• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Goddamn that is not nice at all : / Seriously, Niantic should remove Eevee from the 10km range no matter how cute he is or how cool their three different evolutions can be. It should be on the 5km eggs!

I got my perfect IV Eevee from a 10km egg <3
CqLZ1p-WYAQlFa4.jpg

I'm happy they released an update and didn't fix my pokeballs flying off into the woods. I would be pissed if I actually spent money on extra pokeballs.

RoadDogg

Level 11
Caught: 52
Seen: 53 (Lapras)
Start Date: July 5

I've seen 2-3 other shadows in my neighborhood but I think I am maxing out soon for my area.

Wichu

So this random Dratini I caught a while back actually has perfect IVs.

I don't have anywhere near enough Dratini candy to evolve it or level it up though. Looks like I need to find me a Dratini nest.

I also have a 93% Eevee. Fortunately I do have enough candy to evolve it and level it up :)

AdanVC

Is there a decent 3rd party tracking app working for iOS right now? There's a lot on the appstore but not sure wich one could work. It's in moments like this where I wish to be an Android user.

KevinG

Just got my second Cubone (caught my first last week in another state) at my desk.

Other than that, I'm kinda done with this game. No way to track means I have no reason to play.

zeemumu

Omg :O

I left at 1130! Were you a part of the blastoise marathon?

A Blastoise showed up?

We left at around 11 based on the last Pokemon that I caught. While I was there, there was a Lapras, Porygon, Dragonair, and Wartortle rush but we must've missed the Blastoise one while we were getting food or something.

CrazE

Banned
What's the problem with Poke Alert and bannings? From what I've seen of Poke Alert, you don't do any thing. It just works. You don't enter any info of yours from what I've seen.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Any of you ever use an item by mistake? The app can be so laggy sometimes. I was scrolling through my items, and by accident I activated a lucky egg -__- I made the most of it and evolved what I had, but that's one precious egg wasted lol

Nori Chan

A Blastoise showed up?

We left at around 11 based on the last Pokemon that I caught. While I was there, there was a Lapras, Porygon, Dragonair, and Wartortle rush but we must've missed the Blastoise one while we were getting food or something.
10 pm was when it popped up. (Had a screenshot of it). People were running off the pier for it. At least hundreds of people ran off half or a quarter mile off the pier to get it.

L Thammy

Any of you ever use an item by mistake? The app can be so laggy sometimes. I was scrolling through my items, and by accident I activated a lucky egg -__- I made the most of it and evolved what I had, but that's one precious egg wasted lol

I accidentally discarded a lure once. :|

rpmurphy

I accidentally discarded a lucky egg once.

Azole

Neo Member

I discarded an egg once...

Hycran

Banned
Any tracker sites out there working?
I like using the trackers and watching movies and pausing them every 20 minutes for a quick jog :)

I was downtown today and some guy had a tracker on his phone which surprised me as I thought they were all toast. Caught a dratini by following him lol

Yes, that has happened to me on the item menu. I accidentally used an Incense, but I'm just glad it wasn't a Lucky Egg.

zeemumu

10 pm was when it popped up. (Had a screenshot of it). People were running off the pier for it. At least hundreds of people ran off half or a quarter mile off the pier to get it.

Damn. Ah well. I'll go back when I get time

Anyone else getting a bug where you can only gym battle in AR mode and then the 2nd one just switches to your camera and you can't see the Pokemon at all? Any fixes?

DrkSage

The discard button still has HUUUUUUGE clickable area, like you could click on the item name and it would bring up the discard menu. I remember when I started the game I clicked on a incense and it brought up the discard menu and I tought it was how many you wanted to use (I thought they stacked) so I went and press yes and discarded the only 2 incense the game gives you from the start.

Other time I accidentally dropped my phone while looking trough the items, it hit my leg and landed face down, when I went to pick it up my finger touched the screen and activated a lucky egg. My leg brought the lucky egg, and my finger accepted its use. I was so damn pissed.

Level 26
Seen: 129
Caught: 129
Start Date: 7/8/2016
Team : Valor

Just waiting on finishing a few evolutionary lines : Charizard, Blastoise, Vileplume, Victreebell, Dewgong, Muk, Cloyster, Gengar, Weezing, Hypno, as well as a few of the rarer mons and region-specifics.

I'm still having fun with this game even though I feel like the developers are focusing on the wrong things (appraisals?). I know there is disagreement on tracking, but honestly, a stronger tracker is great for app engagement. You're more likely to check the game and actually go out and hunt when you know you have a really good chance of tracking something down. And even though the current tracker can be used, it's definitely not the greatest solution. Even something as simple as a direction arrow would be the extra incentive to drop everything and dash out of the house in your PJs.

It definitely feels like they haven't thought through player retention and engagement. Daily missions to spin a roulette wheel for stardust and coins is basic stuff. And how did they not implement shiny pokemon? Or buyable avatar customization items? Such easy things to keep people engaged.

If my wife wasn't super into the game alongside me I'm not sure how much longer I would play the app. But still, it's been a hell of a ride so hats off to Niantic for that at least.

L Thammy

The diversity of Pokemon around my house seems to have gone waaaay up. Over the past two days or so I've caught a Seaking (didn't have), a Tentacool (haven't seen around here before), plus Magnamite and Gastley (seen in this area but not often).

EDIT: Also Horsea. Used to be almost nothing but Pidgey and Rattata.

Fuck haha

Dragoniar spawns in castle island and I'm the first one there to try to catch it and it breaks free and runs away

Then everyone came and caught it lol

&#129300; Maybe if you are first it runs away instantly

Did they update the tracker again? On the map i see circles pulsating on the map.

Course I've walked there and no Pokemon show up - maybe it's a repalcement for the popping leaves?

mugwhump

So wait. The lesson I'm taking from this is that the effect of great balls and ultra balls is least pronounced when the base catch rate is very high (common pokes) and when the catch rate is very LOW (extremely rare pokes)?

In other words, the ONE SITUATION you'd want to use ultra balls in is the situation where they're least useful?

No, you're not quite reading the graph correctly. The lower the catch rate, the closer ultra/great balls come to multiplying the catch rate by 2/1.5 respectively. The higher the starting catch rate gets, the lower the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom