• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

aw yiss my gyarados has bite / hydro pump. score!

also

W3IpzMS.jpg

hmZ3HsT.gif

jts

...hate me...
Got bored, decided to pop an egg and get 5 new Evos, the rest of the time of the egg just went to waste D:

Could have at least waited for 2 10km eggs to hatch first but eh.

Vaporeon now my strongest at 1.5k. Still to spend any stardust since my first week.

Level 21 Pokédex 90/94

orion434

Almost to Trainer lv 25, it's rough being a F2P player. I've been regularly taking the 3 Gyms everyday in my small Town and use my coins exclusively on Bag / Pokemon carrying capacity.

I was showing this guy my collection talking about how I've spent $0 and he tells me he hasn't spent either, lv 28 and he looks at his Incubators real quick... has 6 Blue ones going... I just bust out laughing. I mean why lie?

PSFan

Haha that's mad.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/08/pokemon-go-ban-wave-today/

Im worried about this banwave. I used that IV calculator website that uses your google account not knowing that it was against their TOS -_-'

Niantic should really fix their bugs before banning anyone. I've experienced the GPS glitch several times now, where I get bounced around a bit before stabilizing. I'd hate to get banned because they thought I was spoofing.

But, as with everything else, Niantic is ass backwards about how they handle the game again.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Niantic should really fix their bugs before banning anyone. I've experienced the GPS glitch several times now, where I get bounced around a bit before stabilizing. I'd hate to get banned because they thought I was spoofing.

But, as with everything else, Niantic is ass backwards about how they handle the game again.

it dose that for everyone the people who are getting banned for spoofing are traveling hundreds of miles in seconds

jts

...hate me...

Everyone has experienced the GPS glitch, it's in the GPS nature and I'm sure their data will suggest that. They would have to ban everyone.

I'm sure they will instead be after people teleporting into another cities/countries and such.

Everyone has experienced the GPS glitch, it's in the GPS nature and I'm sure their data will suggest that. They would have to ban everyone.

I'm sure they will instead be after people teleporting into another cities/countries and such.

exactly, they understand the glitch i guess, yet of course its weird if a guy is in australia today and then 3 hours later in europe catching a mr mime...

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I've done all three Eeveelutions and the naming trick didn't work. I now have a second Flareon.

It does make sense that the naming trick only works once per Eevee type.

Eklipsis

Ok can someone help me understand? When using the IV calculator spreadsheet, I enter in the information then it gives me a range of percentage and a list of combinations but what do they mean? Example I have a Jigglypuff that ranges from 44% -97% and 9 combinations so how do I know what the actual Iv is? I'm sure I'm missing something real simple but I've just started to try and figure out Ivs. Please and thank you

Almost to Trainer lv 25, it's rough being a F2P player. I've been regularly taking the 3 Gyms everyday in my small Town and use my coins exclusively on Bag / Pokemon carrying capacity.

I was showing this guy my collection talking about how I've spent $0 and he tells me he hasn't spent either, lv 28 and he looks at his Incubators real quick... has 6 Blue ones going... I just bust out laughing. I mean why lie?

I haven't spent any money but the coins I earn from gyms I buy incubators, I currently have 4.

So it's totally understandable to me he could have 6.

The good thing about small town is that you can take over gyms and hold it. In cities Gyms are overtaken constantly, I can't hold one for more than a few minutes.

zulux21

The good thing about small town is that you can take over gyms and hold it. In cities Gyms are overtaken constantly, I can't hold one for more than a few minutes.

in my small town it's only recently that you can hold gyms for 24 hours.

It's likely the side effect of the large amount of pokestops that were removed. people just don't have the resources to fight large gyms anymore.

I'm playing free too, and it's even harder when you live in a not so big town. I still enjoy playing, but it as grindy at level 22. It's been pretty hard for me to find uncommon and rare Pokemon the last few days, but at least Saturday will have activity.

I'm glad the Gym scene here isn't that competitive, though. I cashed in the 30 coin reward!

orion434

I haven't spent any money but the coins I earn from gyms I buy incubators, I currently have 4.

So it's totally understandable to me he could have 6.

What lv are you? At lv 28 he did not save 900 coins exclusively on defending gyms to have 6 incubators at once. Last time I got Incubators for lv up was 20 or 21... You need to clean out those 5K eggs or they just keep building up.

zulux21

What lv are you? At lv 28 he did not save 900 coins exclusively on defending gyms to have 6 incubators at once. Last time I got Incubators for lv up was 20 or 21... You need to clean out those 5K eggs or they just keep building up.

why not?

at level 28 you would likely be near the top of a gym.
if there was 5 or so gyms that he took that would be 50 coins per day.

if he only walked 1km per day, and used incubators on 5km eggs then each incubator would last 15 days.

50 times 15 is 750. enough for 5 of them. if they normally only used 4 or so that would easily leave the coins for a 6th one to hatch the extra 10km egg.

it's unlikely they do 6 constantly, but they could totally do 3-4 and save up coins to do extras for when they walk more. (I mean I personally use the inifinity and two incubators, but if I got a bunch of 10KM eggs I could spend my extra coins to get more incubators as I am sitting on like 900 coins right now, but I have indeed payed $10 to the game, I am also only level 21 so standing on top of gyms right now isn't easy)

It seems silly to be so sure someone is lying when they very easily could save up if they have some gym luck. If they play with a few friends it's all the more likely they could save coins like that as if you had 5 level 25-28 people going around town and building up gyms as they take them they likely would stay up for a while.

yeah, that's why I'm glad it's back to school time :p I cashed in 4 gyms yesterday...should have had 5 but some bastard took down my slow poke gym while I was fighting the 5th one. ah well, the gyms were in 3 different cities. I was merely crossing my fingers for 3.

orion434

why not?

at level 28 you would likely be near the top of a gym.
if there was 5 or so gyms that he took that would be 50 coins per day.

if he only walked 1km per day, and used incubators on 5km eggs then each incubator would last 15 days.

50 times 15 is 750. enough for 5 of them. if they normally only used 4 or so that would easily leave the coins for a 6th one to hatch the extra 10km egg.

it's unlikely they do 6 constantly, but they could totally do 3-4 and save up coins to do extras for when they walk more. (I mean I personally use the inifinity and two incubators, but if I got a bunch of 10KM eggs I could spend my extra coins to get more incubators as I am sitting on like 900 coins right now, but I have indeed payed $10 to the game, I am also only level 21 so standing on top of gyms right now isn't easy)

It seems silly to be so sure someone is lying when they very easily could save up if they have some gym luck. If they play with a few friends it's all the more likely they could save coins like that as if you had 5 level 25-28 people going around town and building up gyms as they take them they likely would stay up for a while.

You didn't answer my question... what lv are you? The amount of EXP after lv 20 is exponential. If he held and defended 5 gyms for 18 days he would have 900 coins. He lied, I am 100% positive he is full of shit, the look on his face after I laughed confirmed it. The MAXIMUM amount of coins you could have in the US is 4,500 if you collected 10 defender bonus every day since launch. No.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I love Clefairy but there are quite a few of them around here so I got over it pretty quick lol.

g94z7oP.gif

first one is a lapras so ha jokes on you!

ice shard + ice beam too :eek:

Jealous, I have yet to see one at all :T

Very jealous of your 10k collection too. I want to buy some incubators again but trying not to spend anymore on this game lol....

Only spent $20 so far though so I might cave this weekend. I need to go through this entire set of 5k eggs.

Septic360

Banned
Just had a egg hatching thing come up but before the animation of the egg hatching could come up it just went back off the screen aaaaaaaaaand I got nothing.

So I checked my journal. Nothing.

Restarted the game. Nothing.

Great ¬¬ Money well spent on incubators.

jts

...hate me...
Km counter in this game is such a sham :lol

Otherwise I'd be out until I hatched my current 2 10km.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This Gyarados is level 25 right? I'm level 25 btw.

If it is level 25 and not 26 this is an amazing Gyarados. Anyone?
8ukW100.png

5941E1F.gif

I wish I could see Magikarps around. There are actually plenty of aquatic Pokemon in my area considering I don't live that close to a big body of water, but Magikarps of all things are rare.

jelmerjt

Use https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

Is it already powered up? Or did you just catch it?

Best way to find out is to narrow it down by powering it up 1 at a time and hitting Refine (be sure to switch the Powered Up select).

You have so much Stardust and Candy, you might as well. lol

I was able to power it up 3 times so it was level 25. Now 26.5 and 95.6 or 97.8 percent perfect yes :D It was a Magikarp btw so I had even more candies :p Magikarp is reaaaaally common here.

pringles

As I said, it's seems to be to obfuscate how simple their stat system is. The main Pokémon games never obscured the Pokémon's actual stats behind one number.

Please. The game has only three stats. Attack. Defence. Stamina.

Stamina factors into the HP, so that's already shown to the player. The game really only needs to display actual Attack and Defence. Those are not hard things to understand.

Guessing the ballpark only works when you have other Pokémon of similar CP or level to compare to. Otherwise you can have that data but you wouldn't have any context on whether it's good.
I wouldn't mind it if the game displayed more stats but I really don't think it's anything that would make the game more succesful among the target audience: casual players. I see a ton of people playing this that would never touch a mainline Pokemon game. Honestly when you play those games and look at the Pokemon stats, it's pretty intimidating at first.

alakastat.jpg

Now even if you streamline it down to only Attack/Def/Stamina and say "it's not hard to understand", you're not looking at it from the perspective of people that have never played videogames or have no concept of even how stamina/hp are connected. I already have had to explain so many of the game's more "intricate" details to people playing, stuff that seems incredibly obvious from a gamer's perspective but isn't as simple to middle-aged women coming from Candy Crush that I just can't see what the benefit would be of adding more complicated numbers and details.

Hycran

Banned
A Porygon just appeared on my nearby for 5 seconds and then disappeared.

Not showing on pokemonnearby either.

I've never seen one before :(

Better than breaking out of your first pokeball and fleeing, leaving a porgyon sized while in your heart and pokedex.

You can get them from 5k eggs so I wouldn't worry about it. I've only caught one in the wild and my other came from an egg

PokeAssistant told me this Drowzee I caught had 1 possible combination at 93%, so I evolved and powered up and now it says it has 1 possible at 77.8%.

What the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom