• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCDR

Finally, a 2KM egg worth my while hatched on my last walk:

EP5og0M.png

Thundershock and Thunder, gets rave appraisal, this is the one I'm building up :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I finally caught Cubone... he was in a lure by my job. Pokedex at 91/91 now instead of 90/91. /tear
Saw Cubone silhouette about three times since I started playing, but always during moments I couldn't go outside. :( One day.

The real beauty of that strat was that it cost nothing once you had the requisite pokes – even if you took a hit, you'd stay on 1HP for the next attempt and just try again. Latest patch means if that happens, you need to pop a Revive. The way the servers like to mess about, I can't see the Bubble strat being quite so lucrative any more – just quicker and cheaper in Potions than doing the same thing with higher CP pokes. I just run my 800 Graveler into my 1700 Flareon for 1000 Prestige and 100XP a time, while keeping the Gym relatively safe as it grows.

Edit: Some of those new strats look neat, though. Just wonder how consistent they can get...
Yeah, I wonder if they made friendly gym training lethal in reaction to this strat or whether they noticed people saying that revives didn't seem super useful :eek:

The oddish working makes me hopeful, but I don't hold much hope of finding a level 1 any time soon XD

i trashed my 10 cp diglett lol
Ouch, lol. These kinds of finds are making me scared to transfer super-weak pokemon now :p

pringles

yeah I'm like a 5k magnet, I don't mind it taking a while to get 8 10k eggs I will be hatching the others in the meantime.

so far my adventures this morning are freaking terrible lol. so I get to the East LA civic center for my morning run, open up pokemon go...and I look at the nearby...

Screenshot_20160824_064749.png

so I start my run directly to the place I believed it would be, the only place within a few miles that spawns water Pokémon, and sure enough it was there. I used a berry and ultra ball, it broke out and ran away :/
Omanyte, Kabuto and Lapras all nearby? Dear lord.

CassSept

Kinda salty I didn't go outside at 2 am to catch that Mr. Mime. Now Pokemonnearby is dead and I can't seem to find him anymore. ;_;

You should see one within few days, since they bumped up the spawn rate I enountered 6 in different locations around town.

Woof, Pokemonnearby being dead is unnerving. I saw Rhydon at radar today but I managed to track it down with in-game tracker. Took 10 minutes and I was sure it would despawn before I find it but I managed to get it :D

GulAtiCa

Yep, the regional exclusive pokemon spawns were bumped up high. I've caught like 7 Tauros since Saturday. Seen maybe 10 total since then too.

I'm on level 16 and I still haven't picked a team.

I can't change teams afterward and the relation to the legendary birds still hasn't been revealed. The incentive to pick just hasn't been that strong.

Zapdos is my favorite bird but beyond that I feel nothing for Team Instinct.

I thought I associated most with Team Mystic's approach to Pokemon and it seems to be the most popular team but doing what everyone else does is boring, Blanche is boring. From the beginning Mystic has fallen the most from my viewpoint.

Team Valor is just the opposite though. It continues to get wins in my eyes. Best name for a team. Red is my favorite color. My favorite gym leader; even the lines from her appraisals I feel more than the other two. And I thinking maybe I prefer the team valor approach more than the mystic one.

Maybe I've already known which team I should be on and I was just waiting for more information to come out to change my mind.

I suppose the only thing that could make me regret choosing Valor at this point is only being able to get Moltres. I don't think I even like Articuno as much as I used to.

Wow after typing that I'm closer to making a choice than I have ever been,

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Co-worker said there is a Snorlax spawned 3 blocks from our office with more then 10mins on the clock. We went there and he his catch is 1208cp and I got this. This is my 3rd Snorlax....and I challenge anyone who can caught a lower CP then mines...:p

I've been eyeing up the gym bubble strategy but I've never even seen a diglett before so finding a level 1 with the right IVs to do it isn't going to happen. Luckily it seems the pokemon go community is hunting down other combinations that'll work so maybe I'll get lucky and they'll identify something I can realistically find :3

This would be fun to try, if a Diglett has ever shown up in my entire city, which it hasn't. ;p

No luck with Eggs either. =/

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I can't change teams afterward and the relation to the legendary birds still hasn't been revealed. The incentive to pick just hasn't been that strong.
Just like with the name, they might open the possibility of switching teams only once. But if they go the way they did with Ingress, you will have your account reset (lose all pokemon, items and experience, keeping pokecoins (and anything you might have bought that's permanent like bag expansion), pokedex and medals).

Just like with the name, they might open the possibility of switching teams only once. But if they go the way they did with Ingress, you will have your account reset (lose all pokemon, items and experience, keeping pokecoins (and anything you might have bought that's permanent like bag expansion), pokedex and medals).

Thank you. I had not considered looking to the experience that others have had with Pokemon Go's predecessor.

Co-worker said there is a Snorlax spawned 3 blocks from our office with more then 10mins on the clock. We went there and he his catch is 1208cp and I got this. This is my 3rd Snorlax....and I challenge anyone who can caught a lower CP then mines...:p

Actually...that's the exact number mine was when I caught him and that is the only one I have seen. So feel better lol

🐐

You should leave that in gyms when you need a quick cash out
Can people see Pokemon nicknames in gyms? Name that Snorlax "fml"

Was strolling by while a group of youths were taking down the local gym.
Booted up Pokemon, waited for it to go grey and dropped my Lapras in the second they took it...

Their faces was worth it lol.
Yeah they took it back about 15 minutes later but I don't care lol

L Thammy

Very productive trip to Salt Lake City. Caught all these Aerodactyl, Kabutops, and Omastar. Just need Gyarados and I have a complete pokedex!

Does Salt Lake City have a bunch of tar pits? All the fossil Pokemon in one place. :O

I'm jealous of all of you who are getting close to a complete Pokedex. Level 21, been playing since July 16, and I'm still only at 75 caught.

cHinzo

Pokemon variety using Pokemonnearby: Mankey, Poliwhirl, Machop, Magmar, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Haunter, Kabuto, Golduck and Slowbro.
Pokemon variety without Pokemonnearby: Magikarp, Psyduck, Pidgey, Caterpie and Weedle. -_-

Back to egg hatching I guess, nothing to find nearby without being able to search for it. :<

Oh and lvl 21
Caught 72
Seen 72

MANUELF

Banned
Does Salt Lake City have a bunch of tar pits? All the fossil Pokemon in one place. :O

I'm jealous of all of you who are getting close to a complete Pokedex. Level 21, been playing since July 16, and I'm still only at 75 caught.
HOW? I live in a town and started playing when it launched in México but Im level 20 with 80 caught

AdanVC

I swear I have the W O R S T luck with eggs in general in this game. It's been like 3 weeks since the last time I got a new pokemon to register on the pokedex from hatching eggs AND I still haven't gotten a single 10km egg. NADA! Oh and yesterday when I finally managed to get space to get new eggs from pokestops. I got THREE useless 2km eggs. This is driving me crazy. That and the fact that now that 3rd party radars are dead again, catching new pokes will be even more difficult and annoying since I live in a small city. I'm considering stop playing for a while now :( Is not fun to catch nothing but pidgeys, rattatas and sandshrews all day :'(

Same :( I started playing on July 10, I just reached Level 20 on monday and I have only 72 caught... *sad high five*

L Thammy

I swear I have the W O R S T luck with eggs in general in this game. It's been like 3 weeks since the last time I got a new pokemon to register on the pokedex from hatching eggs AND I still haven't gotten a single 10km egg.

If it makes you feel any better, I got my first (and so far only) 10k egg about a week ago, and it hatched into Eevee. An Eevee with great IVs, sure, but not really what I was hoping for.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Level: 26 (thanks Ingress for the knowledge and stamina)
Caught: 89
Seen: 91 (Butterfree and Charmeleon)
Start Date: 8/4

SecondStage

Neo Member
So are the chances of getting a specific pokemon out of an egg completely random or what? My 10k egg luck has been just awful as of late.
Last 6: Pinsir, Eevee, Eevee, Pinsir, Scyther, Onix

I just want a Lapras.

Doomsayer

Lvl 21
Caught : 113
Seen: 113

Start date 7/6

Leveling has slowed down to a crawl - I've been at 21 for almost 2 weeks now. I've also been at 113 for quite some time. Lack of variety is killing me.

MANUELF

Banned
I havent got a single 10km egg yet and for the last few weeks I have only had 5 km eggs, at least I got my first machop and seel from them I guess

CrazE

Banned
I saw an 899 Tauros yesterday. Berry, Ultra Ball, breaks free and immediately runs away. The worst

Just caught one in the high 700's, one ultra and one berry. Couldn't believe he stayed in. Second one I've seen in two days in the same spot. This after seeing one in the wild since the game launched.

L Thammy

So are the chances of getting a specific pokemon out of an egg completely random or what? My 10k egg luck has been just awful as of late.
Last 6: Pinsir, Eevee, Eevee, Pinsir, Scyther, Onix

I just want a Lapras.

Well it's an ice type, so try carrying your phone around in a cooler when you hatch it.

AdanVC

If it makes you feel any better, I got my first (and so far only) 10k egg about a week ago, and it hatched into Eevee. An Eevee with great IVs, sure, but not really what I was hoping for.

Goddamn that is not nice at all : / Seriously, Niantic should remove Eevee from the 10km range no matter how cute he is or how cool their three different evolutions can be. It should be on the 5km eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom