• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have this problem:

Every time i enter a restaurant or a shop or something while playing PoGo i get the message no gps signal detected. Outside it's working perfectly fine. My friends do not get the message, they can play just fine inside. I have a Galaxy S6 while my friend has a Galaxy S5 so i don't think it's because of my phone?

Anyone got a tip?

The app is always having problems with GPS when I'm at work. I have only 1-2 bars of cellular service but I'm on wifi and there seems to be a point in the day when I'm constantly having to shut down and reopen the app for it to work again.

rc213

La Brea Tar Pits for Charmander

Yup, Might go back today after work.

Not sure if I'd consider it a nest but more of a spawn point. Corner of 3rd/Fairfax Grove/Farmers Market always has 1 or 2 Pikachu running around.

GPS is definitely wonky, Today on my commute to work I got about 2.6Km total which is back to the levels near the launch of the app. .

How many pokemon can you evolve in 30 minutes? I currently have enough candies for various mons to get 25 evolutions in. I think I will be able to do much more but it's taking a while to catch stuff. Weedles like to run away a lot now...

Koren

It's quite fun seeing in the street a 65 years old man explaining a 12 years old kid how to throw a curve ball...

(well, I don't doubt some will find this kind of thing potentially dangerous, but we live in a sad world if anything that could bring generations closer is suspicious)

65 I believe

Still only gets me like 2/3rds of a level. RIP.

Level 28, +1k cp is somewhat common

Yeah, once you hit 25 ish you can catch stuff that'll take on gyms pretty easily.

This week has been rough for my hunting. Almost no EXP at all as I went to anew park to try and find executes to tackle the Vaporeon / Rhydon gym problem we have in town. Got very few of them and the stops were not in a great walking layout.

Helping with some club fair stuff tonight, but we did make a spinning Pokestop prop which is pretty neat. I probably won't catch much tonight either.

Going to Fresno on Saturday though, will have plenty of time to catch Pokémon in between tournament matches.

zulux21

I'd be curious to know what kind of scanner, and if it's the real reason. Because seeing how most scanners work, it's guessing game for Niantic, and prone to false positives...

The only thing they now is that someone used a scanner around the same time and place that someone used the app... Banning the latter, hoping that it's the same one as the former seems... hazardous.

As I said it was the pokemon go - live map scanner.
it is the only thing he has ever used that account for.
and nothing has happened to his game account just the scanner account.

I can't see them banning accounts that were on the same IP though. it would destroy to many people who use public wifi to help reduce data uses.

GulAtiCa

Just need 35k more Exp to lv 24! Considering it was last Wednesday that I reached lv 23, I'm gaining exp at a pretty decent rate. Hopefully by the end of the month I reach lv 25.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I think someone else posted this, but lately I've been getting way more 2k eggs than 5/10k. All my leftover eggs are 2k but one now.

I think someone else posted this, but lately I've been getting way more 2k eggs than 5/10k. All my leftover eggs are 2k but one now.

I'm glad that I only have one 2km egg at the moment, because these things just piss me off. Virtually all of them have been duds. The best thing I've hatched from one is a Geodude.

L Thammy

I'm glad that I only have one 2km egg at the moment, because these things just piss me off. Virtually all of them have been duds. The best thing I've hatched from one is a Geodude.

That's why they're so easy to hatch; because they're all crap.

Right now I only have 5k's, and that's after hatching about eight 5ks. I've only gotten one 10k ever, and I'm level 21 right now.

It's quite fun seeing in the street a 65 years old man explaining a 12 years old kid how to throw a curve ball...

(well, I don't doubt some will find this kind of thing potentially dangerous, but we live in a sad world if anything that could bring generations closer is suspicious)

08.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

My latest were a weedle and a pidgey. It's been ages since I got a starter, and still no Pikachu :(

sam777

I have two oddish's however the one with the lower CP has the better moveset, should I evolve that one or is it random what moves they get when they are evolved? Thanks

zulux21

My latest were a weedle and a pidgey. It's been ages since I got a starter, and still no Pikachu :(

my last 10 were 6X weedle 2X pidgey 1X sparrow and 1x squirtle.

my last one was actually squirtle thus why I went back so far lol.

only crappy part is squirtle is the most common starter around here... so yeah..

Use an Incense
Meowth shows up, first time seeing one
Uses razz berry
Uses normal ball, because I'm out of any stronger ones
Breaks out, flees

Pretty sure I heard "hello darkness, my old friend"

zroid

Banned
wild starters piss me off so much

they're always trash and they make me waste so many balls/berries

but i need dem candies ;_;

pringles

Putting low CP POKéMON into a gym to 'train' it is one of the worst things you can do when you can just put a 1500~ CP one in and train with the same results. I was once training a gym here where I could use my ~ 1000 CP Tangela to defeat two slightly higher water POKéMON to get lots of rep, when another person from my team came in and dropped a ~ 700 Pidgeot in the slot I just opened up 'so he could train', basically cutting me off from training in the process. Another gym I'm in had a 10 CP Mankey and ~ 200 CP Ratticate that people put in there for 'training', and they're just two wasted slots. Just now I attempted to train a lv. 7 gym so I could put one of my POKéMON in, but it was near impossible because the low CP Mr. Mime that was in it wrecked all of my low CP stuff and did enough to my high CP stuff that they could not beat more than one other POKéMON, making training super inefficient.

If you want to train, put a high CP fire POKéMON in it and then train with a slightly weaker water POKéMON. Or a grass POKé and train with fire. Etc. Low CP POKéMON are wasted slots at best and can make training inefficient for others / cost lots of potions at worst. Yes, there are ways to make training easier by putting certain POKéMON in, but many people just do not know that, and in the end, attacking is still too easy when you can just bruteforce with 6 POKéMON at a time, only limited by the amount of potions you have on you.
I agree you shouldn't put 10-500CP pokemon in for training, but 1500+ starts getting a bit much. It costs more potions (since stronger pokemon have more HP), and it limits the amount of viable fighters most people can use (since most players have maybe a handful of 1500+ pokemon).

I mean if someone puts in a 700cp Pidgeot, you can basically use any random pokemon you've caught against it. Even garbage you're about to transfer, which is perfect since you won't need to heal it. It makes it easy to find a type advantage usually. Somewhere around 1000CP feels like the sweetspot for a "training pokemon" though imo. But ideally you should have a wide range of pokemon at various CP levels.

Kinokou

How many pokemon can you evolve in 30 minutes? I currently have enough candies for various mons to get 25 evolutions in. I think I will be able to do much more but it's taking a while to catch stuff. Weedles like to run away a lot now...

70 for sure, maybe 71 or 72 if you are good, and I read somone say 80-100(?) if you can restart the app super quickly to bypass the evolution animation.

Friend just called me and told me there was a Wheezing outside his dorm, I throw on my shoes and jog down there and see it on my radar, then it disappears about 10 seconds later.

His dorm was lured too...

zulux21

best... pokestops... ever.

Friend just called me and told me there was a Wheezing outside his dorm, I throw on my shoes and jog down there and see it on my radar, then it disappears about 10 seconds later.

His dorm was lured too...

why didn't you tap it when you saw it?

or if you are talking about sightings for the radar... then you should keep in mind that pokemon apparently fall off sightings around 2 minutes before they actually vanish.

Syntsui

iPhone users, are you guys using PokéAlert? I friend just told me about it and said it was flawless, I don't have an iPhone so it's useless to me.

why didn't you tap it when you saw it?

or if you are talking about sightings for the radar... then you should keep in mind that pokemon apparently fall off sightings around 2 minutes before they actually vanish.
Whoops. I meant sightings, I tend to get them confused.

Also that's dumb how they don't disappear when they "disappear" from sightings.

zulux21

Whoops. I meant sightings, I tend to get them confused.

Also that's dumb how they don't disappear when they "disappear" from sightings.

yeah... my wife missed a vulpix from not knowing that.

but it was mentioned by someone else in here, and I have definitely found some pokemon that vanished from sightings.

if you have two phones/pogo devices, you can pop an egg and log in both at once and double your pleasure, FYI

so at work there are no pokestops or hardly any stops in the city in general...but a chansey just spawned in near the entrance...I now have 4

hirokazu

ive been seeing this a fair bit lately, really high quality IV pokemon, with basically no CP, im sure its "just a bug" right? of course
That's by design. Why would you think it's a bug? Any wild Pokémon can potentially have minimal CP.

I'm at a point where the Pokemon I'm encountering drain my Balls like water. Even Great Balls. I need Ultra Balls. They also need to fix the Catch Rate already >_<
I'm not sure anybody else is having problems with that. You sound like you're almost at the point where you get Ultra Balls, and you're encountering Pokémon with red catch rings. It's normal for them to break out a lot.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Naming my Eevee 'Rainer' didn't evolve it to a Vaporeon (it was a Flareon). I didn't know that naming your Eevee doesn't work any more?

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
if you have two phones/pogo devices, you can pop an egg and log in both at once and double your pleasure, FYI
And probably get banned down the line because they can see this and being on multiple devices at once playing the game is apparently against the TOS + it will possibly set off triggers on 'holy crap this person is getting an abnormal amount of xp / hatching an unfeasible amount of eggs in a short time'.

hirokazu

I wish they make it so training a Gym is easier. Would help a lot if they did the type effectiveness better.

Also, wish they did a weekly "This Pokemon is more common" event like they do in some of the more recent Pokemon games. Be cool if Voltorbs are more common for my area for a week or so.
I was gonna say maybe fire off a feature request on their support page, but I just realised there's no option to suggest a feature. :/

hirokazu

For fodder Pokemon, don't attempt to catch them unless they're less than 150CP or so.
What, no! Catch everything you see for stardust and candy!

If you want to train, put a high CP fire POKéMON in it and then train with a slightly weaker water POKéMON. Or a grass POKé and train with fire. Etc. Low CP POKéMON are wasted slots at best and can make training inefficient for others / cost lots of potions at worst. Yes, there are ways to make training easier by putting certain POKéMON in, but many people just do not know that, and in the end, attacking is still too easy when you can just bruteforce with 6 POKéMON at a time, only limited by the amount of potions you have on you.
Yeah, I don't think it's so much the CP of the Pokémon that's put at the bottom but how easy it is to train against. Obviously not too high CP so you don't spend too much potions, but having to go against a Pidgeotto or anything else you can easily get a type advantage makes a world of difference compared to going against a Snorlax or Poliwrath.

piggychan

Naming my Eevee 'Rainer' didn't evolve it to a Vaporeon (it was a Flareon). I didn't know that naming your Eevee doesn't work any more?

Strangely when I evolved my first Eevee I didn't know anything about the name trick and first thing it evolved into was Vaporeon.

Think I'm going to invest in a foldable scooter and use it in those huge open park areas where there are nests or late at night in the street areas.

hirokazu

That's why they're so easy to hatch; because they're all crap.
Starters are not crap, especially since the chances of encountering wild starters with good IV are slim to none.

It only works on the first one for each evolution.
I feel like we should just ignore people who keep asking this by now. Or just tell them they're doing it wrong and laugh. >:D

I like how I got nothing at level 23. Took 100k exp and the reward was nothing
Often the display of level up rewards are delayed, but you always get them.

Close to, if not 70.

Once you do all three you can do the name trick again.
Proof?

Jerrod

So i have this problem:

Every time i enter a restaurant or a shop or something while playing PoGo i get the message no gps signal detected. Outside it's working perfectly fine. My friends do not get the message, they can play just fine inside. I have a Galaxy S6 while my friend has a Galaxy S5 so i don't think it's because of my phone?

Anyone got a tip?
If you turn wifi on and there are any hotspots nearby the game/your phone will be able to pick up your location even without connecting to any of them. It will think you are not moving though so it doesn't help if you want to walk around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom