe. They heard about the bannings and were using throwaway accounts, but I wouldn't trust even that to be honest. It didn't appear on pokemonnearby, so I tagged along to reap the benefits. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom