• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Km counter in this game is such a sham :lol

Otherwise I'd be out until I hatched my current 2 10km.
it updates the distance every minute in a straight line from where it started to where it counted again, then in the main display that only updates every like 5 minutes or so.

I'm out here walking around the park before headingredients off to Disneyland and saw a perfect opportunity to show how to quickly build up gyms prestige, since everyone seems to complain so much...

first look at the bottom pokemon on your teams gym, then pick out a good counter to it with a few hundred cp difference.

Screenshot_20160819_072929.png

beat him and flee or let your guy die, but the prestige will be significant

Screenshot_20160819_073035.png

after this, you can then insert your badass Pokémon, or if the bottom pokemon had a pretty high CP, insert your own mid tier pokemon for your other teammates to come by and build up your gym, or you can build it yourself beating up on your own pokemon.

Screenshot_20160819_073528.png

but this is important why you can't have a team of nothing but badasses...you need some quality mid tier Pokémon as well in order for you to build prestige as well as allow other teammates a greater opportunity to build it as well.

Had a weird one.

When I got to work I opened the app. It showed me as still at my girlfriends house on the other side of the city.

I also noticed that if I lightly shook my phone it made my avatar walk in a straight line slowly. If i turned the phone and shook, it would turn in the game too.

Also noticed a chancey silhouette on my nearby thing. Spent 10 minutes wandering my girlfriends neighbourhood while I was 40 moles away. I found and caught the chancey! Only 145 cp or something but it's new.

I then kept going by leaving my phone on me leg and tapping my leg at my desk and my avatar walked over 4km and hit some random pokestops and even put a flareon on a gym.

I've nearly hatched my ten eggs and I've been sitting on my ass all day. Also caught like 10 pokes at a lured stop j managed to wander to.

This started 7 hours ago and it's still joy registered me to where I actually am even after multiple restarts due to freezes.

Amazing.

deanote666

8ukW100.png

5941E1F.gif

I wish I could see Magikarps around. There are actually plenty of aquatic Pokemon in my area considering I don't live that close to a big body of water, but Magikarps of all things are rare.

If I hadn't evolved 2 magikarps, I would be around 1450 candy after my vacation.

it updates the distance every minute in a straight line from where it started to where it counted again, then in the main display that only updates every like 5 minutes or so.

I'm out here walking around the park before headingredients off to Disneyland and saw a perfect opportunity to show how to quickly build up gyms prestige, since everyone seems to complain so much...

first look at the bottom pokemon on your teams gym, then pick out a good counter to it with a few hundred cp difference.

Screenshot_20160819_072929.png

beat him and flee or let your guy die, but the prestige will be significant

Screenshot_20160819_073035.png

after this, you can then insert your badass Pokémon, or if the bottom pokemon had a pretty high CP, insert your own mid tier pokemon for your other teammates to come by and build up your gym, or you can build it yourself beating up on your own pokemon.

Screenshot_20160819_073528.png

but this is important why you can't have a team of nothing but badasses...you need some quality mid tier Pokémon as well in order for you to build prestige as well as allow other teammates a greater opportunity to build it as well.

skim read it but the condensed version is

lose or flee against a gym that is full with the same team as yourself and the level goes up which then lets you add a pokemon?

good to know if thats the case :D

Acinixys

No one should ever see what is nearby before sleeping, I did and I saw a Nidoking, of course I went to catch it in the middle of the night but I caught it at least

rofl

This has happened to me twice

First time I caught a Blastoise
Second I had a Venasaur run from me ;(

jotun?

skim read it but the condensed version is

lose or flee against a gym that is full with the same team as yourself and the level goes up which then lets you add a pokemon?

good to know if thats the case :D

No, the point is just pick a lower-CP counter to the FIRST thing on a gym then flee and repeat.

When attacking a different color gym I think you get a flat 500 prestige for each one you beat and then a 1500 bonus for clearing the whole set. But when training it's different. The prestige you gain for each is more than doubled by using a lower CP, and there's no bonus for doing more than one.

If you can manage to win training against ONE pokemon while using something lower prestige you gain between 500 (if just below) and 1000 (if half CP) prestige. If you're trying to train with something that has higher CP, you get a maximum of 250, and it scales down more the higher you are.

If you want to put something on a gym to make it easy to train, its CP doesn't really matter much. What you really want are:
1. Low HP to make the fights go faster
2. Poor moveset (low DPS, non-matching types)
3. Elements that you have good counters to in your lower-CP mons

It's also important to keep track of which of your lower-CP mons are actually good. Not talking about IVs, because that's really only meaningful to their maximum potential when fully powered up. What's important is the movesets - looking for high DPS, matching types for STAB bonus, attack speed that fits your style (faster is better if you like dodging), etc. For best efficiency, you probably want high offense types to clear the fights quickly rather than high HP. High defense could also help save on potions if you're able to go multiple rounds without healing.

AdanVC

It's cool to see the gyms around me when I'm at home being attacked on the horizon and get claimed by other teams. Last night it was 1 AM when a gym nearby changed of teams several times. It was red then it changed to blue 5 minutes later BUT THEN 3 minutes later it changed to yellow and finally back to red again lmao.

Caught a Tauros after a monsoon storm passed over my work last night while pulling a double yesterday. Finally caught him after seeing his shadow multiple times but never successful to find him till now.

I managed to get 200 coins...not sure if I want a pokemon upgrade, bag upgrade, or just another incubator...
I'm about to get my first hundred myself, and I'm also not sure what I want to spend it on. Incubators and lucky eggs seem like the most important, in that order.
EDIT: Oh, and I have a question. Why is it that everyone seems to think that the Johto Pokemon are coming late this year? Has there been a statement or source about this?

I managed to get 200 coins...not sure if I want a pokemon upgrade, bag upgrade, or just another incubator...
I'm about to get my first hundred myself, and I'm also not sure what I want to spend it on. Incubators and lucky eggs seem like the most important, in that order.
EDIT: Oh, and I have a question. Why is it that everyone seems to think that the Johto Pokemon are coming late this year? Has there been a statement or source about this?

I don't know if you gym situation is like mine but I was always teetering between 300 and maxed out for items. I was deleting stuff to manage it but after my first bag upgrade, guess what? I'm currently at 383 items. I'm saving up for another and will probably do the same after that.

Toki767

Toki767, how has the new Nearby working for you? Has it been relatively glitch-free?

It's been great. Only downside is that you only see 6 spots instead of 9.

I don't know if you gym situation is like mine but I was always teetering between 300 and maxed out for items. I was deleting stuff to manage it but after my first bag upgrade, guess what? I'm currently at 383 items. I'm saving up for another and will probably do the same after that.

I don't necessarily run out of items really. Though I do currently have like 50 pokeballs, 170 great balls, 50 ultra balls, and 50 berries along with like 10 max potions, 5 revives, and some other junk.

I'm more tempted for the pokemon slots because when you're mass evolving the extra 50 slots are useful.

Joni

How do I get a refund on Google? Turns out these idiots have banned my entire ISP. The biggest of Belgium and nobody can play anymore. So I was wrong they could make the game more unplayable.

PMS341

Ugh... got a 100% IV Eevee today but it ended up as a Flareon. I had already used up the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro trick before, but oh well.

adamy

Banned

I'm at 800 capacity for item bag storage and contemplating on upgrading to 1000

I constantly have to delete shit which is a pain in the ass

Toki767

I'm at 800 capacity for item bag storage and contemplating on upgrading to 1000

I constantly have to delete shit which is a pain in the ass

The most annoying thing in this game is having to delete items just to make sure you can collect items from a pokestop to get an egg.

zeemumu

Are EV's and IV's important in a version of the game where you can take down any gym with any decent level Pokemon given enough time?

zeemumu

Nope. Not at all. I think people are future proofing for whenever player to player battling comes into play.

Ah okay.

Also is there a Pokemon Nest location layer available on google maps without having to download any form of addon? I've seen one before and I don't know if it's just included in the app or if it's an addon that uses Google Maps.

GulAtiCa

Oh. They lowered the max speed for egg hatching to 6.5mph?

I run/jog for an hour faster than that...

That is a stupid change.

How do you know this?

I was running yesterday and Tuesday at a pretty decent speed and Egg hatching seemed very much fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom