• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

hmm. Interesting. When did this change go into effect?

My run yesterday still seemed fine to me as far as adding steps to the eggs and today's car ride to work still gained me like 1+ km (I don't hit much traffic and a few patches ago it used to only be 0.5km max added)

Though, I guess if it did change, I'll notice it soon on my run tonight

HardRojo

Are there any reports of Niantic banning people who have used pgnexus or similar sites in the recent ban wave? I need to transfer some Pokémon but I don't want to risk getting banned for something that shouldn't be invisible to players in the first place.

eek5

finally caught a Clefairy thanks to the full moon tonight
fixed!

Are there any reports of Niantic banning people who have used pgnexus or similar sites in the recent ban wave? I need to transfer some Pokémon but I don't want to risk getting banned for something that shouldn't be invisible to players in the first place.

Reports? Yes. But I'm guessing most of the shit you read is guilty people pretending to be innocent. If they were doing a mass ban wave against IV checkers you'd hear a lot more complaining. Doesn't mean it isn't coming but I haven't seen anything believable yet.

Dishwalla

Banned
Caught a Vaporeon just a bit ago at the pagoda park, first time I have seen one of the Eeveelutions in the wild. Already had a Vaporeon and the others by evolving Eevees though.

jotun?

Are EV's and IV's important in a version of the game where you can take down any gym with any decent level Pokemon given enough time?

Even though you CAN take down anything given enough time (and enough potions), it's still better to be able to do it faster so you can do other things. When defending a gym, something with higher CP is more of a deterrent, so a well-defended gym is less likely to be attacked, more likely to stay your color long enough for you to grab more of them.

The best possible IVs only result in something about 16-17% stronger than the absolute worst, so it isn't a huge difference though. Having a good moveset is much more valuable

ditto might be in the game and catchable already no one knows as for legendaries they havnt said how they will be obtained yet either through promotion or what
There's like 100 million people averaging 20 minutes a day across a month and a half, alongside millions of people using mappers and scanners.

Ditto's not catchable. I'm guessing they held it back because they haven't yet programmed Transform.

Got my first 10km egg.

Can't even begin to describe how excited I am to get my millionth Eevee, or even a Pinsir or Magmar, the other two I have from the 10km exclusive group. /s

cHinzo

Got my first 10km egg.

Can't even begin to describe how excited I am to get my millionth Eevee, or even a Pinsir or Magmar, the other two I have from the 10km exclusive group. /s

Prepare for
250px-095Onix.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
fuck yeah, a kabuto right in front of the parking lot when I was leaving work. I didn't even remember it existed when I saw the silhouette, lol.

I've been thinking about getting on one of the original games, but I don't know what to go for. All Pokemon games are relatively expensive second-hand, especially now. What I want is:

Preferrably sprites rather than 3D (low-res 3DS 3D is no fun).

I want the original/Go cast, but if they're still around in a later game, that's fine I guess.

I don't think I want the hassle of an original GBC game. I might get a Micro to play one of the GBA games, or I'll play on my 3DS.

So, any suggestions?

Also, can the originals be levelled up to be competitive, or will I eventually have to evolve?

Toki767

I've been thinking about getting on one of the original games, but I don't know what to go for. All Pokemon games are relatively expensive second-hand, especially now. What I want is:

Preferrably sprites rather than 3D (low-res 3DS 3D is no fun).

I want the original/Go cast, but if they're still around in a later game, that's fine I guess.

I don't think I want the hassle of an original GBC game. I might get a Micro to play one of the GBA games, or I'll play on my 3DS.

So, any suggestions?

Also, can the originals be levelled up to be competitive, or will I eventually have to evolve?

Heart Gold or Soul Silver seems like it's for you.

PMS341

The Grimer glitch STILL exists. HTC One M8. Just updated the firmware as well, but it did not help.

This is getting super annoying. I've reported it multiple times, as I see others have, but no word on a fix or even recognition that the glitch exists at all. I'm at 126 on my Dex, and I feel that Muk is going to be the last thing I get at this point.

Kal

Quick question about The Silph Road's IV rater: When sliding the arc on Step 2 I realised that Blastoise fits into several ranges/levels (each with the same Stardust and Candy requirements). Do I just use the first one? My Blastoise has 492 CP, 59 HP & 800/1 Stardust/Candy. Thanks!

Qwark

Quick question about The Silph Road's IV rater: When sliding the arc on Step 2 I realised that Blastoise fits into several ranges/levels (each with the same Stardust and Candy requirements). Do I just use the first one? My Blastoise has 492 CP, 59 HP & 800/1 Stardust/Candy. Thanks!

I use the first one as that is its optimal IV. Then if I find a really good optimal, I train up to the next stardust level to narrow it down to its actual IV.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
There's like 100 million people averaging 20 minutes a day across a month and a half, alongside millions of people using mappers and scanners.

Ditto's not catchable. I'm guessing they held it back because they haven't yet programmed Transform.

no ones figured out why the pokedex, shop, pokemon or items buttons light up when you hold the pokeball button either secretes are secrete

https://youtu.be/4GKA7nJn5UM

Looks like some people got it during that customer service snafu when some others got the Legendaries. Niantic's support team is something else LOL.

piggychan

How does this work so well?

Is it actually effective in that I can just put it on Mr Mime and zoom out to the entirety of London and just wait?

It looks like it only scans when I grab the map and move to any direction or zoom in and out. But yes it looks like you can search for specific pokemon and it also looks like it will only display when available and give you a time till it despawns.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZeW3wt-h-L7v97FaDLSjqxFysTLQef92c1nNOqt3Tk/edit

bryt

How does this work so well?

Is it actually effective in that I can just put it on Mr Mime and zoom out to the entirety of London and just wait?

I feel like it's missing some Pokemon. Comparing it with PokeMesh there are 5 Pokemon around me but none on this tracker.

RoadDogg

That site shows nothing anywhere near me even though there are plenty lf ratta and pidey at all times. Maybe they have bots set up in populated areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom