• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

That feeling when you saw an Omanite you've walked for like 300meters and right when you're about to tap on him he just vanished with error message at the top.

Then my 1st 10km egg pops. Eevee. lol

Pop

I'm convinced the capture rates are screwed again.

Edit: Grimer lock up. What a shitty night. Wasted so many ultra balls, haven't caught anything.

BowieZ

Banned
I dont know why they dont already, what is the point of those achievements? You dont get anything for them and you cant even share them with your friends
What do you mean you can't share them with friends? I've shown mine to my friends and vice versa. You can also send screenshots. Also, achievements are meant to be just that... achievements. They are their own reward.

Well folks, Grimer glitch is still intact. Fed up, I had a buddy sign into my account on his phone just to finally catch it and get the Dex entry... big mistake I think. It freezes not only if I click Grimer, but any Pokemon next to it as well. Gotta be careful with that I suppose.
Have you tried everything? Having a friend log in and try and delete it? Swiping left/right from another Pokemon further in the list rather than clicking on it?

I don't know what was going on today... twenty minutes of incense and lucky egg on, and EVERY Pokemon except like four, no matter what I did (berry, great ball, etc..) broke out on the second wobble and ran away immediately. I've never seen anything like it before. 20+ Pokemon just straight-up stole my resources and ran. Is it a bug? It made me so mad.
You weren't driving or catching a bus and collecting lots of pokestops or something just before you started trying to catch Pokemon, were you?

I've found the game seems to punish me if I've just caught the bus and collected 20-30 stops in a short timeframe. I'm convinced it's a form of soft ban.

mugwhump

Nintendo, Pokemon Company, etc. They probably have set certain parameters that must be respected, and I'm worried that those parameters would prevent certain features from being implemented.

It's possible, but I'm not sure we could even make any decent guesses about what those restrictions might be.

CEJames

Just got the update. The Appraisal is a nice attempt but isn't it still a bit vague? And then the team leader talks about if the poke is "really tiny" or "really big" for its species but still doesn't expound on what that affects.

Just got the update. The Appraisal is a nice attempt but isn't it still a bit vague? And then the team leader talks about if the poke is "really tiny" or "really big" for its species but still doesn't expound on what that affects.

Well, right now the size doesn't mean anything (outside of two medals being tied to small Rattata and big Magikarp), so there's nothing else to say. :p

And yeah, it's kind of vague, but once you know the meanings of the phrases I think they're useful enough for most people.

Appraisal is useful, ish, because it can really narrow down which Pokémon it's worth putting into an IV checker to see if they're legit good or just 81% good.

I'd much rather just see stats in game, as would everyone except Niantic, but this is better than it was.

Nightbird

Appraisal is useful, ish, because it can really narrow down which Pokémon it's worth putting into an IV checker to see if they're legit good or just 81% good.

I'd much rather just see stats in game, as would everyone except Niantic, but this is better than it was.

The main games do this too, its good enough.

Radec

Saw from reddit:

IV 81-100%: Overall, your Pokemon is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokemon!

IV 67-80%: Overall, your Pokemon has certainly caught my attention

IV 51-66%: Overall, your Pokemon is above average

IV 0-50%: Overall, your Pokemon is not likely to make much headway in battle  

At least 1 max stat of 15: Its stats exceed my calculations. It’s incredible!

At least 1 max stat of 13-14: I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say

At least 1 max stat of 8-12: Its stats are noticeably trending to the positive

Max stat of 0-7: Its stats are not out of the norm, in my opinion

zulux21

stats would be fine, but would much rather them focus on making more pokemon useful and making weakness and strength the same as the game.

It's silly how easy it is for a water pokemon to beat up most grass or electric pokemon.

or how something like water gun is so fast while moves like quick attack are super slow.

ect.

I mean if we had a real type advantage that would go a long way for gym balance... but even then pokemon need to be more balanced in general.

I am not saying a level 21 beedrill should be able to take out a level 21 dragonite, but at the very least a level 21 beedrill should be able to take out a level 12 dragonite and I still believe that wouldn't even be a close match in the current system.

same with oynx. ect.

what ever I will just continue to use the game as motivations for walks, and hatching eggs, and hope the rare time I can take down a gym other people won't continue to be asses and snipe gyms.

at the very least, I really wish I didn't go team blue.
they are either way to devoted, or assholes, have not found much in the middle at all.

though to be fair team yellow seems to be the cheater team (thus have mostly vanished from my town after the last ban wave lol)

and team red seems to be the team that will be banned when they implement name reporting as they feature such great names as "69urmom" and "BigDongAsian"

can I just join team rocket? liberating pokemon from these asshole trainers seems like the most honorable thing to do :p

hemo memo

Gold Member
img_1225iwoau.jpg

Syntsui

Evolved my magikarp into a 84% Gyrados. Still in 1694cp after a few upgrades though.

Came with Bite and Dragon Pulse
Mine has this too unfortunately :(

Can someone please link the updated attacker/defender tier list, I need to favorite it because I just can't find it on Google.

Terrible spawns near my place last night. Went walking to hatch a bunch of 5k eggs, so many things I didn't need but I did get a Machop egg so that allowed me to get his second evo. I hoped to get a ton of 10k eggs on my ride to work this morning but only one 10k and a mix of 2 and 5s.....bleh.

Also used an incense while walking and every single spawn was a Pidgey. lol

Oh well, hopefully tonight will be better.

cHinzo

Hope people here don't share the password on stuff like Facebook and Reddit. Playing Pokemon GO without nearby is awful over here. Turns into an egg hatching simulator. 😣

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
CqjHy4tUMAE69Wx

So the only way to use Nearby now is to create an account that will get banned? Guess I will just go back to using the in game stuff for now lol.

I don't need the anxiety of seeing an account get banned, I know it sounds strange xD but my main account is a PTC account and I don't want to risk it.

Followed the instructions. Incredibly happy to see nearby back up. :)

There is no risk tossing one throwaway account you create into the hat to get the updated password. If you are concerned about the minuscule possibility they might tie the ip creating the account, to your real account, do it from a desktop.
The accounts you toss in will get used till they are banned like the last batch was. no comeback to you.
Sorry for the up and down, and uncertainty of it all.

Firemind

TIL you don't need to tap items to pick them up. The game will automatically pick them up for you.

Also you can revive Pokemon by powering them up. Saves a revive!

Unfortunately, it would look as if Team Instinct isn't actually getting a third of the participants, making them hardly a balance changer. But even then, it's much better than in Ingress.
Actually, Instinct is slowly taking over my town. :eek: Mystic and Valor are surrendering!

Or maybe no one has Revives yet because they all trashed it. :lol

Just donated a dummy account to the cause and have nearby working good as new! Thank you so much jellies, great idea to get this back up and running.

-MB-

Made a new dummy account for pokemonnearby and it gave me the new password only for me to get greeted with the same message of the password being reset. What gives?

Made a new dummy account for pokemonnearby and it gave me the new password only for me to get greeted with the same message of the password being reset. What gives?

Did you hit clear password in the lower right and manually enter in the new password?

There is no risk tossing one throwaway account you create into the hat to get the updated password. If you are concerned about the minuscule possibility they might tie the ip creating the account, to your real account, do it from a desktop.
The accounts you toss in will get used till they are banned like the last batch was. no comeback to you.

Jellies, thanks for all your hard work :)

Could you suggest a easy place to set up a dummy email?

GulAtiCa

This is a good idea. Great work btw!

Recently hatched a Chancey, 349 CP but 305 HP, with attacks of 15 and 55.

For anyone who has one, how do the fare in gyms? I would think they would be a good defender.

So this morning was interesting. So I find this and I'm like "Oh snap"

Arz5I7C.jpg

Then I find him and it's all:

q4RLCiX.jpg

=/

I'm Level 21 and I get this. My sister is Level 16, caught it and hers was 777.

Oh, and that CP 36? Yeah, it ran away,

=/

Radec

So this morning was interesting. So I find this and I'm like "Oh snap"

Arz5I7C.jpg

Then I find him and it's all:

q4RLCiX.jpg

=/

I'm Level 21 and I get this. My sister is Level 16, caught it and hers was 777.

Oh, and that CP 36? Yeah, it ran away,

=/

Damn.

I also saw one couple hours ago after I evolved my magikarp.
It got 1.4k cp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom