• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Incense affected by the spawns in the area? Is it better used in an area that has a lot of Pokemon normally, or is it fine when you're walking anywhere?

From my understanding it's completely random and has nothing to do with nearby spawns. Prepare for an onslaught of Pidgeys and Rattatas.

Joni

Is Incense affected by the spawns in the area? Is it better used in an area that has a lot of Pokemon normally, or is it fine when you're walking anywhere?

From my understanding it's completely random and has nothing to do with nearby spawns. Prepare for an onslaught of Pidgeys and Rattatas.

It seems based on the typical spawns you can expect in an area. You can apparantly 'glitch' the system by going to an area that doesn't have spawn points, which will spawn more rare Pokémon.

Koren

What's exactly a spawn point and how do you locate them? By memorizing where you've seen previous Pokémons? By launching Ingress?

Thailand Government to officially endorse Pokemon Go.

My country, lol
Well, some mayors here try to make it illegal to play Pokemon Go in their town... I'd be curious if they have a legal ground to stand, in fact.

Joni

I had a good day. Took in 138 Pokémon in total including my first (two) Dratini, a Dugtrio, a Growlithe, and a Victreebel which at 1000 CP is a bit weak. Conclusion, I went from 300 Pokéballs to about 50.

Thanks for clearing that up. :p

Has it been confirmed if it's one way or the other?

It has been Reddit tested.

GulAtiCa

Yesterday I went for a run in an area that had better Pokemon spawning, and when I used 2 incenses back to back, I got a good bit of Pokemon. Dratini, Eevees, Gastly, Drowsee and more. I find it funny a Dratini was incensed spawned where a actual Dratini was. The incense one ran away sadly, but did get the natural spawn one. Also caught so many Magikarps, increased my candy by 50 in just an hour of running.

Only downside to where I was, is that there are a lot fewer Pokestops. On my main run for 30 min in 1 direction and then 30 min back, prob only hit 8 Pokestops max. While an hour run at my normal part of the trail would hit me like 20, but have a lot less Pokemon around.

On the plus side, the beginning of it at a park where you park has like 6 all next to each other (not counting this in my stat above)

I thought people were nuts for thinking that the number of potions from stops was lowered but...I sit at a Pokestop at work so I'm spinning the damn thing all day and I haven't seen any potions since early yesterday.

Chaos17

Finaly gone out today for my little walk, felt good. I also reached level 12 so I get "great balls" now.

New addition to my Pokedex.
CqFCYF0WEAEAcvB.jpg

My internet operator is kinda bad but it's generous with internet data usuage, hmmm...

I thought people were nuts for thinking that the number of potions from stops was lowered but...I sit at a Pokestop at work so I'm spinning the damn thing all day and I haven't seen any potions since early yesterday.

yeah it was a dramatic difference. that patch brought harder to catch pokemon and less potions.... they need to hurry up and bring out that new tracker to remedy this -_-

KingV

yeah it was a dramatic difference. that patch brought harder to catch pokemon and less potions.... they need to hurry up and bring out that new tracker to remedy this -_-

The harder to catch Pokemon has completely ruined the game for me. It's just not fun to have 200 CP clefairy jump out of a great ball after a a Razberry.

jelmerjt

Finally evolved Dragonair into Dragonite...

Moves: Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse. Incredible FAIL. Please developer remove fixed moves :')

adamy

Banned
93 max potions

Already trash every other potion and revive I get and am starting to consider trashing even max potions to make room for ultra balls

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One cool thing about this game is that it can bring small sparks of joy to a mundane work day. This monday a Muk was just sitting outside my work. Hadn't even found a Grimer, so that was a very nice surprise. Also hatched a Growlithe today, my first.

Today was crazy for lvl fodder breaking free and running, even at low cp. Level 21 now, but it's getting harder to find exp. fodder since pidgey/rattata/etc are very quick to run away.

I also hit 80 caught today, which I'm pretty happy with, living in a rural area. Hitting 100 will be hard, thinking about calling it quits for a while when I hit that.

GulAtiCa

I'm going to Universal Studios in Orlando FL in about 6 weeks. Apparently this is a map of all the Pokestops there. Holy cow! I mean, Pokemon Go will be taking a back seat to my vacation of course. But good to know there are so many Pokestops there to fill up inbetween rides. I'm currently at 500 max items, I'll very likely get it up to 600 before I leave.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
pokemonnearby has been failing me :[

bulbasaur, omanyte, pinsir, caterpie and weedle on sightings, but it only found a weedle. missed a cubone earlier today too that didn't show up. and an arbok that I captured yesterday didn't appear either.

edit: the cubone actually popped up with 30s to go

bulbasaur, omanyte, pinsir, caterpie and weedle on sightings, but it only found a weedle. missed a cubone earlier today too that didn't show up. and an arbok that I captured yesterday didn't appear either.

Yeah I'm in the same boat

How often does it refresh the scan? every 5-10 mins?

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
> 46 Exeggcute Candy ( mostly from eggs, only one or two found in the wild ever )
> Exeggcute on radar
> Rush outside and find it instantly
> Razz Berry + Ultra Ball
> Instant break-out and run

Oh, come on.

I'm going to Universal Studios in Orlando FL in about 6 weeks. Apparently this is a map of all the Pokestops there. Holy cow! I mean, Pokemon Go will be taking a back seat to my vacation of course. But good to know there are so many Pokestops there to fill up inbetween rides. I'm currently at 500 max items, I'll very likely get it up to 600 before I leave.

Dude, that's awesome.

I'd image Disney World and Downtown Disney would be pretty hoping with Pokestops too, no?

ta9qi

Guys, is Aerodactyl worth using my stardust on? i got him from an egg with CP 1178 and 33 candies.
is he good in gym fights compared to others?

After finding the nearest Charmander nest a couple days ago and jogged around 21 miles around this humongous park on and off since Sunday, I finally evolved my first Charizard today!

29013370136_55e193b0fb_z.jpg
29051881225_7492e24ee0_z.jpg

If anything, Pokemon Go's hooked me up with some decent stamina since I've started playing. xD You're next Bulbasaur!

GulAtiCa

Damn, nice!

The only nests I know of so far are a Magikarp nest (few of them actually) at my running trail. And a Growlithe nest at the Atlanta Botantical Gardens.

pringles

Guys, is Aerodactyl worth using my stardust on? i got him from an egg with CP 1178 and 33 candies.
is he good in gym fights compared to others?
Depends on the moves I think. I found him awful with Steel Wing/Ancient Power but recently got one with Bite/Hyper Beam that seems to work a lot better.

My experience recently is the same. It's missing A LOT. Can usually find everything with only the in game tracking though.

Damn, nice!

The only nests I know of so far are a Magikarp nest (few of them actually) at my running trail. And a Growlithe nest at the Atlanta Botantical Gardens.

Thanks! All of the nests I've been to so far have primarily been parks connected to golf courses or regular parks.

Yes I'm Jelly at all you good nest people. I'd gladly exchange our Magmar and Ponyta nest for a Charmander or even Bulbasaur nest ;p

Yeah, super lucky they're all relatively easy to get to around the Sheffield area. The local FB group has been super helpful.

Oxx

I'm almost at 400 Magikarp candies. I'm not sure if I should evolve right away, or save them for a better Karp to evolve.

Thanks! All of the nests I've been to so far have primarily been parks connected to golf courses or regular parks.

Yeah, super lucky they're all relatively easy to get to around the Sheffield area. The local FB group has been super helpful.

Ooh where's the Charmander nest? I've noticed they seem to be pretty common now on the hill from the train station up to Hallam, but anywhere more common is great.

Ooh where's the Charmander nest? I've noticed they seem to be pretty common now on the hill from the train station up to Hallam, but anywhere more common is great.

Concord Park. The problem is that it's so big you're gonna want a bike to get to scout it quickly. I did the hard thing and jogged all over the damn place. Plus they tend to come in waves so if you're on the other side of the park, you need to haul ass and hope they're still there.

Chelsea Park is also a Bulbasaur nest and thankfully that's smaller. Still has the issue of spawns coming in waves though. Golf courses in Rotherham and Doncaster are apparently lit with Bulbasaurs and Charmanders respectively according to the FB group.

Hillsborough Park near where I live is a Pikachu nest and you can easily get enough in less than an hour to evolve to Raichu. :)

GulAtiCa

I'd say wait till you have at least a 90%+ Magikarp. I got lucky and got a 95% Magikarp just when I was ready to evolve him. Also got very lucky with it's move set too.

jts

...hate me...
Both a Dragonair and a Weezing fleeing from Ultra Balls today :( Had never seen them before.

Now sitting at 5 Pokémon seen but not caught. 84/89

Have been hatching so many eggs though. Mostly shit but at least got a handful of new evolutions lined up, including 2 Eevees ready to go.

Oh and btw pokemonnearby didn't seem too sharp today. Not showing lots of Pokemon that were up on my radar.

Lukemon

he just made my day <3

image.png

VERY nice. Caught three so far and yet my highest was/is 130CP. Same deal for Snorlax - caught three, best is 600-odd. Luckily, they've all had non-ideal moves bar one teeny Snorlax, but I don't even want to think about the Candy/Dust I'd have needed to make it work.

Seems like I need a lucky 10k hatch to get either at a decent level... but my 10k luck has been pretty good so far, so it feels like I'm overdue a Jynx or an Onix. Please no.

Awayze

Neo Member
After finding the nearest Charmander nest a couple days ago and jogged around 21 miles around this humongous park on and off since Sunday, I finally evolved my first Charizard today!

If anything, Pokemon Go's hooked me up with some decent stamina since I've started playing. xD You're next Bulbasaur!
Whereabouts in the UK is the Charmander nest? I'm guessing not Manchester as I've never seen a Charmander here.
Never mind, just saw the the nests are nowhere near me Give Manchester some love please Niantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom