• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of how they set up friendly gyms. It feels completely pointless to power them up. It's easier for me to one-man an enemy gym than it is to level up my own, and I get more out of it.
As mentioned earlier, using a pokemon with lower (I believe equal works too) CP than the weakest pokemon in a gym and just beating him over and over will power up a gym in no time, especially if there's more than one person training atcthe same time. I find it much more worthwhile than taking over enemy gyms since any gyms below lvl 5 or so get taken out in no time.

This also provides value to pokemon that don't have a massive CP. I'm using basically my entire roster of pokemon in gym training since the weakest pokemon in any given gym can range from 10CP to 2000+. And when you don't have the advantage of 6 pokemon and possible co-op things like type advantage, dodging, move-effectiveness etc all become more important. It can be pretty fun imo.

Pachimari

Hmmm, I haven't touched this much for the past 3 days. In that I haven't gone on any Pokémon hunt. Maybe I just needed a break. It's just that I'm getting sick of the regular Pokémon turning up all the time, so I basically just catch anything, because I rarely find anything new anymore. I guess I still have 3-4 months to catch the Gen I Pokémon before they throw the Gen II ones at us.

Hatched my first ever Tangela today :)

Never even seen a wild one here.

Nice! Mine has Vine Whip and Solar Beam... stats are decent too at the high 70's but I am holding out for the perfect one one day....

(Also got one via egg - haven't seen one in the wild ever)

Hmmm, I haven't touched this much for the past 3 days. In that I haven't gone on any Pokémon hunt. Maybe I just needed a break. It's just that I'm getting sick of the regular Pokémon turning up all the time, so I basically just catch anything, because I rarely find anything new anymore. I guess I still have 3-4 months to catch the Gen I Pokémon before they throw the Gen II ones at us.

For me, every Pokemon is worth something now that I've been using the GoIV calc. I look at it like:

- ooh a Pidgey/Caterpie/Weedle! Goes towards the bulk level up (I need like 60 of them) and possibility of a perfect
- other Pokemon - if IV is not high 80 or 90, I toss it unless they really surprise me like the Tangela I mentioned whose such a beast against some water types

And I can do it instantly. Battling has a diff purpose where I just want to buy the bag and etc. upgrade from the shop.

Pachimari

I'm not even into the IV thing yet. I really want to, but I don't know how to do it. It seems like it changes all the time, in what calculator I should use, and I don't want the risk of getting banned. So if somebody could teach me and show me the IV game, I would really appreciate it.

Mr_Moogle

The harder to catch Pokemon has completely ruined the game for me. It's just not fun to have 200 CP clefairy jump out of a great ball after a a Razberry.

It's ruining my enjoyement of the game too. It's not fun wasting raz and great balls on shitty low level sandshrews.

What frustrates me so much is that the higher level you get, the worse you are at actually catching pokemon. I'm about to hit level 20 and the amount of balls I waste now is staggering.

I don't mind having rare Pokemon break out and escape as this holds true to the original games but it shouldn't happen with common, low level Pokemon.

hirokazu

It's interesting the Pokemon people interpret as rare based on their location. I couldn't move for pinsirs yesterday but I still haven't even seen a drowsee
Exactly what I was thinking, LOL. Although I do have enough Drowsees to have evolved one, but Pinsirs are everywhere.

My friend was showing me all her army of Rapidashes and Arcanines as well and I was like WHAT, HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.

hirokazu

Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but playing Pokemon Go at 3 different airports on the west coast, ive caught about 25-30 drowzees. Its weird, I have found one while playing in LA since launch but found around 15 waiting for a flight at LAX. Seattle, Sacramento, and LA airports were stuffed with them
I wonder if they're common around airports and ports. Most of the ones I've caught have been near Circular Quay ferry wharves in Sydney.

Day 3: Will be going to Holland and Hyde parks.

Let's hope a Mr Mime reveals itself.

Have only gotten one 10km egg in my stay so far (was a Scyther).

jariw

It's ruining my enjoyement of the game too. It's not fun wasting raz and great balls on shitty low level sandshrews.

What frustrates me so much is that the higher level you get, the worse you are at actually catching pokemon. I'm about to hit level 20 and the amount of balls I waste now is staggering.

I don't mind having rare Pokemon break out and escape as this holds true to the original games but it shouldn't happen with common, low level Pokemon.

I think the system works great for where I live (it's mainly a matter of having a few pokestops to farm pokeballs, and a large storage bag). With the ultra balls, it's a pretty fun risk/reward system.

Usually, I have about 100 normal pokeballs, around 60 great balls and 40 ultra balls and 50 raz berries. If I run out on normal pokeballs, I go farming for a while. I use normal pokeballs without raz berries on all unimportant pokemons, not wasting more than 4 pokeballs on any catch. I use raz berries+great balls on things that is somewhat important (Pokemons required for a specific evolution), and I save the ultra balls for the really important Pokemons.

zulux21

I just saw the ban message.
it's so cute that they pretend like they will respond to anyone :p

I am guessing most of the bans are to pokemon trainer accounts and not google accounts?

zulux21

from this

pokemongowarning.png

also yay wild seadra.

but yeah I can confirm that message is legit as a friend who has been using a scanner had his account banned about 3 hours ago.

Acinixys

It's interesting the Pokemon people interpret as rare based on their location. I couldn't move for pinsirs yesterday but I still haven't even seen a drowsee

Yup

Im drowning in Tangela, Pinsirs and Dodrios

But ive seen one Vulpix and zero Drowzees and ive been playing since day one

Vipu

Banned
I'm going to Universal Studios in Orlando FL in about 6 weeks. Apparently this is a map of all the Pokestops there. Holy cow! I mean, Pokemon Go will be taking a back seat to my vacation of course. But good to know there are so many Pokestops there to fill up inbetween rides. I'm currently at 500 max items, I'll very likely get it up to 600 before I leave.

Where can i find this map, does it also show gyms?

zulux21

Which scanner did he use?
One that uses his own account?

the pokemon go - live map on a burner pokemon trainer account.
though he has been having problems the last few days with it so he has been using his burner google account that he used before the trainer account. That one hasn't been banned though despite using it to scan quite a bit.

Yup

drowzee are slightly more common than Eevee around here.
I've never seen tangela, pinsir or dodrio in the wild though. I have the first two from eggs though.

I've seen one vulpix, and I haven't even ever seen a charmander in a gym let alone in the wild lol.

Chuckie

Yup

I''d give you like 50 Drowzees for some Dodrio's haha. (I did find two Doduos, so I guess it won't be completely impossible for me)

MANUELF

Banned
Yup

Im the same, plus eevees are more common than anything non pest (pidgeys and rattatas)
Is so maddening when you only get them from a lure

oti

Banned
My mom still calls me every day to tell me what she caught. She loves this game.

I downloaded the game onto the phone of my cousin's mom. He's 7, super lazy and only plays Clash of Clans like of games. He always wants to play something with war so I thought something nicer like Pokémon could break him out if this habit for a bit.

Well, after a day his mom deleted the app because she read on Facebook that a little girl died playing it. I asked her how the little girl died specifically and she didn't know, just that she died because of Pokémon GO and since it was on Facebook it's true for her. Now my cousin is back to playing Clash Royale and so on.

Is that Mr Mime? I've seen it in the list but never encountered it. I guess I need to look around more.

I get tons of Drowzees at work. I sometimes have two just outside my window. Tons of Eevees in the area too, I just made my second set of evolutions (the last Volteon sucked though).

Glad to hear people are getting banned. I saw some kids bragging about "some Chinese app" they used to GPS jump to NYC or scan any place. I hope they get hacked, and then banned :D.

Koren

but yeah I can confirm that message is legit as a friend who has been using a scanner had his account banned about 3 hours ago.
I'd be curious to know what kind of scanner, and if it's the real reason. Because seeing how most scanners work, it's guessing game for Niantic, and prone to false positives...

The only thing they now is that someone used a scanner around the same time and place that someone used the app... Banning the latter, hoping that it's the same one as the former seems... hazardous.

Well I changed my password, nothing seems to be changed on my account and I didn't really have any gold for them to spend....I wonder why someone would even bother?

Universal and Disneyworld are Pokestop City. Holy shit. Makes the line waits easier!

my disneyland annual pass gets some Pokemon go love for sure. even if there is no epic spawns or anything, the fact that there are like a million pokestops with pretty much all of them lured makes waiting a long ass time for everything almost fun

KingBroly

Banned
I'm at a point where the Pokemon I'm encountering drain my Balls like water. Even Great Balls. I need Ultra Balls. They also need to fix the Catch Rate already >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom